• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
The dev did a 'woe is me why does everyone think I'm Kojima, woe is me this is tuff guyz" routine right when this really blew up.. that's why Resetera closed their thread, and probably why the likes of Jason Schrier didn't press further. Also why I suspect Nuare decided they should lend a hand... although I have a feeling they will or already have bailed from the project, and likely hadn't done any work yet. (just my hunch)

Beyond the fact that it's blatantly obvious that it's not Kojima.. and it's really just some guy named Hasan, so there's nothing really to press further on lol

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Oh wow. I am watching this MBG guy ramble and suddenly he stops for good 5 minutes and you can see he is confused and weirded out.
After this he tells that BBG contacted him and told him that they are real company and 5s video was teaser for a teaser.
He is 100% not lying I can see that in his face. He had a title something like "bluebox slaughered, it's over"... changed the title in the meantime he was baffled looking at his phone :p

OK.. so honest question.

You really believe:

- A song you can barely hear in the Abandoned trailer, is kinda similar to a song form an album entitled "Cult" (if you slow that song down by 50%), and that incredibly hard to find breadcrumb and relation to "Cult"

Is part of the same.. whatever you want to call, it, because you say it's not an ARG, that produced:

- 'S____ _____L'

???

I really don't understand how you can reconcile the 2 things lol

Well, it's not an ARG, we've discussed this. It's a reveal, in real-time, happening right now. Just not in the way you've ever seen. Same as Moby Dick wasn't an ARG but a reveal.

And yes, I do find it believable that Kojima would do something like that, because he's done it before. Let's not ignore that. He's done this kind of thing before. So it's not without precedent.

As for the tweet, we discussed that it was intentional. To do exactly what it has done, garner further interest and keep people strung along, and it worked, expertly. As were still talking about it. I mean you won't let it go. So it worked pretty damn well, obviously.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
Why are people trying to make out that 4 sec trailer is the greatest thing they’ve ever seen on a console?
People were like that with the original forest reveal.

Banjo64

cumsessed
The dev did a 'woe is me why does everyone think I'm Kojima, woe is me this is tuff guyz" routine right when this really blew up.. that's why Resetera closed their thread, and probably why the likes of Jason Schrier didn't press further.

Beyond the fact that it's blatantly obvious that it's not Kojima.. and it's really just some guy named Hasan, so there's nothing really to press further on lol
Hasan is an AI developed by Microsoft, the successor to Tay.

GuinGuin

Banned
IIRC Kojima tweet is in reference to the music he used on one of DS trailers, it was from this album, "Cult" by "Apocalyptica". Makes total sense with him doing new trailer. Hasan could be inspired to use similar music.

Anyway, now I think that Hasan is just a guy who enjoys playing at dev, maybe it's his dream to be famous game developer and he enjoys the whole process, like many people enjoy their hobbies, doing bad art but having fun, while thinking it is much better than what it is. He couldn't resist such unique opportunity and turn down the attention b/c he's a moron with bad self-control.

And Kojima just happens to be listing to it on a blue box shaped Sony mp3 player when every sane person in modern society listens to music on their phone?

The dev did a 'woe is me why does everyone think I'm Kojima, woe is me this is tuff guyz" routine right when this really blew up.. that's why Resetera closed their thread, and probably why the likes of Jason Schrier didn't press further. Also why I suspect Nuare decided they should lend a hand... although I have a feeling they will or already have bailed from the project, and likely hadn't done any work yet. (just my hunch)

Did you read the interview with Jason? He said he believes that Hasan is Hasan, is an indie developer, but he himself can't explain a lot of what's going on. He's a game journalist, one of the best out there, you're acting like he just said "well never mind" for no reason after that article? I mean come on. This after he said, "oh yeah this is Kojima" then quickly backtracked. Same as Geoff being like, yeah talked to him, seems legit, we will see more this summer.

We have two of the biggest names in the industry saying, yeah seems legit, we will see more, and yet you're like, nah he's an idiot scammer. I mean dude, he's such an idiot he fooled them? Come the hell on that just doesn't hold water.

You want us to believe that Jason Schreir was just like, yeah this moron scammer won't do shit, but I'm intrigued so I won't say anything. The same dude that has unrelentingly went after larger companies? Come on. That's the biggest joke. That other people are like "we feel bad for him" so we willl pull his interviews. This "dumb" guy sure has a lot of fucking sympathy for him by the industry. That's crazy for a guy that came out of nowhere.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Well, it's not an ARG, we've discussed this. It's a reveal, in real-time, happening right now. Just not in the way you've ever seen. Same as Moby Dick wasn't an ARG but a reveal.

And yes, I do find it believable that Kojima would do something like that, because he's done it before. Let's not ignore that. He's done this kind of thing before. So it's not without precedent.

As for the tweet, we discussed that it was intentional. To do exactly what it has done, garner further interest and keep people strung along, and it worked, expertly. As were still talking about it. I mean you won't let it go. So it worked pretty damn well, obviously.
Some of you are legit fucking coo-coo and will never be in charge of marketing any product, ever.

All it would take is for Kojima to take four seconds of his life to tweet "This ain't me, fam," and this thing could be over.

Not a peep from him.
Not a peep from Konami.
Not a peep from Sony.
No journalists in the game industry taking a serious look into this.

Very odd, the amount of silence around this even now.

Alebrije

Gold Member
This video altogether gets me. Most people seem to not really want to address it at all. Because yeah, this isn't an "asset flip" or whatever anyone wants to argue. If anything it's just a not-so-subtle reference to SH 2. I guess the argument would be this could be done on the quick, someone it's just a floor and half a person after all. But this looks motion captured. Also, the textures look very nice. It's the sound design that gets me, it sounds like it's from the late 90s/Early 2000s. Not modern-day. The footsteps in particular remind me of something, I just can't place what.
Well the clothes and characters steps looks and sounds like Silent Hill2 but more like Residen Evil 1 or 2 when you open a door and walk over a stair. If you lisent to the background sound is white noise, so it could be related to the moment previous static radio sound on SH games. The lighting looks like moon light so an area near Toluca Lake...

Last edited:
that's honestly what I key in on the most. The "games media" is suspiciously quiet on this. I've not heard mention of this from GB or Nextlander (well Brad, mentioned it on GB briefly before leaving). Schrier isn't talking about it. It seems like it's getting enough buzz, otherwise, that they'd comment on it. Leads me to believe that the ARG is on.
Exactly this. Jason has written expose after expose on some of the largest names in gaming. He's not afraid to make enemies as it were. Geoff has nothing to lose from calling this out for what it is if it were so obvious, yet instead, he says look for more this summer. No other games media will touch it, with the exception of some largely unknown podcast. A podcast that mind you then say, we are pulling the interview. For what? Because they feel bad or something? I mean you can't just hand wave all of this away and act as though this "dumb" guy has somehow fooled everyone in the gaming press who's looked into him.

Like no offense, but I'm more inclined to believe a reporter who's written multiple articles on the games industry than some random poster on Neo Gaf. But hey, what do I know, I am just a flat earth moron from a lunatic asylum or some shit.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Did you read the interview with Jason? He said he believes that Hasan is Hasan, is an indie developer, but he himself can't explain a lot of what's going on. He's a game journalist, one of the best out there, you're acting like he just said "well never mind" for no reason after that article? I mean come on. This after he said, "oh yeah this is Kojima" then quickly backtracked. Same as Geoff being like, yeah talked to him, seems legit, we will see more this summer.

We have two of the biggest names in the industry saying, yeah seems legit, we will see more, and yet you're like, nah he's an idiot scammer. I mean dude, he's such an idiot he fooled them? Come the hell on that just doesn't hold water.

You want us to believe that Jason Schreir was just like, yeah this moron scammer won't do shit, but I'm intrigued so I won't say anything. The same dude that has unrelentingly went after larger companies? Come on. That's the biggest joke. That other people are like "we feel bad for him" so we willl pull his interviews. This "dumb" guy sure has a lot of fucking sympathy for him by the industry. That's crazy for a guy that came out of nowhere.

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

SafeOrAlone

Banned
All it would take is for Kojima to take four seconds of his life to tweet "This ain't me, fam," and this thing could be over.

