• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Community Thread: She Blinded Me With Science!

Bladenic

Bummer. I was actually hoping for some English dubbed songs. Just to hear how they would turn out. One of the reasons I enjoyed watching German dubbed anime in the past. They did good covers of both Sailor Moon, Dragonball and Digimon songs among others. Bus I guess I'm in the minority with this the.

The German theme song remains the best

Reminder, Usagi turns 37 years old this year.

tumblr_n21zoadIQu1qbgeseo1_500.png

hahahahahaha Well now, didn't know being 37 was old :)

Ayumi

The German theme song remains the best
I hate dubs and I never watched SM dubbed (aside from a couple of minutes on YouTube for laughs), but I once ran into the English version of Moonlight Densetsu and really liked it. Perhaps the others won'tt be so bad either!

Amalthea

Banned
I hate dubs and I never watched SM dubbed (aside from a couple of minutes on YouTube for laughs), but I once ran into the English version of Moonlight Densetsu and really liked it. Perhaps the others won'tt be so bad either!
The german version is nothing like Moonlight Densetsu. It's a fast-paced dance song.

MikeMyers

I read the second short story about Chibi-Usa's birthday. Pretty funny read. I wonder if the villain was meant to be
Wiseman
?

Surprised this one wasn't in the SuperS anime either, although I guess it was because the anime already did a birthday episode for Usagi in S.

Bladenic

I recall a gif that I think I've seen posted here, it's of Usagi riding a rollercoaster with one of the Star Lights while screaming and crying. Anyone have it? I couldn't find it by googling

Conan-san

Yeah, that's pretty funny.

It also reminds me once again that quite often both the art and animation on the original series was quite crummy, people really shouldn't be so hard on Crystal.

No, that's an animation quality of standard for 94 (?) in terms of anime and it still retains some degree of charm due.

Crystal is a clinical film as product affair. No soul to speak of except one of constant and flagrant animation errors.

CorvoSol

So I watched the Sailor Moon R movie the other day. It was okay. Villain sorta wasn't my thing, but it was nice to see the show place emphasis on how much Usagi mattered to the crew.

cj_iwakura

So I watched the Sailor Moon R movie the other day. It was okay. Villain sorta wasn't my thing, but it was nice to see the show place emphasis on how much Usagi mattered to the crew.

Sadly it's downhill from there, the R film easily has the most intense climax.

MikeMyers

I enjoyed the SuperS film the most. I assume you are starting Sailor Moon S now?

Also forgot to mention. When I saw that DBZ film in theaters last year I met a guy who legally changed his name to Mamoru after Tuxedo Mask. Last night I saw the new movie in theaters, and he was there again.

Bladenic

I enjoyed the SuperS film the most. I assume you are starting Sailor Moon S now?

Also forgot to mention. When I saw that DBZ film in theaters last year I met a guy who legally changed his name to Mamoru after Tuxedo Mask. Last night I saw the new movie in theaters, and he was there again.

Yikes

Edit: the amount of ho yay in sailor moon was always astronomical, but Mako-chan sure gets a fuckton. From staring at Ami's behind, to having Motoki's sister trying to kiss her, to episode 96, all of it.

Sailor Moon S 08

So they did that pen thing back in the 90s too :p

A pretty good Ami episode where you understand and feel for her a bit more. Guess there will be more Sailor focused episodes next week too?

Oh, and what happened to not wasting Daimons like they talked about in last weeks episodes? Seems like they're still doing that...

MikeMyers

That Ami episode is one of my favorite episodes of S. I was gonna mention that was the first Sato episode since the Doom Tree arc, but I think he did the introduction episode of S too.

CorvoSol

Sailor Moon S 2

Hell yes my name is Usagi and about once a season I have to get my shit shoved in by dopey MotWs so that Toei can market new plastic scepters to little girls. Thank you for your patience, I will return to being super badass in approximately 45 episodes.

MikeMyers

Yeah, you'll find her development being reset every season.

If you ever do check out the manga, I thought the manga did a really good job with her development. The last manga arc is basically an entire arc dedicated to the accumulation of her character arc, hence why its my favorite one.

Razmos

Bandai Namco have expressed interest in making a Sailor Moon game
Bandai Namco is known for publishing a wide variety of games based on popular anime properties, including Naruto and Once Piece. According to the company, if there is enough fan interest, another anime IP could join their roster: Sailor Moon.

The Sailor Scouts and their adventures were catapulted back into the spotlight last year with the launch of a new animated television series; the show would differ from its lengthy predecessor by more closely following the plot of creator Naoko Takeuchi’s manga, which ran from 1992 to 1997. Speaking at a press event this weekend, senior manager of IP strategy Tak Miyazoe suggested that a game based on the popular magical girl series isn’t entirely off the table.

Yes, yes please.
I would have posted this in the gaming section if I wasn't a lowly Junior.

IGN also posted an article about it: Why Doesn’t Sailor Moon Have a New Video Game?

“It really comes down to us being able to develop a compelling game that treats the Sailor Moon franchise the right way and we’d want to know that fans would support the game,” Tak Miyazoe, Senior Manager and IP Strategy at Bandai Namco told IGN. “ There are other factors that go into us deciding what we can and can’t make, but these two items would be some of the bigger questions we ask ourselves before diving into a project.”
“Sailor Moon is one of those beloved franchises that’s really making a come-back. Although we didn’t localize La Luna Splende when it originally released, we are not opposed to bringing Sailor Moon back to audiences here in the West if everything falls in place and if we see that fans are paying attention to Sailor Moon in a big way.” Miyazoe said.

Razmos

I've said this before, but I would kill for a Sailor Moon Warriors game, in the vain of One Piece Warriors.

All playable Senshi and some villains, limited movesets works well with the limited amount of attacks each character has.

Probably wouldn't have a very good story though..

Pluto

I think an RPG would be awesome, they can write a great story (maybe get Naoko Takeuchi to do it) and have turn based fights. Sailor Moon: Another Story was pretty good, I want more of that.

I'd personally like an action game...maybe a Dynasty Warriors: Sailor Moon...which I actually wrote a lengthy post about in another thread a year or two ago. Hah.

Part of me would like a good Sailor Moon game, but part of me also knows that Bandai Namco would outsource it for cheap with almost no QA if any.

If they get someone like 7th Chord to do it then that would be great.

Ayumi

Bandai Namco have expressed interest in making a Sailor Moon game

Yes, yes please.
I would have posted this in the gaming section if I wasn't a lowly Junior.
That article doesn't really hold ground for a new thread in the gaming section, I think. There is no actual announcement or content with information enough to warrant strong posts, and would only cause a thread full of theories and speculations. IIRC, mods don't take too kindly to loose material like that and would probably lock it (just letting you know for when you're no longer Junior and maybe want to start posting threads).

Top Bottom