• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bender

What time is it?
Moby Dick was white bruv.

Sperm whales were already a major part of the "beach" theme in DS. They're in the very first teaser.

200.gif

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Wait for ……., the team real madlib. After state of play is nothing, what’s next?
This thread will never die! Blue Box and Hasan will disappear after the official announcement - just like Moby Dick and Joakim Mogren. This time tho', only the true believers will know the truth - that Abandoned all along were a marketing stunt for Silent Hills and MGS! The clues were there from the start - TeamFake just couldn't grasp the reality - therefore, this thread is forever.

Dance Dancing GIF by Soul Train

Last edited:
This thread will never die! Blue Box and Hasan will disappear after the official announcement - just like Moby Dick and Joakim Mogren. This time tho', only the true believers will know the truth - that Abandoned all along were a marketing stunt for Silent Hills and MGS! The clues were there from the start - TeamFake just couldn't grasp the reality - therefore, this thread is forever.

Dance Dancing GIF by Soul Train
Snl Reaction GIF

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
What a load of nonsense. We all know Abandoned is where they are going to debut the next God of War trailer. How could it just disappear?

Papa has his sources.

tommib

Gold Member
It’s ok, guys. I always said I would be here with words of kindness. Hasan tricked you. It’s ok. We love you. People fall for time-sharing scams all the time. It’s ok. We love the cheated because their purity and innocence should be taken as something to aspire for. Embrace the disappointment and the Hasan exploit. We love you.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
This tweet was released before the 10 second Abandoned trailer, we now know 100% it wasn’t referring to massively long Death Stranding trailer.

Unless tonight’s reveal was a gameplay preview and the launch trailer that HK referred to is yet to be released…

Last edited:

DeepSpace5D

It’s ok, guys. I always said I would be here with words of kindness. Hasan tricked you. It’s ok. We love you. People fall for time-sharing scams all the time. It’s ok. We love the cheated because their purity and innocence should be taken as something to aspire for. Embrace the disappointment and the Hasan exploit. We love you.
The best thing about being cheated by Hasan is he doesn’t ask a dime for his troubles.

DarthPutin

So team Real decided to take the whale, common symbol in DS, as a nod to Moby Dick studio? Well, that's one way to keep a dream alive! /philosophical

As for the trailer, I thought we knew it wasn't ready and set for September? IIRC.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
TeamReal, don't listen to this deserter! He'll come right back to the fold, when Silent Hills and MGS is announced. - or, he'll stand his ground with the TeamCoincidence. We can't help a man who jump ship, whenever he feels like it.

angry go away GIF

Msamy

(What truth Will sam unfold in the mysteries facility) they said that in the trailer , also there some words written in the walls in the mission in that trailer( enter at your own risk) , (leave or die ), (kill all), (stay ok),( death to !!!!!!) , ( blurred (hill ) word written in some wall instead of kill) warning banner with (all person entering !!!! liable to search ),(any suspcious material found !!!!!) , Also there are photo of blurred guy alongside that old woman in the photos at the the end of trailer ), that whale scene, now I am pretty sure that either silent hill or mgs or both Will announced in DS DC I am now 100 % team real

Last edited:

Beelzebubs

If team fake is right, I would urge the Netherlands authorities to do an investigation on Blue Box Games. Because there is no way they legally were able to survive 6 years with minimal outcome and even were able to grow for this project and collect from somewhere around 250,000 Euro. Like team fake says they probably survive via the money they get from the government, but the government is surely not do stupid to pay them money for 6 years for failure after failure.
A government paying for 6 years of minimal outcome sounds a bit like our government over here in the UK.

yurinka

What a load of nonsense. We all know Abandoned is where they are going to debut the next God of War trailer. How could it just disappear?

Papa has his sources.
Easy: Hasan is Turkish, in the next trailer he removes his mask and Hasan really is Cory Barlog! Next GoW arc to be set in Turkish mythology confirmed!

I have no idea about Turkish mithology, it may not even exist but I assume they wil have some

I don’t know why Team Fake thinks that it’s over. We got a cryptic tease, where the Geoff tweet basically confirms that there is more to it.

I am not surprised that we didn’t learned anything new, because if it is what we think it is Sony would not drop such a bomb at an event where they are barely presented. That’s why I also doubt that we will get something tomorrow. I think Sony will announce it at their next event, which is still rumored for September but since it’s already delayed multiple times according to rumors, who knows.

Also although Kojima tweets a lot about Death Stranding DC, he seems not to care much about it, it’s still strange for me that this was hyped like nothing else and all it was was a new trailer but not even a prerecorded appearance from Kojima.

8BiTw0LF

Banned

Nicolas Winding Refn with toy rabbits..

Kojima-san has been talking a lot with him lately. Maybe NWR is the new co-director of Silent Hills.

Last edited:

Zathalus

I've got a question. Why does everybody so desperately want a new Silent Hill game? The last really good game came out in May 2003, over 18 freaking years ago. The last 5 games since Silent Hill 4 were all rather average, with the latest (Downpour) being rather shit.

Yes, I agree that Kojima makes good games, but wouldn't an original horror game from him be so much more interesting? He won't be shackled by the Silent Hill name or legacy and will be free to come up with his own take on horror, especially if he is working with Guillermo del Toro. Death Stranding proves he can come up with an awesome, original setting, so I would rather have something fresh.

Also, considering the very bad blood between Kojima and Konami, it seems unlikely that he personally would want to work with any of their franchises again.

Corndog

Banned
I don’t know why Team Fake thinks that it’s over. We got a cryptic tease, where the Geoff tweet basically confirms that there is more to it.

I am not surprised that we didn’t learned anything new, because if it is what we think it is Sony would not drop such a bomb at an event where they are barely presented. That’s why I also doubt that we will get something tomorrow. I think Sony will announce it at their next event, which is still rumored for September but since it’s already delayed multiple times according to rumors, who knows.
Geoff never exaggerates anything.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I've got a question. Why does everybody so desperately want a new Silent Hill game? The last really good game came out in May 2003, over 18 freaking years ago. The last 5 games since Silent Hill 4 were all rather average, with the latest (Downpour) being rather shit.

Yes, I agree that Kojima makes good games, but wouldn't an original horror game from him be so much more interesting? He won't be shackled by the Silent Hill name or legacy and will be free to come up with his own take on horror, especially if he is working with Guillermo del Toro. Death Stranding proves he can come up with an awesome, original setting, so I would rather have something fresh.

Also, considering the very bad blood between Kojima and Konami, it seems unlikely that he personally would want to work with any of their franchises again.
I really don't know.
I think people secretly want the game Kojima was "making". Except he only made PT and he made it to secretly shit on Konami letting him go "dad was such a drag". Dad is Konami,
Downpour was bad.
Silent Hill 2,3 and 4 all played like dogshit because of forced terrible combat. Fantastic games otherwise.

People don't know what they want. They are not creative enough and only cling to what they know. Look at Death Stranding. New IP, new mechanics, new imaginative story. I would prefer new stuff like this over inevitably bad silent hill next game

CuNi

I really don't know.
I think people secretly want the game Kojima was "making". Except he only made PT and he made it to secretly shit on Konami letting him go "dad was such a drag". Dad is Konami,
Downpour was bad.
Silent Hill 2,3 and 4 all played like dogshit because of forced terrible combat. Fantastic games otherwise.

People don't know what they want. They are not creative enough and only cling to what they know. Look at Death Stranding. New IP, new mechanics, new imaginative story. I would prefer new stuff like this over inevitably bad silent hill next game

While I agree with you on everything like needing more creative games, new IPs, mechanics etc. I have to disagree with you when it comes to using Death Stranding as a example.
While it was a bold experiment and I know there are some people out there that greatly enjoyed the experience etc. I just don't think it was or will be appreciated by the majority of gamers.
It was more of a experience than a game. The whole delivery Idea of the game was bland and boring if you ask me. But obviously different people like different things and even while I hated DS, I hope we will see more people depart from traditional "Installment XYZ of Franchise" and just "see where it goes" with their creativity.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Silent Hill has the great gaming formula, of having open/connected areas that are closed off until you solve the puzzles. Kind of like Souls games but without the bosses and RPG mechanics.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
While I agree with you on everything like needing more creative games, new IPs, mechanics etc. I have to disagree with you when it comes to using Death Stranding as a example.
While it was a bold experiment and I know there are some people out there that greatly enjoyed the experience etc. I just don't think it was or will be appreciated by the majority of gamers.
It was more of a experience than a game. The whole delivery Idea of the game was bland and boring if you ask me. But obviously different people like different things and even while I hated DS, I hope we will see more people depart from traditional "Installment XYZ of Franchise" and just "see where it goes" with their creativity.
oh it is FOR SURE not for everyone. Just like tlou2.
But that's the risk I am willing to take. You know - I will either love or hate new game but at least it's not mediocre, dry repetition.
I can 100% see why people dislike Death Stranding while loving it myself.

Silent Hill is my favorite gaming franchise of all time. I played the first 3 so many times. Yes after 4 it went downhill but the reason is that these games were outsourced to western studious who had no idea how Japanese horror works.

Silent hill just understood it that what you don't see and don't understands scare you.

I also think that Silent Hill will more address older players who grew up with the games. It will be a challenge to appear to the younger generation for sure.

Last edited:

If you have to ask that question then you haven't played PT

I want a new silent hill because it has a great aesthetic, and a strong hook. It’s character driven horror, about battling personal demons and coming to terms with real life horrors, a bridge between monsters that are metaphors and the realities they represent.

I do not want Hasan’s Hills.

I do not believe Kojima has anything to do with Abandoned or Hasan.

Top Bottom