• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryzen 9000 series official prices

winjer

Gold Member

No more speculation, official prices have been announced.
The official pricing is as follows:
  • Ryzen 9 9950X: $649
  • Ryzen 9 9900X: $499
  • Ryzen 7 9700X: $359
  • Ryzen 5 9600X: $279
To summarize, the upcoming availability dates are:
  • Ryzen 7 9700X and Ryzen 5 9600X: August 8
  • Ryzen 9 9950X and Ryzen 9 9900X: August 15

940rsE0.jpeg

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
The downside of those rumors........now im not impressed by these prices even if I really should be, because its still a decent price cut.

Rumored Prices:

• Ryzen 9 9950X - $499 US (7950X $699 US MSRP)
  • Ryzen 9 9900X - $399 US (7900X $549 US MSRP)
  • Ryzen 7 9700X - $299 US (7700X $399 US MSRP)
  • Ryzen 5 9600X - $229 US (7600X $299 US MSRP)

Anyway
[On Topic]
These are still actually amazing prices.
Your move Intel, the u5-245K cant realistically be priced at ~350 dollars

giphy.gif

GreatnessRD

Prices are solid. Only real sore spot is the 9600x. Shouldn't have been no more than $249. Will be very interesting to see Intel's pricing and performance for the new core ultra series. I'm thinking (and praying) Arrow Lake won't be a disaster. Can't wait to see the benches for 9600x and 9700x later today when its released.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Waiting for 3D variant, for my workflow it helped substantially, but still solid prices

GHG

Gold Member
These prices look good to me.

I'm curious to see how these stack up against the 7xxx series x3d chips.

StereoVsn

Yeah, for gaming it’s worth waiting to see x3D chip pricing. I am wondering on the price differential with regular chips.

$450 for 9800x3d?

winjer

Gold Member
Yeah, for gaming it’s worth waiting to see x3D chip pricing. I am wondering on the price differential with regular chips.

$450 for 9800x3d?
$449 was the release price for both the 5800X3D and the 7800X3D. So there is a good chance it will be the same for the 9800X3D.

On the other hand, the 7700X released at $399. While the 9700X is releasing at $359.
If we are very lucky, maybe AMD will also cut the price of the 9800X3D by $41.

StereoVsn

$449 was the release price for both the 5800X3D and the 7800X3D. So there is a good chance it will be the same for the 9800X3D.

On the other hand, the 7700X released at $399. While the 9700X is releasing at $359.
If we are very lucky, maybe AMD will also cut the price of the 9800X3D by $41.
Yeah, we will see in a few months. Personally not going to go for it as I have a 7800x3d, at least for now.

Black_Stride

If the leaks are real, I think that's expensive. Very minor upgrades from the 7X.

The 9700X is close to the 7800X3D in gaming........which cost 449.....even now with sales and all its going for about 380.
The 9700X cost 359 MSRP and will almost certainly be better at productivity, whiles still giving you X3D like performance (assuming the leaks are right).

That doesnt seem like a bad deal......if you are purely gaming sure just wait for the X3D, which will almost certainly cost you ~400+.......but if you want to min/max productivity and gaming the 9700X looks like a pretty damn good deal.

<-----Sitting on an i5-12400 no real horse yet till I see the price/performance of the u5s from Intel.

PeteBull

Gold Member
The 9700X is close to the 7800X3D in gaming........which cost 449.....even now with sales and all its going for about 380.
The 9700X cost 359 MSRP and will almost certainly be better at productivity, whiles still giving you X3D like performance (assuming the leaks are right).

That doesnt seem like a bad deal......if you are purely gaming sure just wait for the X3D, which will almost certainly cost you ~400+.......but if you want to min/max productivity and gaming the 9700X looks like a pretty damn good deal.

<-----Sitting on an i5-12400 no real horse yet till I see the price/performance of the u5s from Intel.
Actually, 9700x is very close(below 5%) and sometimes slower from 7700x, which is terrible value proposition, all reviewers are recommending to either go with much cheaper 7700/x or similary priced but 15%+ faster on avg 7800x3d, hell i even saw online store pc hardware yt channel reviews recommend that and its in their own interest to sell those new overpriced zen product, yet they cant recommend them :D

Black_Stride

Actually, 9700x is very close(below 5%) and sometimes slower from 7700x, which is terrible value proposition, all reviewers are recommending to either go with much cheaper 7700/x or similary priced but 15%+ faster on avg 7800x3d, hell i even saw online store pc hardware yt channel reviews recommend that and its in their own interest to sell those new overpriced zen product, yet they cant recommend them :D

Wait what?
Are the reviews already out.
The 9700X is only matching the 7700X.........I thought it was in contention with the 7800X3D in gaming and easily beyond in productivity?

Any links for me?

Black_Stride

They should have put 3D cache as standard on all models.

Costs and the hit to productivity means they have to have both SKUs.
The 7900 is a better productivity CPU than the 7800X3D yet the 7800X3D cost more.

So depending on what your main workload is, you can choose an SKU that makes sense for you........not everyone has unlimited budget.
So I dont see the non-X3D SKUs going away as long as they make more sense for certain workloads.

If they get rid of the non-X3Ds and force everyone to use V-cache then they will need to price balance us.

Look how the 7900 is much faster than the 7800X3D in Blender......which CPU should I chose if Blender is my main workload considering they cost similar amounts and the gaming performance is generally beyond my framerate for both?

blender.png

I mean, holy shit.

2% uplift in some tests, 5% in others, 2% slower in others... I expected much more tbh. wow

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm waiting for the better parts anyways. Love review time. The last 2 generation AMD parts are an even better proposition now.

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Hopefully these results means AMD anticipated the lukewarm reviews, which means lukewarm sales, and is indeed planning on releasing their X3D chips earlier than usual.

winjer

Gold Member
Of course you did, because you fell for the hype, unlike me. I tried warning you people...

No you didn't. All your arguments were about how Intel is the only company that doesn't cherry pick results.
You have an instant an laten bias against AMD, so automatically, everything AMD does or says it bad, in your opinion.
That is why you have such a cute tag and why everyone laughs at you in this forum.

Leonidas

AMD's Dogma: ARyzen (No Intel inside)
No you didn't. All your arguments were about how Intel is the only company that doesn't cherry pick results.
2022 performance from Zen5 was one of my main arguments. And it was correct.

You have an instant an laten bias against AMD, so automatically, everything AMD does or says it bad, in your opinion.
AMD cherry picks leads you to believe something is 20-40% faster than it actually is.
Intel cherry picks maybe lead you to believe something is 2-4% faster, big difference. Intel is much more realistic in first party benchmarks as far as I can tell.

That is why you have such a cute tag and why everyone laughs at you in this forum.
It is cute, and it makes me laugh.

If some people laugh at me, that is fine, I really don't care, but it mostly seems to be butthurt fanboys who laugh at me in a negative way, and they probably hate that I was correct about Zen5 being 2022 gaming performance in 2024.

I'd rather me tell the truth about things and be laughed at, than posting outright lies on this forum like you.

You're an even bigger joke when you said 7900 XTX and RTX 4090 performance is the same between Intel/AMD.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
2022 performance from Zen5 was one of my main arguments. And it was correct.

Your argument was based on nothing. You had no data, no leaks to substantiate your claims.

AMD cherry picks leads you to believe something is 20-40% faster than it actually is.
Intel/Nvidia cherry picks maybe lead you to believe something is 2-4% faster, big difference. Intel is much more realistic in first party benchmarks as far as I can tell.

AMD and Intel both cherry pick, and it's not by the margins you claim. Not even close.
You have a strong pension for lying and distorting data. Something you have done many times.

It is cute, and it makes me laugh.

If some people laugh at me, that is fine, I really don't care, but it mostly seems to be butthurt fanboys who laugh at me in a negative way.

I'd rather me tell the truth about things and be laughed at, than posting outright lies on this forum like you.

You're an even bigger joke when you said 7900 XTX and RTX 4090 performance is the same between Intel/AMD.

You still have not provided any evidence that the 7900XTX performance is better on AMD CPUs than on Intel.

Leonidas

You still have not provided any evidence that the 7900XTX performance is better on AMD CPUs than on Intel.
And you're proving your ignorance even further making this comment.

Your CPU IQ is below average.

Leonidas

Your argument was based on nothing. You had no data, no leaks to substantiate your claims.
Actually it was based on actual evidence, that is why I was correct in saying it was 2022 gaming performance in 2024.

AMD and Intel both cherry pick, and it's not by the margins you claim. Not even close.
You have a strong pension for lying and distorting data. Something you have done many times.
Explain Zen3 XT 1st party benchmarks showing the same performance as Raptor Lake (+35% from reality)
Explain Zen4 1st party benchmarks showing 13% faster than Raptor Lake (when in reality they were about the same)

Intel numbers are closer to reality. You are 10x worse for lying and distorting data. I was correct in my 2022-gaming performance, because I'm not pulling numbers out my ass, I had data. You had nothing except, useless CPU knowledge to the point you couldn't even figure out what I did, 2 months ago.

winjer

Gold Member
Actually it was based on actual evidence, that is why I was correct in saying it was 2022 gaming performance in 2024.

What evidence? You show nothing but claim so much.

Explain Zen3 XT 1st party benchmarks showing the same performance as Raptor Lake (+35% from reality)

Yes, they did manipulate a lot on those benchmarks. But these are old CPUs, and no one cares.

Explain Zen4 1st party benchmarks showing 13% faster than Raptor Lake (when in reality they were about the same)

You are probably mistaking things. AMD claimed 13% IPC improvement over Zen3.
Zen-4-IPC.jpg

Intel numbers are closer to reality. You are 10x worse for lying and distorting data. I was correct in my 2022-gaming performance, because I'm not pulling numbers out my ass, I had data. You had nothing except, useless CPU knowledge to the point you couldn't even figure out what I did, 2 months ago.

Where are the facts that prove your claim that the 7900XTX runs faster on AMD CPUS?
Stop dodging the question.

Last edited:

Leonidas

What evidence? You show nothing but claim so much.
At this point I'm seeing how long it will take you to figure it out on your own, its so funny seeing you still not know this very basic thing.

You could have known already, since I would have shared the data I found if you took the ban bet, but you had no balls to take me up on that bet...

You are probably mistaking things.
Are you that dense? I was referring to AMDs cherry picked gaming benchmarks, where AMD showed 9600x/9700x/9900x/9950x having ~13% better performance than various Raptor Lake CPUs.

Yes, they did manipulate a lot on those benchmarks. But these are old CPUs, and no one cares.
Oh, so its okay to basically lie if its an old architecture, misleading dummies into thinking Zen3 XT can match Raptor Lake? Those XT CPUs released in 2024. They are not old old CPUs.

Where are the facts that prove your claim that the 7900XTX runs faster on AMD CPUS?
Stop dodging the question.
I'm not dodging. I'm simply not telling you because I have no respect for someone who wildly twists the words/claims of myself.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
At this point I'm seeing how long it will take you to figure it out on your own, its so funny seeing you still not know this very basic thing.

You could have known already, since I would have shared the data I found if you took the ban bet, but you had no balls to take me up on that bet...

Again, show your evidence.

Are you that dense? I was referring to AMDs cherry picked gaming benchmarks, where AMD showed 9600x/9700x/9900x/9950x having ~13% better performance than various Raptor Lake CPUs.

You said "Explain Zen4 1st party benchmarks showing 13% faster than Raptor Lake"
But AMD never made comparisons against Raptor Lake. They did against Alder Lake.
And they never claimed Zen4 was 13% faster. But you can prove me wrong, by showing the slide where AMD says Zen4 is 13% faster than Raptor lake.

I'm not dodging. I'm simply not telling you because I have no respect for someone who wildly twists the words/claims of myself.

If you had any evidence, you would have shown it already. But you have no evidence for anything you claim.
You are constantly making up stuff, and when someone calls you out, you ran away.

Of course you did, because you fell for the hype, unlike me. I tried warning you people...
Not really, if you look at my post history I said many times I expected a rather small upgrade and not what AMD was claming. But I expected an upgrade nonetheless, say, 8-10%, and not even that these parts managed. It's actually slower than Zen4 in some games and some applications which doesn't even make sense. Maybe they should have kept these parts as Non X since they're 65W.

Leonidas

Maybe they should have kept these parts as Non X since they're 65W.
Agreed. I wonder if they will even release non-X CPUs this time, it was nice when AMD used to include a boxed cooler for 65w parts.

Last edited:

Leonidas

You are constantly making up stuff, and when someone calls you out, you ran away.
I never made anything up. 2022 perf in 2024 being the main thing I said, turned out to be correct. That wasn't a fluke guess, it was the likely outcome given the data at hand.

Tell me, what things did I constantly make up and was so wrong about when it came to Zen5?

No one is calling me out but you, and you're calling me out on something that makes you look really ignorant about the relation between CPUs/GPUs.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
I never made anything up, to my knowledge. Just about everything I said about Zen5 was pretty close to what ended up happening. 2022 perf in 2024 being the main thing I said, and was correct about.

Tell me, what was I so wrong about when it came to Zen5?

No one is calling me out but you, and you're calling me out on something that makes you look really ignorant about the relation between CPUs/GPUs.

Just show some evidence for what you are claiming.
And stop lying.

Leonidas

I'm not going to do your job.
Not my job to teach you basic things.

I think you can't prove anything that you claimed, and that is because I think you are lying.
fixed, use proper wording next time.

You make stuff up, and expect that everyone will believe your non-sense.
Again, 2022 performance in 2024 actually happened, it was not some made up thing.

People can take what they will from my posts, and beleive what they want. You can't come up with one thing I lied about with regards to Zen5.

Last edited:

Leonidas

And the other claim I made was Zen5 would lose to Raptor Lake in at least one of AMDs 6 cherry picked benchmarks where AMD claimed all wins. That also happened.

Wasn't a lie from me, it was the stone cold truth.

Leonidas 2
winjer winjer 0

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
And the other claim I made was Zen5 would lose to Raptor Lake in at least one of AMDs 6 cherry picked benchmarks where AMD claimed all wins. That also happened.

Wasn't a lie from me, it was the stone cold truth.

Leonidas 2
winjer winjer 0

You only score on your own goal, because you are constantly posted random non-sense, with no evidence.

Top Bottom