• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: NX more powerful than PS4, Splatoon/Mario Maker ports in development

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr1p1ex

The tech behind it. You didn't find any other device, in 2012, which had the streaming tech like the Wii U had. Nearly without any lag you streamed a full game on your Gamepad or a movie. Some games even doubled the image so any lag had been seen much quicker if you would have compared gamepad and tv. So they put all their effort in the streaming tech but in the end it wasn't mindblowing enough to gather any attention.

Yep.

And even the extra space that the Gamepad takes up in the box costs Nintendo money.

I do think Nintendo concluded the Wii U wasn't going to be a winner a few years ago and instead of putting good money after bad, cut all their expenses to the bone while keeping the price static in order to not lose more money on the thing.

BY2K

Membero Americo
ZhugeEX @ZhugeEX
One rumour i've heard about NX recently is that the NX will not have a simultaneous worldwide launch.

Japan first?
West first? (Like PS4)

@ArcadeGirl64 Perhaps. Let me know if you hear anything similar.

And as always, just file this under rumour. :)

ZhugeEX
@ZhugeEX
I am of course in no position to verify the above. No need to repost this anywhere as its just a rumour. Just thought i'd share what I heard

Interesting.

Rumor, obviously. So don't take it too seriously.

You know what? I don't care anymore. I posted some info I heard and some people shat on me for it or accused me of writing fan fiction. I tried to do people a favour by sharing some interesting info and entice discussion.

If people are going to take every post I say as a rumor or leak or fact about Nintendo, that's their problem. They were warned I was just delivering second hand info, they were rumors and I'm not an insider.

My source said noticeably better, but that's vague and no specs were given so I'm speculating like you guys. Just forget it was even me posting that info.

For what it's worth, I imagine that most of us appreciated what you did.

If it was "fan fiction", you wouldn't have been allowed to have posted it to begin with. I've enjoyed reading the discussion that's taken place because of your post.

So thanks.

Interesting.

I would imagine if this is the case, the West gets it first for the holidays, and a spring worldwide launch.

edit: 10k thank you for the information. I rolled my eyes at a few users who laughed it off as "so nothing?" but I appreciate the lengths you went through to do it the right way.

At the very least, that everyone should agree on, is that we now have a few more sources to add fuel to the current rumor fire. It sounds exciting and I hope it plays out.

Wow! I love the Nintendo box art! Good job! Simple and straight to the point. NINTENDO, bitches!

Thank you!

Interesting.

Let's say this is true. The west would definitely get it first. I'm not trying to be mean, but we are much more important than Japan when it comes to consoles and Nintendo would want it out by this holiday.

I know this has nothing to do with specs but I'm crossing my fingers that we get blu-ray sized red cases to stand out from Xbox's green and PS4's blue.

I made this mock up because of Nintendo's recent embrace of the red. It makes me positive we're gonna see something like this.

hUQNKx2.jpg

Great mockup - Nintendo box arts have been amazing this generation.

I know it doesn't matter but for someone who loves displaying their games; Wii-U cases have edged to the front of the shelves
DAT wonderful 101 cover art

I know this has nothing to do with specs but I'm crossing my fingers that we get blu-ray sized red cases to stand out from Xbox's green and PS4's blue.

I made this mock up because of Nintendo's recent embrace of the red. It makes me positive we're gonna see something like this.

hUQNKx2.jpg

I'm digging this.

Schnozberry

I don't think they'll do that to Wii U owners (making it horrible to play). They'll probably up the res and fps.

720p30 on Wii U and 1080p60 on NX with addtional effects will feel like a pretty steep upgrade. I don't doubt it will still look very nice on Wii U, and the added bonus of gamepad features like a map and inventory will make it satisfying to play. I really enjoyed Wind Waker again with the gamepad. It made it a much more refined experience.

Symbiotx

The power comparison doesn't really matter to me... NIntendo isn't ever going to be my primary system. If it's powerful, that's great, but I care more about the new system, controller, features, and games. Those are the things I want to see.

Neiteio

hUQNKx2.jpg
That'd be cool. They already use red to make Mario Kart 8 pop off the shelves. It's the most visible color on the spectrum, so might as well make all their games pop out!

The_Lump

Banned
You know what? I don't care anymore. I posted some info I heard and some people shat on me for it or accused me of writing fan fiction. I tried to do people a favour by sharing some interesting info and entice discussion.

If people are going to take every post I say as a rumor or leak or fact about Nintendo, that's their problem. They were warned I was just delivering second hand info, they were rumors and I'm not an insider.

My source said noticeably better, but that's vague and no specs were given so I'm speculating like you guys. Just forget it was even me posting that info.

I was just kidding mang, didn't mean to offend. I'm making fun and of this very fact: people don't think or read properly, they just jump to conclusions and read way too much into everything a "leaker" has to say.

Ignore the haters. You did a good thing imo and you stuck your neck out where others wouldn't.

Menitta

hUQNKx2.jpg

I hope the NX game cases are the same size as Xbox one and Ps4.

hUQNKx2.jpg

I'd make the box more crimson like this:

vfLfBHV.png

And obviously we'd need to consider the actual name. I doubt it's just Nintendo. :p

Oddduck

hUQNKx2.jpg

I love the idea of Nintendo doing red cases.

tr1p1ex

He brought the information to specific mods who vetted that the people who supplied said information are likely to know what they are talking about within the industry. It does not guarantee 100% accuracy but it offers some legitimacy

I was afraid of that. It not only doesn't guarantee 100% accuracy. IT doesn't guarantee 1% accuracy.

-Horizon-

I like the red theme in that mock up. Though I hope they don't do that slight curve like for the Wii U. Just make it a straight line pls

Interesting.

Yep, taking a stab in the dark and I'll say the west will get the home console first. And when the handheld gets revealed, japan will get that first.

Peterc

NES, SNES, and N64 did what?

Edit: If you're implying they were the most powerful, nope.

The Master System was the most powerful console of the third generation.

The Neo Geo was the most powerful console of the fourth generation.

The Nintendo 64 was about the only one you could argue was the most powerful of the bunch in the fifth generation, but it was bottlenecked in so many ways it's only really the most powerful on paper.

What was the first and second? Cbs?

Master system came 2y later than nes.

Didn't know that, because games looked better on nes.

Neo geo, does this count?

It's the same thing with atari jaguar 64.

Just looking at traditional consoles.
Sega, Nintendo, xbox, Playstation.

Otherwise we can even count steam.

I'd make the box more crimson like this:

vfLfBHV.png

And obviously we'd need to consider the actual name. I doubt it's just Nintendo. :p
Yes I love this crimson red! Use his box, but with the crimson red looks great.

This would make the most sense. Consoles are big in the west, but Japan is handheld/mobile land.

This makes the most sense. And I've said maybe there's a reason nobody in the west knows about the handheld because Nintendo knows the western devs don't develop games for it so the devkits for it was only sent to Japanese devs.

Daft Punk

Banned

PUDYbg7.png

Vena

Frankly, while I am joking, I have no idea why Nintendo would stagger release for a console that I can't imagine they expect an EXTREMELY large demand, and that also has no meaningful software in the pipelines to feed a different market or otherwise (nor do other market much care for the old product). Makes me want to believe that the reason for a staggered launch would be, quite simply, because they cannot generate this thing even based on low-projections at a fast enough rate and have to shore up supply for a single region holiday... and in the west this is the most voluminous shopping time of the year and one of Nintendo's largest markets.

If they are on 14nm, though...

jelly

Is this a silly question, will it have Blu-Ray?

Was WiiU something inbetween?

I know they don't like paying the license for DVD or Blu-Ray playback.

hUQNKx2.jpg

RGB -> Done! NX will lauch 13 Nov this year

ffdgh

hUQNKx2.jpg

I'll miss the blue but I'm ok with red boxes if they go that route. Looks goon on mario maker.

Brofield

That'd be cool. They already use red to make Mario Kart 8 pop off the shelves. It's the most visible color on the spectrum, so might as well make all their games pop out!

I agree. Honestly, what bugs me most about the Wii U red game cases is that the curve at the top is still blue. It should be red to match the case, but I don't have the technical know-how to make the appropriate edits to the coverart and make it fit

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Console in the west first and portable in japan first. I would be ok with that.
Red cases too would be cool.
About the rumor. Thank you 10k for having looked for mod approval

These are rumors and so I treat them.

Daft Punk

Banned
Is this a silly question, will it have Blu-Ray?

Was WiiU something inbetween?

I know they don't like paying the license for DVD or Blu-Ray playback.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo used a Blu-Ray formatted alternative to avoid having to pay Sony and the rest of the consortium for royalties. That's why you couldn't watch Blu-Ray movies I believe.

Peterc

The common theory is a shared library between all their NX devices and more frequent hardware iterations. Kinds of like apples model with iPhone and iPad.

Glad you did it and you followed all the necessary steps by verifying. Ignore those comments. If they don't like leaks, they shouldn't be in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom