• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars Season 2 |OT| Let's Get All-Started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shizuka

I wonder if it's this week or the next that one of the eliminated queens will make a comeback.

Also, I guess it's really a turn for the worse that Untucked was cut, since we're back to 1-hour episodes.

This actual expose of phi phi fuck

https://youtu.be/K6IYYA7T38I
Isn't this the kind of shit they were talking about on this very episode with regards to toxic social media reactions. Like somebody made this, went over it with a fine toothcomb to make it - just chill the fuck out, it's a fun TV show not life or death. Get a hobby besides cyberstalking and obsessing over nothing. (Directed at reddit scrubs and maker of this, not you Garrett).

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I don't think Logo releasing the Alyssa critique video is uncalled for. Phi Phi's allegation was offhand and probably due to bad memory, but it's still a serious one in the context of the show.

There are enough accusations against the edits and favoritism in the show, they don't need an actual participant saying they literally move critiques around to play favorites.

Shizuka

This actual expose of phi phi fuck

https://youtu.be/K6IYYA7T38I

What a shitty video. I'm sorry, I appreciate her work, I'm not her fan, but some people need to get a life. I don't understand how someone can craft a video like that because one stupid comment. If she's lying, the production showed the receipts, end of story.

I dislike this idea of "taking sides", but that's the whole premise of a reality show, I guess.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I had sympathy for phi phi and thought she was getting a harsh gig with the editing (to an extent this is still true imo)
but that video has eroded most of that with me
clearly alyssa ends up sending her home or something because she has got beef

What a shitty video. I'm sorry, I appreciate her work, I'm not her fan, but some people need to get a life. I don't understand how someone can craft a video like that because one stupid comment. If she's lying, the production showed the receipts, end of story.

I dislike this idea of "taking sides", but that's the whole premise of a reality show, I guess.

Exactly. I understand the production team wanting to clear things up, but this is getting blown out of proportion. What she said seems pretty inconsequential, even if it was shady and stupid.

If this week's episode is going to be as dramatic as rumored and Phi Phi has anything to do with it (and she obviously will because she can't keep her mouth shut) she's going to have to delete her entire social media presence, because the fans are already out for her blood.

I don't think Logo releasing the Alyssa critique video is uncalled for. Phi Phi's allegation was offhand and probably due to bad memory, but it's still a serious one in the context of the show.

There are enough accusations against the edits and favoritism in the show, they don't need an actual participant saying they literally move critiques around to play favorites.
this tbh.

Regardless of the fan video that's probably far longer and more malicious than it needs to be, I understand why the network would be annoyed about what Phi phi said, especially since she has a habit of blaming the editing any time she comes across as shady.

Reddit always in line to show how emotionally immature they are by taking a show of men dressed as women way too seriously, yet again traumatizing a contestant in the process (Jasmine says hi) because of their weird sense of TV justice.

game-boi

I had sympathy for phi phi and thought she was getting a harsh gig with the editing (to an extent this is still true imo)
but that video has eroded most of that with me
clearly alyssa ends up sending her home or something because she has got beef

I didn't like her in her season, but Alyssa has already pleasantly surprised me in a lot of pleasant ways in AS2. This could make her become one of my favorite queens of all time if she did this.

It's only a matter a time before Phi2's instincts of shade comes roaring back. There's no way she leaves AS2 with the redemption she so desperately wants.

royalan

Well I thought the video was funny. So the creator did good getting a laugh out of me. #LetTheTeaComeOut

And spare me poor Phi Phi's fee-fees. If she didn't want to get CLOCKED she shouldn't have been out there lying on the show and Alyssa's deserved praise.

Phi Phi keeps trying to play the game, but she's so damn bad at it. Gurl stop.

mantidor

I wonder if it's this week or the next that one of the eliminated queens will make a comeback.

Also, I guess it's really a turn for the worse that Untucked was cut, since we're back to 1-hour episodes.

I feel we are going to get a twist similar to season 7, all eliminated Queens will return right at the middle of the season, this would be the "revenge" episode and they will mix up the whole group in an outrageous challenge and half the queens will be chopped at the end of it.

At least that's how I want it to happen :p

I watched the 3 episodes back to back-ish, so I wasn't reading this thread after Adore left the show - but I just thought that was really a dumb move. Michelle did go in really hard on her, but I think she was way too sensitive about it and what a waste of an opportunity, at worst she would've got more air time, at best she could've got a cash bonus or two - I doubt she would've won of course, but maybe a lipsync or two could've happened.

I felt sorry for her, but the worst already happened, she might've well as stayed and got some exposure and possible cash out of it. Silly girl.

I watched the 3 episodes back to back-ish, so I wasn't reading this thread after Adore left the show - but I just thought that was really a dumb move. Michelle did go in really hard on her, but I think she was way too sensitive about it and what a waste of an opportunity, at worst she would've got more air time, at best she could've got a cash bonus or two - I doubt she would've won of course, but maybe a lipsync or two could've happened.

I felt sorry for her, but the worst already happened, she might've well as stayed and got some exposure and possible cash out of it. Silly girl.
I agree tbh. It's a shame she threw the opportunity away.

I rewatched season 6 in the past week and it really stood out to me how much of Michelle's critique was stuff that she had said to Adore in the first half of season 6, which she mostly fixed by the end of that season. I don't understand why she went back, it was a real improvement while still keeping her "Adoreness"

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I agree tbh. It's a shame she threw the opportunity away.

I rewatched season 6 in the past week and it really stood out to me how much of Michelle's critique was stuff that she had said to Adore in the first half of season 6, which she mostly fixed by the end of that season. I don't understand why she went back, it was a real improvement while still keeping her "Adoreness"

Like Michelle says outside of Rupaul Drag Race. She is rough on the girls cause they have to do better. Its not about changing who they are but polish their aesthetic which I can see why Adore might get bothered cause her aesthetic is messy punk rock on purpose but she can do something similarly but polished. She doesnt do anything to give herself a better shape on her body and it comes off as lazy and if adore hates to be called lazy then she should have done something harder and more when she knows Michelle from her season and from touring with her which she said many times Michelle gave input often.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I'm at the Season 8 "The Queens" tour stop right now (St Louis), and it's intermission.

Ginger is the MC (spotting for Katya who got sick), and the performing queens are Bob, KimChi, Naomi, Thorgy and ChiChi.

To answer a previously asked question, after seeing Ginger live for the first time I ABSOKUTELY think she's more talented and entertaining than Katya. She is fucking hilarious.

Bob was so good as expected, but instead of doing a full performance, he did a bit where he invited people on stage to perform a "purse first" walk for a free shirt.

Naomi was stunning.

Kim Chi was a snoozefest. She wore a large hat, therefore covering up her brand and biggest strength.

ChiChi lipsynced diva songs, and brought the house down when she performed And I am Telling You.

Thorgy was excellent, she did the Fuck Your Purse bit and it was funny.

All in all, I wasn't this ready to be this entertained. Save for KimChi.

Masked Man

I said wow
So jealous of y'all getting to see the queens in person! Here's hoping at least one of them stops over in Japan sometime soon. :/

Pepiope

I'm at the Season 8 "The Queens" tour stop right now (St Louis), and it's intermission.

Ginger is the MC (spotting for Katya who got sick), and the performing queens are Bob, KimChi, Naomi, Thorgy and ChiChi.

To answer a previously asked question, after seeing Ginger live for the first time I ABSOKUTELY think she's more talented and entertaining than Katya. She is fucking hilarious.

Bob was so good as expected, but instead of doing a full performance, he did a bit where he invited people on stage to perform a "purse first" walk for a free shirt.

Naomi was stunning.

Kim Chi was a snoozefest. She wore a large hat, therefore covering up her brand and biggest strength.

ChiChi lipsynced diva songs, and brought the house down when she performed And I am Telling You.

Thorgy was excellent, she did the Fuck Your Purse bit and it was funny.

All in all, I wasn't this ready to be this entertained. Save for KimChi.
that's why I like her more. I saw her live. Ginger was easily... Easily the best one there that night.

Someone is on my side! Woooo.

I really, really love Ginger. I understand why she's not everyone's cup of tea, but I think she's amazing. She's so talented. She can actually sing. I love her.

B-Dex

Screaming at Coco. Literally wat. And why?

rTBNb87.jpg

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
After intermission is when it gets good! Look forward to it!
Whew Lord you were not lying.

Ginger sang a showtune number live and she was on point. The audience lived for it.

Bob did Patti Labelle's Over the Rainbow and it was fantastic and funny. She came out dressed in a short black sequin dress, then flicked her belt near the end and turned it into a long rainbow color dress. Not the first dress transformation in drag race history but I was still damn good.

Chi Chi brought the house down again with Donna Summer's Last Dance. That energy... Those flicks... That girl can do everything.

Naomi did something I don't recall but was hot. I also realized with her eye make up, she inadvertently does a lot of "crazy eye" looks. If it were anyone else I'd say it was intentional but not her.

Thorgy did something I don't recall but was cute.

KimChi did something I don't recall. I would not go see this girl perform even it was free.

Overall, it was a thoroughly entertaining night. I bought this Bob t-shirt, and had him sign it. He told me I'm handsome, but then again I'm pretty sure he says that to all the Mo's 💅

This is how I would rank the Queens: ChiChi >>> Ginger > Bob >> Thorgy >> Naomi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KimChi.

Katya didn't get sick btw. She was fired because going off script during her hosting.

And I am really not liking the amount of negativity AS2 is generating. It feels degrading.

Shizuka

Katya didn't get sick btw. She was fired because going off script during her hosting.

And I am really not liking the amount of negativity AS2 is generating. It feels degrading.

Interested in seeing the receipts for Katya being fired, I wonder what she did to get fired. And I agree with the AS2 sentiment, turning the girls on each other didn't work well for creating a healthy environment for the contestants, but it worked perfectly for the show by getting people to talk about it nonstop week after week.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Interesting. A lot of Ginger's material was rehearsed, but since she was working the crowd, she definitely improvised/went off script as well. So I wonder where line was.

mantidor

It's very obvious if you have ever seen her for more than one minute.

But that's her thing and her fans live for it so I don't get this firing thing. If you hire her and she follows a script she is not doing her job, or the one doing the hiring didn't do it very well.

It sounds like petty gossip to be honest.

W

KimChi did something I don't recall. I would not go see this girl perform even it was free.

This is how I would rank the Queens: ChiChi >>> Ginger > Bob >> Thorgy >> Naomi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KimChi.

Scream! I been saying Kim can't perform for shit. I've seen her perform a bunch of times over the years in Chicago and she has never been very good. Her looks can be sickening but that's about all she has going for her. She got real lucky being on the show.

Rayis

Goddamn, this runway was definitely worthy of All-Stars 2, Alaska with Lil'Poundcake make-up slayed my life, and Roxxxy's Latina eleganza was sexy as fuck too

Bryce with a cowboy hat on, goddamn, that's what dreams are made of.

Goddamn, this runway was definitely worthy of All-Stars 2, Alaska with Lil'Poundcake make-up slayed my life, and Roxxxy's Latina eleganza was sexy as fuck too

Bryce with a cowboy hat on, goddamn, that's what dreams are made of.

My fiance doesn't like Drag Race, but our 5 year old loves it. But, Bryce in that hat got my fiance to pay attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom