• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Well the thing is Rami, is that its hard to feel sorry for a team that did nothing to quell the rumors and put out a tweet saying "First Letter S, last letter L"

Fuck this guy is such a dick, he never even finished his own game and yet he keeps getting on Podcasts and stuff, one to talk about grifting

Reread the above statement and ask yourself, hand on heart is to "put out a tweet saying "First Letter S, last letter L" really worthy of your hatred?

He's not the baddie here!

Straight up career suicide right here, lol.
Nah, he's at Capcom, so he's allowed to play the guessing game as much as any of us :)
Career suicide would be from anyone at Sony PR / Marketing if this was all fake and they did nothing to shut it down :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm honestly surprised how someone can doubt it at this point ffs.

Btw, this pool should have usernames attached to it. Would be fun to see the naysayers eat crow when it's all said and done haha

Nah, he's at Capcom, so he's allowed to play the guessing game as much as any of us :)
Career suicide would be from anyone at Sony PR / Marketing if this was all fake and they did nothing to shut it down :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm honestly surprised how someone can doubt it at this point ffs.

Btw, this pool should have usernames attached to it. Would be fun to see the naysayers eat crow when it's all said and done haha
doubt it? I not only doubt it but sure on this and I don't understand how you guys can still believe this shit. Vice versa I wanna see believers eat crow.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Welp.

Pack it up boys. It was a good run. Arguably more fun than E3 but... damn. What a let down at the end there haha.

Oh well there's always wednesdays for juicy Microsoft acquisition rumours!

reksveks

Straight up career suicide right here, lol.
Why? He can always chalk it up to a mistake.

I am sorry but he really needs to be alot smarter about his tweets. You might not like Windows/Microsoft but you probably shouldnt call Windows 11, Windows 10 with more data tracking

Last edited:

kretos

Banned

giphy.gif

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Why? He can always chalk it up to a mistake.

I am sorry but either he is lying about being an intern or he really needs to be alot smart about his tweets
Unless he's really talented most people want a team player that doesn't cause pr issues or leaks.

SaucyJack

Whether or not this is Silent Hills and Kojima or something else I don’t know.

I am, however, convinced that what this is not is a shit-tier Indie developer executing some kind of scam (Sony will have done their due diligence) or caught up in the hype.

Hasan Kahraman is a facade, Blue Box is a facade. They don’t stand up to even light scrutiny. What it is a facade for I don’t know but real people and real companies leave more substantial fingerprints than the few crumbs detective Gaf has found.

Faithless83

Banned
Guys, guys!!!

Nothing changed the evidences pointing to the following:
- Geoff involvement with it.
- It's not easy to get a PS Blog entry.
- The timezone that BB is active on twitter.
- Kojima "books" post.
- Kojima "nobody" post.
- An indie game with "localization issues"? How many indies have planned a worldwide app launch for trailers?
- From zero games to "years relationship with PS"? Really?

Were you asleep on the Death Stranding DC trailer?

We'll have another PT situation next week, and we'll likely spend the next weekend cracking our heads to solve it.

If your beliefs are so flimsy to be moved by the naysayers, you don't deserve to be in this train!
25b631e08d96b2d30d9c60dde400aaee.gif

Why *after* the trailer that already has caused even more controversy after being delayed? It's gonna get worse as days go by.

My stance? I'll just wait and see if Sony announces an event around the time this "app" is supposed to launch.

*tin foil hat*

I think this app is a hype-building machine that Sony is going to try out. What I mean by that is it will feature not just "Abandoned", but other cryptic trailers that tease various things(features or games)leading up to Sony's main State of Play or PSX or whatever it ends up being.

Last edited:

TidusYuna

Help me connect the dots.

27 words in this post

Mark Delaney shares a funny anecdote about his phone call with Hasan: "When [Hasan] found out about the translation of his surname, he laughed so hard that he actually threw up"

If you look at the Video of "Death Stranding Directors Cut" I posted above, pause it immediately. It is timestamped at 2 minutes 27 seconds so that is the frame i think is a clue from Hideo Kojima. The photo should look similar to this photo below except Sam isn't blocking the view and the camera is looking directly at the Box after it is placed on the shelf.
TxmmlWD.jpg

When I originally saw the video, I thought it was strange that the camera paused looking directly at the box after Sam put it back on the shelf. As if to say LOOK AT ME, I'M A CLUE. It clearly got more video time that it deserved, same for the "RDY" before he entered the hall. On the side of the box it says "Handle With Love Fragile Express" and we will also include the letters "RDY" from the beginning of the video when he entered through door. I was thinking this was some type of Anagram to be solved. So I was messing around with these letters, trying to make sense of them. Trying to put together a sentence. I was able to find random separate words like "Silent Hill, Siren, Video, Ready, For, Release, Foxdie, etc" but was still unable to put together a structured sentence with the remaining letters. Then I started looking at bottom boxes below the letters. It looks similar to this red Photo below.
61zta0gCIdL._AC_SX466_.jpg

(^This photo is just an example of what to look at in the time stamped video. I'd post the photo in the video but I don't know how to extract photo thumbnails from videos. If someone can extract the actual photo from the death stranding director teaser so that i can edit it into this post, it would be much appreciated.)
(credit to bellome for the screenshot below)
stWkA1S.png

So I noticed there are 6 squares, 4 of which are filled with pictures, 2 that are empty (Box 1 and Box 5 are empty) I think we have to solve the empty boxes via anagram or some other means. I think each of these boxes represent a game franchise. I think we are getting multiple games and we have been given clues for multiple different games.

The 6th box has a recycling sign. Which I think represents the word "Cycle or connection." It can also just mean remakes or remasters, but its Hideo Kojima so I'm thinking a deeper meaning like a continuous cycle. Maybe the 5 boxes before it are connected. If you look at the first Box and the box next to the cycle box which is the second to last box, they are blank. Maybe these games that are not made yet or they exist but we have to figure them out.

Let's assume one of the Empty Boxes represents Metal Gear. The entire Death Stranding Teaser was referencing Metal Gear Solid 2. From the Music to the ORANGE box which was in Metal Gear Solid 2.

So the second Box looks like a wine glass. Like a representation of Castlevania. But also, the chip in the glass looks like a stake. (Chip in the glass is reaching i agree.) But Igarashi and his Wine glass are known.
bloodstained1.jpg

CEgNisvUMAETVWE.png

& I also noticed we are getting a bunch of castlevania releases. Castlevania Collection, Castlevania Requiem, and they trademarked GBA Castlevanias recently, rumored From Software Castlevania. But then how can CastleVania be connected to games like Metal Gear. Remember this guy?
Vamp-MGS2.jpg

Is it possible that Vamp is connected to Castlevania and is a real vampire?
https://metalgear.fandom.com/wiki/Vamp
Born in Romania, Vamp lost his family in a church bombing in which he was pierced by a crucifix and buried underneath the rubble for two days. In order to survive, Vamp fed on the blood of his family until his imminent rescue; this is how he acquired a taste for blood. According to Solid Snake, his codename is not a reference to his vampire-like behavior, but to the fact that he was bisexual. Also, according to rumors, Vamp was the former lover of Marine Commandant Scott Dolph.[1] He later shared a "very close" relationship with Dolph's daughter, fellow Dead Cell member Fortune.

Found some interesting facts and similarities. Alucard and Vamp were voiced by the same voice actor in Japan named Ryōtarō Okiayu. Alucard and Vamp are both bisexual. Vamp uses throwing knives. Vamp is close to Fortune who also seeks death, as did Dracula. Kojima was involved in Castlevania Lords of Shadows 2. Vamp also referenced the Sorrow and dying once already when he was shot in the head.

The next picture, box 3 Looks like two hand holding a box. I'm assuming it represents Death Stranding but it may be something entirely different. I haven't played death stranding yet so I dunno about this one. But the Fragile Express box looks like it so Im going with Death Stranding. I think Death Stranding Directors cut is going to reveal a lot, possibly connection between different franchise.

The fourth picture is interesting. It is and umbrella with rain. My initial thought was Siren referencing blood rain. But I noticed something different about this umbrella sign. It looks like an umbrella but what is interesting is there is only one droplet under the umbrella instead of multiple droplets on top. So it look like it is raining under the umbrella on one side. Like a tear drop on one side when it rains.
mgssorrowbattle.jpg

I also seen a theory online about The Sorrow being Cliffe Unger in Death Stranding. I haven't played death stranding So i really can't say but maybe the Sorrow really is the guy in Death Stranding because there are a lot of similairities between the two.

Silent Hill maybe the last Box.

Unfinished post, will edit and update more later. But It I think Hasan maybe real and I think there is a huge collaboration happening between maybe (Hideo Kojima, Keiichiro Toyama, Igarashi, Hasan AKA underestimated nobody, From Software, Blue Point, Media Molecule, Konami, maybe more or less. Multiple Games, some are collaboration, some remakes, some are completely new.)
tenor.gif

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

27 words in this post

Mark Delaney shares a funny anecdote about his phone call with Hasan: "When [Hasan] found out about the translation of his surname, he laughed so hard that he actually threw up"

If you look at the Video of "Death Stranding Directors Cut" I posted above, pause it immediately. It is timestamped at 2 minutes 27 seconds so that is the frame i think is a clue from Hideo Kojima. The photo should look similar to this photo below except Sam isn't blocking the view and the camera is looking directly at the Box after it is placed on the shelf.
TxmmlWD.jpg

When I originally saw the video, I thought it was strange that the camera paused looking directly at the box after Sam put it back on the shelf. As if to say LOOK AT ME, I'M A CLUE. It clearly got more video time that it deserved, same for the "RDY" before he entered the hall. On the side of the box it says "Handle With Love Fragile Express" and we will also include the letters "RDY" from the beginning of the video when he entered through door. I was thinking this was some type of Anagram to be solved. So I was messing around with these letters, trying to make sense of them. Trying to put together a sentence. I was able to find random separate words like "Silent Hill, Siren, Video, Ready, For, Release, Foxdie, etc" but was still unable to put together a structured sentence with the remaining letters. Then I started looking at bottom boxes below the letters. It looks similar to this red Photo below.

(^This photo is just an example of what to look at in the time stamped video. I'd post the photo in the video but I don't know how to extract photo thumbnails from videos. If someone can extract the actual photo from the death stranding director teaser so that i can edit it into this post, it would be much appreciated.)

So I noticed there are 6 squares, 4 of which are filled with pictures, 2 that are empty (Box 1 and Box 5 are empty) I think we have to solve the empty boxes via anagram or some other means. I think each of these boxes represent a game franchise. I think we are getting multiple games and we have been given clues for multiple different games.

The 6th box has a recycling sign. Which I think represents the word "Cycle or connection." It can also just mean remakes or remasters, but its Hideo Kojima so I'm thinking a deeper meaning like a continuous cycle. Maybe the 5 boxes before it are connected. If you look at the first Box and the box next to the cycle box which is the second to last box, they are blank. Maybe these games that are not made yet or they exist but we have to figure them out.

Let's assume one of the Empty Boxes represents Metal Gear. The entire Death Stranding Teaser was referencing Metal Gear Solid 2. From the Music to the ORANGE box which was in Metal Gear Solid 2.

So the second Box looks like a wine glass. Like a representation of Castlevania. But also, the chip in the glass looks like a stake. (Chip in the glass is reaching i agree.) But Igarashi and his Wine glass are known.
bloodstained1.jpg

CEgNisvUMAETVWE.png

& I also noticed we are getting a bunch of castlevania releases. Castlevania Collection, Castlevania Requiem, and they trademarked GBA Castlevanias recently, rumored From Software Castlevania. But then how can CastleVania be connected to games like Metal Gear. Remember this guy?
Vamp-MGS2.jpg

Born in Romania, Vamp lost his family in a church bombing in which he was pierced by a crucifix and buried underneath the rubble for two days. In order to survive, Vamp fed on the blood of his family until his imminent rescue; this is how he acquired a taste for blood. According to Solid Snake, his codename is not a reference to his vampire-like behavior, but to the fact that he was bisexual. Also, according to rumors, Vamp was the former lover of Marine Commandant Scott Dolph.[1] He later shared a "very close" relationship with Dolph's daughter, fellow Dead Cell member Fortune.

Found some interesting facts and similarities. Alucard and Vamp were voiced by the same voice actor in Japan named Ryōtarō Okiayu. Alucard and Vamp are both bisexual. Vamp uses throwing knives. Vamp is close to Fortune who also seeks death, as did Dracula. Kojima was involved in Castlevania Lords of Shadows 2. Vamp also referenced the Sorrow and dying once already when he was shot in the head.

The next picture, box 3 Looks like two hand holding a box. I'm assuming it represents Death Stranding but it may be something entirely different. I haven't played death stranding yet so I dunno about this one. But the Fragile Express box looks like it so Im going with Death Stranding. I think Death Stranding Directors cut is going to reveal a lot, possibly connection between different franchise.

The fourth picture is interesting. It is and umbrella with rain. My initial thought was Siren referencing blood rain. But I noticed something different about this umbrella sign. It looks like an umbrella but what is interesting is there is only one droplet under the umbrella instead of multiple droplets on top. So it look like it is raining under the umbrella on one side. Like a tear drop on one side when it rains.
mgssorrowbattle.jpg

I also seen a theory online about The Sorrow being Cliffe Unger in Death Stranding. I haven't played death stranding So i really can't say but maybe the Sorrow really is the guy in Death Stranding because there are a lot of similairities between the two.

Unfinished post, will edit and update more later. But It I think Hasan maybe real and I think there is a huge collaboration happening between maybe (Hideo Kojima, Keiichiro Toyama, Igarashi, Hasan AKA underestimated nobody, From Software, Blue Point, Media Molecule, Konami, maybe more or less)

breaking bad nothing GIF

Abandoned IPs need to be handled with care by Blue Box's game studios.

emivita

The Ouroboros cycle is one of the most important thematics in Siren.

11-Archive30.jpg

Doczu

27 words in this post

TxmmlWD.jpg

bloodstained1.jpg

CEgNisvUMAETVWE.png

Vamp-MGS2.jpg

mgssorrowbattle.jpg

Unfinished post, will edit and update more later. But It I think Hasan maybe real and I think there is a huge collaboration happening between maybe (Hideo Kojima, Keiichiro Toyama, Igarashi, Hasan AKA underestimated nobody, From Software, Blue Point, Media Molecule, Konami, maybe more or less)
tenor.gif

You're not crazy. You get here to the 1st class of SilentPiercer, the naysayers will be put to the tail for their lack of faith. Kojima will lead us to glory!

GHG

27 words in this post

TxmmlWD.jpg

bloodstained1.jpg

CEgNisvUMAETVWE.png

Vamp-MGS2.jpg

mgssorrowbattle.jpg

Unfinished post, will edit and update more later. But It I think Hasan maybe real and I think there is a huge collaboration happening between maybe (Hideo Kojima, Keiichiro Toyama, Igarashi, Hasan AKA underestimated nobody, From Software, Blue Point, Media Molecule, Konami, maybe more or less. Multiple Games, some are collaboration, some remakes, some are completely new.)
tenor.gif

Ah fuck, back on the rollercoaster.

Rollercoaster GIF by memecandy

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Note to Konami: this is what happens if you keep blue-balling your fanbase for years. One single burst was enough for them to collectively go insane. Do what you're supposed to do as a game company and release some fucking games please. Good ones of course.

Oh come on, its not like Silent Hill has ever been that huge of a franchise and Team Silent was disbanded, what, 17 years ago! Leaving a series of decreasingly memorable further entries by other developers in their wake.

P.T. was an exciting announcement solely because it was Kojima doing a horror game! Without his involvement what would lead anyone to think that a new iteration would be better than Homecoming, or Downpour, or whatever?

Why do you think that despite the impact that P.T. had, Konami didn't move to capitalize on it? It was because Kojima was gone and they were back to the status quo pre Silent Hills reveal.

The main thing this whole kerfuffle has revealed is the prevalence of mentally/emotionally dysfunctional "fans" who think their most obsessive desires demand to be fulfilled once they've projected the possibility of them into existence. Its like the NMS thing on steroids; its loonies demanding a thing without any real idea of what that thing might actually be!

They WANT, but what actually do they want? Like NMS it becomes about what a thing isn't, as opposed to what it actually is!

Bottom line, Abandoned could turn out to be a great survival horror game, but are any of these whack-job "superfans" going to give anything that isn't a Silent Hill game with Kojima's involvement a chance at this point?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I need to know the significance of the penguins
I already posted in the thread earlier. Kojima’s first game he worked on.

arvfab

Banned
I don't know if it was already mentioned, and again, probably just another disconnected coincidence...

But the intial date for the app download was the 20th, with first trailer on the 22nd, right?

Now that the app was moved to the 25th, if they keep the two days until the trailer, it would make the...?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I don't know if it was already mentioned, and again, probably just another disconnected coincidence...

But the intial date for the app download was the 20th, with first trailer on the 22nd, right?

Now that the app was moved to the 25th, if they keep the two days until the trailer, it would make the...?
German Soccer Schalke 04 2019 20 GIF by FC Schalke 04

Javthusiast

Banned

27 words in this post

TxmmlWD.jpg

bloodstained1.jpg

CEgNisvUMAETVWE.png

Vamp-MGS2.jpg

mgssorrowbattle.jpg

tenor.gif

Here we see a person go insane before our eyes.

paul giamatti chuck GIF by Showtime

Top Bottom