• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 7 |OT| Did you not or did you not come for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
oh @ one of my friends going to see alyssa edwards and me not even knowing

zeopower6

(except Xtina)

JqCqjOx.gif

Ugh, Max is just above and beyond all of the others queens.
I am gonna be heartbroken when she does not get into the top 3. (According to the rumors).

Also, Gingers attitude is so nasty. I really dislike her character.

Yado

Given Untucked last week, it's completely deserved.

Also, wtf at the goddamn spoilers in the thread again.

She just seemed really bitter and to the viewers it comes across as unwarranted. You'd think they'd be too happy to be there to act like that.

zeopower6

I am gonna be heartbroken when she does not get into the top 3. (According to the rumors).

Max is just so far ABOVE. <3

KiN0

I'm still not getting anything from max. Despite winning the challenge and serving a great look, she faded into the background again.

kirblar

lololol @ the behind the scenes stuff (via Reddit) http://www.reddit.com/r/rupaulsdragrace/comments/2zbabk/oooooh_gurl_ginger_spilled_some_good_t_about/

So I just got home from Hamburger Mary's, where obvs Ginger is hosting a RDPR Viewing Party, and she gave the audience some insight on Episode Tres....

1) Ru read Team Kennedy to filth during the Rehearsal. Ginger wasn't there but she said the queens said that Ru told producers to shut the cameras off and proceeded to call all of them out on their bullshit for about 20 minutes!!! Ru was already furious at them going in, if that wasn't already clearly evident.

2) Two of Jasmine's three suitcases were full of food. I'm not making this up. Ginger said he had bread, iced cold cuts and the biggest bottle of hot sauce she's ever seen in her life! All the queens were upset when Jasmine left because that was the only good food they had during their entire stay. All they ate was cous cous and raw chicken.

So that's where the bread came from.

Rayis

If people are still not convinced that Max is a talented and polished queen after this episode nothing will convince them, she's such a class act, and my favorite queen after today.

Also the younger queens>>>>>>>>>>>older queens this season.

Well deserved elimination as well, I was happy

mantidor

She just seemed really bitter and to the viewers it comes across as unwarranted. You'd think they'd be too happy to be there to act like that.

It's so weird given her initial impression, where she was actually really happy.

I think is the only queen to be glowing in happiness in her first entrance, no catty lines, no gimmicks, just a nice "we made it bitches!", I don't know what happened.

Ok I do, she was not into this challenge, but if she were paying attention to recent events, (i.e. Conchita Wurst, the only reason this episode exists at all :p) she would have understood and took advantage of it. There is no "right" way to do drag, which is repeated over and over in the show, we are now in season 7, these girls should be very aware of that fact by now.

I honestly wish both of tonight bottom queens were eliminated (Don't get me wrong though, I'm VERY happy to see
Jasmine go.
She wasn't bringing anything interesting to the show from any sort of perspective and she lost any charm she had right after the first episode.)
The comments they made about the younger queens and the comment one of them specifically made about Violet irked me.
I mean tacky??? Are you kidding me??
Violet makes
Jasmine and Kennedy
look like 5 year old boys who just discovered the inside of mommy's closet for the first time, she is legitimately skilled and talented for such a young queen.
Ugh...bye won't miss you.
Anyways on the subject of the acting challenge, I'm starting to think they tell the queens to act like idiots because some of them can't be that unaware of themselves. lol
I mean it makes for engaging TV of course, but come on...it's the same routine all the time.
As for the Runway.
Goddess damn Max (her facial hair was so fun to look at, it was so twirly!) and Violet (her bearded pretty pink prom queen look was fantastic) looked absolutely stunning in their bearded ensembles; they'd make Mathu one proud beautiful bearded lady
boy

Also for anyone curious about how bitchy Violet might get later in the season. Trixie apparently says Violet's a fun cool "I'd like to hang out with her" bitch, not a mean bully. She might have been misquoted earlier, just as I thought she was.
:p

zeopower6

HOLY CRAP @ how salty Jasmine is in the intro of the episode. (And Kennedy for the whole thing)

It's like this weird faux jealousy thing with "Heathers" of the season that aren't even trying to be Heathers.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Jasmine deserved to go. They made it super obvious with that bit right at the start when she was just dragging the young ones.
Definitely deserve to be in the bottom two with Kennedy as it was down to them wanting weird roles and not putting in the rehearsal time that everyone else tanked.
Max and pearl gave me everything on that runway. Deserved winner of the challenge

tumblr_n28lglcE781qlvwnco1_500.gif

I am not here for hidden end of season rumours just tucked away like that

Monocle

That runway left me full of life. I get such a thrill out of seeing these queens work their styles. I know nothing about fashion, but I can tell you the ear to ear grin that came over me when Ru stepped out in all her glory didn't leave my face until Kennedy revealed her horrific pube beard. A couple of duds aside, I felt tonight's episode featured one of the most inspired runways of Drag Race history. If nothing else, it's one of my new personal favorites. These ladies continue to bring their A game.

I do have to hand it to Jasmine for that gown. Bitch made her timely exit in style.

P.S. Boy Pearl is still hella bangable. Would hit it, hard. Stud needs to stay safe so his face can beautify my screen every week.

P.P.S. Ru's cursing is sweet music.

tumblr_n28lglcE781qlvwnco1_500.gif

I am not here for hidden end of season rumours just tucked away like that
Yep, not cool. That kind of rumor/spoiler needs to be prefaced with a clear warning.

Vitanimus

max's win felt really underwhelming... like, she deserved to win but I feel like one of the few who doesn't really gag over max. her personality really needs to start coming out because she's fading into the background except for the 30 seconds when she turns it out on the runway.

pearl is iconic

tumblr_inline_nlc9e70mjt1qais6x.gif

Raxus

HOLY CRAP @ how salty Jasmine is in the intro of the episode. (And Kennedy for the whole thing)

It's like this weird faux jealousy thing with "Heathers" of the season that aren't even trying to be Heathers.

I miss Jasmine who was just excited to BE there.
Glad she was out after this episode. So much salt.

Max and Ginger have been pretty good so far but I still see no clear frontrunner. I love Katya, too bad she has the shittiest luck with teams.

Raxus

Whoever does well in the Snatch Game is probably going to be in the running for top 3.

Unless we get another Shakesqueer and people do so awful that the mediocre win out.

Can we please get a Michelle Visage 'What is happening?' gif.

I'd die from happiness.

Monocle

I miss Jasmine who was just excited to BE there.
Glad she was out after this episode. So much salt.

Max and Ginger have been pretty good so far but I still see no clear frontrunner. I love Katya, too bad she has the shittiest luck with teams.
I'm thinking the top 3 will come down to Katya, Ginger, and maybe Violet or Pearl. If Miss Fame were more well rounded she'd easily take the crown. I think she'll probably crash in one of the challenges where she can't rely on her aesthetics. She's like the stern sister of Courtney Act. Still pulling for her over Violet though.

Max is one of my favorites but I expect her to be steamrolled once the competition heats up. I'm not seeing the necessary fire. Here's hoping I'm dead wrong.

Katya strikes me as a sleeper threat. She was my initial favorite based on Meet the Queens, and so far she's been solid, despite her brush with elimination last week. She radiates pure charisma in her confessionals. I think she has a strong chance to take the crown.

Ginger seems solid and appears set to coast into the top 3, but I hope she doesn't win. Big girls bore me, with the sole exception of the phenomenal Latrice Royale.

My ideal top 5:

1. Katya
2. Max
3. Miss Fame
4. Pearl
5. Violet

max's win felt really underwhelming... like, she deserved to win but I feel like one of the few who doesn't really gag over max. her personality really needs to start coming out because she's fading into the background except for the 30 seconds when she turns it out on the runway.

mmm, I'm not feeling it either. She doesn't really have a personality as it stands, more just a collection of quirks and amazing style. It's v 2D. She's not getting many confessionals either, which really doesn't help her case, as I think they're where personality shines and where people begin to start rooting for/against certain queens. It's what makes me think that she's probably going to end up MOR/Top 4 at best because whatever edit she's getting, it's not a finalist's. Then again, it all could change as the horde thins a bit more.

Jasmine was rancid, good riddance. Such a rapid degeneracy from seeming nice and a bit dim in ep1 to being one of the "that doesn't fit my definition of drag" queens (and they never end up looking good so why would you say it?). A nasty piece of work.

(Also the fact that she just sashayed off without even thanking Ru speaks volumes)

#TeamPearlVioletKatyaForTopThree

I honestly wish both of tonight bottom queens were eliminated
I was hoping for this too. Based on the lipsync and runway only, I kinda thought Kennedy should go - I know we only see it edited down, but I thought Jasmine did a better job and the dress was great too, but she stank in the challenge obviously, so yeah I was hoping for #doubleelimination.

I wished they'd had a better song to lipsync to also, two fierce black girls squiggling around to a recent Kylie song? Nah, that's not entertainment.

Kandy Ho, was she intentionally channelling April Carrion's butch real estate broker look from the season 6 acting challenge? I thought she looked just like her.

kirblar

Per untucked Trixie/Max went to college together. Weird that it hasn't come up yet, but again that would mean they'd have to feature Max.

Matt_

Kennedy is a damn mess on Untucked.

stuttering and bluttering all over the place
the girl fucked up and should have just taken responsibility for it, not blamed violet for only speaking up once
and she can pretend that she knew her lines and her cues but we all know the truth

Last night's episode was so good. Pearl was giving me life with her awkwardness. I'm really not liking Kennedy at all. Why are all the older queens coming for the younger ones this season?

cory64

I love this season. Usually they give someone an obvious storyline edit by now, but the only consistent one so far is Violet's arrogance.

Rayis

I'm glad I'm not the only who thinks the high-pitched voice guy who tells tells them to get ready to go back on stage is cute, he's totes adorable, also, bitches coming for Miss Fame, I don't get it, if she's talkative on the show they're not really showing it.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I take every bad thing I said about MAX. Great performance, amazing runway look, and lifted Jayden up when she broke down like a true sis. Respeck.

To sum up favs from the episode:

Acting challenge: MAX and Ginj
hb8wDWL.png

Runway looks: MAAAX, Trixie, and Katyaaaa
8vm2Fk8.png

The girls stepped it up a bit in untucked as well. The senile old queens didn't disappoint with Kennedy leading the pack with the... with the... with the lines. And the skirt. Ginj had my favorite line with "Violet, do you need a spoon."

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Jep.

Kennedy and Jasmine continued to give older queens a bad name— shittalking the "twiggy young girls" in one breath then turning around and showing no commitment to neither the acting challenge nor the bearded theme.

For shame.

omg
angry.gif

This thread is atrocious at spoiler-tagging etiquette.

Can we finally come to some sort of an agreement? I think it's time, sestras, because this shit is getting out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom