• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ParaSeoul

Kojimas interview on horror

He mentions PT,

"I think it's much harder to make people laugh or encourage them than to scare them. If you push the key point a little and use the equation, you can produce fear. It's easy to create that kind of surface horror, but I think there are other really scary things besides the horror genre. For example, wouldn't it be scary if someone you knew had an attitude like a different person? I'm scared to confront an unknown situation that I don't understand. The horror game "PT" that I made earlier was delivered suddenly by setting up a fictitious studio so that I couldn't tell who made it. The user must have been afraid of the "unknown". I'm scared by nature, so I understand the core of scary. That's why I think it's possible to make horror works".

ParaSeoul

I played PT and it was great, but it basically could have been the exact same thing and have nothing to do with Silent Hill. Nothing is stopping Kojima from creating a brand new IP in the vein of PT.
The full game wasn't supposed to play like PT.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
The point still stands though, nothing Kojima does with a horror game needs to be tied to the Silent Hill name.

And Kojima has been talking about making a horror game since 2019.

So he's probably been working on one.

But some of the people here are here more for SH than they are Kojima. And either way this thread is more about a puzzle people have envisioned involving Silent Hill + MGS + Kojima "coincidences" than a real game.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

could we possibly get anything today?
Would be incredibly odd.. Team Real were hyping the Future Games Show weeks back which was silly as.. it's an actual indie showcase lol

The guy who runs it has pointed out articles about Abandoned being an indie game too.

So it's possible they planned to show Abandoned at some point, but doubtful Hasan has anything worth showing lol

Skyfox

could we possibly get anything today?
I think the whale last night will be all we get for at least a week.

Personally I'm wondering if Kojima is just trying to say Sony got SH and MGS licenced from Konami.

Like when Reggie wore that metroid badge back when Im guessing they signed the Return Of Samus contract.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I think the whale last night will be all we get for at least a week.

Personally I'm wondering if Kojima is just trying to say Sony got SH and MGS licenced from Konami.

Like when Reggie wore that metroid badge back when Im guessing they signed the Return Of Samus contract.
Whale is just an enemy in Death stranding

SafeOrAlone

Banned
He mentions PT,

"I think it's much harder to make people laugh or encourage them than to scare them. If you push the key point a little and use the equation, you can produce fear. It's easy to create that kind of surface horror, but I think there are other really scary things besides the horror genre. For example, wouldn't it be scary if someone you knew had an attitude like a different person? I'm scared to confront an unknown situation that I don't understand. The horror game "PT" that I made earlier was delivered suddenly by setting up a fictitious studio so that I couldn't tell who made it. The user must have been afraid of the "unknown". I'm scared by nature, so I understand the core of scary. That's why I think it's possible to make horror works".
I absolutely love this line of thinking. I've been thinking of how some of the most chilling moments in movies to me aren't from the horror genre. For example: 2001: A Space Odyssey has some pretty eerie parts that stuck with me.

ParaSeoul

I absolutely love this line of thinking. I've been thinking of how some of the most chilling moments in movies to me aren't from the horror genre. For example: 2001: A Space Odyssey has some pretty eerie parts that stuck with me.
Its a really good interview,too bad most people here are too busy focussed on discourse.

IntentionalPun

He mentions PT,

This is really contrived lol Some earlier lines of his article seems to be leading up to this contrivance too.

(talking about the part where the fictitious studio somehow made the user afraid)

Last edited:

reksveks

Nah.. All we saw so far were already announced. We have not seen anything new from Sony yet so any big news is going to come from a Sony Show.
Talking about the fact that if it is shown at Future Game Show then it is more likely to be an indie than a bigger deal.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

I'm gonna say they shouldn't have teased it with "abandon your plans" if it's not there.
Perhaps they did plan on showing the indie game, Abandoned.

Hasan not exactly known for producing content worthy of showing at a game con at all, let alone on a schedule lol

BTW the guy running FGS made a point to tweet this:

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

This is really contrived lol Some earlier lines of his article seems to be leading up to this contrivance too.

(talking about the part where the fictitious studio somehow made the user afraid)
What are your thoughts on Geoff's text line responding to both "Kojima" and "Abandoned" but nothing else related to gamescom?

IntentionalPun

What are your thoughts on Geoff's text line responding to both "Kojima" and "Abandoned" but nothing else related to gamescom?
He is friends with Kojima and it was marketing for Death Stranding... the "..." is probably because Geoff is trolling y'all for turning everything he does into an Abandoned reference. Not like dude doesn't see the endless twitter replies.

You respond "..." to people in chats as a way of doing a sort of "are you serious?" response.

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

Hasan not exactly known for producing content worthy of showing at a game con at all, let alone on a schedule lol

Wait no he was involved with Gamesradar who did the first one

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

He is friends with Kojima and it was marketing for Death Stranding... the "..." is probably because Geoff is trolling y'all for turning everything he does into an Abandoned reference. Not like dude doesn't see the endless twitter replies.

You respond "..." to people in chats as a way of doing a sort of "are you serious?" response.
Lot of effort just to do that,he was the one who got involved by messaging Hasan in the first place.

ParaSeoul

Text "Hasan" to (662) 854-0435

(took me less than 15 minutes to set this up)
Not what I meant,someone like Geoff even bothering to do something like that to have it mean nothing. Why would he continue to involve himself if this isn't related to anything else and is just some rando or scammer?

IntentionalPun

Not what I meant,someone like Geoff even bothering to do something like that to have it mean nothing. Why would he continue to involve himself if this isn't related to anything else and is just some rando or scammer?
BUT DID YOU TEXT HASAN????

(Geoff is referencing this because it's getting a ton of attention, and attention is how he makes money)

Nothing he's done is remotely a "lot of effort"...

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

(Geoff is referencing this because it's getting a ton of attention, and attention is how he makes money)

It didn't really get much attention now did it? Not like he tweeted hey guys theres some surprises in here. In a hypothetical situation where Abandoned were to be exposed as huge money laundering scheme would Geoff want to be involved in that?

MCermak

It's an effort, though. And clearly intended to provoke some kind of response.

Whether that's to troll, to troll for OGL hype, or to add fuel to the ruse cruse, we don't know. But it's undeniably an odd thing to do. I still think this is all nothing, but considering the media stories say Hasan is stressed out by this, depressed by it, the stress of his team, etc., it would be a pretty crappy thing for Geoff to do. He's too smart and too connected to not to realize it'd only rile people up and add to the "conspiracy".

Also, the whole "whale in the DS trailer being a reference to Moby Dick studios" thing is stupid. That's so tenuous. So esoteric. Even if it were a tease, which it's not, it would be so lame.

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

It's an effort, though. And clearly intended to provoke some kind of response.

Whether that's to troll, to troll for OGL hype, or to add fuel to the ruse cruse, we don't know. But it's undeniably an odd thing to do. I still think this is all nothing, but considering the media stories say Hasan is stressed out by this, depressed by it, the stress of his team, etc., it would be a pretty crappy thing for Geoff to do. He's too smart and too connected to not to realize it'd only rile people up and add to the "conspiracy".
If Geoff wanted to troll he'd be a lot more vague than that to avoid any liability.

IntentionalPun

lol.. liability

Hasan is absolutely full of shit and has no team.. that entire "woe is me" article was a bunch of lies to defend himself against the stuff going around pointing out he's an asset flip scammer.

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

lol.. liability

Hasan is absolutely full of shit and has no team.. that entire "woe is me" article was a bunch of lies to defend himself against the stuff going around pointing out he's an asset flip scammer.
If he is,Geoff got involved. Now would he risk that just for a few views if he truly didn't know what was happening at Blue Box?

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

If he is,Geoff got involved. Now would he risk that just for a few views?
Risk what?

Responding with "..." to people spamming his text number with things? Same group of people endlessly spamming his twitter every time he tweets? lol

The guy has said multiple times he knows nothing and has nothing to do with it.. he incurs zero risk or liability for anything..

This isnt' a money laundering scam either way lol

Last edited:

MCermak

The one thing we all agree on.
Absolutely. If this were meant to drum up hype, it's not following best practices. If this were anything, why wait until most of the interest has dropped off? It kind of feels like their window for maximum impact has already closed.

Circling back to the Geoff "..." thing for a second, I don't think there's any risk of liability. Liability for what, exactly? I do think that if it was just a troll (which is my guess), it's just sort of a petty thing to do to your fans/followers. And if this story is how the media has been reporting it, a crappy thing to do to Blue Box.

ParaSeoul

Risk what?

Responding with "..." to people spamming his text number with things? Same group of people endlessly spamming his twitter every time he tweets? lol

The guy has said multiple times he knows nothing and has nothing to do with it.. he incurs zero risk or liability for anything..
Literally only responds to Kojima and Abandoned,hes indirectly promoting what could be a scam if he didn't know anything. And you don't see the issue with that?

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Absolutely. If this were meant to drum up hype, it's not following best practices. If this were anything, why wait until most of the interest has dropped off? It kind of feels like their window for maximum impact has already closed.

Circling back to the Geoff "..." thing for a second, I don't think there's any risk of liability. Liability for what, exactly? I do think that if it was just a troll (which is my guess), it's just sort of a petty thing to do to your fans/followers. And if this story is how the media has been reporting it, a crappy thing to do to Blue Box.
The media printed one of Hasan's blatant lies intended to defend himself in that same woe is me article.

So the story is not as the media is reporting it.

IntentionalPun

Literally only responds to Kojima and Abandoned,hes indirectly promoting what could be a scam if he didn't know anything. And you don't see the issue with that?

I think it's kind of lame; but.. Geoff is kinda lame.. the dude hypes wet fart COD announcements for a living.

But Hasan is a failed "scammer'.. not someone swindling millions. There is no money laundering.. just shitty games he hypes as being more than they are that barely work that he has sold for a few bucks.

MCermak

The media printed one of Hasan's blatant lies intended to defend himself in that same woe is me article.

(reddit post)

So the story is not as the media is reporting it.
I agree, I think there is some serious issues with both the NME and IGN articles, very glaring gaps in terms of follow-up in both pieces.

I'm just saying, if we were to assume the claims in the stories stories were truthful for the sake of argument. Geoff continuing to feed into it with that text thing (and I think it's pretty easy to conclude that it feeds into it) would be bad form.

So I'm left to conclude, either Geoff don't give AF about Hasan being depressed, he knows it's all BS, or there is still something more going on here.

So not FGS then.
what’s the next target, Realers? Consult the tea leaves, give us another 100% sure date!

ParaSeoul

I agree, I think there is some serious issues with both the NME and IGN articles, very glaring gaps in terms of follow-up in both pieces.

I'm just saying, if we were to assume the claims in the stories stories were truthful for the sake of argument. Geoff continuing to feed into it with that text thing (and I think it's pretty easy to conclude that it feeds into it) would be bad form.

So I'm left to conclude, either Geoff don't give AF about Hasan being depressed, he knows it's all BS, or there is still something more going on here.
We have actual footage of Geoff mentioning Blue Box and Hasan and hes always smiling like an idiot in all of them,in his gamescom Q&A video he smiled more talking about Abandoned than the follow up question which was literally what his favourite upcoming game was.

Top Bottom