• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

São Paulo council approves Heterosexual Pride Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delio

Souldriver said:
*rushes to thread*

Did someone mention Marlon Teixeira?

gEATd.jpg

If only i could break out the folder.

SmokyDave said:
Ah man. I'm not getting into the politics but I just wanted to say that a Straight Pride march sounds like a real downer. It's not being held for the right reasons so I just can't imagine a jubilant and celebratory atmosphere. More like a bunch of pissed off people walking down a road just because they can.

Maybe I'm just salty because my White Power Picnic didn't go over very well.

Way too fuckin' catchy you should TM that right now.

AbsoluteZero said:
More talk of how hilarious Heterosexual Pride Day is, less half-naked men, please.
There's nothing hilarious about it. It's about time this oppressed demographic gets a chance to express itself without prosecution. Being straight is tough, you know.

red13th

Damn, gayGAF meeting in a thread about my city and I can't participate because I'm in class.
Don't let this thread die until I get home!

cooljeanius said:
That's the same argument my parents used in response to me when I was a kid and argued that if there was a Mothers' Day and a Fathers' Day, then there should be a Children's Day, too.

But there is. At least in my country it's celebrated this Sunday actually.

Zeliard

Frankfurt said:
I never bought the "I'm a minority, so I deserve a day/celebration/event and you don't" argument, so I think it's fine.

I am a minority, BTW.
Let me guess; you also think there should be a White History Month.

red_13th said:
Damn, gayGAF meeting in a thread about my city and I can't participate because I'm in class.
Don't let this thread die until I get home!

We've missed you red_13th here and in the gGAF thread. Where have you been?

jorma

is now taking requests
Kyon said:
We keep taking over these threads :lol

You are certainly doing your best to make it look like Apolinario has a point about "privileges enjoyed by the gay community".

SUPREME1

Banned
Way to go Brazil!

I'm glad to see eveyone being treated with eqality.

Fake Edit: Wait, what the fuck happened in here? Is this not a good thing? Everyone gets a pride day, right? RIGHT?

Fake Edit 2: I'm assuming Brazil has a gay pride day as well.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I did my part in explaining to a few people I'm close with why this isn't a good idea. For this thread I'll just agree with the points Sblargh raised in his posts. I'm from Rio and I hope this doesn't give any ideas to the bigots here.

I'll use this opportunity to post this piece of news regarding a hate crime that happenend in the country some weeks ago. It's kind of off topic but I've been mentioning it to people I know whenever I hear them saying anything with homophobic tones to show them how intolerance can put everyone in danger (translation by me, sorry for any inaccuracies and looseness):

Father and son thought to be gay couple are assaulted by gang

"Hug may have motivated the violence; one of the victims had part of his ear severed"

A 42 years old man had part of his ear severed after being assaulted by a group of young men in the early morning of last Friday (July 15), at the site of the Industrial and Commercial Agricultural Exhibition (Exposição Agropecuária Industrial e Comercial - EAPIC), in São João da Boa Vista (São Paulo, Brazil). The aggressors thought that he and his 18 years old son were a gay couple because they were hugging.

The man, who preferred to remain anonymous, is still under trauma. He reported that after a show they were approached by a group of seven young men who asked if they were gay.

He told them they were father and son and, even then, there was a bit of a ruckus. The men left, returned five minutes later and started beating the two of them. One man seemingly bit the father’s ear, cutting off part of it. “I remember being punched on the chin and passing out. When I started to regain my senses I heard people saying I had lost one ear”, he explained.

Both were taken to the hospital and were discharged after receiving treatment. The son sustained minor injuries.

The chief police officer from São João da Boa Vista’s 1st District, Fernando Zucarelli, said that an inquiry has been launched in order to identify the perpetrators. Homophobia, the aversion to homosexuality, still isn’t considered a crime in Brazilian’s criminal code but, along with the aggression, the young men may also be charged with discrimination.

The staff at the EAPIC informed that there were 150 security guards, additionally to military police, during the entire event, and that they will aid the police in order to identify the perpetrators.

Source: EPTV.com

Fuu said:
I did my part in explaining to a few people I'm close with why this isn't a good idea. For this thread I'll just agree with the points Sblargh raised in his posts. I'm from Rio and I hope this doesn't give any ideas to the bigots here.

I'll use this opportunity to post this piece of news regarding a hate crime that happenend in the country some weeks ago. It's kind of off topic but I've been mentioning it to people I know whenever I hear them saying anything with homophobic tones to show them how intolerance can put everyone in danger (translation by me, sorry for any inaccuracies and looseness):
Oh man, we're obviously enjoying our gay community privileges too much!

It's this shit that makes me scoff at the fact that anyone thinks we have 'privileges'. No, we don't.

Sblargh

Banned
ZephyrFate said:
Oh man, we're obviously enjoying our gay community privileges too much!

It's this shit that makes me scoff at the fact that anyone thinks we have 'privileges'. No, we don't.

Another bit of context about what he thinks it is privilege, for some time, Brazil is trying to ammend the constitution so the law that protects from religious and racial persecution can be extended to protect gays (and straights too, since the law protects from persecution by any sexual orientation). Apolinario is one of the people who thinks this law is part of some gay oppresion because then churches won't be able to openly bash gays as they do now.

Sblargh said:
Another bit of context about what he thinks it is privilege, for some time, Brazil is trying to ammend the constitution so the law that protects from religious and racial persecution can be extended to protect gays (and straights too, since the law protects from persecution by any sexual orientation). Apolinario is one of the people who thinks this law is part of some gay oppresion because then churches won't be able to openly bash gays as they do now.
What a tragedy! Whatever will these douchebag churches do?

Monocle

jorma said:
You are certainly doing your best to make it look like Apolinario has a point about "privileges enjoyed by the gay community".
You certainly are doing your best to make wildly inaccurate accusations and quixotic leaps to absurd conclusions.

TekkenMaster said:
Why do guys find those bellybuttons that stick out attractive? They disgust me. Also, his abs are clearly shooped.
Whose? Bernardo Velasco's? Those are 100% real man. You can see this in some of his Facebook photos when he's not modelling.

jorma

is now taking requests
ZephyrFate said:
Not even close. Good try, though! Here's your reward:

I dont find it offensive, just annoying. It might be fapping material to you, but to me it's just spam.

jorma said:

Which also include an eye for FURNITURE FITTINGS and DISPOSABLE INCOME.

jorma said:
I dont find it offensive, just annoying. It might be fapping material to you, but to me it's just spam.
Whether or not it annoys you has nothing to do with gay privileges. Do you honestly consider this thread to have any meaningful discussion? Hetero Pride Day is stupid and completely bogus.

Duki

Banned
Monocle said:
You certainly are doing your best to make wildly inaccurate accusations and quixotic leaps to absurd conclusions.
lmao this guy

he literally pointed out that youre abusing a privilege you have on this website and that it is mildly ironic in the light of that brazilian guys words

gaygaf gets to post half naked men with impunity and slobber over everyone in the post your pic thread and ask for more revealing photos and shit

god if someone did any of that shit with women theyd be so banned

we literally just had a great poster banned because he said hed fuck mark zuckerbergs sister

how are you literally managing to find offense at what jorma said

Duki said:
lmao this guy

he literally pointed out that youre abusing a privilege you have on this website and that it is mildly ironic in the light of that brazilian guys words

gaygaf gets to post half naked men with impunity and slobber over everyone in the post your pic thread and ask for more revealing photos and shit

god if someone did any of that shit with women theyd be so banned

we literally just had a great poster banned because he said hed fuck mark zuckerbergs sister

how are you literally managing to find offense at what jorma said
Oh what the fuck ever. Girl-Age is proof enough that slobbering over girls happens so much more frequently than we do over men. Beyond that, are you seriously arguing that men are even close to being as objectified here as women are?

How are you literally not seeing the forest for the trees?

Duki said:
you literally just answered by not actually answering or saying anything at all
I could spell it out, since reading is tough for you:

1. we don't enjoy any privileges, we clog at most one topic a month that was originally based on some stupid shit (like hetero pride day) with pictures of hot men, and actually less than that!

2. objectification of men is on a totally different level than the objectification of women (which is why that poster was banned)

3. we don't enjoy any privileges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom