• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeepSpace5D

That’s pretty crazy if true, but it takes alot of faith to just trust that person when they say it was the voicemail of a number they called when they won’t give out the number. If it’s a fake or acted voicemail, it shouldn’t be bothering anyone to give the number I would guess.

2jbvLWm.gif

Isak

Neo Member
TBH those reddit posts just seem like hogwash to me. And the OP disappeared when asked to PM the number. The only thing that threw me for a loop after I had completely given up on it being Kojima is Nuare tweeting out a blue box emote 3 days before they were revealed to be Hasan's partner. Did they like just go, "Oh hey look who's trending, our partner studio Blue Box, so let's tweet out a Blue box"? It's odd because I went through their tweets and it stands out among all the other tweets which are all just artwork they're producing for all the different games. But nobody besides me seems to think it's a big deal, so maybe I'm just looking too much into it probably. I'll just wait till 25 and see if anything drops or not.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
They have a history with cancelled projects, KS and shovelware. Apparently its not hard to get into the PS Indie program and show a bunch of nothing. Its literally an UE demo they've shown isn't it? There are more instances of announced bunches of nothing, and ofcourse actual released trash like Life of Black Tiger.

He announced a sort of app that would show trailers in real time on PS5. My guess is that we won't see this app ever, or the project won't go beyond this.
They’re not in the indie program. Their benefits exceed well beyond that.

That reddit user posting the phone number and stuff seems sus as hell. New account created just yesterday to talk about the Blue Box stuff?

Massive red flag and most likely nothing (in regards to all the phone number stuff)

I want to believe. I just can't.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Some key-points, to why Blue Box isn't truthfully honest: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...amers-believe-it-s-hideo-kojima-s-silent-hill

"The original Sony blog post for Abandoned was full of red flags. It promised realistic graphics at 4K resolutions and frame rates of 60 per second, benchmarks that would be difficult to hit for the most established game studios, let alone a tiny one like Blue Box. Sony didn’t respond to a request for comment."

"The situation grew stranger when Geoff Keighley, a video game personality who interviewed Kojima’s fake CEO in 2013 and has helped reveal many of the director’s games, hinted on Twitter that he would be involved in the unveiling of Abandoned. Keighley, a longtime friend of Kojima, did not respond to a request for comment."

"Blue Box tried to raise just under $12,000 from a Kickstarter campaign in 2015 to make a horror game called Rewind. The crowdfunding project ended with $207 in pledges. Kahraman canceled the Kickstarter, writing that Rewind would be “fully funded by a private investor,” but the game never came out."

"Kahraman said Abandoned has been in development since 2017, although the “concept was changed a lot of times.” He said the Blue Box team consists of 10 people and that he had outsourced work to several other studios, which accounted for the 50 figure he mentioned earlier. He said he’d attracted the attention of Sony in 2015 following that failed Kickstarter."

"But the conversation raised many more questions. Kahraman would not make other members of his team available for interviews and would only identify one, who didn’t respond to a request for comment. Kahraman said he had signed a contract with Sony but wouldn’t offer specifics. He also said the game was funded by investors but wouldn’t say who. “There is a reason for that, but I really can’t talk about it,” Kahraman said."

"Kahraman named two of the “six or seven” outsourcing companies that he said Blue Box is working with: Nuare Studio and Dekogon Studios. Representatives for both companies declined to comment."

s reactions jim GIF

GrayChild

The official portfolio pages of both Nuare and Dekogon:

Can #TeamFake at least admit this is definitely not a small indie project, but rather something big that has nothing to do with the original Abandoned teaser?

Doczu

That reddit user posting the phone number and stuff seems sus as hell. New account created just yesterday to talk about the Blue Box stuff?

Massive red flag and most likely nothing (in regards to all the phone number stuff)

I'm not saying the dude isn't lying, but i remember i created an reddit account to be part of the DS is Silent Hills crazy train. So i too was a new dude chipping in his take on the subject.
But yeah, this is fake as fuck. Just drop the number dude

Dodkrake

Banned

Can #TeamFake at least admit this is definitely not a small indie project, but rather something big that has nothing to do with the original Abandoned teaser?

Those guys also sell assets. He has claimed in the past to be in partnership with Epic when the only thing he had was Unreal. Common.

Helionar

Neo Member
That James Oak stuff is too good to be true. Seems fabricated.

Picking random numbers using the letters found in the trailer? Making a call and reaching a voicemail of a dude which name is literally a Kojima anagram? Just by the way the reddit user express himself is sketchy. There are a lot of red flags there.

This subreddit it's also created by him, so I would be weary of any content posted there. Some people need to invent clues to keep getting their serotonin fix....

Inviusx

That James Oak stuff is too good to be true. Seems fabricated.

Picking random numbers using the letters found in the trailer? Making a call and reaching a voicemail of a dude which name is literally a Kojima anagram? Just by the way the reddit user express himself is sketchy. There are a lot of red flags there.

This subreddit it's also created by him, so I would be weary of any content posted there. Some people need to invent clues to keep getting their serotonin fix....

Yep, totally bullshit but definitely had me going for second. A pretty creative deception to be honest.

Just reminds me of the NeverBeGameOver stuff.

It's fun as hell, but I think someone got in over their head and tried to use that clout to push their game.

Happy to eat crow if I'm wrong though and would be a crazy ARG if this is all somehow linked.

I certainly can't deny the strange amount of coincidences by which this is linked to Kojima.

Healthy skepticism on this one, I subscribe to it. Would like to see more evidence to it, no rush though, this konami shop pic to me was another flame stoking move lol

Hey I just bought an asset from UE shop sold by Dekagon and the terms clearly state they let commercial uses out of the specific pack I bought with the impetus of inclusion of the company name at the end of product credits. I guess I'm making a big ass game and can claim both Dekagon and EPIC are my partners in a project I pulled from my ass just a few minutes ago.

I dunno if Dekagon will put ME in their acclaimed partner list in their website, but I guess BBG isn't there either. Yeah big AAA games are there and that doesn't equate ME or Hasan's grift company in the same caliber as them....

Dunno. Nuare seem quite proud to be working with him specifically:

Hey isn't that a blue square? I mean what if Square Enix is making a Playstation exclusive (Blue part) like I dunno FINAL FANTASY ORIGINS... and that blue SQUARE is there to tell "hey we made assets for this AAA game".

We can play the same theorising game as you can see, and one that is making more sense too.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Yeah, if I see that video again, Hassan just looks overwhelmed and kind of scared honestly. I take it back, I do feel sorry for the guy.
I really don't think I've ever seen someone jump ships as quick and steady as you do every hour or day 😂
We can play the same theorising game as you can see, and one that is making more sense too.
Do you really believe that? A Blue Box - nothing else - representing Square Enix?

I can see the denial is taking it's toll on some.
It's not that cryptic 😎

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Hey isn't that a blue square? I mean what if Square Enix is making a Playstation exclusive (Blue part) like I dunno FINAL FANTASY ORIGINS... and that blue SQUARE is there to tell "hey we made assets for this AAA game".

They were mentioned in Jason’s article too.
Kahraman named two of the “six or seven” outsourcing companies that he said Blue Box is working with: Nuare Studio and Dekogon Studios.

Helionar

Neo Member
The Nuare tweet could be related to Blue Box, that doesn't seem so far-fetched. Maybe they are just goofing around... but it seems to be a very professional account so I don't know. The cool part is that was posted on the 18th, when all of this exploded.

I really hope Hasan has something tangible with some funding behind. The guy seemed scared and pretty anxious. I don't care if it's SH or not at this point. This is a few steps away to become a witch hunt.

I really don't think I've ever seen someone jump ships as quick and steady as you do every hour or day 😂

Do you really believe that? A Blue Box - nothing else - representing Square Enix?

I can see the denial is taking it's toll on some.
It's not that cryptic 😎
It is not cryptic at all it is a BLUE SQUARE after all. Ask anyone that hasn't followed this whole ordeal and see no one saying blue box to that but blue square is their answer.

SkylineRKR

The situation grew stranger when Geoff Keighley, a video game personality who interviewed Kojima’s fake CEO in 2013 and has helped reveal many of the director’s games, hinted on Twitter that he would be involved in the unveiling of Abandoned. Keighley, a longtime friend of Kojima, did not respond to a request for comment."

He did.

And it makes sense what he says.

Helionar

Neo Member
You know who else looked scared and anxious in his last interview?

Sj26mpz.gif
With the difference that this dude has his head wrapped up in bands and is overreacting xd. I'm not saying all of this is not a ruse, it can be. But if its not Hasan shouldn't get any hate for it. Some people really like to send death letters.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
It is not cryptic at all it is a BLUE SQUARE after all. Ask anyone that hasn't followed this whole ordeal and see no one saying blue box to that but blue square is their answer.
Don't do this to yourself. Look at all their other tweets. That "Blue Box" tweet stands out.

The situation grew stranger when Geoff Keighley, a video game personality who interviewed Kojima’s fake CEO in 2013 and has helped reveal many of the director’s games, hinted on Twitter that he would be involved in the unveiling of Abandoned. Keighley, a longtime friend of Kojima, did not respond to a request for comment."

He did.

And it makes sense what he says.

I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS - - here you go the guy is as oblivious as we are.

Don't do this to yourself. Look at all their other tweets. That "Blue Box" tweet stands out.
That is a blue square. It is in 2D, and that shape in 2D is square.

If it had a faux depth element, that many emojis have, then it could be a box or A CUBE, but it is just a geometric shape = SQUARE

Kdad

That is a blue square. It is in 2D, and that shape in 2D is square.

If it had a faux depth element, that many emojis have, then it could be a box or A CUBE, but it is just a geometric shape = SQUARE
Does Blue Box Gaming Studios logo contain depth or 3D? This seems like a petty line to draw... (oh no...can't draw a line as its just a series of points)

Top Bottom