Not a peep from him.
Not a peep from Konami.
Not a peep from Sony.
No journalists in the game industry taking a serious look into this.

Very odd, the amount of silence around this even now.
To simply play devil's advocate, I can envision Kojima enjoying this more than anyone, whether he is involved or not.
He doesn't even have to do anything and everyone is talking about him.

I mean, straight up someone just tweet Jason and ask him if he thinks this is a scam or whatever. Ask Geoff. If it's a scam that's going on in gaming they should want to ensure people aren't getting scammed. This isn't that difficult folks. This is simple logic.

GuinGuin

Banned
To simply play devil's advocate, I can envision Kojima enjoying this more than anyone, whether he is involved or not.
He doesn't even have to do anything and everyone is talking about him.

After paying some guy to legally change his name to Hasan Kahraman 7 years ago you bet he's enjoying seeing it all finally pay off.

Last edited:
I mean why would Jason have not said anything? Geoff? Sony at this point? This doesn't make anyone look good. Especially since Geoff told people to watch Abandoned himself, as did Jason. Care to explain?

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
You have to find a way to phrase it in a way that will bruise Jason's ego, without getting yourself blocked. It's like one of those bowling ball games they used to have at chuck e. cheese. It requires a delicate balance.

"Jason doesn't really have the type of connections to know whether this is real or not. It would take someone with more progressive connections. Jason is damn good at reporting simple videogame stuff, but this is hardcore journalism."

GuinGuin

Banned
I mean, straight up someone just tweet Jason and ask him if he thinks this is a scam or whatever. Ask Geoff. If it's a scam that's going on in gaming they should want to ensure people aren't getting scammed. This isn't that difficult folks. This is simple logic.
People are asking every day. Read their tweet replies. They are all silent.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Oh wow. I am watching this MBG guy ramble and suddenly he stops for good 5 minutes and you can see he is confused and weirded out.
After this he tells that BBG contacted him and told him that they are real company and 5s video was teaser for a teaser.
He is 100% not lying I can see that in his face. He had a title something like "bluebox slaughered, it's over"... changed the title in the meantime he was baffled looking at his phone :p

I saw that! A teaser for a teaser?

This shit gets weirder and weirder!

IntentionalPun

Did you read the interview with Jason? He said he believes that Hasan is Hasan, is an indie developer, but he himself can't explain a lot of what's going on. He's a game journalist, one of the best out there, you're acting like he just said "well never mind" for no reason after that article? I mean come on.
No he wrote a big article, said he was convinced it was just an indie.. and then moved on.. because where is the story?

All he said was that the interview raised more questions.. he didn't get any real response from Hasan.. so.. what else?

Last edited:
No he wrote a big article, said he was convinced it was just an indie.. and then moved on.. because where is the story?
According to you, there should be one easy-to-find story. I mean, you laid it out. If he's doing what you have suspected him of doing how is that not a story? Why are you here if there's no story here? Why would Jason Shceir of all people not want to report on this so obvious and easy to see, and document, fraud, as you have alleged? What sense does that make. That's a huge story in gaming. Are you saying that Jason would just ignore that?

Also, Geoff? What about his comments? I mean, dude, the logic doesn't hold up.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

According to you, there should be one easy-to-find story. I mean, you laid it out. If he's doing what you have suspected him of doing how is that not a story? Why are you here if there's no story here? Why would Jason Shceir of all people not want to report on this so obvious and easy to see, and document, fraud, as you have alleged? What sense does that make. That's a huge story in gaming. Are you saying that Jason would just ignore that?

Also, Geoff? What about his comments? I mean, dude, the logic doesn't hold up.

It's not a huge story in gaming at all.

There are literally dozens of asset flip garbage (scams) released every single day.

Beyond that all Hasan has done is lied and asked for investor money he very unlikely recieved.

You are just doing that thing where you make way too big of a deal out of my use of the word "scam" even though I keep repeatedly telling you none of these are a big deal.. because he's unlikely to have successfully defrauded anyone but a few dozen people buying $2-5 games who probably moved on with their lives or asked for a refund from Steam/Google Play.

Geoff said the guy contacted him.. made a couple posts on resetera.. and then nothing else. What "comments" of his? He bailed right around the time 99% of the internet did on this story.

Last edited:
"Kahraman named two of the “six or seven” outsourcing companies that he said Blue Box is working with: Nuare Studio and Dekogon Studios. Representatives for both companies declined to comment."

I mean you're telling me Jason Schreir called up Nuare and Dekogon and said, hey you working with Hasan, and rather then saying "no were not associated with this obvious and easy-to-see scammer" they said "no comment".

Folks, I think we can all agree a no is a no, a "no comment" is essentially a yes. FFS this isn't difficult.

Man, this obvious scammer sure is making inroads in the industry. So much that these companies won't discuss a thing with the biggest in-depth reporter in gaming. That's crazy, especially for such a dumb dude.

It's not a huge story in gaming at all.

There are literally dozens of asset flip garbage (scams) released every single day.

Beyond that all Hasan has done is lied and asked for investor money he very unlikely recieved.

You are just doing that thing where you make way too big of a deal out of my use of the word "scam" even though I keep repeatedly telling you none of these are a big deal.. because he's unlikely to have successfully defrauded anyone but a few dozen people buying $2-5 games who probably moved on with their lives or asked for a refund from Steam/Google Play.

Geoff said the guy contacted him.. made a couple posts on resetera.. and then nothing else. What "comments" of his? He bailed right around the time 99% of the internet did on this story.
Do all these other asset flippers immediately garner an interview with Jason Schreier? Did you get some numbers on that or something?

Are they all getting this kind of attention and press? Do they all get Geoff saying, yeah more to come this summer. Cause that's what Geoff said. That there would be more to come this summer from Hasan and Abandoned. I've documented all of this.

As for this being a nothing story? That just doesn't hold water with the allegations you yourself have alleged and the fact that it's so easy to see (and it is) yet Jason ignored all of that in his reporting? I mean dude, it doesn't make any damn sense.

Yeah, Geoff does this for everyone. Just gotta ask nicely.

Last edited:
Also, not at all like Kojima and his team have a connection to the Netherlands at all.

Oh, wait. Yes they do.

"In fact, prior to offering the engine, Guerrilla Games didn’t even have a name for the tech. Hulst and Kojima came up with the word Decima, which is the name of an artificial island in the bay of Nagasaki.

Fittingly, the Decima island (also called Dejima) was built in 1634 as a home for Portuguese traders; Japan’s way of limiting their influence on the country. The Dutch later moved to the island in 1641, making it Japan’s only trade port with the rest of the world.

Hulst also revealed that a team from Guerrilla Games engineers would go on missions to Tokyo to help Kojima Productions with engine support, sometimes embedded in teams at the Japanese studio.

Through this partnership, Guerrilla was able to improve the engine based on regular conversations the Dutch team has with Kojima Productions"

oh look, Japans only trade port to the rest of the world used to have to go through the Dutch. Funny that. (I'm just having fun, but seriously folks)

Last edited:
Hard at work doing nothing we are supposed to believe I guess?
Yeah, cause so many want to ignore all the reports that they're working on a new game that have also been running rampant for months. You know, like this:

But they're just twiddling their thumbs, I agree.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
It sounds like we’ve reached a point of:

Team Real = Silent Hill
Team Fake = AAA Silent Hill clone

Win/win either way.

Nah it's this simple...

Either:
  • This is in fact Kojima and all of this is part of the plan - Hasan is not a real person or he is hired to be part of this
Or:
  • Hasan is a fraudulent motherfucker who has never and will never released a game, the only reason he's doing this is because he gets off on the attention. Once he's done toying with everyone he will disappear into the sunset and never be seen again.

There is no in between. So the question for all of us right now is are you an optimist or are you a pessimist? What do you chose to believe? For me personally I can't for the life of me understand why someone would want and wish for the second scenario I outlined to be the truth but it shouldn't be surprising considering there can be no light without darkness.

What has been interesting though is witnessing team fake become more and more aggressive as time has gone on, to the point where insults are now being thrown around. If nothing else this has made for an interesting social experiment. People behave in funny ways when faced with uncertainty despite (rightly or wrongly) feeling so close to the truth. For every day this continues to go on without any clear resolution it's another L for team fake and it's starting to take it's toll on some of them. As for the rest of us:

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Also, not at all like Kojima and his team have a connection to the Netherlands at all.

