• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars Season 2 |OT| Let's Get All-Started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
YAS. The right decision was made. Bless.
Yup, maybe not the fair decision based off the performances this week but
Katya
just seems like a stronger queen this season.

AM I the only one who thinks
Detox
should have won the lipsync?
Yeah I don't know what was up with that.
Detox
should have won that lip sync.

Ugh is it up anywhere, logo got booted from my subscription :( I'm missing it! I'm missssssiiinnggg it T_T
It's being simulcast on VH1 this year, not sure if they air repeats but you can watch it live next week.

Yup, maybe not the fair decision based off the performances this week but
Katya
just seems like a stronger queen this season.
I mean, I adore her, but she literally went right back into the same thing she did in her season when she was in the bottom this week. I love her. I want her to stay. I'm fine with her winning, but this was totally not fair. But, that's life. Plus, I feel like I'm only one of three people who really likes the queen who went home.

Shizuka

I would have only agreed with the queen who stayed safe being safe if the queens had agreed to eliminate the queen who had the worst track record during this season
which would be Ginger, since she had two safe weeks and Katya had one safe and one top two.

B-Dex

l0HlAA8qdTAfAUa2Y.gif

mantidor

Are we spoiling again? really?

Anyway, I think there is a bit of editing there to push the storyline
of the *shocking* twist of Alyssa doing the elimination differently, I still don't think Katya did that bad, and she is a complete different animal, as she put it "she feels like a star", in her totall rucall recaps which are hilarious she says the same thing, so there is no regression there, while Ginger has always been the same, I respect her, I know she is talented, but I just can't enjoy her, I have zero interest to know what she would bring to the next episode while I would have been bummed to not see what Katya does.

The right queen was sent home. I mean, Princess Di was demure poise embodied, and
Katya
played a heightened version of that. She didn't have much to work with, to be honest, but her performance to date has been stellar, whereas
Ginger
has sort of coasted barely above mediocre the entire time.

And her runway would've been garbaj with or without the lights.

Alyssa
has my eternal respect for recognizing talent over arbitrary loyalty to decorum.

EDIT: Everyone on this gay dating show is insufferable. And why are they all so greasy?

blot that shit yo

Spoilers are appropriate when the show has just aired. Give people a day to watch it in case they don't have cable or whatever.

And yeah, Finding Prince Charming was abhorrent but my bf is hooked now. :'(

Monocle

Fuck. Yes. It would have been a travesty if Katya had left before Ginger. She has so much more to offer. Truly one of the best contestants in the history of the show.

Alyssa made the right choice. What a great call.

Based on performance and runaway, the right queen won the week and the wrong queen was sent home.
Sticking to that approach this week would have resulted in a serious injustice. Katya is superior to Ginger in every single way. And besides, Ginger had longer to show what she had in her season, and she hasn't grown a bit. Katya was held back by anxiety and eliminated too soon, but this time she's prepared to show what she's got.

Alyssa was right.

Are we spoiling again? really?

Anyway, I think there is a bit of editing there to push the storyline
of the *shocking* twist of Alyssa doing the elimination differently, I still don't think Katya did that bad, and she is a complete different animal, as she put it "she feels like a star", in her totall rucall recaps which are hilarious she says the same thing, so there is no regression there, while Ginger has always been the same, I respect her, I know she is talented, but I just can't enjoy her, I have zero interest to know what she would bring to the next episode while I would have been bummed to not see what Katya does.
The right queen was sent home. I mean, Princess Di was demure poise embodied, and
Katya
played a heightened version of that. She didn't have much to work with, to be honest, but her performance to date has been stellar, whereas
Ginger
has sort of coasted barely above mediocre the entire time.

And her runway would've garbaj with or without the lights.

Alyssa
has my eternal respect for recognizing talent over arbitrary loyalty to decorum.

EDIT: Everyone on this gay dating show is insufferable. And why are they all so greasy?

blot that shit yo
Totally agreed.

So
can Alyssa find an Immunity Idol or something like that and be transported directly to the TOP3 please

She is providing the entertainment, the drama AND the strategy. Props to ya mawma

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Anyone else find that lipsync a little lackluster? Didn't have much energy from either of them

Going off of the week Katya was definitely the worst, no question.
But really what are you supposed to do with Princess Di? Shes not funny, theres not much of a caricature you can do with her and the material the two guys gave her to do was by far the worst of the group

I think Roxxy was lucky to not be in the bottom two, certainly would have been there if it was a bottom three. Her performance was passable and that runway was grim.

I feel sorry for Ginger, I really like her but I don't think she has much more to offer in terms of the competition. Realistically she was never going to win so in that respect the right queen went home

I fear the day that one of the fan favourites gets sent home. Katya, Alyssa and Alaska have such large fanbases whoever/if they ever get sent packing there will be such a backlash against the winner who picked them. Its got to impact the queens decisions too

Perched for the fallout

Anyone else find that lipsync a little lackluster? Didn't have much energy from either of them

I fear the day that one of the fan favourites gets sent home. Katya, Alyssa and Alaska have such large fanbases whoever/if they ever get sent packing there will be such a backlash against the winner who picked them. Its got to impact the queens decisions too

Perched for the fallout

Well, unless
production manages to put them all in the TOP3 somehow.
I mean, why not? Heck, it's an All-Stars, it's supposed to be rigged a la Chad.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Well, unless
production manages to put them all in the TOP3 somehow.
I mean, why not? Heck, it's an All-Stars, it's supposed to be rigged a la Chad.

Certainly seems plausible, they all have the talent for it
but I don't want to theorize too much as I think the top 3 has been leaked and I want to avoid spoilers like the editors avoid PhiPhi's nice side

Shizuka

I knew there'd be people defending
Alyssa's decision to keep Katya in the competition
, but it's weird that people are saying that's a no-brainer since
Katya
is so amazing. No, she performed badly, she was in the bottom two for a reason, if she went home, it wouldn't be an injustice.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I knew there'd be people defending
Alyssa's decision to keep Katya in the competition
, but it's weird that people are saying that's a no-brainer since
Katya
is so amazing. No, she performed badly, she was in the bottom two for a reason, if she went home, it wouldn't be an injustice.
Eh she performed weak but otherwise was stronger the other 2 episodes while the other didnt do anything memorable.

jorgeton

I agree with who went home. The evicted houseguest (been watching too much BB haha) was just bland the whole season, whereas the one kept has been a constant source of enterntaintment. I am not mad at my queen
Alyssa
for making the correct choice.

Shizuka

Eh she performed weak but otherwise was stronger the other 2 episodes while the other didnt do anything memorable.

That's the thing, if they had agreed to eliminate the one with the worst track record, I'd have agreed with the winner's decision, but that was not the criteria everyone had agreed with during the show.

game-boi

Going off of the week Katya was definitely the worst, no question.
But really what are you supposed to do with Princess Di? Shes not funny, theres not much of a caricature you can do with her and the material the two guys gave her to do was by far the worst of the group

Agreed. Everyone else got vibrant, larger than life characters, and
Katya
was stuck with the dullest character, with boring choreography, and straight up unfunny material (it honestly didn't look like the girls had a lot of input on the performance at all). How was she not given the only
Russian
figure?

As much as I liked
Ginger's
performance in the number, that runway look was horrible and her performance this season overall has been less than amazing. I can completely understand why
Alyssa
sent her packing. She kept the real competitor around.

mantidor

Detox look is amazing but the duck tape in her head was pretty noticeable, kind of sloppy :/ the contrast with PhiPhi's amazing fantasy didn't help either.

That's the thing, if they had agreed to eliminate the one with the worst track record, I'd have agreed with the winner's decision, but that was not the criteria everyone had agreed with during the show.

They even said out loud the queen who made the elimination was going to go a different way.

It was never a hard written rule and not all of them agreed on it, they are just showing us like if it was. As Tatianna said, what if you disagree with the judges? At the end the idea that everyone actually agreed on and we can hear it in different confessionals was that you had to impress the Queens as well as the judges, the eliminated queen didn't impress the queen who sent her home.

This simply cannot be objective at the end of the day, even if Katya said it was "objective criticism", there is no such thing.

Vazra

It was probably going to happen with someone else anyway. Afterall the full work they do may affect the decision even with their agreement. Its not really hard to see this hapoen really.

Matt_

Somebody should have came out with outlandish trixie mattel make up and a beard as the future of drag
you know its gonna happen one day

mantidor

Somebody should have came out with outlandish trixie mattel make up and a beard as the future of drag
you know its gonna happen one day

PhiPhi dressed as Sharon would have blown many minds.

I think she would have probably do it but their list probably didn't mention literally "future of drag" but something like futuristic/robotic outfits.

Shizuka

I like how
Ginger
is saying Alaska is going to win the competition on the elimination video available on the WOWPresents Youtube channel.

kirblar

I like how
Ginger
is saying Alaska is going to win the competition on the elimination video available on the WOWPresents Youtube channel.
It was between her and Katya as the frontrunners and Katya stumbled first.

Katya definitely got screwed over w/ having to do Princess Di- the AVClub writeup does a good job pointing out how it's almost set up for failure due to the lack of creative license, w/ Ru even seeming to recognize this at the end of the critiques.

Matt_

Just starting South Beach On Heels
Any other drag docs to see? watched I Am Divine and Paris is Burning the other day

wow alyssa turned it OUT

idk what y'all are on about with detox winning... alyssa scorched that runway.

also, she made the right decision.

Bless Alyssa Edwards. The minj has talent but she's boring.

Yes finally got to watch today and I agree. She made the right decision. And wow at that lipsynch! This season is really turning into something amazing!

P.s. Did anyone else find it odd ginger didn't hug Katya?

Bless Alyssa Edwards. The minj has talent but she's boring.
same tbh. I was so so glad that Alyssa did that. only the queen.
Yes finally got to watch today and I agree. She made the right decision. And wow at that lipsynch! This season is really turning into something amazing!

P.s. Did anyone else find it odd ginger didn't hug Katya?
i was too busy (literally) screaming at the conclusion turning out the way I wanted to care LOL

Just starting South Beach On Heels
Any other drag docs to see? watched I Am Divine and Paris is Burning the other day

Pageant is a documentary about the Miss Gay America pageant and it's pretty entertaining. It even features a brief cameo from a young Alyssa! I don't think it's currently streaming anywhere but it always comes back on eventually.

B-Dex

This quote from Katya about what Phi Phi said to her helping her cut off her train:

"You're gonna lose. You're gonna lose. I'm an evil bitch from season four who's come back to take the revenge that God has promised me!"

Even though she didn't say it I bet that's what she was thinking.

Sydle

Great episode. I'm really into how the top two has been different every week, makes it harder to guess who will be on top next week. I still feel it's all Alaska's to lose though.

I agree with the decision on who got sent home. She wasn't going to make it to top 3 anyway.

mantidor

We have a top 6 where every contestant in it has been top two
except for Phi Phi.

And she was redeemed in this episode, a lot.

This is really a testament of the masterful editing and background shenanigans skills of the producers.

Like, seriously, hats of to you.

Matt_

Never watched the bachelor and I'm watching Finding Prince Charming
A hot mess

Pageant is a documentary about the Miss Gay America pageant and it's pretty entertaining. It even features a brief cameo from a young Alyssa! I don't think it's currently streaming anywhere but it always comes back on eventually.

Thanks, I'll watch this tomorrow if I can find it somewhere

Shizuka

Next week's promo delivers drama.
A contestant returns and Phi Phi calls Alyssa out for going against what they've promised regarding eliminating the weaker competitor of the week.

The agreed upon way of eliminating queens was never going to last, and I'm sick of it being talked about. A person, in making any sort of meaningful choice, can't really defer from their own judgement, and in fact the attempt to do so is just the attempt to flee responsibility. I think the ones that do win the lipsync should be 'accountable' (meaning they should have to provide an account or reasoning for why they made the choice that they did), but these people are all professionals and most of them already know each other- there should be an element of the benefit of the doubt at play, and trying to artificially eliminate the need for 'benefit of the doubt' by making all of the decisions completely systematic seems sort of cynical to me, it is essentially assuming that these people can't be trusted, so you create a system to make the decisions instead. People should be able to make their own judgements, that's what judgements are, and based on the person's explanation for their decision, others should be able to decide whether the decision that they made was made in good faith or not.

Spoilers based on that preview:
lol Phi Phi

I agree with the above post btw. Systematically eliminating the queens would not only be boring but would be ridiculously punishing for one cock up, especially as said queens don't even get a chance to fight for themselves anymore. Imagine a top 3 of like, Ginger, Phi Phi and Detox lmao

Because the producers knew that detox would send Katya home?

I commend the show for giving the elimination power to the queens but still have a huge level of control.

I <3 Katya. But if she's gonna collapse in on herself at every negative obstacle she should have been sent home. Phi Phi and her skulking in the shadows casting doubt ass should be next.
At the same time Alyssa was doing too much for the song at play

There's something to be said about Detox's performance. She might not have been super exuberant and extra like Alyssa but she had the words down and she had rhythm. All that flailing around that Alyssa was doing was unnecessary and its what got her ass sent home during her season.

Vazra

There's something to be said about Detox's performance. She might not have been super exuberant and extra like Alyssa but she had the words down and she had rhythm. All that flailing around that Alyssa was doing was unnecessary and its what got her ass sent home during her season.

I think both performances were weak and not too fitting of the song but Detox was closer to it than Alyssa overdoing her acrobatics and exaggerations. She needs to know when to tone down the acrobatics. She got eliminated because she was doing the same routine with a different song and that got tiredsome when she had to lipsync as many times as she had to. Sure here she wont get eliminated for the lip sync but gurl needs to simmer down.

Gradon

Yeah I haven't felt my fill from the lip syncs so far. Not sure why.
It was okay. Alyssa was overanimated but I didn't care who won it tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom