• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

8BiTw0LF

Banned
I just don't believe Kojima would do THE SAME stunt again.. he is more creative than that
What if he just combined both ARGs (MGSV & P.T)?
He already stated he couldn't do the same thing again as he did with P.T. Something about it had to more complex.

Take a look at this: Death Stranding's Short Lived ARG is Unrelated to Hideo Kojima or Kojima Productions (dualshockers.com)

"perhaps Hideo Kojima was taking notice on how much fun the community was able to have in an alternative advertising campaign like an ARG."

Kojima is very active on social media - he know what is happening - so if he truly doesn't have anything to do with Konami IP's, why not just say it?
Makes absolutely no sense.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
If he was getting grants or something there would be a public record of that; as there is always a public record of shit like that, IMO.

He's just an idiot who thought his lame asset flip games he did release would make money.. and he's being an idiot again (again, IMO,.)

Last edited:
That's interesting no doubt. But why incorporate MGS/SH so overtly as to bring so much attention to it. MGS one of the most popular and storied series in all of gaming and SH one of the most well known, and still fresh in the wound, "abandoned" games?

If you're trying to commit tax fraud you're not going to shine a 35k+ twitter following on it. That doesn't make sense. you're not going to keep alluding to two of the biggest series in gaming, and acting as if you have a connection to Kojima, if you're trying to commit massive tax fraud. That's just insane.
It’s possible he does actually get private investment, and is also committing fraud this way, it’s hard to say.
I”m not in the police, I have no idea what he’s doing or what kind of shit he’s pulling, but this really makes sense for the scam angle, especially since he’s done it many times before in the exact same way, and there’s a paper trail.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I've been Team Real from day one. I still am......but I've started to have my doubts. These last second bugs don't make sense to me.

Keep the faith, I have my doubts as well but it's been great fun, I think we must be approaching the end game soon though.....right.......right

willem dafoe smile GIF

tommib

Gold Member
That's interesting no doubt. But why incorporate MGS/SH so overtly as to bring so much attention to it. MGS one of the most popular and storied series in all of gaming and SH one of the most well known, and still fresh in the wound, "abandoned" games?

If you're trying to commit tax fraud you're not going to shine a 35k+ twitter following on it. That doesn't make sense. you're not going to keep alluding to two of the biggest series in gaming, and acting as if you have a connection to Kojima, if you're trying to commit massive tax fraud. That's just insane.
He started to incorporate those elements after the flat-earthers were pointing out this was Silent Sill, after the first forest asset pack trailer. He sent an email denying any connection but then doubled down, for attention. The app exists because he’ll never be able to make a full videogame.

What if he just combined both ARGs (MGSV & P.T)?
He already stated he couldn't do the same thing again as he did with P.T. Something about it had to more complex.

Take a look at this: Death Stranding's Short Lived ARG is Unrelated to Hideo Kojima or Kojima Productions (dualshockers.com)

"perhaps Hideo Kojima was taking notice on how much fun the community was able to have in an alternative advertising campaign like an ARG."

Kojima is very active on social media - he know what is happening - so if he truly doesn't have anything to do with Konami IP's, why not just say it?
Makes absolutely no sense.
Because Kojma doesn’t want anything to do with every fuckwit moron who speaks his name. They’re not worth his time. If they step too close, the lawyers will take it up.

Last edited:
Hey, guys, I'm just going to tell you now. My real name is Johnathan Crapes, and I'm here to make a game. Don't look into my name at all, I promise you won't see rather easy to correlate "evidence" of criminality. Well, I'm out. I gotta go talk to Geoff Keighly and do an interview with Jason Schreir. Also gotta go make sure my 56k followers on twitter don't catch on, cause you know, the internet never looks into anyone.

I promise guys, totally not a tax scam. Like totally.

No one is that fucking stupid.

He started to incorporate those elements after the flat-earthers were pointing out this was Silent Sill, after the first forest asset pack trailer. He sent an email denying any connection but then doubled down, for attention. The app exists because he’ll never be able to make a full videogame.
Exactly. This timeline and the reddit post close this down.

The history is there, the same things over and over.

IntentionalPun

It’s possible he does actually get private investment, and is also committing fraud this way, it’s hard to say.
I”m not in the police, I have no idea what he’s doing or what kind of shit he’s pulling, but this really makes sense for the scam angle, especially since he’s done it many times before in the exact same way, and there’s a paper trail.
Well he's clearly been trying to get investors for years, he had that on his web site with a request form.

I doubt he succeeded.

He did bother to sell a couple of games, based on false pretenses.. so.. a scam. (and him attemptiong to get investors was also a "scam", as he did so with a ton of obvious lies, again, IMO)

The thing is nothing he's produced is anything that represents more than someone just fucking around in Unreal engine here or there... it's not some huge "scam" involving a bunch of time, to steel the pensions of poor elderly folks. It's a dude making asset flip garbage and for some odd reason seemingly thinking it would make him money, who eventually got a Playstation dev kit and more attention than he's ever deserved and is trying to ride that out but failing (IMO.)

Last edited:
Hey, guys, I'm just going to tell you now. My real name is Johnathan Crapes, and I'm here to make a game. Don't look into my name at all, I promise you won't see rather easy to correlate "evidence" of criminality. Well, I'm out. I gotta go talk to Geoff Keighly and do an interview with Jason Schreir. Also gotta go make sure my 56k followers on twitter don't catch on, cause you know, the internet never looks into anyone.

Hasan clearly is.

He was incorporating those elements before that. He's referenced the works in all his previous works in some way. Even members of team fake acknowledge this. The allusions to MGS/SH have always been a thing.

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member

He did his best to dissociate himself from last projects: removing them from steam etc, but webarchives breathe. He’s just stupid and lazy.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
The theory on Reddit/r/ blueboxconspiracy is that this is entirely a tax scam. He has done these exact same steps, for each and every game he’s announced and then not-finished. The idea is that maybe there’s tech tax credits, r&d budgets, or tax write offs if you can prove you’re making a game.

I mean. Look at this:
He’s done the same thing MULTIPLE times, announcing something, trailer, maybe a demo, then pulling it and saying it’s delayed for technical reasons or outside investment. This isn’t just once, this is multiple times.

Yep this was a theory quite early on in the thread and it wouldn't surprise me at all if that were the case.

Still team real though. Team fake are dull as fuck.

tommib

Gold Member
He was incorporating those elements before that. He's referenced the works in all his previous works in some way. Even members of team fake acknowledge this. The allusions to MGS/SH have always been a thing.
Yeah but the S________L fucked up tease came obviously because people were trying to connect dots with the forest asset pack trailer. He’s just dumb.

IntentionalPun

You guys are way over-thinking it with this tax fraud thing.

He's clearly been for years trying to get investment.. I mean that is apparent, he legit had an investor request form on his site.. that's also, what Kickstarter is.

And he did actually sell a couple of games.

He's just a complete failure lol A scamming/fraudulent failure, but a failure.

How was he going to make a dime off of the asset flip garbage that nobody notice existed and he only sold a handful of copies of?

His whole history was of him being an idiot who wasn't in any way on a path to make real money... so why would it be any different now?

It's all preposterous that any of his other asset flip scams were going to work either; it being idiotic doesn't make it any less what happened.. and doesn't make it less logical that what he's doing now is similar.

There's little chance this is what he depends on for income.. otherwise, he'd be homeless already.
Exactly my point though, what was the scam? You yourself are saying it wouldn't be about money, so what would it be?

Now obviously we have this new information about the taxes that have arisen, but this issue with the scam was being discussed before that. Obviously, the situation has changed now. As I'm sure you would say this is the point. Which, obviously, is a fair argument to make.

He's clearly been for years trying to get investment.. I mean that is apparent, he legit had an investor request form on his site.. that's also, what Kickstarter is.

I have no idea if he’s committing large-scale fraud.
I agree with you that he’s a complete, scamming moronic lazy failure.

What's the scam then? I mean, I figured you'd say the tax thing had weight, doesn't seem like it though, so what's the scam? Like what's he trying to accomplish? You said yourself it doesn't seem to be money. You seem to be leaning away, in your wording, from the tax situation, so what's the scam? Who's he scamming exactly? And for what? This doesn't make any damn sense.

he wants investors? For what? To scam them? For what? The money he doesn't need? To what....just continue to fuck around in Unreal? I mean, for real, who is he scamming? You said he's barely sold anything. Why need investors? What's he trying to make? What's the scam? Just lay it out, that's all I'm asking. Lay out what the scam is. Clear this all up.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I mean.. how does that not also apply to the terrible asset flips he's attempted to sell in the past?

He failed to make any money.. and if anyone looked into his past.. they'd see he charged money for garbage that he'd lied about.

Why are you guys acting like this is some great point at this point, when.. of course he hasn't charged any money yet.. he hasn't released his game.

And being terrible at scamming people doesn't make you not a scammer. See: his asset flip scams that didn't make anything resembling real money.

I think that is also part of it as well, I love the theory that they essentially bought his name from him.

I think the theory that Sony could not surely be fooled in to bringing this clown on with a PS5 "Exclusive", not something they do for any game really is very interesting. Surely someone at Sony, Herman Hulst, the hundreds/thousands of talented developers went "Who the fuck is this guy, and why is he getting a PS Blog post etc.". That is what makes me think this cannot be some asset flip game, otherwise he is a fantastic conman and it's still a great story :)

I think that is also part of it as well, I love the theory that they essentially bought his name from him.

I think the theory that Sony could not surely be fooled in to bringing this clown on with a PS5 "Exclusive", not something they do for any game really is very interesting. Surely someone at Sony, Herman Hulst, the hundreds/thousands of talented developers went "Who the fuck is this guy, and why is he getting a PS Blog post etc.". That is what makes me think this cannot be some asset flip game, otherwise he is a fantastic conman and it's still a great story :)
It’s completely astounding to me there are people on here who still think this is Kojima, or anything other than a pile of trash that we’ve likely heard the last of.

Last edited:
How was he going to make a dime off of the asset flip garbage that nobody notice existed and he only sold a handful of copies of?

His whole history was of him being an idiot who wasn't in any way on a path to make real money... so why would it be any different now?

It's all preposterous that any of his other asset flip scams were going to work either; it being idiotic doesn't make it any less what happened.. and doesn't make it less logical that what he's doing now is similar.

There's little chance this is what he depends on for income.. otherwise, he'd be homeless already.
I mean, so he couldn't make a dime off his asset flip garbage? Yet he was trying to get investors? But he didn't need income, otherwise he'd be homeless already? He has a history of him being an idiot, and yet he is a scammer who's commiting a scam to....no one knows what? Like dude, this doesn't make any damn sense.

He did his best to dissociate himself from last projects: removing them from steam etc, but webarchives breathe. He’s just stupid and lazy.
He would have just made a new company. This doesn't make sense. If this were a fraud he wouldn't continue to use the same company. Erasing the games doesn't make them not exist. We could find them. I mean come on. This is just simple logic.

And for someone so dumb he sure got a lot of marketing attention out of you and everyone else here.

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member
He would have just made a new company. This doesn't make sense. If this were a fraud he wouldn't continue to use the same company. Erasing the games doesn't make them not exist. We could find them. I mean come on. This is just simple logic.

And for someone so dumb he sure got a lot of marketing attention out of you and everyone else here.
You’re using logic. He doesn’t. He’s a Dutch pothead with looks and probably old family money.

GHG

Gold Member
Yeah, reality is dull, we know. It’s dull that the earth is not flat but it’s what we have.
The earth being flat would be pretty dull actually because that would mean no day/night cycles, no seasons, no space. Actual important shit.

This on the other hand is just a bunch of us fucking around on the Internet talking about videogames so why be boring?

On the 10th.

The "shortest trailer ever" bit is pretty interesting. He didn't even say his shortest ever trailer. And that was just a few hours before Blue Balls tweeted this:

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
It’s completely astounding to me there are people on here who still think this is Kojima, or anything other than a pile of trash that we’ve likely heard the last of.

I find it astounding that Sony have not pulled this from the PSN then if it is a big pile of crap and we have heard the last of it, it is the highest trending app on PSN right now.

I don't care if I am proven wrong but I just want to know.

IntentionalPun

What's the scam then? I mean, I figured you'd say the tax thing had weight, doesn't seem like it though, so what's the scam? Like what's he trying to accomplish? You said yourself it doesn't seem to be money. You seem to be leaning away, in your wording, from the tax situation, so what's the scam? Who's he scamming exactly? And for what? This doesn't make any damn sense.

he wants investors? For what? To scam them? For what? The money he doesn't need? To what....just continue to fuck around in Unreal? I mean, for real, who is he scamming? You said he's barely sold anything. Why need investors? What's he trying to make? What's the scam? Just lay it out, that's all I'm asking. Lay out what the scam is. Clear this all up.
The scam is to lie about a product and sell it for money when the product doesn't fit the lies. That's a scam whether it makes him millions or pennies, just by what that word means...

Same with lying about your qualifications to get investors.

I never said his goal wasn't money.. just that he has clearly been terrible at making any money out of it.. and it's unlikely to be something he's dedicated all that much time to in the first place, so he may never have had that high of expectations to actually make a bunch of cash. Maybe it's fun for him to play pretend either way.

And maybe he has hoped in the past to get real investors, enough money to hire real developers.. because he wants to be a game developer. It would still be a scam, if what I beleive to be true is true... that he doesn't really have 10 employees, has never hired voice actors, or acquired motion capture technology, etc.. because he'd have gotten that investment based on lies, whether he turned it into a real game or not.

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member
I find it astounding that Sony have not pulled this from the PSN then if it is a big pile of crap and we have heard the last of it, it is the highest trending app on PSN right now.

Why are you surprised that it’s the highest trending app? We surely have seen more stupid things go viral?

Sony is having their life of the black tiger moment, PS5 era.

Last edited:

It's the highest trending? I mean that, plus Shu, means there's absolutely no way they don't know what's going on. Yet they haven't said a thing. I mean, maybe their monitoring it, but if this was some kind of scam it's kinda hard for him to get away with anything at this point. Unless the point is:
The scam is to lie about a product and sell it for money when the product doesn't fit the lies. That's a scam whether it makes him millions or pennies, just by what that word means...

Same with lying about your qualifications to get investors.

I never said his goal wasn't money.. just that he has clearly been terrible at making any money out of it.. and it's unlikely to be something he's dedicated all that much time to in the first place, so he may never have had that high of expectations to actually make a bunch of cash. Maybe it's fun for him to play pretend either way.

And maybe he has hoped in the past to get real investors, enough money to hire real developers.. because he wants to be a game developer. It would still be a scam, if what I beleive to be true is true... that he doesn't really have 10 employees, has never hired voice actors, or acquired motion capture technology, etc.. because he'd have gotten that investment based on lies, whether he turned it into a real game or not.
So, you think, just to condense it, that he ultimately wants to scam his way into being a developer? Like kinda "The Room" of video games? That kind of thing?

Fair enough. Thank you for laying it out what you think the scam is. I won't argue it. We've discussed, you have valid evidence to support your stance on it.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

I mean, so he couldn't make a dime off his asset flip garbage? Yet he was trying to get investors? But he didn't need income, otherwise he'd be homeless already? He has a history of him being an idiot, and yet he is a scammer who's commiting a scam to....no one knows what? Like dude, this doesn't make any damn sense.
My point is that he absoltutely did:

1) Release asset flip games that he lied about
2) Anyone with half a brain would know that wasn't going to make him any real money

And yet... he did try that anyways.. more than once.. and made no real money either time.

So pointing out that he's an idiot if he thinks he'll make any money after this, is only pointing out what we already know.. that he's an idiot who has tried to make money w/ shitty asset flips.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The earth being flat would be pretty dull actually because that would mean no day/night cycles, no seasons, no space. Actual important shit.

This on the other hand is just a bunch of us fucking around on the Internet talking about videogames so why be boring?

The "shortest trailer ever" bit is pretty interesting. He didn't even say his shortest ever trailer. And that was just a few hours before Blue Balls tweeted this:

where is 4k60 and apocalyptica part then

My point is that he absoltutely did:

1) Release asset flip games that he lied about
2) Anyone with half a brain would know that wasn't going to make him any real money

And yet... he did try that anyways.. more than once.. and made no real money either time.

So pointing out that he's an idiot if he thinks he'll make any money after this, is only pointing out what we already know.. that he's an idiot who has tried to make money w/ shitty asset flips.
Okay, to address this:

1. Yes, he did. We all acknowledge that.
2. Okay, we also acknowledge that.

So how does he parlay 1 and 2 into....getting investors again, cause I'm assuming that could be the only other goal considering the other 2 are such obvious failures? I guess where I lose you is how he actually pulls this off. I mean, I guess you may argue he doesn't because he's incompetent so he keeps fucking up, but I mean try try try again right? Is that it?

Cause I guess, myself, and I'm sure some others, find that a little bit less plausible than a lot of the other theories, no matter how insane that may sound to yourself or anyone else for that matter.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

So, you think, just to condense it, that he ultimately wants to scam his way into being a developer? Like kinda "The Room" of video games? That kind of thing?

Fair enough. Thank you for laying it out what you think the scam is. I won't argue it. We've discussed, you have valid evidence to support your stance on it.
I didn't say that's what I think; I said it's one possibility.

Maybe his goal all along was to get a real investment at some point and cut and run.. maybe he thought one of his asset flip garbage games would actually sell well.

In either scenario he's a bit of an idiot.

What's readily apparent is that he's lied in doing both things.. lied about his company while asking for investors.. and lied about products he charged money for. AKA he's a scammer.

For all we know he could have been in high school when he started doing this. lol

IntentionalPun

Okay, to address this:

1. Yes, he did. We all acknowledge that.
2. Okay, we also acknowledge that.

So how does he parlay 1 and 2 into....getting investors again, cause I'm assuming that could be the only other goal considering the other 2 are such obvious failures? I guess where I lose you is how he actually pulls this off. I mean, I guess you may argue he doesn't because he's incompetent so he keeps fucking up, but I mean try try try again right? Is that it?

Cause I guess, myself, and I'm sure some others, find that a little bit less plausible than a lot of the other theories, no matter how insane that may sound to yourself or anyone else for that matter.
He won't pull it off.. he never had a chance of pulling it off.

I'm not sure what you aren't getting here.. this guy is a grade A moron, so what he thinks he can "pull off" isn't going to follow any sort of logic.

IntentionalPun

There never will be a game out of this.

No Silent Hill
No MGS

But you were all teased into thinking one was coming.. from Kojima.. or both were coming.

By a game called "Abandoned"

Kojima actually isn't involved.

This is all Konami's doing.

Because of how.. Kojima..

ABDONED THEM

I didn't say that's what I think; I said it's one possibility.

Maybe his goal all along was to get a real investment at some point and cut and run.. maybe he thought one of his asset flip garbage games would actually sell well.

In either scenario he's a bit of an idiot.

What's readily apparent is that he's lied in doing both things.. lied about his company while asking for investors.. and lied about products he charged money for. AKA he's a scammer.

For all we know he could have been in high school when he started doing this. lol
Okay, so he's a bit of an idiot right. But this idiot, got into a deal with Sony to release this app, also got Nuare involved, got himself a sony blog post, scored himself an interview with Geoff and Jason, as well as others, has managed to spin off an amost 200 page thread here, as well as Reddit, twitter, etc, and got everyone immediately interested in what he was doing by alluding to SH/MGS? I mean, honestly, who's the idiot Hasan or all of us that have clearly been following everything he's been doing since that trailer dropped? For such an idiotic guy, he sure knew how to market the hell out of that game for maximum effect. I mean for someone so dumb he sure must have some magical ability to keep Konami from ever responding to anyone. That's crazy how dumb he is. Shu must feel stupid, for having been played by someone so dumb too. Damn. That sucks. Sony really needs to take a look in the mirror for ever allowing something so dumb. Jason too. Geoff maybe.

I guess everyone gets lucky if they do it enough, right?

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
The other fucking annoying thing some members of teamnofunallowed is doing is the derogatory argument that if you think something might be going on here then you believe a bunch of other irrelevant conspiracy theories. I would recommend everyone ignored those trolls and be thankful they revealed themselves so willingly.

IntentionalPun

I mean, honestly, who's the idiot Hasan or all of us that have clearly been following everything he's been doing since that trailer dropped?
I'm sorry.. but you really left yourself open here...

"Why not both?"

(kidding, mean no offense)

Some of that post isn't even accurate though.. there is no deal with Sony.. there were no interviews by Geoff or Jason.. the rest is just circular stuff we've been over 1000 times. The blog post created a mild conspiracy theory, it died down.. so he posted "S____ ____L" to Twitter.. everything else happened after that. That doesn't suddenly make him not an idiot for trying to sell terrible asset flip garbage.

The fact most of this happened after that "S____ ____L" tweet has had me scratching my head this entire time.. it's so blatantly obvious a reference to Silent Hill.. how is that a bread crumb? How is that some mysterious reveal? It's a guy obviously trying to keep a conspiracy theory alive because it's the only thing he's ever gotten attention for. (IMO) i'm not going to call you an idiot, but it's certainly not logical to conclude that such a heavy handed Silent Hill reference is actually Kojima trying to do some brilliant bread crumb leaving.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Okay I'm signing off on this, deleting the app etc.
I don't even care if it's some secret Silent Hill or anything they're taking the piss and wasting our time.
They've having technical problems with a goddamn trailer for fuck sakes

tommib

Gold Member
The other fucking annoying thing some members of teamnofunallowed is doing is the derogatory argument that if you think something might be going on here then you believe a bunch of other irrelevant conspiracy theories. I would recommend everyone ignored those trolls and be thankful they revealed themselves so willingly.
Revealing what exactly?

I'm sorry.. but you really left yourself open here...

"Why not both?"

(kidding, mean no offense)

Some of that post isn't even accurate though.. there is no deal with Sony.. there were no interviews by Geoff or Jason.. the rest is just circular stuff we've been over 1000 times. The blog post created a mild conspiracy theory, it died down.. so he posted "S____ ____L" to Twitter.. everything else happened after that. That doesn't suddenly make him not an idiot for trying to sell terrible asset flip garbage.

The fact most of this happened after that "S____ ____L" tweet has had me scratching my head this entire time.. it's so blatantly obvious a reference to Silent Hill.. how is that a bread crumb? How is that some mysterious reveal? It's a guy obviously trying to keep a conspiracy theory alive because it's the only thing he's ever gotten attention for. (IMO) i'm not going to call you an idiot, but it's certainly not logical to conclude that such a heavy handed Silent Hill reference is actually Kojima trying to do some brilliant bread crumb leaving.

I mean even Jason saying I left with more questions than answers is ensuring that this stayed alive ffs.

I mean I didn't just make that shit up, dude. The deal with Sony is the right to publish and app/game on their platform.

The fact that you didn't know about the fact that he talked to Jason or Geoff makes me wonder how much you don't know about all of this, tbh.
uMt2E5e.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom