• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 7 |OT| Did you not or did you not come for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

I think this my favorite cast compared to the other seasons this early on.

The average talent level has generally gone up each season to the point where the All Stars 2 casting is going to be a bloodbath for the fans.

Though I'm not sure WOW can afford to get all the big queens at once now, probably cheaper to do AS 2&3 in back to back years.

KiN0

Baby Foo Fah / Phi Phi maybe?

This random OP apparently says Chad Micheal's allegedly stated,"...I heard that she makes Miss Phi Phi O'Hara look like an angel this season."

It's certainly possible that Chad could have heard this (seeing as she probably knows some of the queens), but it's also possible that she's participating in a game of telephone and is exaggerating or misrepresenting what she heard from another person who is misrepresenting or exaggerating what they've heard or even know.
It's also possible that the OP is lying.
Also, one poster in there says that this has been known for a while now and the other S7 queens have talked about it..but they really don't provide any evidence beyond just saying it...

That's the drag race subreddit for you.
:p

This doesn't sound so bad. Phi Phi was a bitch but she was a hysterical drama queen. One of the few contestants who has ever made the silly reality-tvesque drama entertaining.

alternade

DAE hate the new Untucked format? I miss the overt drama with the music, the gold bar, the little mini games. This new style does offer up the potential to be more messy with everyone in the same room. With how its shot they are reaching for some level of legitimacy that doesn't have any place in a competition of drag queens

cory64

DAE hate the new Untucked format? I miss the overt drama with the music, the gold bar, the little mini games. This new style does offer up the potential to be more messy with everyone in the same room. With how its shot they are reaching for some level of legitimacy that doesn't have any place in a competition of drag queens
I wouldn't mind the old format if the main show was more laid back, but to have both of them like that was just too. fucking. much. I felt very attacked.

Vitanimus

I love the new untucked. this season feels like it's rewarding fans who keep up with the show and Queens even after the season wraps up. there is still time for some iconique fights but I prefer this laid back approach. Max is getting really lost tho. all style, no substance.

SPOILER ALERT

It's essentially confirmed that
______Trixie
leaves by episode
<<<4>>>
:(

I'm not totally sold on the new format, but Untucked was just getting to be too stupid. The editing and producer interference was so blatant the last couple of seasons, it was kind of insulting. However, I do miss the Ikea eleganza of the Interior Illusions Lounge.

Thanks to Wikipedia I've tallied up the scores for the contestants from the first two episodes:

1) Violent Chachki (WIN, HIGH)
2) Ginger Minj (SAFE, WIN)

3) Mrs Kasha Davis (SAFE, HIGH)
3) Kennedy Davenport (HIGH, SAFE)

5) Miss Fame (HIGH, LOW)

6) Pearl (SAFE, SAFE)
6) Trixie Mattell (SAFE, SAFE)
6) Max (SAFE, SAFE)
6) Jaidynn Diore Fierce (SAFE, SAFE)

10) Jasmine Masters (LOW, SAFE)

12) Katya (SAFE, BTM2)
12) Kandy Ho (BTM2, SAFE)

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Pearl, Max and Ginger Minj are my faves right now

kirblar

No, I don't feel like we need to be watching a Bravo-style manufactured reality show on top of a competition series.

mantidor

The problem with the overt drama is that it was so fake you could see right through it. Mini games led to nothing. I do miss queens getting calls from home though.

I miss the smaller room feel of the old Untucked, even if it was just 3 pieces of plywood erected in the same spot where the sofa is now, it looked more intimate and like shit could kick off. The new Untucked seems to rub some of the magic off, and from the main show itself. I think the only difference in the discussion being had themselves is editing and sound effects, so I don't think that makes too much difference.

Max is getting really lost tho. all style, no substance.
You spelt Miss Fame wrong :p

btw, I got blasted last week for future episode spoilers, so just saying probably best to edit it out!

Guys...there is a reason we have huge black spoiler tags.
You don't have to click them; if you are clicking on stuff you don't want to see...then the onus is on you to show just a teeny tiny bit of self-restraint.
It's completely unfair to get mad about stuff like that when enormous black bars are covering it.

This doesn't sound so bad. Phi Phi was a bitch but she was a hysterical drama queen. One of the few contestants who has ever made the silly reality-tvesque drama entertaining.

hehehe
Yeah, Phi Phi was actually kind of funny/entertaining looking back at it.
Plus, if you ignore untucked she really didn't seem mean or anything, just a little shady and a bit arrogant.

SPOILER ALERT

It's essentially confirmed that
______Trixie
leaves by episode
<<<4>>>
:(

I love Trixie's makeup style, and the philosophy behind it...but tbqh so far it seems like her face is the only thing impressive or interesting about her from a competition standpoint. :p

zeopower6

There's quite a lot to MAX, I think... she's just quiet which doesn't translate well to reality TV. Someone went to school with him and he was always apparently one to talk only when needed and always had thoughtful answers in class. He also always looked super fierce and polished as a boy.

I am banking on MAX getting fleshed out later when all the loudmouths get eliminated. I mean, as if she's going to be part of something like ROLASKATOXXXXXXXX from the very get go. One thing is for sure though, reality TV doesn't ever really reward quiet participants so that is the only thing I am worried about. Some occasions on America's Next Top Model have proven otherwise so who knows, maybe she'll get far despite that>

kirblar

You don't have to click them; if you are clicking on stuff you don't want to see...then the onus is on you to show just a teeny tiny bit of self-restraint.
It's not hard to have a wee bit of respect for other posters who might highlight them accidentally.

It's not hard to have a wee bit of respect for other posters who might highlight them accidentally.

My point still stands.
They're giant black obvious spoiler bars that allow us to talk about these things in "silence" for the sake of convenience, if you don't want to get spoiled...don't highlight any of them. It's better to be safe than sorry, I exercise this practice in many threads on GAF and I don't miss much for doing so.
But for the sake of consideration I did go back and edit a few of my own post to say "big spoilers" before the bar.

Monocle

No, the drama was too heavy handed for me to enjoy. Jump cuts every 2 seconds. Transparently manufactured sequences dominating every single episode. I stuck with Untucked in past seasons only because I enjoyed the queens and their personalities so much that I wanted to see more of them, even in a tedious format.

The new Untucked is finally focusing on what's interesting to me. Real conversations with fewer distracting effects. A peek behind the curtain of production. Different views of familiar scenes and sets. I find that so much more entertaining than Frankenstein editing.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

mantidor

Soft G for life.

Plus, the developer said it like that, plus as a Spanish speaker soft Gs make sense in gi/ge, plus I liked crunchy JIF peanut butter as a kid, plus I heard it said like that at the time.

As a native spanish speaker this makes no sense. You translate sounds? Hard G forever, the creator is wrong.

Raven & Jujubee tho.

And Tammie, Nina, Raja, etc, etc. Lets not exaggerate, it had stinkers but it had plenty of quality as well.

royalan

what is trutv

lbr series 1-3 aint shit

Season 2 is still my favorite cast.

They had the best challenges (the striptease challenge still cracks me up)

They had the best Snatch Game.

Between Raven vs. Tatianna, Tyra vs. Tatianna, Tyra vs. Everyone and Pandora vs. Style it had the most natural-feeling drama.

It had by far the best Untucked.

Nnnn Pandora vs Style

Season 2 might be my least favorite season actually :( No one was particularly excellent on that show. Raven came close at moments but her personality was so blah. Jujubee had a cute personality but she rarely could apply it to the challenges. Tyra's looks were polished buuuut yeah that's it. Pandora sucks and is barely a comedy queen. No standout balanced queens really.

Season 1 at least had Nina and Shannell, who are both better than anyone on 2.

As far as I'm concerned Drag Race's first season was 3.

mantidor

Can we talk about spoilers broken on the show's official facebook feed? Because wow at next episode, even though I see why that would be more popular now.

Matt_

Can we talk about spoilers broken on the show's official facebook feed? Because wow at next episode, even though I see why that would be more popular now.

I'm not sure
but I LIVE for max's look
I was expecting him to be more like Milk but he is so much more polished
quite surprised they went with the beards but it makes a lot of sense with it rising up and conchita winning eurovision

edit; I'm going to treat it like every other tv thread and spoiler anything shown in previews or from official social network

zeopower6

Between Raven vs. Tatianna, Tyra vs. Tatianna, Tyra vs. Everyone and Pandora vs. Style it had the most natural-feeling drama.

Untucked was amazing in S2 partially because the girls were drunk off their asses the whole time... and they had a bartender in the lounge. After Juju got too drunk and was crying mess at one point, they lowered the limit to one drink. Nowadays they water down the generic non-Absolut cocktails, lol.

For me, 2/3/4 are all about the same level. 1 had Nina, Tammie, and Ongina but that isn't enough to compare to the later seasons. 2 had such star power... so many of the queens from that season are iconic in the show's history. Even NICOLE PAIGE BROOKS is forever a legend. It was also probably the most quotable season at least IMO.

KiN0

It also had the best library.

zeopower6

I wonder if they are told in advance what possible theme there is going to be on the runway. Seems like they would need 10 different suitcases if they have to bring a lot of clothes if they didn't know somewhat beforehand.

They get a list of general things to bring along with some things that are decoy themes, I believe.

So for this season, they'd be like...

"Bring a tearaway, fashion show ready outfits, jetsetter eleganza realness, etc." on their sheet of things to bring and NOT bring, lol.

They show how many suitcases girls have when they leave in Untucked now and it's about 4-5 big ones in Sasha Bell's. The producers also go through every piece of luggage when they arrive. x_X

kirblar

I wonder if they are told in advance what possible theme there is going to be on the runway. Seems like they would need 10 different suitcases if they have to bring a lot of clothes if they didn't know somewhat beforehand.
They are told the themes in advance, so they have time to plan a look for each beforehand. It's why the "I want you to show me ____" can be hard for some of them because their planned looks just aren't adaptable enough to the critique.

Vitanimus

I'm not sure
but I LIVE for max's look
I was expecting him to be more like Milk but he is so much more polished
quite surprised they went with the beards but it makes a lot of sense with it rising up and conchita winning eurovision

edit; I'm going to treat it like every other tv thread and spoiler anything shown in previews or from official social network

girl now you KNOW this type of spoiler formatting is dumb

if you're gonna use spoilers, at least say what you're gonna spoil! eg, hey did you hear about (episode 2 spoilers)
sasha going home?

Matt_

girl now you KNOW this type of spoiler formatting is dumb

if you're gonna use spoilers, at least say what you're gonna spoil! eg, hey did you hear about (episode 2 spoilers)
sasha going home?

but i was quoting a post that was talking about the next episode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom