• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars Season 2 |OT| Let's Get All-Started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Never watched the bachelor and I'm watching Finding Prince Charming
A hot mess
I'll probably keep watching that because it's so . . . bad and yet so mediocre.

I wish they would make a comedy like Burning Love instead. I don't think anyone in here is actually looking for love, like the real Bachelor.

Shizuka

When you have to lipsync for your life, you'll give it your all. I don't think the money is enough to make them go all out during this season.

Shizuka

I'm giving Phi Phi the benefit of the doubt. The editing is clearly making a villain cut, but you can't be sure of the context if you don't see the entire footage.

mantidor

I feel we are in for some real drama and PhiPhi is preemptively trying to blame the editing.

There have been shady edits, no question about it, but we have already two contestants declaring PhiPhi's weird little mind tricks and feather ruffling ways.

Shizuka

IIzH0wl.jpg

Well BenDeLa is pretty explicit about why she didn't do All Stars:

You know what doesn't make sense? You not being on RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars. I just watched the first episode. Why aren't you on there? Did they ask you?

Take another look. Those TV producers are willing to ruin friendships, professional relationships, feelings of self-worth—all for some cheap entertainment. You won't remember the details of that episode in a week. Those queens may have to work through that experience for years.

http://www.thestranger.com/artandperformance/2016/09/09/24549238/bendelacreme-talks-about-going-to-hell-and-why-hes-not-on-rupauls-drag-race-all-stars

I don't blame her.

KiN0

Really harsh and true.

Is there any other reality competition show that affects its contestants lives to the extent as Drag Race? I mean, it seems as though some Queens have literally had their careers ruined going on the show.

royalan

Ummmm...

I like Ben de la Creme, but this is entitled, whiny bullshit of the highest fucking order and she can have a STADIUM'S worth of seats.

Oh, so you wanna play all high and mighty now? Now!? Let me remind Ben that she is a SEASON 6 queen. Meaning she watched 5 whole seasons of this show and KNEW how it worked, and still made the choice to go on it. She didn't have a problem with the show when it helped HER build HER brand.

But now that she's used it for what it could do for her she wants to shit talk it? Gurl, BYE.

Ummmm...

I like Ben de la Creme, but this is entitled, whiny bullshit of the highest fucking order and she can a STADIUM'S worth of seats.

Oh, so you wanna play all high and mighty now? Now!? Let me remind Ben that she is a SEASON 6 queen. Meaning she watched 5 whole seasons of this show and KNEW how it worked, and still made the choice to go on it. She didn't have a problem with the show when it helped HER build HER brand.

But now that she's used it for what it could do for her she wants to shit talk it? Gurl, BYE.
Exactly.

These special snowflakes have no problem sucking Ru's teet dry until the moment they get enough secondhand fame to justify the hilarious pretense that they didn't need the show anyway.

S I T

royalan

Exactly.

These special snowflakes have no problem sucking Ru's teet dry until the moment they get enough secondhand fame to justify the hilarious pretense that they didn't need the show anyway.

S I T

SERIOUSLY

And not only did Ben do the show, she did the tour too.

GURL, look how fuckin hypocritical you look, gurl!

kirblar

Exactly.

S I T
I mean, it got laid out explicitly in Ep2- this is a platform to advertise yourself.

It just seems like a bit of a silly thing to say because if your friendship can be so easily and obviously manipulated that you wouldn't want to be on the show you're probably not very strong friends.

game-boi

The fact is that she could have politely said something like, "I had dates booked and was too busy for it." without crapping on the same show that brought her to larger audiences that has been pretty kind to her (I get why some queens get to the other side of the experience and hate it). Ben appeared on the show in the noticeably post-"Rupaul's Best Friends Race" era and for her to pretend this AS2 is somehow a totally different beast than what her season was is silly.

Rayis

I imagine watching and participating in the show are vastly different experiences, some queens really do get the short end of the stick and others are brought to new heights, it's a lot like playing russian roulette because you never know how you'll be edited, the producers are shady.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'll probably keep watching that because it's so . . . bad and yet so mediocre.

I wish they would make a comedy like Burning Love instead. I don't think anyone in here is actually looking for love, like the real Bachelor.

I won't lie, Prince charming was in my dreams that night
Can be my new trash tv fix now that love island has stopped

mantidor

Really harsh and true.

Is there any other reality competition show that affects its contestants lives to the extent as Drag Race? I mean, it seems as though some Queens have literally had their careers ruined going on the show.

It's part of the game, I think most reality TV is actually worse for its contestants, they are supposed to be normal people thrown in extraordinary circumstances, handling fame and editing is rough. The thing is that these are Drag Queens, larger than life characters, performers and entertainers, reality TV is ideal for their promotion.

Now we know how nasty can the internet be, but this isn't limited to drag race, anyone who is moderately famous is going to be attacked in awful ways, that I think is a different problem of our modern society, and I don't think is fair to just blame it on the show.

kirblar

The fact is that she could have politely said something like, "I had dates booked and was too busy for it." without crapping on the same show that brought her to larger audiences that has been pretty kind to her (I get why some queens get to the other side of the experience and hate it). Ben appeared on the show in the noticeably post-"Rupaul's Best Friends Race" era and for her to pretend this AS2 is somehow a totally different beast than what her season was is silly.
Like, when Willam talks about it, he's very clinical about the whole thing. He gets the game, he gets that it's supposed to be a symbiotic mutually beneficial relationship. And if you don't think the deal is good for you, don't do it!

Masked Man

I said wow
Nearly had a heart attack waiting for
Alyssa
to announce the queen she sent home.
Katya
is one of my all-time favorite queens, so I literally screamed with glee when she was safe! Long live my queen!

I'm actually screaming

So Phi Phi claimed that during ep 3 some of jeremy's feedback that was meant for Detox was repurposed by editing for Alyssa:
-phi phi said that the "This is fashion and I love it," critique was NOT given to Alyssa as shown. It was too detox. Carson actually told Alyssa they need to be on Ritalin to understand her look
"Coincidentally" 🌝 Jeremy AND carson's full, unedited feedback for Alyssa was posted on the logo.tv website for all to see! http://www.logotv.com/video-clips/c...ace-alyssa-full-critiques-carson-jeremy-scott

Phi phi 🌝

Rayis

Am I the only one who likes
ginger
more than
Katya
?
Yes

I'm actually screaming

So Phi Phi claimed that during ep 3 some of jeremy's feedback that was meant for Detox was repurposed by editing for Alyssa:

"Coincidentally" �� Jeremy AND carson's full, unedited feedback for Alyssa was posted on the logo.tv website for all to see! http://www.logotv.com/video-clips/c...ace-alyssa-full-critiques-carson-jeremy-scott

Phi phi ��
Phi Phi girl, not a good look, did they do this in response to her claims?

I just watched the first episode, and I thought it was rough as hell.

Like I got the premise, but it seemed a lot to take in - like it read well on paper, but it was harsh on screen, a lot of rules to explain. It felt really hardcore and cutting. I know we want these bitches to read, but it felt like the show went in on them from the first moment in order to force them to go in on each other. It was just rough for me, perhaps a step too far.

Halfway through before the reveal, I was thinking it could be fun to have them all stick around and the winner be the girl who had earned the most or whatever, and the cattiness would come from them all being there the whole run and some girls earning more than others - but this felt so cut throat. And this is the season they decide to ditch Untucked? We get the highlights sure, but I wonder how they're going to do the sweetness and light bit at the end of the season since from the start they wanted hate and harshness.

You have girls who go in on each other, but this time it felt like the show itself went in on the girls. It made me uncomfortable.

B-Dex

I just watched the first episode, and I thought it was rough as hell.

Like I got the premise, but it seemed a lot to take in - like it read well on paper, but it was harsh on screen, a lot of rules to explain. It felt really hardcore and cutting. I know we want these bitches to read, but it felt like the show went in on them from the first moment in order to force them to go in on each other. It was just rough for me, perhaps a step too far.

Halfway through before the reveal, I was thinking it could be fun to have them all stick around and the winner be the girl who had earned the most or whatever, and the cattiness would come from them all being there the whole run and some girls earning more than others - but this felt so cut throat. And this is the season they decide to ditch Untucked? We get the highlights sure, but I wonder how they're going to do the sweetness and light bit at the end of the season since from the start they wanted hate and harshness.

You have girls who go in on each other, but this time it felt like the show itself went in on the girls. It made me uncomfortable.

I'm thinking it gets worse. The drama over it on social media is taking off too. I can't wait honestly.

kirblar

The thing is, the public facing jobs and relationships make it so that they're actually playing it straight, instead of like Survivor. I can't recall ever seeing that before.

Yes

Phi Phi girl, not a good look, did they do this in response to her claims?
idk why else they would. the video was posted on monday the 12th, phi phi made that claim two days before. so it's possible

phi phi does seem to be on a bit of a smear about the show tho so maybe they're trying to expose ha

mantidor

Yikes.

I think that its not out of the question PhiPhi simply misremembered, this was filmed over a year ago.

But still, I read she even claimed that the Logo clip was edited, which is absurd, she needs to stop. I'm starting to feel bad for her, maybe she thinks all the nastiness thrown at her in her post season will come back and she is terrified, but here in AS2 they even made a special clip about her experience post season 5 and how awful it was.

Reality TV is all about playing those cards they throw you, I remember Tatianna went on record to rectify that she didn't said all those "thank you" when she sashayed away, no one cared, and at the time she faded into obscurity. She decided to just appropriate it as her catchphrase and it worked wonders, she now has even more catchphrases thanks to AS2.

cory64

Yeah, it was the same way with season 5 and All-Stars 1, except they had the brilliant idea to try and edit and air it in a matter of weeks instead of waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom