• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Community Thread: She Blinded Me With Science!

cj_iwakura

The most complete manga collection I have is Initial D, up to where I lost interest(the Project D arc). The charm of the series is it being about a normal guy, so I stopped enjoying it as much when Takumi goes pro.

Aside from Sailor Moon, the only other complete manga series I own would be Hokuto no Ken and Riki-Oh. The rest I just have different volumes here and there. I'm really close to completing my Akira set though.

It's very rare for a newer anime to captivate me like some of the older stuff, although Log Horizon and Kill la Kill are very close.

I love Kill la Kill. I really like quite a few post-2000 animes. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Steins;Gate, Tsukihime, Fate/stay night, Nichijou, Azumanga Daioh...maybe more. These are pretty much what comes right after that top three.

Series not on there I enjoy are Digimon and Cardcaptor Sakura, need to check out Magic Knight Rayearth at one point too.

I watched a bit of Cardcaptor Sakura back when the dub used to air on TV. Haven't watched it since...but maybe I should check it out again. I should also watch the rest of Magic Knight Rayearth. I only watched the first episode...which I'll need to rewatch, since that was like 2 years ago.

Also, I like how every post in this page so far has been from a different user. Yay!

MikeMyers

I think the Cardcaptor dub crops out half the show and basically changes the plot.

When the summer starts I plan on re-watching PGSM.

Edit: Should I check out the Ranma OVAs?

Ranma OVAs are some of my favorite episodes. "An Akane to Remember" may be my favorite, as we see our Goddess Ranma-chan in a Sailor Fuku <3

All of them are pretty epic. The DoCo music videos are all must-watches too.

MikeMyers

Will check out the Ranma OVAs.

tumblr_n21v9wrDFc1ro8ba4o1_500.png

Very subtle irony Minako.

tumblr_n21wsukCIb1ro8ba4o1_500.png

tumblr_inline_n21wvquf7t1r6uc34.png

OTP confirmed.

tumblr_n1xnbiU80E1ro8ba4o2_1280.png

tumblr_n1xnbiU80E1ro8ba4o1_1280.png

tumblr_n1xnbiU80E1ro8ba4o3_1280.png

tumblr_n1xnbiU80E1ro8ba4o4_1280.png

Dem Minako legs.

Not much to go on. I was hoping they would change the uniforms.

It's an adaptation of the manga. It was never going to be very different.

Sailor Moon's outfit now matches the manga version, however, which has a different brooch and choker than the anime, and she has the little wing clips in her hair, which she didn't get in the anime until her Super version. She also has sideburns (is that what you'd call it? Or side hair, whichever) in the manga, which she doesn't in the anime.

Syrinx

I'm probably going to do a rewatch in preparation for this when I get around to finishing up Ojamajo Doremi.

I like the art, hopefully there will be a bit more next week, but I'll not get my hopes up.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm probably going to do a rewatch in preparation for this when I get around to finishing up Ojamajo Doremi.

I like the art, hopefully there will be a bit more next week, but I'll not get my hopes up.

Yeah likewise.

I might bite the bullet and finally watch SuperS as well.

I like SuperS.

Which reminds me...I finished watching all of the English dubbed version of the series last night. It was interesting, and for the most part, I enjoyed it...well, mostly S and SuperS (don't like the DiC stuff much), but yeah, in the future, I'm sticking to rewatching the Japanese version.

I'd watch a redubbed English version, though. Or maybe one of the Spanish dubs, which seem pretty good from what little I've seen.

MikeMyers

Woot, day I don't come on and the thread explodes!

I like SuperS.

Honestly I do too. The season could stand to lose a few episodes, mainly most of the Usagi/Chibiusa solo episodes, but its still a solid season. Fisheye is one of my favourite characters, and the season gets pretty strong when the Amazon Quartet show up.

602092_555312821176365_1469292617_n.jpg

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Woot, day I don't come on and the thread explodes!

Honestly I do too. The season could stand to lose a few episodes, mainly most of the Usagi/Chibiusa solo episodes, but its still a solid season. Fisheye is one of my favourite characters, and the season gets pretty strong when the Amazon Quartet show up.

602092_555312821176365_1469292617_n.jpg

Go through all that effort and you do it to a Toyota and not a Saturn...

Dammit, I go away for a couple days and all the fun happens! Ya know, fighting evil by moonlight and all that jazz. ;P

Teaser looks gorgeous. and Naoko's birthday tomorrow! Hype.

Yeah likewise.

I might bite the bullet and finally watch SuperS as well.

Kave! Didn't know you were a Sailor Moon fan :D

MikeMyers

tumblr_n1ff49xHDT1soet89o5_500.gif

WORLD SHAKING

I was rewatching some PGSM today. I really liked how the Shitennou were handled it; hopefully they'll get an important storyline in the new anime.

MikeMyers

Yeah, but when aren't you watching that? ;)

Anyway, while I like the new art style, I'm still keeping expectations low. Do we know how many episodes this will be? Wonder if it'll only be first season.

I assume first season for now, but if its a big hit they'll do the rest.

And yes, always watching PGSM. Still praying one day the original anime comes to Blu-Ray.

Top Bottom