• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunarorbit

Russias big time fucked. When those leopards and Bradley's start coming onto the field Russia won't have an mechs to combat them. Love to see it.

I wonder how dug out bakhmat is? Zelensky called it a living fortress. Reminds me of the underground networks the taliban and viet cong were able to make in their wars.

Pro-Russian saboteurs planned to enter Moldova under the guise of fans.Moldovan President Maia Sandu said yesterday that Russia was planning to carry out a coup d’état through opposition-organized protests by infiltrating military personnel from countries such as Belarus, Serbia and Montenegro.​

insightnews.media/pro-ru...

They knew they are coming, it is time to stop in all those countries and ban anyone from Ruzzia to enter.

Last edited:

Young man on mandatory service kills himself in Russia’s Komi: ‘I decided to die in my own land without foreign blood on my hands’​

renderTimingPixel.png

novayagazeta.eu/articl...

Sad to see that a young man had more balls than the whole Ruzzian army.

Brazen

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia...advance-u-k-says-91086284?mod=world_lead_pos3

free version: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...sedgntp&cvid=64d071d2e36340679da840df3063c205

According to the UK's MoD, the Russians has approximately 97% of its military force in Ukraine. If that really is the case the war will end by this year. Now to clarify, I'm not saying the Russians won't continue the war after this year. However, by 2024 and for a decade after at the very least they'll no longer be a threat to any country as the country absorbing force we see them as of now.

Spring/Early-Summer is going to be horrifically interesting moment in this war, it will be an absolute bloodbath when Ukraine starts counter offensives with western armor. Still predicting above a 10/1 kill/loss ratio by the end of this year if not by the end of the summer.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

Again, those dangerous windows....

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

I know we are apathetic to high level Russian scum dying but at what point is suiciding these people going to backfire?

Putin only goes at this point from someone assassining him or his cancer getting him. There's so much internal strife in the military (what is there, 3 separate military entities) that someone has to eventually get paranoid enough to attempt to kill him.

Gp1

I know we are apathetic to high level Russian scum dying but at what point is suiciding these people going to backfire?

Putin only goes at this point from someone assassining him or his cancer getting him. There's so much internal strife in the military (what is there, 3 separate military entities) that someone has to eventually get paranoid enough to attempt to kill him.
3? Just their armed forces has 4 branches (army, aviation, rocket and airborne with all their subdivisions)
Them you have
-Wagner
-Kadirovites
-Rosgvardia, etc

That's only something akin to military organizations.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!

Again, those dangerous windows....

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

I get the feeling that Putin having his political opponents and allies that fail him tossed out of a window, while knowing full well that the entire world realizes it was an assassination, is his maniac form of a joke.

Being 'the head of a financial department' in a region seems small fry for Putin to have someone killed over. More likely this is someone in that same department/grift network getting rid of a competitor or possible rat.
As the pressure on the whole Russian system rises cracks will form on all levels, not just down from the top.

sinnergy

Being 'the head of a financial department' in a region seems small fry for Putin to have someone killed over. More likely this is someone in that same department/grift network getting rid of a competitor or possible rat.
As the pressure on the whole Russian system rises cracks will form on all levels, not just down from the top.
I don’t think this will matter in a dictatorship. As no one will rise up and replace Putin. The real problem is how long can they go on with enough canon fodder people and dumb ammunition. As this will even overwhelm UA in this kind of war.

Last edited:

Kerotan

10k Russian troops amassed near Sumy. Field hospitals being built. Surely there not this stupid.

I feel like over the next month this war will peak.

Lunarorbit

3? Just their armed forces has 4 branches (army, aviation, rocket and airborne with all their subdivisions)
Them you have
-Wagner
-Kadirovites
-Rosgvardia, etc

That's only something akin to military organizations.
I meant there's Wagner, the main Russian military,and doesnt one of the generals have a large private army too?

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
are the grounds still frozen? when do they thaw? wasnt the early spring mud what fucked them up good the first time around? odd time for an offensive if its similar timing

That we (and all his subordinates) all know it was an assassination is the point
yup - its his last gasp of power/control he can try to intimate and show the world.....guys grasping at straws

Last edited:

How dumb are these countries. It would take 10 years to get an assembly line built and the war would be over

Belarus ready to start production of Sukhoi Su-25 ground attack aircraft, Lukashenko says​

From CNN's Radina Gigova

Belarus is ready to launch the production of Sukhoi Su-25 ground attack aircraft, which "have proved to be efficient in Ukraine," Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko told Russian President Vladimir Putin during a meeting Friday, according to Belarus state news agency BelTA.
“As I was informed by the government, they are ready for the production of the Sukhoi Su-25 attack aircraft that have proved to be efficient in Ukraine. We are even ready to produce them in Belarus if the Russian Federation provides a little bit of technological support,” Lukashenko told Putin, according to BelTA.

Darius87

10k Russian troops amassed near Sumy. Field hospitals being built. Surely there not this stupid.

I feel like over the next month this war will peak.
they are, also they cover road with gravel to get faster to the border with heavy equipment meaning they definitely will attack in sumy region i think it will start on 24 this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom