• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

emivita

I was looking for some information about this CREATEQ Interactive, and didn't found much except for this: http://www.createq.nl/wp/

fabb597f6cb84148da03b9edfbb5b56b.jpg

Does it look like Astrobot? At least partially? And they're based in the Netherlands too, so that can't be a coincidence?
If you find some details about the actual CREATEQ Interactive, please share, but for now this really stinks.

killatopak

Gold Member
My thoughts exactly.

The silence of Sony, Konami and Kojima on the matter make it more suspicious for me. At least Sony or Konami would have made an official deny communication if it was not SH or related. An official post from one of these and I jump off the train.

But for now...
fun love GIF by Albert Heijn
I just want to point out that Konami immediately denied any credibility of rumors of SH in the past when KatharsisT, Dusk Golem and that other leaker started those.

Konami seems awfully quiet and even promoting SH merchandise right now.

SkylineRKR

I just want to point out that Konami immediately denied any credibility of rumors of SH in the past when KatharsisT, Dusk Golem and that other leaker started those.

Konami seems awfully quiet and even promoting SH merchandise right now.

Because its very likely that an SH game is coming for real. Konami even said stay tuned. They trying to win gamers back lately, handing out IP. Castlevania will also get a new collection soon. Could be a collection, could be a new project or both.

But the question is if this dude is involved. Konami isn't obliged to respond to such a hack.

I’m living on Spain, we have the same timezone than Netherlands, and that tweet was tweeted at 1:10am. In fact the most tweets on the last days from that studio is around 1:00am to 4:00am on Netherlands.
Twitter runs on active hours which can be US oriented, plus he might be a night owl doing all his work in the middle of the night. That's beside the point, I was not talking about timezones in their tweets, I was repeating my post for people on different timezones waking up so that they see the stuff.

thehauntingLOG.jpg

I mean even their shitty game title design is infringing on Metal Gear Solid V(white) Phantom Pain (red) lol these guys (if they are more than 1 guy that is) are Kojima wannabes flipping designs and assets for their shitty early access dump fires. On Steam this game got highly negative reviews and then pulled down from the store and delisted... if that's not telling then I guess you are just in for the fun ride and not actually crazy.

emivita

I was looking for some information about this CREATEQ Interactive, and didn't found much except for this: http://www.createq.nl/wp/

fabb597f6cb84148da03b9edfbb5b56b.jpg

Does it look like Astrobot? At least partially? And they're based in the Netherlands too, so that can't be a coincidence?
If you find some details about the actual CREATEQ Interactive, please share, but for now this really stinks.

OH. MY. GOD. Guys, really, this can't be a coincidence.

626d5ab281f190e8d7b1f51665320df1.png

Go and check:

It's fucking Astrobot. No chance there's some other explanation.

Last edited:

GrayChild

thehauntingLOG.jpg

I mean even their shitty game title design is infringing on Metal Gear Solid V(white) Phantom Pain (red) lol these guys (if they are more than 1 guy that is) are Kojima wannabes flipping designs and assets for their shitty early access dump fires. On Steam this game got highly negative reviews and then pulled down from the store and delisted... if that's not telling then I guess you are just in for the fun ride and not actually crazy.

This does not answer the question why is Geoff Keighley so eager on promoting their games then.

SCB3

Because its very likely that an SH game is coming for real. Konami even said stay tuned. They trying to win gamers back lately, handing out IP. Castlevania will also get a new collection soon. Could be a collection, could be a new project or both.

But the question is if this dude is involved. Konami isn't obliged to respond to such a hack.
Not only that but COVID probably destroyed the Pachinko and Gym industries in Japan so with only PES being the only game Konami make, it makes sense to try and recoup some money from developing or even licensing their IP

This does not answer the question why is Geoff Keighley so eager on promoting their games then.
Dude if you realized he's backing off now, he was curious and eager in the beginning maybe thinking this is Kojima like the rest of us, but he has been saying 'guys truthfully this is not Kojima' for a day now AND in resetera a few days ago started this whole thing while saying 'guys this is not what you think it is'

Nothing in there is pointing he's continually eager to promote the game which is non-existent, he was hyping an expectancy but now for the last day he has been wating on pictures like the rest of us and started questioning like the rest of us.

That being said Geoff is not infallible, he is not a god, he is as excited as the rest of us with deep connections. What people start to uncover may have some truth but most of them are just crazy conjectures.

• Triggered
Reactions: amc
Oh BTW people still resting on the Blogpost as proof 'Sony is collaborating with them since 2015 like this grifter claims since they feature it so it must be true'

This is a game made by one person, his first game ever featured on PS Blog as PS4 exclusive just a few months after PS4 came out

Not one but TWO blog posts, one in May, one in July.

FunkMiller

Can both #TeamReal and #TeamFake at least agree on one thing:

There's no way Hasan Kharaman and Blue Box Games Studios are a bunch of luckless devs, who have become part of a massive online conspiracy through no fault of their own.

We've had it clearly demonstrated that Hasan can and does contact Geoff Keighley directly. If he wanted to stop all of this, he has the platform and connections to do it.

Therefore, two options remain: Kharaman and co are shameless grifters, deliberately riding on all the hype to sell their independent horror game.... or.... this is another Hideo Kojima online piece of fuckery, designed to get everyone riled up about his new game (possibly Silent Hill).

I'm absolutely prepared to accept it's the first answer - except a few things keep bugging me (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on any of these):

Why can we find no evidence of any other staff members of Blue Box Games Studios? Where are staff social media handles? Where are the LinkedIn profiles? Where is their online platform?
Why have Sony afforded a very small, unknown indie dev such special treatment?
Why are Konami - who have been completely uninterested in Silent Hill for so long - now actively promoting merch?
Why haven't Konami explicitly put out comms saying this is not anything to do with them? Why hasn't Kojima? Why hasn't Sony? This is an industry where every company is desperate to keep the audience happy. They don't want negative publicity, and they know this will result in that, if it's all a con job.

If this is all just some sort of massive misunderstanding, then somebody had better properly put a stop to it soon. I've seen this trending on Twitter.

Or...

200.gif

Doczu

Dude if you realized he's backing off now, he was curious and eager in the beginning maybe thinking this is Kojima like the rest of us, but he has been saying 'guys truthfully this is not Kojima' for a day now AND in resetera a few days ago started this whole thing while saying 'guys this is not what you think it is'

Nothing in there is pointing he's continually eager to promote the game which is non-existent, he was hyping an expectancy but now for the last day he has been wating on pictures like the rest of us and started questioning like the rest of us.
You (and the rest) really think Dorito Pope would start snitching even if it is Kojima? FFS, of course he would try to calm us down or play with us longer.
What would he gain if he outright said "it's Kojima/Silent Hill"?

Why have Sony afforded a very small, unknown indie dev such special treatment?
Dude like wtf there's no special treatment.

Blogpost means he's in their development partner program. Submitted a trailer and blog post that they posted. Blog features a lot of indie partners and most of them are legit with great fun games, but there were absolutely some duds in there too and this is one of them, that's it. The Life of Black Tiger being featured on official Playstation YouTube page speaks volumes in that matter. And no, even that game sucked they haven't taken down or even delisted the video, just search 'Black Tiger game PS4' on YouTube and it is the first hit.... LOL

Why are Konami - who have been completely uninterested in Silent Hill for so long - now actively promoting merch?
They lost huge revenue during Covid with Pachinko Only games approach. AND this is free money. Maybe they will release a Silent Hill 1-4 collection and said 'why not ride on this hype wave'. I think there really is a Silent Hill Remaster Collection in the works and this is free marketing while also the possibility of making huge cash off of merch with sudden SH love resurgence.

killatopak

Gold Member
This is not the first time GK denied something Kojima actually did.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Dude like wtf there's no special treatment.

Blogpost means he's in their development partner program. Submitted a trailer and blog post that they posted. Blog features a lot of indie partners and most of them are legit with great fun games, but there were absolutely some duds in there too and this is one of them, that's it. The Life of Black Tiger being featured on official Playstation YouTube page speaks volumes in that matter. And no, even that game sucked they haven't taken down or even delisted the video, just search 'Black Tiger game PS4' on YouTube and it is the first hit.... LOL

I’m talking about the interactive app.

SaucyJack

Oh BTW people still resting on the Blogpost as proof 'Sony is collaborating with them since 2015 like this grifter claims since they feature it so it must be true'

This is a game made by one person, his first game ever featured on PS Blog as PS4 exclusive just a few months after PS4 came out

Not one but TWO blog posts, one in May, one in July.

VizionEck was not his first game. He had previously created two other puzzle games.

He also had something to show at that time.

Sony was VERY actively pursuing Indie games and showcasing them at the beginning of the PS4 generation.

FunkMiller

They lost huge revenue during Covid with Pachinko Only games approach. AND this is free money. Maybe they will release a Silent Hill 1-4 collection and said 'why not ride on this hype wave'. I think there really is a Silent Hill Remaster Collection in the works and this is free marketing while also the possibility of making huge cash off of merch with sudden SH love resurgence.

Fair enough… but not an isolated thing. Any one element of this can be dismissed, but when you add it all together, there’s definitely something fishy going on.

And also… the timing seems dreadfully coincidental. Konami (who have done nothing with the franchise for over a decade) just happen to have a silent hill collection under way at the same time all of this is going on, enough finished to actively market it? And how is developing a remaster collection free money?

Last edited:
Sony promotes only elite indie devs who had done at least a few games before... yeah about that

As recent as Jan 10, 2017, not even the beginning of the PS4 era where they heavily invested in indie games to promote they are the platform for the indies.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Sony promotes only elite indie devs who had done at least a few games before... yeah about that

I don’t think anyone is denying that Sony promotes small indies.

It’s the fact Blue Box are getting to put out an interactive real time trailer app in the PlayStation Store - something nobody else has ever done, and requiring a lot of time, energy and money to create and implement.

Even Keighley points out how fishy that is in the audio you posted above.

kyliethicc

Sony skipped E3.
Konami skipped E3.
3 months ago, Kojima Productions said their next game will be announced soon.
Kojima just used Metal Gear music in his new trailer for Death Stranding PS5.
Konami owns that music. Sony owns that game.

Bluepoint hasn't announced their next game.
There is an easter egg sound effect from Metal Gear in Bluepoint's last game.
Again, Konami own MGS, but Sony owns Demon's Souls.
There are rumors Bluepoint are remaking Metal Gear Solid.

There have been rumors of Silent Hill coming back.
There was a rumor of Sony licensing Konami's IPs.
A new Castlevania collection coming soon just popped up.
Konami's merch twitter is teasing Silent Hill suddenly.

Now we have this random fucking "indie" PS5 exclusive game being teased, and its 1st person horror.
Konami are quiet on this game.
Kojima is quiet on this game.
Sony are quiet on this game. Even Shuhei, head of indies, silent.

Something is going on.

Last edited:

That being said Geoff is not infallible, he is not a god, he is as excited as the rest of us with deep connections. What people start to uncover may have some truth but most of them are just crazy conjectures.
Lol, is he really?

Did he pinky promise to?? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I guess that's it folks, let's pack it up and go home then... even if Konami themselves are pretty much confirming a new silent hill and even a Castlevania collection got through a ratings board, there's no way Kojima would hire an actor to tease his next game, that would be silly 😂😂

nahhhhh

200.gif

FunkMiller

Now we have this random fucking "indie" PS5 exclusive game being teased, and its 1st person horror.

Including, as I keep on saying, an upcoming trailer app, using the Playstation 5 to render the whole thing in real time. Which is something that no one's ever done before.

A small indie developer getting to showcase what essentially amounts to a brand new marketing methodology ahead of any first party developers.

:unsure:

emivita

This is not the first time GK denied something Kojima actually did.

He can't even spell "Swedish" right lol, how can you people believe him?

I suspect Kojima wants us to play a sick game. We're all involved in this Internet game made by him, a legit Hideo Kojima game, and we're all in, Geoff included. Geoff doesn't know shit, or at least, he just suspect(ed) something, like many of us. There's an awful lot of hints, connections, hidden contents, even numerology is involved, to think this is just a game hyped up by some completely unknown indie studio. You CAN'T believe that, but unfortunately there are a lot of trolls taking you off the path.

And many of you are focusing just on Blue Box Gaming Studios and Geoff. You are ignoring CREATEQ Interactive, who supposedly are now developing that Haunting game (check my findings above), there's that Post Trauma game (https://twitter.com/posttraumagame), and also there's that @untitled_horror page who was teasing a new horror game that looked legitimately good, and maybe there's a lot more!

kyliethicc

Including, as I keep on saying, an upcoming trailer app, using the Playstation 5 to render the whole thing in real time. Which is something that no one's ever done before.

A small indie developer getting to showcase what essentially amounts to a brand new marketing methodology ahead of any first party developers.

:unsure:
And this app is gonna be a teaser trailer ... thats interactive. Real time.

Almost like a Playable Teaser.

Now who's done that before?

Last edited:

Vae_Victis

Banned
Sony or Konami would have jumped in by now if he was not Kojima.

Sony doesn't need to jump in for anything. They have barely anything to do with this guy, other than hosting one of his games on PS5 and having published a random post on their blog and a 30 seconds nothing-video on their YouTube channel. He's a third party developer, unless he does something illegal, breaks their internal terms and conditions (which I don't know) or behaves in a way that is highly damaging for the PlayStation brand, what do they even care. They possibly even already told him to take it down a notch, which is why he posted this:

You are assuming people at PlayStation are super-involved with him, but they really aren't. Also, Sony has been very very silent in the past couple of years and made almost a point to never respond directly to rumors, no matter how insistent or serious they are, not even ones related to their own hardware or IPs. Imagine how much of a shit they give if a random indie dude with a PS5 devkit enters the spotlight for a week or two over nothing.

As for Konami, they are a dying company which has become legendarily bad at brand managing and communication. They keep pushing Silent Hill-related merch and minor collaborations left and right, but then they do nothing else with the IP. Every time people are SURE it must mean they are about to announce a new game, Konami plays around with it for a couple of weeks, and then nothing happens. And even if they knew what they are doing, it's all free advertisement for them and their IP. They did nothing. They didn't need to do anything. But all of a sudden Silent Hill is once again talked about by anyone.

Quite some years back, a random guy led the entire Fallout community by the nose for several days pretending to be somebody from Bethesda and posting cryptic messages hinting at the announcement of Fallout 4 (of course I'm talking long before the real Fallout 4 was actually developed by Bethesda). This strange "marketing campaign" was widely reported by gaming media, he posted a few encrypted messages that were deciphered over time by the community, until at some point either he got bored of it or ran out of ideas on what to say next, and just made a post to state "Sorry, I'm not actually Bethesda, I was pulling your leg. Fuck you if you have a problem with that, and goodbye".

Bethesda said absolutely nothing during or after the event, because why would they? It was all free advertising, they would take zero blame from it all, and it was a free chance to gauge the interest for people over a new Fallout game.

But what did he do? He announced some shitty horror themed game and the fanbase ran with the theories. Then he made the mistake guess the name S L, but quickly posted its not Silent Hill. Then he denies being Kojima, in various supposed interviews. But it doesn't matter what he says, or whatever proof he posts, hes Kojima or in league with him anyway.

90% of all this is on the crazy fanbase. Yet, the amount of things that could debunk this theory is just as staggering. Like the company being registered in Holland for over 6 years, a PSN account that dates back to the PS3, a proven track record of asset flips and grifts. I think its bordering on fraudulent, or perhaps past it.

I don't think it started from him, he was just super-misterious and vague about his game (probably because it's shovelware shite and he knows it), other people made the Kojima connection first. But then he started dancing around it, changed his YouTube banner to the misty hills, published the "Abandoned = S_____L" tweet, and at that point he KNEW what he was doing.

Then either he himself panicked or Sony/Konami gave him a call, and he very quickly put out a statement to distance himself from Konami or thier IPs. But at that point it was too late already, people entered full Cognitive Bias Mode, completely rejected any notion pointing at him just being a random unknown developer, and dug to find literally anything, no matter how absurd or cherry-picked, to cling onto the notion of him being connected somehow to Kojima and Silent Hill.

Some people won't listen to reason no matter what because they are not trying to figure out what is real, they actively want to convince themselves of what they wish to be real. If somebody completely spontaneously made the mental leap "Shit nothing-game from unknown studio is advertised once by PlayStation = iT mUsT bE kOJimA!!!!" and enough people went with it with zero additional initial evidence, you get an idea of the predisposition of all of these poeple.

Last edited:

reksveks

It sounds awfully like a game demo personally, which I assume is still a thing on the Playstation platform

Last edited:

hyperbertha

Sony doesn't need to jump in for anything. They have barely anything to do with this guy, other than hosting one of his games on PS5 and having published a random post on their blog and a 30 seconds nothing-video on their YouTube channel. He's a third party developer, unless he does something illegal, breaks their internal terms and conditions (which I don't know) or behaves in a way that is highly damaging for the PlayStation brand, what do they even care. They possibly even already told him to take it down a notch, which is why he posted this:

You are assuming people at PlayStation are super-involved with him, but they really aren't. Also, Sony has been very very silent in the past couple of years and made almost a point to never respond directly to rumors, no matter how insistent or serious they are, not even ones related to their own hardware or IPs. Imagine how much of a shit they give if a random indie dude with a PS5 devkit enters the spotlight for a week or two over nothing.

As for Konami, they are a dying company which has become legendarily bad at brand managing and communication. They keep pushing Silent Hill-related merch and minor collaborations left and right, but then they do nothing else with the IP. Every time people are SURE it must mean they are about to announce a new game, Konami plays around with it for a couple of weeks, and then nothing happens. And even if they knew what they are doing, it's all free advertisement for them and their IP. They did nothing. They didn't need to do anything. But all of a sudden Silent Hill is once again talked about by anyone.

Quite some years back, a random guy led the entire Fallout community by the nose for several days pretending to be somebody from Bethesda and posting cryptic messages hinting at the announcement of Fallout 4 (of course I'm talking long before the real Fallout 4 was actually developed by Bethesda). This strange "marketing campaign" was widely reported by gaming media, he posted a few encrypted messages that were deciphered over time by the community, until at some point either he got bored of it or ran out of ideas on what to say next, and just made a post to state "Sorry, I'm not actually Bethesda, I was pulling your leg. Fuck you if you have a problem with that, and goodbye".

Bethesda said absolutely nothing during or after the event, because why would they? It was all free advertising, they would take zero blame from it all, and it was a free chance to gauge the interest for people over a new Fallout game.

I don't think it started from him, he was just super-misterious and vague about his game (probably because it's shovelware shite and he knows it), other people made the Kojima connection first. But then he started dancing around it, changed his YouTube banner to the misty hills, published the "Abandoned = S_____L" tweet, and at that point he KNEW what he was doing.

Then either he himself panicked or Sony/Konami gave him a call, and he very quickly put out a statement to distance himself from Konami or thier IPs. But at that point it was too late already, people entered full Cognitive Bias Mode, completely rejected any notion pointing at him just being a random unknown developer, and dug to find literally anything, no matter how absurd or cherry-picked, to cling onto the notion of him being connected somehow to Kojima and Silent Hill.

Some people won't listen to reason no matter what because they are not trying to figure out what is real, they actively want to convince themselves of what they wish to be real. If somebody completely spontaneously made the mental leap "Shit nothing-game from unknown studio is advertised once by PlayStation = iT mUsT bE kOJimA!!!!" and enough people went with it with zero additional initial evidence, you get an idea of the predisposition of all of these poeple.

It'd be pretty funny if it turned out to be something after this wall of worthless text. Quoting for posterity.

SkylineRKR

No its def. tuesday folks, he was clear about that.

listen I feel this is getting out of hand (no shit). He has told me numerous times he isnt kojima or related to him. The way we talked, no way that is a big developer in disguise. It just doesnt work like that in this industry.

I truly think he’s some small indie dev (not that theres anything wrong with that) maybe having a bit too much fun with the narrative created by gamers.

at least I tried to warn ya.

This is from the dutch journo active at Ree that interviewed him apparently, I forgot where he worked but it was one of the biggest outlets here. Gamer or IGN. They are usually legit sources.

FunkMiller

It sounds awfully like a game demo personally, which I assume is still a thing on the Playstation platform

Fine. Why not just call it that then? And that isn't how it's being reported. It's being reported as a real time trailers app. Non interactive, but using the Ps5 to directly stream the assets of the trailer in real time, rather than as a video file to avoid compression, and to prove it's being created on Ps5 and not another piece of hardware.

reksveks

Fine. Why not just call it that then? And that isn't how it's being reported. It's being reported as a real time trailers app. Non interactive, but using the Ps5 to directly stream the assets of the trailer in real time, rather than as a video file to avoid compression, and to prove it's being created on Ps5 and not another piece of hardware.
To make it sound more interesting is one bet. Slightly less likely but could be just the media team forgetting the word demo.

A demo doesn't really have to be interactive.

I just wouldn't hold much stock on this one point.

emivita

Oh Kojima, this is why you called your game Silent Hills in the first place, and not Silent Hill: blahblahblah. It was a reboot and it didn't actually have Silent Hill as a name.

killatopak

Gold Member

FunkMiller

To make it sound more interesting is one bet. Slightly less likely but could be just the media team forgetting the word demo.

A demo doesn't really have to be interactive.

I just wouldn't hold much stock on this one point.

Well, that would feed into the idea that this guy is a grifter. Regardless of anything else, if this does turn out to be nothing, then Hasan Kharaman has not done his reputation or his career much good, given all the fuckery going on.

Top Bottom