Oh, wait. Yes they do.

"In fact, prior to offering the engine, Guerrilla Games didn’t even have a name for the tech. Hulst and Kojima came up with the word Decima, which is the name of an artificial island in the bay of Nagasaki.

Fittingly, the Decima island (also called Dejima) was built in 1634 as a home for Portuguese traders; Japan’s way of limiting their influence on the country. The Dutch later moved to the island in 1641, making it Japan’s only trade port with the rest of the world.

Hulst also revealed that a team from Guerrilla Games engineers would go on missions to Tokyo to help Kojima Productions with engine support, sometimes embedded in teams at the Japanese studio.

Through this partnership, Guerrilla was able to improve the engine based on regular conversations the Dutch team has with Kojima Productions"

oh look, Japans only trade port to the rest of the world used to have to go through the Dutch. Funny that. (I'm just having fun, but seriously folks)
Oh and that Island that the Dutch controlled, it was artificial. Goddamn these coincidences. They are so inconvenient.

You know what else was an island, a Kojima island? Hasan's background.

Last edited:
Do you know what the locals in Hawaii believe about that island? That it isn't real. That it's artificial. That it's a lizard's tale that was cast out to the sea and what you see is its back poking out of the seafloor. It's not a "real" island.

Growing up we were told that it was a giant Chinese man that had gone to the ocean, and sat down, and was still there to this day. Just his hat protruding from the water. Point is, it's believed to not be a real island. It obviously is, but the lore being what it is.

wgCBreC.jpg

In other words, an artificial Kojima island. Out there all by itself. Alone. Abandoned. No one on it. It's uninhabited if you didn't know.

Last edited:

GuinGuin

Banned
I wanted to spy on his Playstation account (he plays a lot of games for someone supposedly working full time on creating one.) but he has set everything to private now.
4RHqI7y.png

W
Do you know what the locals in Hawaii believe about that island? That it isn't real. That it's artificial. That it's a lizard's tale that was cast out to the sea and what you see is its back poking out of the seafloor. It's not a "real" island.

Growing up we were told that it was a giant Chinese man that had gone to the ocean, and sat down, and was still there to this day. Just his hat protruding from the water. Point is, it's believed to not be a real island. It obviously is, but the lore being what it is.

wgCBreC.jpg

In other words, an artificial Kojima island. Out there all by itself. Alone. Abandoned. No one on it. It's uninhabited if you didn't know.
Want to hear something else interesting about Hawaii? A lot of Gekkos there. Like a lot. Gekkos are a huge thing over there. A part of the culture. Do you know what else is a gekko?

point being there are multiple connections to Kojima and Hawaii. You just have to know where to look.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

W

Want to hear something else interesting about Hawaii? A lot of Gekkos there. Like a lot. Gekkos are a huge thing over there. A part of the culture. Do you know what else is a gekko?

point being there are multiple connections to Kojima and Hawaii. You just have to know where to look.
Ooooooof bro...

Now Kojima is a Chinaman?

Come on man I thought you were a progressive :)

OrionNebula

Yeah that reaction was weird as fuck
All of a sudden he’s all ‘’Oh, I’m so tired’’, with a big grin he desperately tries to hide, very out of it, all of a sudden
He definitely got some interesting news during the livestream. His whole demeanor changed right after that

I mean at this point do we really not think this last tweet from Hasan's profile is anything but intentional? I mean this is expert-level trolling for such an obvious "dumb" scammer. "Don't be late" Then "jk". It's so obviously intentional.

wW0oBmV.png

Last edited:
So now the whole game is fake and not even a real thing?

Hasan kahraman is about to find a horses head under his blanket when he wakes up in the morning..

Last edited:
So now the whole game is fake and not even a real thing?

Hasan kahraman is about to find a horses head under his blanket when he wakes up in the morning..
No. It's a thing. Just not "Abandoned" an indie survival game. We all know what team real believes it to be. SH/MGS one or the other or both.

Top Bottom