• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vae_Victis

Banned
I have a theory about that game...
Seeing how bad it is I thought it was the game made by the son/daughter/niece/nephew of someone important at Sony.
And the person greenlighting it was like "happy birthday you got published", like the parents hanging ugly drawings done by their kids on the fridge.
I think it is one of the most plausible explanation....That or a night of drinking that ended badly for the greenlighting team.
There's way more than just one terrible game on the PS Store, some arguably worse than Life of Black Tiger (google "Gilson B Pontes games"). Mostly were simply not publicized as much (because they never featured on the official PS youtube) so most people don't know about them.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Nah. A few is a small amount or a handful. 3-5 hours IMO.
That is “couple of hours”.
Few hours can be something between 3 and 7 hours or even a bit more.

I see these expressions like that:

- I will be there in less than a hour = that probably means between 10 and 60 minutes.

- I will be there in a couple of hours: something between 2 and 4 hours?

- I will be there in a few hours: something between 3 and 8 hours?

- I will be there in several hours: something over 9 hours?

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
There's way more than just one terrible game on the PS Store, some arguably worse than Life of Black Tiger (google "Gilson B Pontes games"). Mostly were simply not publicized as much (because they never featured on the official PS youtube) so most people don't know about them.
Alright then switch greelight team with youtube team.But yeah every platforms has awful games...I remember one of my friend (he is a biker) bought ride to hell retribution...I don't know if you know about this game ... Well it is a literal ride to hell playing this game.I think it was the worst game I have ever played beside the addam's family dudley adventure or something like that (fuck those canonball levels).

baphomet

I have a theory about that game...
Seeing how bad it is I thought it was the game made by the son/daughter/niece/nephew of someone important at Sony.
And the person greenlighting it was like "happy birthday you got published", like the parents hanging ugly drawings done by their kids on the fridge.
I think it is one of the most plausible explanation....That or a night of drinking that ended badly for the greenlighting team.

There's a huge amount of trash on all 3 major stores. Far worse than Abandoned will be.

RaduN

Just droping a small coment here (so my email will alert me of new messages).
This whole mistery is quite exciting, and while everything is pretty foggy, that blured image of what seems to be an eye patched person is the most intriguing aspect in my opinion.

i swear if we get nothing today, hasan will have this to look forward to tonight

cat squirrel GIF

Airbus Jr

Banned
JcwT0ye.jpg

This is from Abandoned video

Gods Town​

Myth3.jpgBIOGRAPHY

FULL NAME:​

God

OTHER NAMES:​

• Creator of Paradise
  • Lord of Serpents and Reeds
  • The Holy Mother
  • Samael

Female

Deity

Unknown

AFFILIATIONS:​

BEHIND THE SCENES​

DEBUT:​

ALSO IN:​

Wiki Targeted (Games)​

02:BIOGRAPHY

God

• Creator of Paradise
  • The Holy Mother
  • Samael

Female

Deity

Unknown

BEHIND THE SCENES​

LESS

This article is about the deity worshiped by the Order. For the enemies representing this figure, see Alessa's Dream, The god, Incubator or Incubus. For this being in the comic universe, see Samael (comics).

God is the mysterious sun goddess worshiped among many members of the Order and has played a significantly antagonistic role throughout the Silent Hill series. She is often mentioned in the games revolving around religion, rather than games such as Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill: Downpour.
She may be responsible for giving Alessa Gillespie her supernatural powers, as well as watching over the town of Silent Hill, Maine and influencing the area with supernatural properties, however, it is a mystery to how far God's role extends, and if She truly exists. James Sunderland in Silent Hill 2 mentions that the old gods of the town have not left the place and they still grant power to those who venerate them.

Last edited:

JimRyanGOAT

JcwT0ye.jpg

Gods Town​

Myth3.jpgBIOGRAPHY

God

• Creator of Paradise
  • The Holy Mother
  • Samael

Female

Deity

Unknown

BEHIND THE SCENES​

Wiki Targeted (Games)​

God

• Creator of Paradise
  • The Holy Mother
  • Samael

Female

Deity

Unknown

BEHIND THE SCENES​

LESS

This article is about the deity worshiped by the Order. For the enemies representing this figure, see Alessa's Dream, The god, Incubator or Incubus. For this being in the comic universe, see Samael (comics).

God is the mysterious sun goddess worshiped among many members of the Order and has played a significantly antagonistic role throughout the Silent Hill series. She is often mentioned in the games revolving around religion, rather than games such as Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill: Downpour.
She may be responsible for giving Alessa Gillespie her supernatural powers, as well as watching over the town of Silent Hill, Maine and influencing the area with supernatural properties, however, it is a mystery to how far God's role extends, and if She truly exists. James Sunderland in Silent Hill 2 mentions that the old gods of the town have not left the place and they still grant power to those who venerate them.
I always thought the trailer was heavily referencing the order from SH

But it doesn't really gets talked about much

But according to Hassan that was a teaser for a teaser

And now he has another teaser for a teaser

So so far we've gotten a teaser for a teaser for another teaser for possibly one final teaser

Last edited:

THE:MILKMAN

- I will be there in less than a hour = that probably means between 10 and 60 minutes.

Yes they're fine (though 'several' is another phrase for a few for me) but a few hours doesn't equal 48. That is then days!

It has now been ~6 hours since the banner update was spotted so I expect it to go live in the next ~2 hours at most or it is another failure to launch for Hasan.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Getting a blog post and video is part of the Partners program with PlayStation. Some of these games make a Ride to Hell look like AAAA blockbuster.
I disagree those game might look awfull and probably play terribly, but the promises are hold with their trailers, Ride to hell s the most broken game I've ever played.Even though I heard not so great things about that fast and furious game.

xion4360

Couple - an indefinite small number. essentially an estimate, because its said ahead of time to set an expectation.
"he hoped she'd be better in a couple of days" · 
synonyms:
a few · two or three · a small number of 

So likely between 2 and 3...not exactly 2..its an estimate so if you said "a couple" it could also end up being 1...but no more than 3...if it took more than 3 you would be considered incorrect in your estimate.

3 or 4 would be a few but its also not an exact number, could be 2-5..any more you would likely be considered wrong again.

beyond that it seems to get pretty subjective...some might be 5 to 7 and several could be 5-10...

Last edited:

nero2082

FEW HOURS prediction :

- 8 PM BST - original vanilla reveal just like August 10th
- 12 PM BST - midnight ooooh so spoooky and satanistic, it just makes sense

drop it Hasan Hideo

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I just dont understand why they bother at all with the website... why update the website and not twitter. That website is... nothing

GuinGuin

Banned
I enjoyed most of what I played, I don't find SH to be that scary tbh but super interesting to play through, I loved 2 the most and I kinda enjoyed the Wii games

Wow. I think 2 is not only the scariest game ever made but scarier than any movie. Did you play it alone in the dark after midnight as recommended?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
JcwT0ye.jpg

Gods Town​

Myth3.jpgBIOGRAPHY

God

• Creator of Paradise
  • The Holy Mother
  • Samael

Female

Deity

Unknown

BEHIND THE SCENES​

Wiki Targeted (Games)​

God

• Creator of Paradise
  • The Holy Mother
  • Samael

Female

Deity

Unknown

BEHIND THE SCENES​

LESS

I said this last month and not even a single like or quote 😩
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/s___...-few-hours-13th-august.1610519/post-263978233

Wanna go deeper?
180-Pailing.jpg

1207 Silent Hollow, San Antonio, TX 78260, USA https://g.co/kgs/6AiGQR
LVmqkgf.jpg

I'm reaching 😅

Last edited:

SCB3

Wow. I think 2 is not only the scariest game ever made but scarier than any movie. Did you play it alone in the dark after midnight as recommended?
Yep, I get why its scary for some people but I don't find that kind of horror (or Eldritch horror either) that scary, more interesting and creepy

The Scariest game I've played must still be Alien Isolation

Nickolaidas

I always thought that a couple of hours was 1-2 hours. It can also mean 4??

GuinGuin

Banned
Yep, I get why its scary for some people but I don't find that kind of horror (or Eldritch horror either) that scary, more interesting and creepy

The Scariest game I've played must still be Alien Isolation
I liked the atmosphere but didn't find Isolation scary at all just irritating with all the hiding required.

Top Bottom