• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shrap

I commented under Schrier's tweet but my biggest fucking problem with the videogame industry is the constant secrecy over thing about what is being made, and what is not being made. We have to rely on half-assed assumptions, and "WELL IT MIGHT BE GETTING MADE" - see the Dead Space thing where: OUR SOURCES HEARD IT MIGHT A NEW ENTRY, or a reboot or a remastered, same goes to how Dusk Golem danced around Resident Evil 8's development and what it actually was until getting called out for being a console warrior. Neither Konami, or Sony went out and said: Yeah this is going to be an ARG for Silent Hill, or a new horror IP. Or they could have gone out and sent a cease and desist letter out, or some kind of clarification that uh yea we have nothing to do with this guy, and actually we are cutting ties with this scammer.

Instead literally nothing happens. Geoff goes around and says: Well I dunno he Ghosted me
Schrier went and changed his opinion like the Italians in World War II going from OH YEAH THIS IS DEFINETLY KOJIMA to... Oh umm yeah seems they are in over their heads.

Like fucking what ? Even shitty Comic book news websites that use clickbait headlines are more reliable. Why is it so difficult to say: Yes Kojima is working on Silent Hill, and this guy is being used as a fun marketing tactic (it's actually really shitty now - if it is one) , or B you can say. Yeah we don't know this guy (And take down the Abandoned Article from the PS blog and refund the money he paid for marketing to Sony)

Video game journalists should not be the mouth piece of these companies, or at least if they are just, actually be better.
This. 100%. Movies are announced literally the moment a director or big name actor gets attached. Some fail to get made. No one cares. I will never understand why delaying announcements is such a big thing in this industry. Everyone here tells me that I am too excited for press conferences, and that Sony doesnt need their own E3 conference, and yet whose fucking fault is that? That's literally the only place where games are announced. Companies cultivate this mass anticipation for marketing purposes and sometimes it turns into mass hysteria like it did with Silent Hills.

Apparently, Sony, Konami and Kojima all refused to comment. Well, Jason Crunch Schrier, go and do your fucking job. Get some answers. Use your resources for more than just exposing industry practices that have been the norm for 40+ years. I like Geoff but hes being a dishonest cunt too.

At some point, it stops being fun and games and turns into consumers being mislead and thats when journalists need to earn their cred and stand up to these billion dollar companies.

You both realise everyone getting in on this is messing with you, right? They know Hassan is full of shit but they've also noticed a bunch of people crafting this grand conspiracy and want to have some fun with it. You are getting angry over an elaborate prank.

Konami and Sony haven't said anything because it's not even a blip on their radar.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
2RPC1KR.jpg
It wasn't too hard to solve that mystery.

My dick smells like ass.

Dodkrake

Banned
.. ..-. / -.-- --- ..- / .- .-. . / .-. . .- -.. .. -. --. / - .... .. ... / .--- ..- ... - / -.- -. --- .-- --..-- / -- -.-- / .. -. ... .. -.. . / .. -. ..-. --- / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .-- .- ... / -.. . .-.. .- -.-- . -.. / ..- -. - .. .-.. / .- ..- --. ..- ... - .-.-.-

kretos

Banned
Or stop reading and posting in said thread, ya weirdos.

This thread will drop on its own, due to lack of information. Why close a legendary thread? This has been pretty fucking epic. A lot of people have contributed willingly to this insanity. No one asked you to read, and no one is forcing you to continue to do so. No need for the mods to hold your hands and walk you through the forum.
5dm2k6y4b5651.png

Vae_Victis

Banned
So we now know 100%, there is no game. Hasan is fuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

Guy lied his way to attention that he's now desperate to escape.

Fuck him. Was fun tho.

AklVwj6.gif

To be fair, he never really lied, or probably even planned for this since the start.

The moment the very first trailer was published, there were already people saying it was Kojima and Silent Hill (just one example. The content of the post has been removed, but you can see the title and that it is 2 months old). This was completely out of nowhere. Hasan did not come out with the idea of pretending he was working on Silent Hill, people around the internet randomly put out the connection because... desperation?

What Hasan did was posting the "Abandoned = S____L" tweet. I suspect he knew what he was doing (well, to a point, see where we are now). But that was his line for a total of like 4-5 hours. Then he started publishing very, VERY explicit clarification, after clarification, after clarification that he did NOT mean "Silent Hill" with that.

Confirmation bias is the only gear some people can put their brain on though, so they handily canceled out all the HUGE amount of evidence against Abandoned being Silent Hill, and made a mountain out of the molehill of "evidence" that they were right. 95% of all the "evidence" collected here is nothing Hasan did or said, it's stuff people have dug up around the internet (or made up in their own mind, for a good chunk) and spontaneously decided it HAD to be evidence of what they wanted it to be.

Of course though we live in a post-truth world, so most of those people will never admit they were chasing butterflies of their own creation, and the new marching order will be that evil mastermind Hasan led them all astray from the very beginning, and there was no way they could see through his impossibly deep and articulated scam disseminated over they years by... existing, playing on PlayStation and working on shit games?

This week I have seen some of those people unironically state that NOT believing this game was Silent Hill after "all the evidence" was equivalent to negating reality, or even to being a Flat Earther. I don't know if that's more funny or sad.

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
.. ..-. / -.-- --- ..- / .- .-. . / .-. . .- -.. .. -. --. / - .... .. ... / .--- ..- ... - / -.- -. --- .-- --..-- / -- -.-- / .. -. ... .. -.. . / .. -. ..-. --- / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .-- .- ... / -.. . .-.. .- -.-- . -.. / ..- -. - .. .-.. / .- ..- --. ..- ... - .-.-.-
Is that the code from the live feed?

What does it mean?

Edit: So since the countdown reached 0. Different codes has been shown - in either red or blue color.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

To be fair, he never really lied, or probably even planned for this since the start.

Not about being associated with Kojima or Silent Hill; but he probably lied about his alleged "dev team" and things like "top voice talent." (and it's most likely lie there is any sort of real game in development)

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

Last edited:

Vae_Victis

Banned
Not about being associated with Kojima or Silent Hill; but he probably lied about his alleged "dev team" and things like "top voice talent."
Oh yeah, that definitely. Just like he (probably) lied about the fact that his failed kickstarted had been picked up by external investors, that he had 7 studios helping him, or that this app was ever supposed to come out at the end of June and be what he said it would be.

All of that, still, was very tangential in this story. The Kojima connection was 100% spontaneous.

something seems really fishy about this new delay. they moved it by a couple days 3 times.. What all of a sudden changed where they need an entire month? lol

I am guessing surprise launch at the end of a sony conference

Not about being associated with Kojima or Silent Hill; but he probably lied about his alleged "dev team" and things like "top voice talent." (and it's most likely lie there is any sort of real game in development)

But you can't even say that when NUARE came out in support and has had a history of working on some top tier stuff. Again, just so many weird little things that don't add up here.

He's clearly not a scammer on that basis.

I could see him being in over his head because of his S______L tweet. He played with matches and it caught more fire than he expected.

Or it really is what we think and hope it is :D

Realistically, I am #TeamReal but I'm not sure if this is it or not. That's been my stance. I do believe something is in the cooker, just whether this is it or not remains to be seen. The August thing is still peculiar to me...just another weird little coincidence in the massive stack of coincidences.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

The moment the very first trailer was published, there were already people saying it was Kojima and Silent Hill (just one example. The content of the post has been removed, but you can see the title and that it is 2 months old). This was completely out of nowhere. Hasan did not come out with the idea of pretending he was working on Silent Hill, people around the internet randomly put out the connection because... desperation?

What Hasan did was posting the "Abandoned = S____L" tweet. I suspect he knew what he was doing (well, to a point, see where we are now). But that was his line for a total of like 4-5 hours. Then he started publishing very, VERY explicit clarification, after clarification, after clarification that he did NOT mean "Silent Hill" with that.

Confirmation bias is the only gear some people can put their brain on though, so they handily canceled out all the HUGE amount of evidence against Abandoned being Silent Hill, and made a mountain out of the molehill of "evidence" that they were right. 95% of all the "evidence" collected here is nothing Hasan did or said, it's stuff people have dug up around the internet (or made up in their own mind, for a good chunk) and spontaneously decided it HAD to be evidence of what they wanted it to be.

Of course though we live in a post-truth world, so most of those people will never admit they were chasing butterflies of their own creation, and the new marching order will be that evil mastermind Hasan led them all astray from the very beginning, and there was no way they could see through his impossibly deep and articulated scam disseminated over they years by... existing, playing on PlayStation and working on shit games?

This week I have seen some of those people unironically state that NOT believing this game was Silent Hill after "all the evidence" was equivalent to negating reality, or even to being a Flat Earther. I don't know if that's more funny or sad.
Oh he definitely lied multiple times. He contradicted himself in various interviews, etc.

For example, lie #1 ... claiming he has a game in development (lol)

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

But you can't even say that when NUARE came out in support and has had a history of working on some top tier stuff. Again, just so many weird little things that don't add up here.

He's clearly not a scammer.
I can say it; because he's claimed to have a 10 person dev team since 2015.. has produced nothing.. has never mentioned once who is dev team is, never mentioned any games they've worked on (despite claiming in 2015 they had years of extensive experience), nor released any games with voice acting yet in 2015 claimed he had hired 11 voice actors. What dev studio claims to have a 10 person team for 6 years but can't produce any evidence of that team, what they've done, etc.?

One that doesn't have a 10 person dev team.

He got Nuare on this hype train likely in the last week; probably by lying to them just like he's lying about everything else. Maybe he even has some money to pay for some concept art.

Hasan is an obvious liar, trying to take advantage of some hype.. after releasing garbage for 6 years that nobody noticed even existed.

Last edited:
Now the overreaction is that he lied. People created their own theories and went deeper down the rabbit hole. that's on y'all not him. The game exist, it might be good, it might have top voice talent for the video game industry which isn't saying much considering the most popular video game voice talent is D tier celebs at best. I think the game will come out and be decent, but blaming him for y'all making non existent connections is mind blowing.

IntentionalPun

Now the overreaction is that he lied. People created their own theories and went deeper down the rabbit hole. that's on y'all not him. The game exist, it might be good, it might have top voice talent for the video game industry which isn't saying much considering the most popular video game voice talent is D tier celebs at best. I think the game will come out and be decent, but blaming him for y'all making non existent connections is mind blowing.
It's not an overreaction, I've been saying that from the start.

And I'm sticking to it; this guy is just a liar.. it's all out there to see, his web site from 2015, what he's managed to produce.. nothing adds up, because he is a grade A bullshitter.

He's never claimed to be Kojima, or associated with SH, also something I've been saying from the start.

I'm #Team Consistent with my Beliefs ;)

What is he going to do next?

Cling to his newly found Nuare studios friendship.. even though they've clearly never worked for/with him the last 6 years.. as he has no concept art for any of his BS "games" he's released..

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
If the official website gets updated today, we at least know the AbandonedTheGame youtube channel is legit - and if that's legit - the codes written in blue and red must be a clue.

I can say it; because he's claimed to have a 10 person dev team since 2015.. has produced nothing.. has never mentioned once who is dev team is, never mentioned any games they've worked on (despite claiming in 2015 they had years of extensive experience), nor released any games with voice acting yet in 2015 claimed he had hired 11 voice actors. What dev studio claims to have a 10 person team for 6 years but can't produce any evidence of that team, what they've done, etc.?

One that doesn't have a 10 person dev team.

He got Nuare on this hype train likely in the last week; probably by lying to them just like he's lying about everything else. Maybe he even has some money to pay for some concept art.

Hasan is an obvious liar, trying to take advantage of some hype.. after releasing garbage for 6 years that nobody noticed even existed.

Again, if this was genuinely a scam, I really do feel Sony would have came out and put the kaboosh on it already. Letting it go any further will not end well for anyone if it is a scam and I do believe that if Sony knew something in that vein, they would have pulled the plug on this to save face before it blows up even further. Sony's not that dumb. A scam is bad PR wise. The fact that nothing still has yet to be said leaves me with doubt that it is a con job. But the days are still young.

That's why its hilarious to me all around. If it is a scam then it says a lot about Sony's QA/Indie programs....but I really don't think it is a scam. I think it's one of the other two options. He played with matches and started a bushfire...or Hasan is Joakim 2.0 and this is gonna play out until the very end.

The fact that there are SO many coincidences still leaves me with that hope that this is it though...even if that is crazy to believe.

The August delay is yet another coincidence in a LONG line of coincidences.

Last edited:
It's not an overreaction, I've been saying that from the start.

And I'm sticking to it; this guy is just a liar.. it's all out there to see, his web site from 2015, what he's managed to produce.. nothing adds up, because he is a grade A bullshitter.

He's never claimed to be Kojima, or associated with SH, also something I've been saying from the start.

I'm #Team Consistent with my Beliefs ;)
I don't think Sony would promote the game if it didn't exist. I think it will be a outlast kind of game production value wise that people hyped up to be a AAA PT follow up. Thats an impossible standard for anyone to live up to let alone an indie dev. But the connections aren't real, people just made them up themselves. He can't be blamed for that.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
AND he would not be "Stressed" if he had good game to show/something exciting. He is stressed because his lie worked and he got some shitty asset flip game

DeepEnigma DeepEnigma oh absolutely this was the best topic ever :p Love it. But I am also kinda angry that some guy is making fool of so many people.

Last edited:

kikii

Gold Member
Is that the code from the live feed?

What does it mean?

Edit: So since the countdown reached 0. Different codes has been shown - in either red or blue color.

it's a morse code ..uuhh :messenger_grinning_sweat: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

.. ..-. / -.-- --- ..- / .- .-. . / .-. . .- -.. .. -. --. / - .... .. ... / .--- ..- ... - / -.- -. --- .-- --..-- / -- -.-- / .. -. ... .. -.. . / .. -. ..-. --- / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .-- .- ... / -.. . .-.. .- -.-- . -.. / ..- -. - .. .-.. / .- ..- --. ..- ... - .-.-.- >> IF YOU ARE READING THIS JUST KNOW, MY INSIDE INFO WILL WAS DELAYED UNTIL AUGUST.

.. - / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- .-.. .-.. / -... . / .-. . ...- . .- .-.. . -.. / ... --- --- -. .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- / ... .-.. >> IT WILL ALL BE REVEALED SOON... SL

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Fresh haircut, fresh beard groom, crisp white turtle neck.

And we're supposed to believe he's "stressed"?

No Hasan, this is what the stress of software development looks like:

sean.0.0.jpg

z0dhhr5nnn231.png
lol Both of these guys are frauds too. I remember bitching about No Mans Sky being at EVERY single Sony conference for what felt like a good two years. I knew from day one that procedurally game made by 20 people was never going to compete with AAA games. I called the Cyberpunk 2077 downgrade the day they revealed how the first demo ran at 1080p 30 for on a 11 tflops 1080 Ti. There was no way that game was going to run on a 1.3 and 1.8 tflops PS4.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
AND he would not be "Stressed" if he had good game to show/something exciting. He is stressed because his lie worked and he got some shitty asset flip game
Not comparing, but even Cory Barlog and all the big dogs get stressed before reveals. Even when they have bangers on their hands.

Again, not comparing, but what you said makes no sense and is not a correlation.

Top Bottom