• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: NX more powerful than PS4, Splatoon/Mario Maker ports in development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meesh

I was just saying on Twitter that the next SoulCal should be for PS4/XB1/NX and bring back the exclusive guest character from each console's 1st Party IPs.

Kratos for PS4
Ganondorf for NX
Master Chief/Arbiter or a Killer Instinct character for XB1.
I'd certainly bite for SoulCal Ganon :) just so long as he isn't quite as slow in Smash.

Eolz

I was just saying on Twitter that the next SoulCal should be for PS4/XB1/NX and bring back the exclusive guest character from each console's 1st Party IPs.

Kratos for PS4
Ganondorf for NX
Master Chief/Arbiter or a Killer Instinct character for XB1.

Nier girl
Fire Emblem something
Fulgore

TheJoRu

Good point. I hope that means a May reveal of some sort will mean the other guys will show off NX games at E3 too.

There are a lot of different factors that go into the decision of when to reveal it and what, and I'm sure that there have been plenty of requests from publishers to reveal it before certain dates because (if they are working on a NX-game) they want to be able to put a name in a press release or put a logo in a trailer.

So if Activision is making CoD for NX, EA making FIFA for NX etc. then you'll see some sort of concept reveal and/or name reveal before those are announced, I'm sure.

I would prefer the Powerstone style someone suggested, don't see Nintendo needing a second 2d fighter. Could have a scrolling co-op mode like Final Fight or something.
Fair point ! The genre is decently represented on nintendo systems if Pokken becomes a series in addition to the inevitable Smash port. Something like Powerstone or Anarchy Reigns could be fun too (but that might just steer a bit too close to Pokken) !
Oh maaaaaan! Too bad, I've got so many fond memories playing DS in the arcade, guess it's a good thing I've got it dl on PS3. Too bad about SFV bombing, didn't know it was a dud till now.

If they can get a Capcom X Nintendo happening I could live with that, might be the only way for Mon Hun fighter representation lol, and taking Luigi vs Morrigan would be kind of entertaining.

Yeah, SFV did pretty badly (it sold...according to the latest NPD thread.... through around 600k units, but Capcom wanted to ship 2 million to retailers+downloads).

I'd love a Capcom x Nintendo too. I'm absolutely horrible at 2D fighters but learning an entire genre would be worth it for that !

Rodin

I wonder if Luigi's Mansion 3 could look like this:
640px-Lmdmart9.jpg

That look is the kind of games i want. Not the realistic ones.

I remember the wiiu zelda tech demo, but I think nx could even put much better gfx with vulcano than the tech demo did.

I said this many times but Zelda U already shits on the tech demo from what we've seen. The NX version is going to be an entirely different thing even if the console ends up being a bit under the Xbox One, but that tech demo is an extremely low bar honestly. It's very pretty because it's basically TP in HD with "modern" (well, more modern than the original) rendering techniques, and it was rather impressive in 2011 coming from the Wii, but it isn't doing anything special by today's standards.

Kurt

I said this many times but Zelda U already shits on the tech demo from what we've seen. The NX version is going to be an entirely different thing even if the console ends up being a bit under the Xbox One, but that tech demo is an extremely low bar honestly. It's very pretty because it's basically TP HD with "modern" (well, more modern than the original) rendering techniques, and it was rather impressing in 2011 coming from the Wii, but it isn't doing anything special.

Yep that would be nice and possible
(@screenshot) I agree 100% with your post about that tech demo.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I honestly think the name is just gonna be 'NES X'.

Honorable mentions..

[New] NES
Nintendo 7
Nintendo EX [NEX]

Neoxon

From the looks of the initial rumor, it looks like the main reason behind the struggles for the Super Mario Maker & Splatoon ports is to have those games interact with their Wii U counterparts. Since Smash 4 & Zelda U are locked in, does that mean that neither game is planned to interact with their Wii U counterparts? And if so, would this indicate that their NX versions will receive additional features?

wheapon

From the looks of the initial rumor, it loos like the main reason behind the struggles for the Super Mario Maker & Splatoon ports is to have those games interact with their Wii U counterparts. Since Smash 4 & Zelda U are locked in, does that mean that neither game is planned to interact with their Wii U counterparts? And if so, would this indicate that their NX versions will receive additional features?

I like this think this means that Ice Climbers are a lock. However I'm expecting to be disappointed.

Ridley327

Didn't the GC version sell incredibly well??? I agree, Wtf?

Soul Calibur 2 was a huge success on all platforms. In response, Soul Calibur 3 was a console-exclusive to PS2 and initially skipped arcades, so it was incredibly unbalanced and never able to be fixed in that generation.

Namco had no idea what the fuck they were doing.

Neoxon

I like this think this means that Ice Climbers are a lock. However I'm expecting to be disappointed.
It may not mean that necessarily. It could be something as simple as an exclusive balance patch. Hell, they could go farther without adding more characters, like the 3DS stages & maybe some additional modes, Offline Tournament Mode, additional Amiibo support. They could even change some fundamental stuff like allow Miis for online play (with the default Miis that you see in the Smash 4 renders) or allow for Custom Moves to be available from the start & easily selectable like Assists in the Marvel vs. Capcom games.

MuchoMalo

Banned
Soul Calibur 2 was a huge success on all platforms. In response, Soul Calibur 3 was a console-exclusive to PS2 and initially skipped arcades, so it was incredibly unbalanced and never able to be fixed in that generation.

Namco had no idea what the fuck they were doing.

Didn't Sony pay them for that and the bit for whatever stupid reason?

Here's what EA has said publicly about 6 months ago on a conference call with investors:

EgR70i2.png

we0GjTE.png

This combined with the rumor from earlier this year about them having a meeting of sorts makes me think that they have something planned. Madden, FIFA, and Battlefield are little-to-no risk titles to put on it if it's easy and cheap to port to, and if they pay off it could matter quite a bit in the future.

MK_768

From the looks of the initial rumor, it loos like the main reason behind the struggles for the Super Mario Maker & Splatoon ports is to have those games interact with their Wii U counterparts. Since Smash 4 & Zelda U are locked in, does that mean that neither game is planned to interact with their Wii U counterparts? And if so, would this indicate that their NX versions will receive additional features?

Now that you mention this I feel like, for smash, they either gave up on interacting with their Wii U counterpart or they added something to it like the stages from the 3DS.

As for Zelda, I don't think anything will really be added. I'd expect it to be enhanced but hat's it.

Regarding the mercury steam NX rumor... remember when the dude from unseen64 said that they pitched a metroid game to Nintendo and they turned it down? Also that you were to play as multiple bounty hunters and that he thinks they simply tunred the concept into a new ip? Maybe this is it.

Raiders of the Broken planet.... space...bounty hunters...

Edit: Actually he even speculates that at the end of the video.
Yeah, that was my guess before it was "revealed" (still have no gameplay yet)
The name sounds like Metroid

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Why does this all remind me of the WiiU hype threads a few years ago

Agreed. I'm keeping expectations extremely low. The things 10k posted seem way, way too good for what I've been conditioned to expect.

If Nintendo doesn't talk about the NX until E3 and assuming Nintendo's presentation is after EA and Ubi you'd have to assume that Nintendo would receive no stage time during their (Ubi/EA) events when it comes to them demoing and announcing their own games on stage. Although Nintendo could come out on their own event and say "so and so from Ubi/EA is also coming to NX" after the fact, it'd be better to hear such announcements from the horses mouth, no? Assuming if course that they're actually working on NX.
Good point since they're usually last. A name at the very least should happen. If there are any exclusives (unlikely) they can be at Nintendo's show

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
From the looks of the initial rumor, it looks like the main reason behind the struggles for the Super Mario Maker & Splatoon ports is to have those games interact with their Wii U counterparts. Since Smash 4 & Zelda U are locked in, does that mean that neither game is planned to interact with their Wii U counterparts? And if so, would this indicate that their NX versions will receive additional features?

Few friends and I had that discussion in the discord related to the rumor about which games interact with their Wii U counterparts or not. I honestly think Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U aren't designed for cross play which lead me to believe that we wouldn't get cross-play in Smash Bros for NX. It's possible that we could get new conents (or 3DS stages only) for Smash Bros 4 port but it's hard to tell right now. If we didn't get any new characters or stages, so it's possible that they could add new custom moves, event modes, etc in new game for DLC characters.

Banned
More quality names.

• Nextendo
• Nintendo XXX
• X-Cube
• Triple N
• Nintendo 4K
• Nintendo Box X
• Nintendo Edge
• Nintendo Cool
• Nintendo ∞
• Wii U2
• WiiTwoU
• Super Nintendo Entertainment Cube 64
• Nintendo On
• Nintendo Off
• Nintendo Standby
• N2X2
Even though the Reddit guy made an April fools joke, I was quite fond of NEX.

Pif

Banned
If the gimmick is in fact a screen in the controller, how is it a new concept like Nintendo highlighted?

Wi-Fi remote play is also nothing new.

Peru

If the gimmick is in fact a screen in the controller, how is it a new concept like Nintendo highlighted?

Wi-Fi remote play is also nothing new.

Extended to the full experience being remote play-able and if it actually worked like it's supposed to, that'd be something new. We'll see.

KTO

Extended to the full experience being remote play-able and if it actually worked like it's supposed to, that'd be something new. We'll see.

for nintendo... not to mention i can sync a ds4 to my phone and now my computer and remote play there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom