• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars Season 2 |OT| Let's Get All-Started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
Even knowing the winner of a season you should still watch it. The journey to the finish is almost endlessly rewatch able on drag race. I dunno why it's just always compelling. And you'll notice things you never caught before.

The seasons were on Netflix UK.

Yeah I'll keep watching S7 on Netflix. It's so great. I sort of wanna be up to date just so I can chat about episode impressions though, but nevermind.

I feel an awakening within me watching this show lol

B-Dex

Yeah I'll keep watching S7 on Netflix. It's so great. I sort of wanna be up to date just so I can chat about episode impressions though, but nevermind.

I feel an awakening within me watching this show lol

I think it airs on Tru TV or something in the Uk? If not I'm sure it's on YouTube somewhere.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
First ten minutes.
Seeing how Katya would have chosen Roxxxy hurts even more. Still salty.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Aside from what I shared above, some heartwarming moments the queens had with their families. A bit of of their back stories.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Alaska needs to get her shit together and cut this brattiness out. She's crashing and burning, and it's not cute.

Honestly, I think she's leaving tonight. It explains why she was unapologetic towards Tati's fans on Twitter.

IJoel

zgVM8_s-200x150.gif

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Youngest kid's favorite is Alaska and Alyssa. He was about to lose his shit. And he did. He was screaming SEND ROXXXY HOME! But he was pisssssed at how Alaska was acting.
Poor kiddo. That's how we all felt.

Watching the commercial of next week's episode... Is it the finale?

Holmes

Youngest kid's favorite is Alaska and Alyssa. He was about to lose his shit. And he did. He was screaming SEND ROXXXY HOME! But he was pisssssed at how Alaska was acting.
We're gonna go out drinking together because of this.

Rayis

People are gonna turn on Alaska and the fandom is gonna push for a Katya win, I'm ok with this, Alaska acted entitled and that wasn't cute, Rolaskatox was her undoing. Detox should have eliminated her best friend cuz it was the right thing to do.

Shizuka

People are gonna turn on Alaska and the fandom is gonna push for a Katya win, I'm ok with this, Alaska acted entitled and that wasn't cute, Rolaskatox was her undoing. Detox should have eliminated her best friend cuz it was the right thing to do.

One of the first things Alaska did this season was to distance herself from the clique and say that this was her season to shine alone.

The edit tells me Katya is gonna win.

Rayis

One of the first things Alaska did this season was to distance herself from the clique and say that this was her season to shine alone.

The edit tells me Katya is gonna win.

True, but if she really wanted to show she was distancing herself from the clique she should have eliminated Roxxxy instead of Tati a second time last week, regardless, I do think based on performance alone she's the most deserving of a win, but I feel her reaction to being on the bottom will affect her standing with the fandom.

royalan

The editing this season is really good at building suspense. All season Alaska has been getting the Bianca Del Rio edit, obvious winner from Day 1. But Alaska has had a real fall from grace the last two episodes, really tying herself to Rolaskatox in a way I don't think she initially intended, while AT THE SAME TIME they're giving Katya the Jinkx Monsoon edit. Alaska put it best in the preview for the next episode: Katya, like Jinkx, is now the lovable weirdo against the bitchy clique.

This is actually fucking brilliant television. It's like the RuPaul and the show's producers anticipated the fans having the various archetypes and edits used in previous seasons committed to memory, and are now using that to fuck with us.

Who is going to win? Bianca Del Rio or Jinkx Monsoon?

YAAAAAAASSSSSSS RU IS SHOWING WHY SHE WON THAT EMMY

Social media seems to be overwhelmingly in Katya's favor after that episode, so...

There's no competition really.
Katya
is getting like 20x the support of her closest competitor. If she doesn't win, hell will break loose.

Alaska is acting...weird

Nah. This was a completely expected behavior from what I've been seen of her as of late. The success of Anus got into his head. Its a shame she got herself Pandora'd.

SaintZ

I haven't posted here this season but I'm up to date with the episodes.

What the hell was that?!

It's so frustrating, like what the hell happened to Alaska?! D: She's been my fave all since s5 (and I was rooting for her over Jinkx) but what happened tonight was really off putting. I'm #TeamKatya all the way.
Or #TeamDetox.

It's frustrating seeing how Roxxxy just keeps getting saved. Alyssa is such a class act. She looked gorgeous tonight.

oh Roxxxy

RuPaul's Affirmative Action Race

and nawT this gay bachelor show building up to some suspenseful HIV+ reveal like we're living in Real World circa 1993 levels of discourse on the topic.

Problematic.

mantidor

"party"

Fucking brutal. (It might have been an edit though :p)

I liked this new side of Alaska surprisingly, of course it wasn't pretty but it also felt very human.

I still feel cheated we have a final top 4 instead of an extra episode, but oh well, Katya is coming to town next week, I was already going but now I'm seriously considering the meet and greet, even though I fear my crippling social anxiety will get the best of me.

Monocle

Ugh, Roxxxy can fuck right off. So tired of her outlasting more interesting, entertaining, better queens. Fuck off, Roxxxy! You're dismissed.

Alaska's behavior was bratty, but if I were facing the possibility of leaving before Roxxxy, I'd throw a fit too. Seriously though.

I still feel cheated we have a final top 4 instead of an extra episode, but oh well, Katya is coming to town next week, I was already going but now I'm seriously considering the meet and greet, even though I fear my crippling social anxiety would do the best of me.

Douse yourself with some Krisis Kontrol and go for it.

Ugh, Roxxxy can fuck right off. So tired of her outlasting more interesting, entertaining, better queens. Fuck off, Roxxxy! You're dismissed.

Alaska's behavior was bratty, but if I were facing the possibility of leaving before Roxxxy, I'd throw a fit too. Seriously though.

When Roxxxy was standing there grinning when Detox was announcing who she was going to send home... demonic.

This episode was fucking insane.

Alaska unraveling. Sending home a fan favorite like that. Roxxxy becoming expired milk at this point. Detox making enemies now. Katya's cold "party" response to Alaska. This show has been so consistently bonkers and I can honestly say that regardless of how the last two episodes fare, this was the best season of Drag Race ever. Just fucking nuts.

Particularly loving that the entire universe and its drag mom is #teamKatya at this point.

game-boi

In a season where we've seen immature bullshit (Adore), straight up vindictive bullshit (Phi Phi), and everything in between (Rolaskatox), I would be mad about how that elimination went down if
Alyssa Edwards
didn't act so graciously and still had a sense of humor on her way out. She wasn't bitter. She wasn't angry. She knew it was a game and played it appropriately. I have a lot of respect for her. It would have been awesome if she was in the final four because I really fell for her this season, but I bet she's still going to be staying busy for the foreseeable future. Maybe I'll stop by her page to buy some merch to show some support. Bitch was a class act...
always and forever!

That said, I think getting rid of
Alyssa
may not have been the wisest move for
Rolaskatox
. Fans not on board with this elimination (or last week's for that matter) are going to circle around
Katya
and that could get her the edge.

These last two episodes have been pure bullshit.

Roxxxy still being there is just mind blowing.

Alaska losing at this point would be incredibly satisfying. Like, Phi Phi getting sent home by both girls satisfying.

Wtf was Katya even doing though? She seems determined to lose the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom