• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Community Thread: She Blinded Me With Science!

Any info on who will be on the covers of the final two volumes? The first 8 used the ten main senshi, so maybe the Starlights vor Vol.9 and Serenity and Endymion for Vol. 10?

You know...the Starlights have never been on the cover of any manga release. I imagine they'll probably either be some other form of Sailor Moon (Eternal, Neo Queen Serenity, Cosmos), or maybe collage shots.

The original release had random artworks for covers, none featuring the Starlights. The previous re-release, which had 12 volumes, used the ten main sailor soldiers/senshi/scouts for the first ten volumes, then Chibi Chibi for 11, and and Neo Queen Serenity with Chibiusa and Chibi Chibi for 12.

Mainly Lili and Asuka nowadays, but I do use other characters sometimes like Hwoarang, Kazuya, Jun, Alisa, Law, Lee, and others. I also like to play random character matches. Hah.

I also played in the NeoGAF tournament last year. I was actually the first to enter it! I lost, though. But I had fun. Here's some video of my tournament matches, and here are some casual matches afterwards. I actually did better in the casual ones. Hah.

Oh, I found pics of my Tekken 6 Xiaoyu Eternal Sailor Moon custom:

I remember her being a bit better. Oh, well. It's a very limited editor.

That's funny, that tournament was held like two weeks after I joined GAF, so I was just getting my feet wet and getting to know everyone.

I've played some matches with the Tekken Community thread people, even won some matches. They are damn good though. I rarely play at all, but Tekken's like riding a Bike, no? :) Anyway, you, Mike and I should all get a lobby going sometime in Tag 2. There'll be much Excellence.

Oh and cute Sailor Xiaoyu ^.^

Just let me know when you guys are down to play. I'm good for pretty much whenever.

Maybe I'll try and make some more Sailor Moon customs in preparation.

There's always next time! I only ended up playing with two of my friends. No one from GAF showed up.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna watch some more dubbed Sailor Moon SuperS, before this 22nd anniversary day ends.

Well I'm home. Boo!

Yknow, we should start a IRC chat or something.

MikeMyers

Sailor Moon Community: Where We Play Tekken

I'm on PS3 as LA-Kesh.

Over here. :)

Lots of work, barely any time for Sailor Moon, I hope to re-read the manga soon. I'm currently buying the new japanese release. Any info on who will be on the covers of the final two volumes? The first 8 used the ten main senshi, so maybe the Starlights vor Vol.9 and Serenity and Endymion for Vol. 10?

You are Pluto alright. Always here, but just discreetly...

Nah, it's cool. :p

I do sometimes think that the thread title should be changed, though. No need to reference the original failed thread anymore.

Do people still use that? I don't think I've ever actually tried it out. I used to use other messengers (AIM, MSN), but that was a long time ago...

Yeah, I still use it actually, I use AIM every day too, same with Yahoo/Skype/Facebook... a holdover from the dial-up days I guess haha..

MikeMyers

I used MSN but it died like two years ago.

Nice Sailor Xiaoyu on the other page by the way. I made my Asuka look like Kikyo from InuYasha, so she's wearing a typical Rei Hino miko outfit.

I'm laughing so hard right now at the actual title change. Hahahaha. That's too awesome.

Yeah, I still use it actually, I use AIM every day too, same with Yahoo/Skype/Facebook... a holdover from the dial-up days I guess haha..

I log into AIM once in a while, but I never see anyone online, so I just sign off. I use Facebook chat occasionally.

I used MSN but it died like two years ago.

I thought MSN/Live Messenger died way before that...but did it literally die? I just know that everyone I know stopped using it a very long time ago. I mostly just see people from South America use it.

INice Sailor Xiaoyu on the other page by the way. I made my Asuka look like Kikyo from InuYasha, so she's wearing a typical Rei Hino miko outfit.

Thanks! I tried to recreate her in Tag 2 earlier, but it...didn't come out too great. Heh. My Alisa Eternal Sailor Moon in that looks better, but it's still kinda meh...and I made three versions, too!

I'm laughing so hard right now at the actual title change. Hahahaha. That's too awesome.

I log into AIM once in a while, but I never see anyone online, so I just sign off. I use Facebook chat occasionally.

I've constantly got it going, so anyone can contact me, I also reply to PM's here and on facebook if anyone wants to add me there.

MikeMyers

We didn't even cross paths...kind of like how Ami doesn't actually solo fight the Shitennou in the manga if my memory serves me right.

Jadiete beaten by Mars
Nephrite beaten by Jupiter
Zoisite beaten by Venus
Kunzite beaten by all four at once.

I do like how 4 out of 5 of the main posters here came together fro the anime's birthday.

This is truly where we play Tekken.

ibkDWmgOsX9Ovb.JPG

Now, if only the Super Famicom Sailor Moon S fighter had online play...

This is truly where we play Tekken.

Now, if only the Super Famicom Sailor Moon S fighter had online play...

Nice poster! I see the Mario and Luigi beanies there too. The Bobs as the Mario Bros was funny. I really need to make some cute costumes. Need to see if we can make Lee Tuxedo Mask.

What joystick is that? it's pretty rad.

Well I made an ass out of myself :(

No you didn't! You played pretty well, beat my ass a couple rounds actually xD

Nice poster! I see the Mario and Luigi beanies there too. The Bobs as the Mario Bros was funny. I really need to make some cute costumes. Need to see if we can make Lee Tuxedo Mask.

Thanks! I love that poster. It was a pre-order bonus. I have a bunch of other posters and wallscrolls around my room (Zelda, Ninja Gaiden, Buffy, Strider, Darkstalkers, and a Tekken 6 calendar). I wanna add a Sailor Moon poster/wallscroll someday. I also have tons of other posters (Spider-Man, Metal Gear Solid, Tekken 3, other stuff) that aren't hung up because I don't have the space for them.

I've had those little plush beanies since I was kid. They were released back in the N64 days. I also had Bowser, Banjo and Kazooie, and Mumbo Jumbo, but I lost those when I moved to Florida. :(

Super Bob Bros. are the best! I'm surprised at how well I do with them, too.

I think I've seen a Tuxedo Mask once, so it might be possible.

What joystick is that? it's pretty rad.

It's an old PlayStation 1/2 MAS stick. They went for around $150~$200, but I found mine at flea market for $10 a few years ago the weekend before my birthday that year. Too awesome. I use it on my PlayStation 3 with a USB adapter that I also use on my PC.

Awesome USB adapters are the best! I'm up to play anytime too. Also, I'm up for anything co-op, Moon Diver, Castlevania HoD, etc. Wish we had a 4 player online Sailor Moon game :(

Oh, and I agree we should get an IRC going. The Keions have one, as does many communities on GAF here. Or, at the least we could do a steam group. Steam has a great chat as well. I'll leave it up to Mike and KDash if they want to do either.

Can't believe I haven't opened up my SCV yet. I got the CE on sale at BB for like 25 bucks a long while ago. lol I played it a ton of 360 but not on PS3 yet. You gonna be up for a while KDash?

Okay, Okay xD Starting it now. It'll need to install a bit I believe. I have no costumes here either :(

SC always had great character customization though.

Awesome USB adapters are the best! I'm up to play anytime too. Also, I'm up for anything co-op, Moon Diver, Castlevania HoD, etc. Wish we had a 4 player online Sailor Moon game :(

Oh, and I agree we should get an IRC going. The Keions have one, as does many communities on GAF here. Or, at the least we could do a steam group. Steam has a great chat as well. I'll leave it up to Mike and KDash if they want to do either.

Can't believe I haven't opened up my SCV yet. I got the CE on sale at BB for like 25 bucks a long while ago. lol I played it a ton of 360 but not on PS3 yet. You gonna be up for a while KDash?

I'm up for starting a Steam group.. would people like that? IRC as well, that'd be fun.

Good games KDash! Loved the SCV costumes. The ending of Mercury and Siegfried was cool as hell. lol. Also the picture card of Mario before the battle was pretty dang funny.

Have to decline your invitation TheBatman, I don't even own SC-V.

I told you, just call me Bats xD

Anyways, no worries. Do you have IV? I'm gonna try to pick it up to play with KDash. Like the characters available in IV more. Still looks pretty as well.

Have a great night everyone!

tumblr_lzvl2nsed51qho6hyo1_500.png

I'm up for starting a Steam group.. would people like that? IRC as well, that'd be fun.

How does one...IRC? Never used it. I have joined Steam groups, but done nothing in them. Hah.

Good games KDash! Loved the SCV costumes. The ending of Mercury and Siegfried was cool as hell. lol. Also the picture card of Mario before the battle was pretty dang funny.

Thanks! I put a ton of work into all of those...and there's still so many left for you to you see! And yeah, that ending was cool/funny. I love how our supers cancelled each other out and then the match ended with us passed out. Hah.

I actually haven't played since Soul Blade/Soul Edge in the PSX days!

God damn.

I personally own all of the Soulcalibur games...except the "HD" digital releases and Legends for the Wii, which isn't even a fighting game. I own all of the Tekken games except 1 and 4...which I kept meaning to buy, but never did. I have played both multiple times in the arcades or with friends copies, though...and Tekken 5 comes with the arcade versions of 1, 2, and 3...so I sorta do have 1, but not really? Heh.

Anyway, I watched a few episodes of the dubbed version of Sailor Moon SuperS right before we played. I stopped after the episode where Sailor Mercury gets her Aqua Rhapsody attack. I might watch more later. I wanna finish it so I can get to rewatching Sailor Stars...which I'll, of course, be watching again in Japanese, since there is no official English dub.

MikeMyers

I remember seeing a fan dub of Stars on youtube that was made to mirror the DiC stuff, except it was better acted. I dunno how much I can say about it on here though.

I watched the first episode of that, I think. I still don't know why they decided to do that, but hey, some people enjoy it, so whatever. They take forever to dub the episodes, though...but they are doing it for free, so it's to be expected.

MikeMyers

Bats one day I'll beat you!

tumblr_mj5ua6pfOW1ro8ba4o2_250.gif

Ooh. Would it be possible to do me/Kdash Vs Bats/Rorykick? It can be any tag alliance, I was just wondering if you could do 4 players.

SaintZ

The company/store that made the mexican DVDs just announced that they brought these figurines over (they also sell the SH Figuarts series).

1948159_10152086562016884_1236756005_n.jpg

They are 11 bucks (approx) each. I'm very tempted to get them because the store is just two blocks away from my apartment but they are also a little bit pricey.

They are so cute tho

w9f2mmwulr.png

I'd really love to have those figurines. But I'm cheap when it comes to anything that isn't video games. :(

It took me months to contemplate getting my Sailor Moon S.H. Figuarts figure, and I'm still sometimes wondering if I made the right decision...I could have gotten a PC Engine instead, or a bunch of games, or saved it up for 3DS XL...or...

I do like the figure, though. It's nice. But it just sorta...stands there on display. I did have some fun taking that silly Valentine's Day picture I posted, though. Hah.

Ooh. Would it be possible to do me/Kdash Vs Bats/Rorykick? It can be any tag alliance, I was just wondering if you could do 4 players.

I know you can do teams if someone else is with you playing on the same system, but I don't think you can do it online. I could be wrong, though. You can play with online teams in Street Fighter X Tekken, though.

I'd so get those Ranma Blu-rays...if they were a bit cheaper. Heh.

I might look into that new remastered manga release, though. I only have the first four volumes of a previous release.

I should also get the rest of the Sailor Moon manga...

MikeMyers

Anime is too expensive, manga takes up too space.

We can't win can we?

The new manga release of SM is good, thank god its not flipped.

Bats one day I'll beat you!

tumblr_mj5ua6pfOW1ro8ba4o2_250.gif

dOGNSf5.jpg

KDash is correct, you can do Pair Play online only if two people are playing on each system, so sadly online is not an option. Wish they had figured this out though.

I'd so get those Ranma Blu-rays...if they were a bit cheaper. Heh.

I might look into that new remastered manga release, though. I only have the first four volumes of a previous release.

I should also get the rest of the Sailor Moon manga...

I would love to pick up the Ranma blu-rays as well, I might check out season 1, even if S2 is my favorite. Ranma is a top 3 anime of mine. <3

Ranma is a top 3 anime of mine. <3

Same here, though I think I mentioned before, no?

I guess my top three would be:

-Sailor Moon
-Slayers
-Ranma ½

I might have mentioned that before, too. These are pretty much the first three things that pop into my head when I think of anime.

I don't own any DVSs or anything yet, though, but I do own a few manga volumes of each:

Besides Codename: Sailor V, I don't have any complete manga collections. :/

MikeMyers

Anime I Own:
-Dragon Ball/Z/GT
-InuYasha/Inuyasha Final Act
-Sailor Moon.....I wish!

Manga I Own:
-Codename: Sailor V
-Dragon Ball
-InuYasha [Incomplete]
-Mermaid Saga
-Sailor Moon
-Random volumes of Love Hina, Naruto, Yugioh, and Negima.

I try to avoid buying manga because it takes up way too much space. I will get Ranma at one point, and I want to check out other Rumic works. I own the entire DB franchise, but I only really love Pilaf Arc-Red Ribbon Arc. I do want to read Dr. Slump though.

Series not on there I enjoy are Digimon and Cardcaptor Sakura, need to check out Magic Knight Rayearth at one point too.

Edit: Speaking of which, Naru will be voicing Videl in DBZ Kai Buu arc. The original Videl was done by Hotaru's VA.

Same here, though I think I mentioned before, no?

I guess my top three would be:

-Sailor Moon
-Slayers
-Ranma ½

Bisonyes.gif

That's really a great list. See, I'm a huge fan of the "classics" I guess you can call them now. Sailor Moon obviously, Slayers, NEXT and TRY were all fantastic, and Ranma was fantastic for most of the TV series, then had amazing OVAs and two great movies. Ranma-chan's best girl btw ;)
I made a Ranma-chan create-a-soul in SCIV. lol

I bought half the TV series on DVD so I'm not thrilled having to buy on Blu-Ray, but I'll give it a shot.

Other favorite of mine

Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Great Teacher Onizuka
Martian Successor Nadesico
Street Fighter II V
Vandread

It's very rare for a newer anime to captivate me like some of the older stuff, although Log Horizon and Kill la Kill are very close.

We'll have to hope the new Sailor Moon we get later this year falls under that same sort of awesome :)

Top Bottom