• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Community Thread: She Blinded Me With Science!

cajunator

Banned
Haha. Nice. I'll try that out. Just gotta find a good picture to use...

By the way, here's some Sailor V avatar I made a few days ago if anyone wants to use it:

mQ6WXkI.png

:p

I have that pic saved somewhere long since abandoned by time. Sailor Venus was my first waifu.

Pluto

Hi everyone, after what seemed like endless delays I heard that the new anime will be released in June or July, I'm so excited.
I hope it's closer to the manga's story but keeps some of the anime's character development, especially for the villains.

My favorite version of Sailor Moon so far would be the live action series although I wasn't a fan of Sailor Luna.

MikeMyers

Hey there, welcome. PGSM is my favorite version too, and I am also excited for the new anime. I also noticed you like Sailor Pluto, splendid!

Pluto

Thanks, my interest in Sailor Moon is at an all time high right now. New anime announced, the figurarts, the DVD release over here and the new japanese edition of the manga all fuel the fire. The new manga edition is especially great, I've never seen the manga look so beautiful, the quality of the paper is much better than before and I absolutely love the new covers.

I was fascinated by Pluto's mysterious background, when she first appeared she was this lonely senshi guarding the time gate seemingly for eternity. She was calm but also strong and determined.

Even when she reappeared as Setsuna Meio some of that mystery remained, to this day I'm not sure if Setsuna Meio is a real person who awakened as Sailor Pluto of it Pluto just uses an alias to move among the mortals.

My pet theory is that Sailor Pluto only guards the time gate one day every year (in her personal timeline), it only seems like she's always there because she screwed with the "settings", it's a time gate so presumably she can control when people who want to pass through it show up, especially if the gate itself exists outside of time.

cj_iwakura

z63Riz1.jpg

It wound up being the same price as Sailor Moon R uncut, less the money I sold Tron Bonne for. Ah well. SMR had nicer packaging, too.

I should watch Fate/Zero. I only watched Fate/stay night, years ago. I still don't know why there are backslashes.

Oh, here's a transparent version of the avatar I previously posted:

U0YLMG5.png

I also did some slight color enhancements.

Pluto

WE NEED A PROPER DVD/BLURAY RELEASE!
I really have no idea what's taking Naoko Takeuchi so long, it seems she has a rule about only giving the show to two countries per year or something.

It will happen sooner or later, I had almost given up hope and suddenly it was announced that France and Germany will get DVDs. Fingers crossed that you're getting it next. :)

MikeMyers

I really have no idea what's taking Naoko Takeuchi so long, it seems she has a rule about only giving the show to two countries per year or something.

It will happen sooner or later, I had almost given up hope and suddenly it was announced that France and Germany will get DVDs. Fingers crossed that you're getting it next. :)

Do you not live in the US? the US got a manga release, so there's something.

Pluto

Do you not live in the US?
No, I live in Germany. I'm happy with our DVDs although they're not perfect, for some reason the japanese version is had subbed and they added a second version of every episode to the DVDs that's the old german tv version. I like having the episodes on DVD just as I saw them on tv (including the german techno opening) but I don't like not having a clean japanese version.

I also own the japanese release so I don't need the german DVDs to have a raw version, but it still would have been nice.

MikeMyers

Ah that's pretty cool. The manga recently got a release here in the US, so I read it all last year. I think I'm gonna re-read the whole thing over the summer. What do you think of Pluto's character in the comic?

Pluto

It's been some time since I read it, the re-release is just sitting on my shelf at the moment so I don't remember many specific details.

I liked her in the manga, especially how close she was to Chibiusa, I preferred her death being the reason for Black Lady becoming Chibiusa again to the way the anime did it, it showed how close they were.
I was a little bit disappointed how "normal" Setsuna became to be later in the manga, she was a student and then a nurse at the high school, in the manga she became just another sailor soldier, the anime kept some of the mystery surrounding her, I preferred that to be honest although I guess it was only done because the outers weren't used much after Sailor Moon S.

MikeMyers

Yeah I like her death in the manga too. R seems to be a season that isn't so popular when it comes to the anime version, but I like it a lot. The break-up is annoying but I like the storyline. Plus its where the TALENT line is from.

Pluto

I like R too, both arcs! But the break-up is something I hope gets ditched if the new anime does the Black Moon arc, it ultimately added nothing to the story and it seems like it was only created to add unnecessary drama.

When I first watched R and the sisters switched sides I had the theory that they would become Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto.

MikeMyers

I really liked the sisters feuding the Inner Senshi. Rei's rivarly with Koan was well done, and I liked Ami's chess match. Makoto's and Minako should have beaten in independent episodes. I *think* a similar case happens in SuperS, where Rei and Ami get power ups in their own episode and where as Makoto and Minako had to share theirs.

Going bed now, will respond to any messages tomorrow.

How's everyone doing? I still haven't taken my SH Figuarts Mars out of the box :(

That new set of Sailor Moon lingerie is out.. I want to buy some for my wife :3

Where do I get the lingerie?

Amazon sending me emails asking for to buy more mugs, I'm broke!

I saw this post from Moonkitty with links pop up on my Tumblr feed the other day: http://moonkittynet.tumblr.com/post/77364611369/sailor-moon-panties-and-bra-set-pre-orders

Anyway, I played the MegaDrive game again the other day, and I beat it with Sailor Moon. I forgot just how much freaking better it is than the Super Famicom beat 'em ups.

Bad cellphone pictures said:

Here's a review for it with info on moves and mechanics that most people seem to miss: http://www.whipassgaming.com/genesisreviews/sailormoon.html

Jump dashing is fun.

MikeMyers

I just got to find a discreet way to buy those things, hehe.

Yeah the Megadrive fighter I've played and really enjoy it. In fact I should probably give it another play-through soon. Man, I miss the era of beat em ups. I've barely played any games in the PS3/360/Wii era, and probably wont get a next-gen console for a while.

I only really liked a handful of games this past generation...mostly fighting games, and stuff from Nintendo. I didn't care much for most other games. I love pretty much anything released in the '70s, '80s, and '90s, though, and some early 2000s. I miss the days of Nintendo and Sega being the top dogs, and I miss Atari and NEC stuff, too. If I could remove Sony and Microsoft and bring Sega back as a console maker, I would. Hah.

I still buy everything, though. I'm not planning to buy a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One for quite a long time, though. Only thing I'm interested in so far is Killer Instinct, which I really liked when I played it at a tournament.

Anyway, yeah, go play MegaDrive Sailor Moon! And read the gameplay stuff in that review, as you might learn some new things.

By the way, in the options menu, the first option is difficulty. Here are translations for the settings:

ふつう = Normal
やさしい = Friendly
むず かしい = Difficult

Second is the number of continues. You can choose between 0 to 7. The rest of the options are just sound tests, if I remember correctly.

If you play on Difficult, you can fight Queen Metallia after Queen Beryl. The game is also more fun and challenging that way. Friendly is way too easy...everyone goes down in two or three hits. Even the bosses have short life bars. Regular enemies in Difficult have like two or three times as much health as bosses in Friendly. Hah.

MikeMyers

Which fighting games? I got quite a few. Other than that yeah my PS3 was used for anything but gaming despite having quite a collection. I too miss SEGA, the 16-bit era is my favourite.

Will play it again sometime soon. Last time I used Rei, maybe this time I'll use Minako as she's my favourite.

OOH, there's a Sailor Moon video game for the DS in Italy, anyone got that?

Which fighting games? I got quite a few.

For PlayStation 3, I have:

-Arcana Heart 3
-BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
-Darkstalkers Resurrection
-Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
-Fighting Vipers
-Injustice: Gods Among Us
-Marvel vs. Capcom 3
-Mortal Kombat II
-Mortal Kombat 9
-Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
-Soulcalibur IV
-Soulcalibur V
-Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition
-Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
-Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
-Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
-Tekken Revolution
-Tekken Tag Tournament 2
-Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

For Xbox 360, I have:

-Dead or Alive 4
-The King of Fighters XIII
-Soulcalibur IV
-Street Fighter X Tekken
-Tekken 6
-Virtua Fighter 5

I also have a ton on other consoles.

I too miss SEGA, the 16-bit era is my favourite.
Same here.

Will play it again sometime soon. Last time I used Rei, maybe this time I'll use Minako as she's my favourite.

I beat it first with Mars. I was playing with everyone in order, and I lost with Moon and Mercury, and then ended up finishing it with Mars.

OOH, there's a Sailor Moon video game for the DS in Italy, anyone got that?

It was brought up a few times before. I don't think anyone has it. It's expensive to import, I think. I've heard that it's not a very good game. It's a puzzle platformer that...doesn't feel like Sailor Moon at all. Here's a trailer.

cj_iwakura

We never did have those BlazBlue matches...

Crystal Tokyo room meetup!

Fun fact: every successive CPU I own has its my computer named Crystal Tokyo v(x).

cj_iwakura

Cool, cool. See ya' then. I'll add you on PSN and maybe start practicing a bit (since I haven't played it much yet) after Adventure Time and dinner in a moment.

By the way, did you ship out that copy of Corpse Killer yet?

Nope, Monday was bad. I'll be sure to bring it tomorrow, and be sure to check the interior. ;)

Also, I forgot I have Persona 1 running, mid dungeon with no save points nearby... I'll try to get out of this mess a soon as I can. (PS1 disc via the PS3)

Nope, Monday was bad. I'll be sure to bring it tomorrow, and be sure to check the interior. ;)

:O!

Also, I forgot I have Persona 1 running, mid dungeon with no save points nearby... I'll try to get out of this mess a soon as I can. (PS1 disc via the PS3)

Hmm...okey dokey. I'll just keep playing solo for a bit, then. I need the practice, anyway. I've barely played the game. I think this is only...my third time playing it. I did play previous versions before, though, but this is the first one I've actually owned...well, not counting my brother buying the wrong version when I asked for Extend, that is.

I already sent you a friend request, so just send me a message when you're ready.

cj_iwakura

By the way, that video on CK that someone linked lead to a Game Informer 'review' of it, and they had no idea what they were doing so gave up like five minutes into it.

I'll spare you that: you have to use the Datura Bullets against the boss zombies, which you 'earn' on Datura missions. You'll know when they hit by the sounds. If they go clack clack, they take no damage.

Cynosure

which scout is prettiest?

trick question - they all look exactly the same but with different hair and eye colours

jupiter

zeopower6

I think of Hotaru as the cutest, tbh. :/ Usagi varies because she's gorgeous in her Neo Queen forum but then as her teenage self it's like... bleh.

MikeMyers

For PlayStation 3, I have:

-Arcana Heart 3
-BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
-Darkstalkers Resurrection
-Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
-Fighting Vipers
-Injustice: Gods Among Us
-Marvel vs. Capcom 3
-Mortal Kombat II
-Mortal Kombat 9
-Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
-Soulcalibur IV
-Soulcalibur V
-Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition
-Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
-Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
-Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
-Tekken Revolution
-Tekken Tag Tournament 2
-Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

For Xbox 360, I have:

-Dead or Alive 4
-The King of Fighters XIII
-Soulcalibur IV
-Street Fighter X Tekken
-Tekken 6
-Virtua Fighter 5
Heh I just have SFxT, TTT2, MvC3, and DBZ for PS3. Also have UMK3/DOA for DS/3DS. We should play TTT2 together one day.

I beat it first with Mars. I was playing with everyone in order, and I lost with Moon and Mercury, and then ended up finishing it with Mars.
Hehe I just feel like Rei is the one most likely to beat up thugs on the street. Either her or Makoto.

It was brought up a few times before. I don't think anyone has it. It's expensive to import, I think. I've heard that it's not a very good game. It's a puzzle platformer that...doesn't feel like Sailor Moon at all. Here's a trailer.
Yeah I heard its bad, but I just wanna play it because its Sailor Moon. :)

We never did have those BlazBlue matches...
I've never played that. Perhaps I shall look into it.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I love the manga and anime about equally, don't care at all for the live-action version. I'm so pumped for this new version, I hope it steers closer to the manga/anime and ignores the LA version completely
#TeamMarsandPluto

Pluto

I heard once that Michiru was based on Naoko Takuechi herself, anyone confirm is this is true or not?
No idea, I've never heard that before, I thought she maybe based Minako on herself, she was the first and her family (like later Usagi's) was based on Naoko Takeuchi's.

Top Bottom