• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

images

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Christ i really fucking hate India, let them all get into bed with one another and then watch as they eat each other...

also i really wished the UK would take all that "Foreign Aid" we give those fucks and direct it to Ukraine
UK gives $100 million in foreign aid which is peanuts. India has a nuclear armed Pakistan and China as neighbours. Do you think they want to antagonise Russia as well? Tell NATO to send troops to Ukraine before you expect other countries to take you seriously. In a possible India - China war the west will only provide moral support and old weapons. Fuck that.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
UK gives $100 million in foreign aid which is peanuts. India has a nuclear armed Pakistan and China as neighbours. Do you think they want to antagonise Russia as well? Tell NATO to send troops to Ukraine before you expect other countries to take you seriously. In a possible India - China war the west will only provide moral support and old weapons. Fuck that.
Why are we giving a country with a space program foreign aid? The cunts can look after themselves, India and China are never going to war ffs, it's geographically impossible to wage a full scale war and if they could've they would've centuries ago, the Himalaya's have kept those two nations from anything but border skirmishes and Pakistan has no desire to war with anyone and prefer to proxy like Iran, I view India hugging Putin and praising Russia as no different than someone hugging Hitler and praising the Nazi's, they can go and fuck off into the sea as far as I'm concerned, geopolitics be damned

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Why are we giving a country with a space program foreign aid? The cunts can look after themselves, India and China are never going to war ffs, it's geographically impossible to wage a full scale war and if they could've they would've centuries ago, the Himalaya's have kept those two nations from anything but border skirmishes and Pakistan has no desire to war with anyone and prefer to proxy like Iran, I view India hugging Putin and praising Russia as no different than someone hugging Hitler and praising the Nazi's, they can go and fuck off into the sea as far as I'm concerned, geopolitics be damned
My man, China has already waged a full-scale war with India in 1962 and took a lot of land like Aksai Chin. They are eyeing Arunachal Pradesh now and have huge military deployment in Ladakh at the Indo-China border. Xi Jinping is itching for a war as his economy is in shambles.

Between October 20 and November 21, 1962, China launched a full-scale war against India along the long borders between Asia’s two largest countries. Outnumbering the unprepared and poorly equipped Indians by four to one, more than 80,000 Chinese PLA troops fought the Indians in two main theaters more than 600 miles apart: Akai Chin and the North-East Frontier Agency (or NEFA, part of today’s Arunachal Pradesh, roughly what the PRC calls South Tibet). The war ended with China’s victory, with the PRC consolidating its control in Akai Chin. Yet the pre-war Indian-Chinese border demarcation in the NEFA remained largely unchanged.

Liljagare

YAImcQ4.jpeg

Ukrainian air defences shot down five cruise missiles and 11 drones targeted at cities across Ukraine overnight to Friday, the commander of the country’s air forces said. The missiles were fired from the Saratov region of southern Russia and downed over the Ukrainian regions of Khmelnytskyi, Sumy and Cherkasy, Lt Gen Mykola Oleschuk said on Telegram. He added that 19 drones in total were fired and 11 were shot down over Mykolaiv, Kyiv, Vinnytsia, Khmelnytskyi, Kherson and Sumy. He said the remaining eight drones were lost but were probably only dummy drones intended to overload the air defences.
Russia’s decision to open a new front in the Kharkiv region has led to its average daily casualties reaching its highest level since the start of the conflict, the UK Ministry of Defence said. Its latest intelligence update, posted to X, said the figure reached 1,262 in May and 1,162 in June, and that total casualties over the two months were about 70,000. Casualties would remain similarly high over the next two months as Russia tried to “overmatch Ukrainian positions with mass”, it said.
Volodymyr Zelenskiy is expected to travel to the UK next week to address European leaders who are meeting to discuss Ukraine, European security and democracy. The Ukrainian president will also make his first visit to Ireland on Saturday morning when he touches down there for a meeting with the Irish taoiseach, Simon Harris. Ireland is expected to offer more support to Ukraine’s efforts to return an estimated 20,000 children who have been forcibly relocated to Russia and Belarus.

Last edited:

Liljagare

Turns out it isn't is so easy to be a war criminal anymore. Each person identified, they bombed a childrens hospital:

Last edited:

Dr.D00p

Why isn't there anyone in Russia that can do what they tried with Trump today to Putin ffs...

Wait, You think any replacement will be better than Putin?

They're all in it up to their necks.

Anyone who got rid of Putin, only to capitulate to the West and withdraw from Ukraine, wouldn't last 5 minutes before being killed/toppled themselves.

Conflict with the West is the lifeblood of the Russian political system.

Wait, You think any replacement will be better than Putin?

They're all in it up to their necks.

Anyone who got rid of Putin, only to capitulate to the West and withdraw from Ukraine, wouldn't last 5 minutes before being killed/toppled themselves.

Conflict with the West is the lifeblood of the Russian political system.
I think the best scenario would be Putin's minions killing each other to get a piece of the cake, the orcs being forced to come back to the motherland to prevent even more of the ensuing chaos, and hoping none of them has the balls to use the nuclear arsenal (if it still works).

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Honestly bar a few nutjobs close to Putin I'd dare say the majority would quietly prefer not to be embroiled in this European Vietnam expedition

Liljagare

The Russians are attempting to defend their oil facilities from Ukrainian UAV attacks using security guards carrying anti-drone EW guns.

A Russian general has reportedly forbidden troops in the Kherson region from recovering the bodies of the dead. With temperatures approaching 40°C, this is likely to worsen the already extreme conditions currently being endured by the Russians.

This week was filled with events and negotiations. Following my visit to the United States, we have secured new Patriot systems and dozens of other air defense systems. We are working tirelessly to increase the strength and number of Ukrainian Patriots. I’m grateful to all partners who support us.
We have three new security agreements for Ukraine with Poland, Luxembourg, and Romania. Our team is now working on new documents – agreements with the Czech Republic, Slovenia, and, following a meeting with the Prime Minister of Ireland, we have decided to prepare an agreement with Ireland as well.
The Ukrainian Compact, approved at the NATO Summit in Washington, focuses on weapons for our soldiers, the work of defense companies in and with Ukraine, and support for our recovery – all concrete and genuinely supportive of our defense.
And today’s event in America. The terrible attack on Donald Trump is a horrific crime that must be condemned. It shows the serious global challenges facing democracy. Violence in any form, anywhere, must never prevail. I am confident America will overcome this challenge. Wishing Mr. Trump a speedy recovery and strength to all those affected.
May every evil intent fail. And may all those who can restore security truly do so.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

I feel desperately sorry for this man. He’s being utterly failed by the western democracies - especially the sclerotic, navel gazing and corrupt US government system that is offering him either senility or narcissism for an ‘ally’. Neither of which will deliver his country from barbarism. It feels like Ukraine is being sacrificed on an altar of combined stupidity, ignorance and shortsighted self interest, from multiple avenues.

Last edited:

Liljagare

RVZjdCK.jpeg

Ukraine’s army general staff reported intense Russian attacks in the Pokrovsk area of the Donetsk region on Sunday, creating the “hottest situation” along the frontline as the invaders pushed for gains. In an update, the general staff said: “The enemy has already attacked our positions 35 times today in the areas of Novooleksandrivka, Vozdvizhenka, Progress, Lozuvatskyi, Novoselivka Pershoya and Yasnobrodivka … The situation remains tense near Novooleksandrivka, Novoselivka Persha and Progress, where six clashes are still ongoing. Our defenders restrain the enemy.”
In the Kharkiv area, Russian forces attacked positions in the Hlyboky and Vovchansk districts three times, the update said. “On the Kupyansk direction, the enemy was also repulsed three times near Pishchany and Stelmakhivka. Suffered losses and withdrew.” In the Lyman area, there were eight Russian assaults in the area of Makiivka and Grekivka. Other attempted advances took place around Seversky, Kramatorsk, and in the Toretsk area it was “tense” with locations near North and New York under attack.
The Institute for the Study of War thinktank said Ukrainian forces had recently regained lost positions near Vovchansk, north-east of Kharkiv city, while Russian forces advanced near Avdiivka, to the north of Donetsk city.
The general staff of Ukraine’s armed forces said Russia had launched 18 attacks on Urozhaine and other nearby localities. It made no mention of the village in a later report. DeepState, a popular Ukrainian military blog, reported Urozhaine’s capture on Sunday, saying Russian forces had launched “mass assaults on the south of the village”. It described the loss as a “defence collapse” the cause of which would have to be investigated.
Returning to Ukraine from the Nato summit in Washington, Zelenskiy touched down in Ireland to meet with the taoiseach, Simon Harris. Zelenskiy’s office said on social media that they had discussed support for Ukraine, cooperation in demining, and cybersecurity. “Thank you Ireland for supporting the peace summit in Switzerland! I thank the prime minister for his great personal attention and involvement in efforts to return children home.”
Russia last week used more than 700 glide bombs, more than 170 attack drones and almost 80 missiles against Ukraine, Zelenskiy said. “The scale of decisions to protect life should correspond to the scale of this evil. Each partner can influence the situation, can strengthen the defence against terror. And Ukraine is grateful to all our friends who do just that. Together we will overcome evil.”

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
I feel desperately sorry for this man. He’s being utterly failed by the western democracies - especially the sclerotic, navel gazing and corrupt US government system that is offering him either senility or narcissism for an ‘ally’. Neither of which will deliver his country from barbarism. It feels like Ukraine is being sacrificed on an altar of combined stupidity, ignorance and shortsighted self interest, from multiple avenues.

Not just the leadership of the western democracies. Even regular citizenry and the social media overlords. Ukraine is being undermined by an absolute deluge of Kremlin bots and paid propaganda grifters like Jackson Hinkle, encouraged by the likes of Musk and his buddies. And of course the likes of Carlson.

Support for Ukraine used to be quite popular in the U.S. back in 2022. Then Russia changed tack in 2023 after setbacks and started flooding everywhere with propaganda, which western journalists and business moguls happily fed to the populace.

Of course this is not to spare the spineless leaders. Folks like Scholz who keep refusing to hand over Taurus missiles despite Russia crossing multiple morality lines, and of course the U.S. leadership with their extreme timidity and claims of not ‘escalating’ a war where Russia is happily deploying missiles from Iran and North Korea.

How is Russia allowed to fire North Korean and Iranian missiles and drones into any target in Ukraine, but Ukraine using acquired weapons to strike back similarly is apparently a step too far.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Unfortunately it's a by-product of democracies, decisions by committee will always take a fucking age especially when the US Government is flooded with such absolute fucking embeciles and paid stooges, how in the fuck the collective West didnt simply open the floodgates when those cunt Nazi Russians started using Iranian drones is beyond me!? We don't want to escalate!? Escalate what!? NATO would roll them if he used a nuke or attacked a NATO country so what exactly is he going to escalate too? Hit more children's hospitals?

At least the UKs new government reaffirmed it's commitment to letting Ukraine use our weapons however they see fit, the fucking Germans and Yanks should be hanging their head in shame considering all that they've done so far, they just don't have the balls to go that little bit further

I don't get what the plan is... Have him fight a perpetual war only to not supply him with everything he needs to win it?
I wouldn't be surprised if next year the Ukrainians sue for peace.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I don't get what the plan is... Have him fight a perpetual war only to not supply him with everything he needs to win it?
I wouldn't be surprised if next year the Ukrainians sue for peace.

There isn't a plan, unless you count 'wring hands worrying about what Putin might do in response, and try to ignore what Trump will do when he's in power' as a fucking plan.

Wildebeest

I'm not even American, so I'm tempted to just do a total news blackout for the new few months. I only really care if the situation in Ukraine changes or if the aliens land in times square.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Vance is not a stupid man, but his views are idiotic, because they are fuelled by the echo chamber he almost exclusively resides in. A cursory glance at the make-up of the United Kingdom would show the mindless prick that only 6% of people in this country are Muslim. He's equally wrong on Ukraine. Frustrating to see someone who obviously has a brain utterly fail to use it.

America is going to send itself down the shitter because so many of them can't listen to anything outside their own safe little bubbles of insecurity, ignorance and entitlement. This is not a phenomenon exclusive to the Republican Party.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth

Vance is not a stupid man, but his views are idiotic, because they are fuelled by the echo chamber he almost exclusively resides in. A cursory glance at the make-up of the United Kingdom would show the mindless prick that only 6% of people in this country are Muslim. He's equally wrong on Ukraine. Frustrating to see someone who obviously has a brain utterly fail to use it.

America is going to send itself down the shitter because so many of them can't listen to anything outside their own safe little bubbles of insecurity, ignorance and entitlement. This is not a phenomenon exclusive to the Republican Party.

Is this pure idiocy on his part or is he simply pandering to his base of moronic fuckwits or is it's a little bit of column A and a little bit from column B, i normally could care less who's running America into the ground but this election not only affects Americans it will have a profound effect on geopolitics the likes of which we haven't seen in a long while, the cunts are sleepwalking into a fucking nitemare

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Thank god for all these strong men.

Yep. That's exactly what Putin wants, and exactly what he's going to get. He'll get to keep what he's already taken, will reinforce the front line, and will then launch a further invasion of the rest of Ukraine, which he will win. Given a relatively small amount of time after that he'll encroach into a NATO country, and will also be successful there because Trump will refuse to counterattack, continuing to cite that it's not America's problem. The axis of Russia, China, North Korea and Iran will grow stronger, weakening western soft power, and millions of MAGA Americans will suddenly be complaining about how expensive things have got.

hlm666

Yep. That's exactly what Putin wants, and exactly what he's going to get. He'll get to keep what he's already taken, will reinforce the front line, and will then launch a further invasion of the rest of Ukraine, which he will win. Given a relatively small amount of time after that he'll encroach into a NATO country, and will also be successful there because Trump will refuse to counterattack, continuing to cite that it's not America's problem. The axis of Russia, China, North Korea and Iran will grow stronger, weakening western soft power, and millions of MAGA Americans will suddenly be complaining about how expensive things have got.
The deal will be he wont invade to take the rest until trumps term is over, and he will need those 4 years to rebuild his army anyway. It's going to be more interesting to see if china takes a run at tawain while trumps in power, fuck wits like bj vance will probably proclaim china are liberating the Uyghur slave labor in tawain and then wonder why his tech stock prices went to shit.

Tams

He is stupid, as even if the UK were a Muslim state (it's not, even with the issues around Muslim communities in the UK), Pakistan, which is a nuclear state... is an Islamic state.

But I'm not in the slightest but surprised that he thinks that. Bet he couldn't find the UK or Pakistan on a world map.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
He is stupid, as even if the UK were a Muslim state (it's not, even with the issues around Muslim communities in the UK), Pakistan, which is a nuclear state... is an Islamic state.

But I'm not in the slightest but surprised that he thinks that. Bet he couldn't find the UK or Pakistan on a world map.

The idea that a country with a total population of 6% Muslim, and only 2% of MPs in Parliament would be under any kind of Islamic law or control is just so mind bogglingly stupid I can't even begin to comprehend how anyone with a brain can think it. There are vast areas of this country where it's white fuckers as far as the eye can see :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom