• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars Season 2 |OT| Let's Get All-Started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantidor

So can we talk about the leak from Alaska's ex that pretty much turned out to be all true? Except for that part about it being a top 3 instead of top 4.

Tin foilers at Reddit are saying that the leak harmed her, and while she was the obvious winner the leak made WoW turned it against her and change the edit.

I'm not sure how serious could be the case against Alaska though, saying you are splitting your prize or paying someone is a huge breach of contract for any reality show, even if it's said as a joke.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
youtube version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5p038vdk2M

In a season where we've seen immature bullshit (Adore), straight up vindictive bullshit (Phi Phi), and everything in between (Rolaskatox), I would be mad about how that elimination went down if
Alyssa Edwards
didn't act so graciously and still had a sense of humor on her way out. She wasn't bitter. She wasn't angry. She knew it was a game and played it appropriately. I have a lot of respect for her. It would have been awesome if she was in the final four because I really fell for her this season, but I bet she's still going to be staying busy for the foreseeable future. Maybe I'll stop by her page to buy some merch to show some support. Bitch was a class act...
always and forever!

That said, I think getting rid of
Alyssa
may not have been the wisest move for
Rolaskatox
. Fans not on board with this elimination (or last week's for that matter) are going to circle around
Katya
and that could get her the edge.
yeah, she totally came out on top. all around a class act this season.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
That's too bad, it could be a RPDRGAF reunion of sorts.
Speaking of which— to the regulars of this thread and other RPDR threads:
- What city do you live in?
- How big is the Drag scene in your city?
- How involved are you in it?

For me:
- Saint Louis, MO
- Local scene is pretty small and full of amateurs, RPDR tours revitalized it though.
- I don't catch as many local shows as I should. I go to 70% of RPDG queens' shows. Although Attitudes, the one club that attracted 90% of RPDR Queens, got shutdown recently due some internal drama. And will allegedly be reopened in two months. Most Queens canceled/postpones their shows until then, which has been a huge hit to the scene.

This whole Rupaul's best friend race is insulting to the art of drag. You have these amazingly talented queens who are unfairly sent home because one wants to keep their friend in competition, even though they have absolutely no chance of winning the crown -- it's poor sportsmanship. Granted this is a competition, but the top queens should be the creme of the crop, not ones who skate by and have the advantage of other competitors taking their friendship into strong consideration when facing elimination.

I felt that Roxxxy's image has been hurt more by those needless saves rather than having a graceful exit that would have given her a proper rudemption. She has no business being in the top 4, given her track record from the entire season, and many fans of Rupaul's Drag Race realize that. Roxxxy's rudemption will likely be overshadowed and she'll now be forever known as the first (and probably only) queen who was able to remain in the competition after being in the bottom five times! Not something to be very proud of.

Rooting for Katya, as she's the most unique one out of the bunch and has been extremely consistent on showcasing her eccentric brand.

Between Tatianna and Alyssa being eliminated, rolaskatox, Alaska's elimination choice because shirt, and her tantrum this week, Katya really is the only likeable person left in this final four. I'm not really counting Roxxxy in that though, because while it does seem like she has grown a lot/is more likeable now, at this point she just shouldn't be there. Kind of same deal with Detox, wouldn't otherwise be unlikeable but rolaskatox is poisoning everyone involved.

Alyssa is queen, though, you could tell that she didn't feel one ounce of pity for herself, in fact she was practically glowing, and that's fucking perspective. Alaska take notes.

Roxxxy could have capped off her redemption narrative by volunteering herself in Alyssa or Tatianna's place.

Katya has always been my fave for this season though I love(d) Alaska. But as we've seen with the last episode, though, Alaska is an entitled piece of shit; Detox is not bright and has never been while sad Roxxxy just has no business still being there. Roxxxy. Fuck all three of them.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

For me:
- Saint Louis, MO
- Local scene is pretty small and full of amateurs, RPDR tours revitalized it though.
- I don't catch as many local shows as I should. I go to 70% of RPDG queens' shows. Although Attitudes, the one club that attracted 90% of RPDR Queens, got shutdown recently due some internal drama. And will allegedly be reopened in two months. Most Queens canceled/postpones their shows until then, which has been a huge hit to the scene.

-Vega Alta, Puerto Rico (Moving to Tampa, Florida on Sunday tho)
-Local scene exists as you may have seen queens on almost every season
-Im not involved but its mostly cause I dont have money for events plus they are somewhat far from the area I live. (40ish minutes by car)

- Outside of Detroit, MI
- Not big at all. I know of only a handful of places that regularly host local queens and RPDR girls in the bigger cities and college towns like Ann Arbor and Kalamazoo.
- I've been to a shows in Flint and at local Pride events but I don't go regularly. When Ru girls come I try to go if I can and if the queens are ones I like or want to see live.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Rolaskatox done goofed. RIP

Katya FTW

I still feel cheated we have a final top 4 instead of an extra episode, but oh well, Katya is coming to town next week, I was already going but now I'm seriously considering the meet and greet, even though I fear my crippling social anxiety will get the best of me.
Douse yourself with some Krisis Kontrol and go for it.
😂

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
i was gagging at the thought of alaska getting sent home by katya this week, they were giving her that villian edit

katya is the obvious winner at this point.

KiN0

This was a crazy episode, but it just cemented this season as the best Drag Race has ever had. We've had drama, comedy, rudemption, and we still don't know who the winner could be. I can't remember a season that had this much entertainment.

The rolaskatox bullshit has been a really unfortunate misstep for those three queens. It has undoubtedly done more to damage their reputations than help.

While I'm still hoping Katya wins, I think the real winners of this season are Tatianna and Alyssa. They showcased really well, and I hope we see more of them in the future.

Shizuka

I want Trixie, Pearl and Kim Chi in AS3. Tripeachi is the new Rolaskatox.

Alaska's mom:

aas8s233f2qx.jpg

game-boi

San Francisco, CA
We're rather spoiled for being outside of Los Angeles. Oasis is a bar here that is owned by Heklina and regularly hosts events that include folks appearing on Drag Race. Some of the girls will come into town to host the show when it airs at a variety of bars around here.

Also, we have Peaches Christ regularly (every 8 weeks-ish?) putting on events in the Castro Theater. The format is largely the same: 1hr drag show that spoofs a movie they show afterwards. Mostly camp classics like Grey Gardens, Hocus Pokus, and Paris is Burning, but a few odd ball picks like Teen Witch (with the two leads!) and Nightmare on Elm St 2 (with Mark Patton!). My all-time favorite is her annual screening of Showgirls (Next year is her 20th screening!). After the drag show portion, Peaches will have "exotic dancers" crawl through the entire theater and over the audience to give free lap dances to anyone holding a large popcorn. These dancers range from the traditionally attractive to super-freaky kinky people. It's completely bonkers.

A friend of mine volunteers for Peaches' shows and it lets him meet a lot of the queens in a much more relaxed setting (regulars include Latrice, Willam, Sharon, Jinx, Bianca). Next time they're opening the door for that I will prolly join in. It sounds like a lot of fun.

...yeah, we're pretty spoiled.

okno

New York City (Manhattan)
Drag is huge here, absolutely massive. It's all over the place. I have several Drag brunches within walking distance of my Hell's Kitchen (a predominantly gay neighborhood just west of Times Square) apartment. The restaurant on the ground floor of my building has a drag show every Sunday from 1-3ish. It drives me fucking nuts during the summers, because they throw open all of the sliding doors for the outdoor seating and CRANK the music up, so we hear everything from our 3rd floor: all the whoos, all the "miss thing/yas henny"s and all the straight women wooing their brains out their pussies. Besides the brunches, there are nearly nightly drag shows throughout the neighborhood. Then we have Chelsea, East Village and Lower East Side (and some in Chinatown).

The one area of drag I am not at all familiar with is the Brooklyn scene. I have never gone out there for a drag show, but there is a HUGE scene in Bushwick and Bed-Stuy, but it's mostly in the Bushwick/Ridgewood area. Thorgy is out there allllllll the time, and Detox and Pearl are mega regulars there. The only reason I haven't checked it out is because I very rarely ever leave Manhattan. I just hate the slog home on the MTA late at night.

I see plenty of RPDR queens on Sunday nights at Hardware bar when Shequida does her weekly show. I've met Alyssa, Phi Phi, Jinkx, Laganja, Gia Gunn, and... someone else I forget, but Shequida has had other queens perform on stage with her, as well.

Don't even get me started on Fire Island.

And then not too far outside the city is Providence, Rhode Island. Which is likely gayer than San Fran.

Rayis

I live in Houston, TX

not big at all, but it's decent enough I guess, it's mostly concentrated in one area and we're predominantly a pageant queen town like a lot of southern cities, there's a local queen who is rumored to be on season 9 of drag race spoiler:
Luscious Massacr, a fierce queen with a club kid style and fierce paint, she'd be the first queen from Houston to make it on the show

Not involved at all, I'm a hermit and I hardly ever get out, whatever little I know about the scene is from the internet, however, Ru queens come to my town fairly regularly, I think Katya was here not too long ago and I regret not going to see her, at some point I will get out and start living a fabulous life
and try drag myself

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
oh Roxxxy

RuPaul's Affirmative Action Race
I can see where you're going with that, but this is a clear case of nepotism by Rolaskatox.
The thing that Affirmative Action would have prevented.

and nawT this gay bachelor show building up to some suspenseful HIV+ reveal like we're living in Real World circa 1993 levels of discourse on the topic.

Problematic.
I thought it was going to be worse than that based on your post, but it was pretty mild. Kinda odd, maybe even planed, but overall it wasn't too bad.

Sydle

As a big fan of
Alaska
, I have to say my opinion of her has changed after this episode. She's still my pick to win, but I won't be upset if
Katya
or
Detox
take it.

Roxy
better be gone after next week.

Shizuka

As a big fan of
Alaska
, I have to say my opinion of her has changed after this episode. She's still my pick to win, but I won't be upset if
Katya
or
Detox
take it.

Roxy

Next week is the last week, it's the finale.

KiN0

I live in Houston, TX

not big at all, but it's decent enough I guess, it's mostly concentrated in one area and we're predominantly a pageant queen town like a lot of southern cities, there's a local queen who is rumored to be on season 9 of drag race spoiler:
Luscious Massacr, a fierce queen with a club kid style and fierce paint, she'd be the first queen from Houston to make it on the show

Not involved at all, I'm a hermit and I hardly ever get out, whatever little I know about the scene is from the internet, however, Ru queens come to my town fairly regularly, I think Katya was here not too long ago and I regret not going to see her, at some point I will get out and start living a fabulous life
and try drag myself

You're in luck, Tati is coming to Houston on October 22nd.

Monocle

This whole Rupaul's best friend race is insulting to the art of drag. You have these amazingly talented queens who are unfairly sent home because one wants to keep their friend in competition, even though they have absolutely no chance of winning the crown -- it's poor sportsmanship. Granted this is a competition, but the top queens should be the creme of the crop, not ones who skate by and have the advantage of other competitors taking their friendship into strong consideration when facing elimination.

I felt that Roxxxy's image has been hurt more by those needless saves rather than having a graceful exit that would have given her a proper rudemption. She has no business being in the top 4, given her track record from the entire season, and many fans of Rupaul's Drag Race realize that. Roxxxy's rudemption will likely be overshadowed and she'll now be forever known as the first (and probably only) queen who was able to remain in the competition after being in the bottom five times! Not something to be very proud of.

Rooting for Katya, as she's the most unique one out of the bunch and has been extremely consistent on showcasing her eccentric brand.
Totally agreed, although you have to know that the producers knew exactly what would happen. Bring Rolaskatox back together and give the queens power over eliminations? Hello!

I can only hope some good comes of this. Roxxxy should be regarded as RPDR's foremost coattail-riding struggle queen, and Alaska should learn some humility. And also maybe consider not bribing people on national TV lol. (Although, again, the producers must have approved on some level since Alaska wasn't disqualified, and the last episode milked her meltdown for drama.)

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Thank you for all the answers, guys. I think the main takeaway is that everyone should move to NY, and assign okno as our emergency contact.

As a big fan of
Alaska
Katya
or
Detox
take it.

Roxy
This is exactly my stance right now. Going in I was Alaska's biggest fan. But her enetitled attitude was simply unattractive. She didn't have the decency to take that one on one seriously, when previously she sat Katya opposite of her and spoke with great sense of self-importance.

She just reminda me of a brat at a Dean's office, acting so flippantly and securely, because his family are big donors.

Gradon

Alaska behaviour was not cute.
It shocked me to be honest, to see her that insecure that she'd offer to buy her position in the competition was hard to watch.

I wonder if Katya picked Alaska. Looking forward to the finale anyway, I'm team Katya.

I'm hashtag team Katya all the way but she shouldn't win. The winning queen is always the one with the best performance on the show. Alaska stole the show practically every week but this one. Katya finished strong but wavered in the first half. Detox has a better record than Katya does so it just wouldn't feel fair.

Also I'm confident that Katya threw two of those three lip syncs to avoid having blood on her hands. Lol

Pepiope

If they were playing the game the way they agreed upon in week 1. Alaska would've been the easy choice to send home.

Katya would've made the right decision.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
what a week for lucian to show his shitty side kiii

edit; still gagging over katyas look from episode 6
Katya-Final-copy.jpg

Kerned

Banned
Just got caught up... how the FUCK is
Roxxxxxxxxxxy
still in this? She should have been eliminated in the first week.

Katya's references are always so on point, I fucking loved her hair this week, it was giving me 1977 news reader, Abigail's Party, even a bit of Joanna Lumley as Purdy - probably none of those admittedly regional references came in to play, but that's what it said to me, I loved it! Her lipsync performance seemed pretty low energy though from the edit.

Obviously Alyssa was going home and she knew why, so she left in style - she's already made a career from not making it to the final - you don't always have to win to be a winner.

Finally caught up.

Man, Alaska really spiraled there. I feel like she's always been shown to have an amazing attitude, so this was pretty jarring. I've read a lot of comments about people writing her off after her meltdown, but I can't drop her as a fan after one aired incident. People have down-points and make mistakes under pressure sometimes.

The true winner so far has honestly been Alyssa.

Yeah, Alyssa and Tatianna have really improved their brand. They're in 90% of the memes and jokes I see online.
Alyssa in particular really grew on me, what with not constantly repeating that tired feud with Coco or arguing with the likes of Jade Jolie.

B-Dex

I'm really curious to see who wins now. Based on performance, which is usually the indicator, Alaska should win. Based on overall popularity, Katya is destroying everyone.

Poor Detox. She had some amazing looks this season along with her promo look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom