• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars Season 2 |OT| Let's Get All-Started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Yeah, Alyssa and Tatianna have really improved their brand. They're in 90% of the memes and jokes I see online.
Alyssa in particular really grew on me, what with not constantly repeating that tired feud with Coco or arguing with the likes of Jade Jolie.
That was single handedly her biggest achievement this season. Season 5's editing pitched both her and Coco as rivals and equals. Right down to the elimination. But what the world realized through her post-S5 career and her run on AS2 is that there's a world of difference between their C.U.N.T.'s.

Scribble

Alyssa Edwards slayed the game. The reality TV game and the drag game. The top 3 are only potential winners by default.

Shizuka

5sot72nd8mqx.gif

I don't get the backswamp adoration. I mean she didn't deserve to get treated the way she did on her season but that red velvet onsie. Gurl bye.

Manilla and Raja were/are my favorites on season 3. But I freaking lost it when Stacy Lane just snapped "Who the fuck is Heather!?"

mantidor

I cannot really discern which would be the gaggiest coronation, Alaska's or Katya's, I have to congratulate the producers, they transformed and obvious win into insane drama.

kirblar

I cannot really discern which would be the gaggiest coronation, Alaska's or Katya's, I have to congratulate the producers, they transformed and obvious win into insane drama.
I could see a double win happening too- it's a "Hall of Fame" entry, not a crown, so you're not technically limited to one winner.

Lol I'm being serious. Alaska's gonna win because she deserves to win. And I'm saying this as a premiere Katya stan.
How tho? Is it a managing your brand competition or an entertainment competition? Because Katya has been much more entertaining in this season than Alaska has. And if it's just an assessment of "who has the best brand" outside of the show then what's the point?

Shizuka

I could see a double win happening too- it's a "Hall of Fame" entry, not a crown, so you're not technically limited to one winner.

Ever since Alaska's ex leaked the top three (now four), people have been claiming for a double coronation. I wonder if it's likely, if even Adore and Bianca shot a finale where both of them won season six.

How tho? Is it a managing your brand competition or an entertainment competition? Because Katya has been much more entertaining in this season than Alaska has. And if it's just an assessment of "who has the best brand" outside of the show then what's the point?

It's a challenge competition, and the season winner has always been the queen who won the most challenges, or had the best track record. The only rationale behind not wanting Alaska to win is that she let her ass hang out a bit in the last episode that made us not like her. Is that really a reason not to crown her, despite her amazing performance over the past six episodes? She won four of them!

She has the best winning record in Drag Race herstory. She assassinated the season. If Katya or Detox win then it proves that challenge performance doesn't really matter.

Shizuka

I'm not against Alaska winning. I love Alaska, I'm still a huge fan. As long as Roxxxy and Detox don't win, I'm good.

mantidor

It's a challenge competition, and the season winner has always been the queen who won the most challenges, or had the best track record. The only rationale behind not wanting Alaska to win is that she let her ass hang out a bit in the last episode that made us not like her. Is that really a reason not to crown her, despite her amazing performance over the past six episodes? She won four of them!

She has the best winning record in Drag Race herstory. She assassinated the season. If Katya or Detox win then it proves that challenge performance doesn't really matter.

Challenge performance really didn't matter this season with the queens choosing whos leaving and their many questionable decisions (basically rolaskatox decisions) so all bets are off.

And depending on Katya's performance in the final episode she could tie with Alaska in winnings.

And the producers aren't dumb, they forced winnings before when it was kind of undeserved with the likes of Adore or Kim Chi or other fan populars just so the score could be "tied", even when most people saw through it anyway. "Forcing" Katya to even it out with Alaska seems to be the likely scenario, it shouldn't be difficult because Katya usually slays.

royalan

I don't know if number of challenges won is a good measure this season, since there are always two winners. I don't know if winning the lip sync counts that much.

Katya has won as many challenges as Alaska.

Challenge performance really didn't matter this season with the queens choosing whos leaving and their many questionable decisions (basically rolaskatox decisions) so all bets are off.

And depending on Katya's performance in the final episode she could tie with Alaska in winnings.

And the producers aren't dumb, they forced winnings before when it was kind of undeserved with the likes of Adore or Kim Chi or other fan populars just so the score could be "tied", even when most people saw through it anyway. "Forcing" Katya to even it out with Alaska seems to be the likely scenario, it shouldn't be difficult because Katya usually slays.

Err I wouldn't say challenge performance didn't really matter; if anything the elimination placements didn't matter because of the shocking outs of Alyssa, Tatianna and the like, but it absolutely matters who won the challenges. It's still Drag Race after all.

And I don't think they pick a winner in the final episode; it's just gonna be three or four challenges in a row with a tearful runway segment and then (most likely) a four way lip sync. The track records have already been printed and sent through. Alaska has won four challenges and won every lip sync. Katya has won three challenges and lost every lip sync. The show would lose some integrity if it crowned the latter just because she's more likable. :(

mantidor

The show would lose some integrity if it crowned the latter just because she's more likable. :(

The show has no integrity it's entirely subjective lol.

And the final episode definitely counts, we are having final challenge + crowning like pre season 4, it's not just a crowning.

At the end I can only be sure the winners are Alyssa, Tatiana and Katya. All of them made deep lasting impressions that only increased their brand awareness, all the rest came off a little bit worse, or in some cases a lot worse.

Edit: actually we have no idea right? the crowning could be at the reunion, all we know is next episode is the last one.

Rayis

Honestly, the fact that people are turning on Alaska based on this very edited show and a few missteps the last two episodes is eye-roll inducing, I still like Alaska despite the fact she showed she's a flawed human being prone to biases just like everyone.

teiresias

Seriously, fuck Rolaskatox, and Alaska can scurry away and call up Trump for some tips on properly throwing narcissism around while gaining followers.

Katya should win this and then march around that stage arm-in-arm with Alyssa. Both of them are far more personable and likable then any of the Rolaskatox BS. It's one thing to be a bitchy, self-entitled queen on stage for your character, it's another to fully display to the world that that's how you actually behave.

RedHill

Banned
Seriously, fuck Rolaskatox, and Alaska can scurry away and call up Trump for some tips on properly throwing narcissism around while gaining followers.

Katya should win this and then march around that stage arm-in-arm with Alyssa. Both of them are far more personable and likable then any of the Rolaskatox BS. It's one thing to be a bitchy, self-entitled queen on stage for your character, it's another to fully display to the world that that's how you actually behave.
5 G's

Actually, Sharon had 4 wins in her season and they were a lot less dubious than

"ANUS"

"...ALASKA, YOU'RE A WINNER BABY!"

There is still time for Katya to win 4 wins in this season and Alaska winning the lip syncs mean nothing considering the only good lip sync this season was Alyssa/Tati.

If these lip syncs had happened on any other season, there would've been at least one double elim.

TrutaS

This episode successfully destroyed the image I had of Alaska. Alaska was my lock-on favourite, and I'm now rooting for Katya first, and then Detox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom