• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Community Thread: She Blinded Me With Science!

MikeMyers

jEDTd2PfevjMR.png

Never noticed this little gem from the starving artist episode of SuperS.

MikeMyers

You can PM MikeHattsu; he is the one who took that picture.

So what is a non-manga thing that you want to see in the new adaptation? I want more villain development personally.

Just finished volume 9. Wasn't really feeling this arc to start with and I'm still not sure that I like the Dead Moon Circus group of villains compared to previous ones but I've enjoyed the format of focus chapters for each character, and the Outer Guardians' little family is just the sweetest thing after their introduction as lonely, isolated individuals.

So what is a non-manga thing that you want to see in the new adaptation? I want more villain development personally.

Musical numbers :v

Nah, I guess those can be left to the stage shows.

Amalthea

Banned
Yeah, you know what's strange? I ordered the latest issue of ViVi because of the Sailor Moon pouch and there's barely no engrish despite the usual amount of english sentences of Japanese publications. I'm impressed.

MikeMyers

Just finished volume 9. Wasn't really feeling this arc to start with and I'm still not sure that I like the Dead Moon Circus group of villains compared to previous ones but I've enjoyed the format of focus chapters for each character, and the Outer Guardians' little family is just the sweetest thing after their introduction as lonely, isolated individuals.

I liked that arc because of the reason I bolded.

The character-focus felt lacking in the manga.

I liked that arc because of the reason I bolded.

The character-focus felt lacking in the manga.

Yeah, having just read volume 10 this morning, I ultimately came around on it because of those reasons.

I think to start with it just feels a bit flat because the first arc introduces the main cast and core concepts, then the second brings in Chibiusa, Pluto and the 30th Century, then the third arc introduces the rest of the Outer Guardians and expands on the end of Silver Millennium while this one feels more like a "regrouping" arc where rather than continually expanding like the first three did, it just refocuses and brings it all back together again (while still introducing new aspects of the mythos with Elysion).

The character focus facilitated by this, with enemies that are targeting their dreams and aspirations, is a nice change of pace compared to the constant "go, go, go" pushing forward of the first few arcs even though it takes a couple of chapters to really get into that.

Also, Helios is pretty cool.

MikeMyers

Do we ever find out why Nehelenia was evil in the manga? I know that
she's a Choas incarnation
, but I would have liked to have seen more of backstory. We do get the whole
cursing the Moon Kingdom
story, but even there she is the same person she is in the present if I remember correctly. Using spoiler tags since you are still reading it.

Since we did Puar Vs Luna, what about Karin Vs Artemis? I go with the latter; the former always struck me as an asshole.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Nehelenia is the yin to Serenity's yang. It's when Takeuchi gets the most direct with her ideas about good-evil duality in the story, and also lends from Sleeping Beauty a bit.

Yeah, it's pretty much that she's Serenity's counterpart from the developing dark side of the moon who is annoyed that she isn't invited to the celebration of Usagi's birth and because evil is evil and perfect light doesn't cast shadows or whatever she gets shoved into the mirror, after which she curses the moon kingdom.

Since we did Puar Vs Luna, what about Karin Vs Artemis? I go with the latter; the former always struck me as an asshole.

I haven't really read or watched much stuff with Karin in a while but yeah, gotta go Artemis. Same as my reasoning for Luna I like how he's there to protect and guide Minako but also sasses her a lot, and the stuff I've just finished reading kinda expanded on that a bit with his part in her regaining her ability to transform and the cats taking on human forms.

I do like the Karin/Yajirobe interplay though.

MikeMyers

Karin's one of the few DB characters that I just never liked for some reason. Not a big Future Trunks fan either.

Nehelenia is the yin to Serenity's yang. It's when Takeuchi gets the most direct with her ideas about good-evil duality in the story, and also lends from Sleeping Beauty a bit.

That's what I figured.

I actually liked her storyline in the anime as well; she is probably my favourite Big Bad in the anime.

I'm probably going to re-read the entire manga when I finish the semester next month.

MikeMyers

Well he's kind of lacking in personality, and most of his fights are mostly one-sided stomps. His only interesting moment for me his is his battle against Perfect Cell. It's not that I hate him as that is way too strong of a word, but he's just.....dull. I guess he's good in the sense that adds more to Vegeta's character. Vegeta's is probably the most conflicted, but even he is inconsistent.

-----

Since we are talking about characters, and this is the Sailor Moon thread. I was gonna say Mamoru is by far my favourite character in my favourite adaptation, PGSM. With the anime, its Minako of the main characters but Fisheye if we count minor ones. Haven't decided for the manga yet, but I will when I re-read it.

Well he's kind of lacking in personality, and most of his fights are mostly one-sided stomps. His only interesting moment for me his is his battle against Perfect Cell. It's not that I hate him as that is way too strong of a word, but he's just.....dull. I guess he's good in the sense that adds more to Vegeta's character. Vegeta's actually my favourite of the "DBZ" era because even though he acts insanely dumb at times, he feels like the most conflicted.

I like him for the same reason I like Gohan: being a character who doesn't necessarily like fighting for fighting's sake but does it because he has to to protect the people important to him makes for an interesting contrast amongst a cast full of martial artists. Additionally his interactions with Vegeta and Gohan are interesting, and his visual design is just generally kinda cool.

Since we are talking about characters, and this is the Sailor Moon thread. I was gonna say Mamoru is by far my favourite character in my favourite adaptation, PGSM. With the anime, its Minako of the main characters but Fisheye if we count minor ones. Haven't decided for the manga yet, but I will when I re-read it.

In what I've read of the manga so far Mamoru, Makoto and Haruka are my top three characters. I haven't seen the cartoon past R and it's been like fifteen years since I last watched that (have it all lined up for a rewatch/proper viewing once I finish the comic, though) but my favourite characters as a kid were Jupiter and Tuxedo Mask.

Still haven't watched PGSM despite being a big Rider/Ranger fan. Will probably slot that in between finishing reading the comic and starting on revisiting the cartoon.

MikeMyers

I like him for the same reason I like Gohan: being a character who doesn't necessarily like fighting for fighting's sake but does it because he has to to protect the people important to him makes for an interesting contrast amongst a cast full of martial artists. Additionally his interactions with Vegeta and Gohan are interesting, and his visual design is just generally kinda cool.

Heh, that's an interesting way to put it. You know I always found it so weird that Trunks doesn't seem to have a strong connection to the younger Gohan given how close they were in the original timeline. I liked Kid Gohan's character arc too, but it kind of seems to repeat itself in the Cell Arc. The Saiyan battle had him overcoming his doubts and fighting to protect his friends even though he doesn't like it, and then that kind of repeats at the Cell Games. He doesn't really seem to have that problem on Namek, so it comes across as regression for me when it happens at the Cell Games. This is made worse by those filler scenes where Gohan is training in the Time Chamber and aggressively harps on about how much he wishes to take down Cell, making it look especially awkward when Gohan refuses to fight Cell. Ironically, I felt the Saiyan Saga filler helped flesh out Gohan's character arc more. Saiyaman is best though.

In what I've read of the manga so far Mamoru, Makoto and Haruka are my top three characters. I haven't seen the cartoon past R and it's been like fifteen years since I last watched that (have it all lined up for a rewatch/proper viewing once I finish the comic, though) but my favourite characters as a kid were Jupiter and Tuxedo Mask.

Still haven't watched PGSM despite being a big Rider/Ranger fan. Will probably slot that in between finishing reading the comic and starting on revisiting the cartoon.

I've always enjoyed Haruka's Voice Actor (WORLD SHAKING!), I remember checking out the Toei Yu-Gi-Oh! and Yu Yu Hakusho episodes just to hear that voice even though I'm not really big on those series.

PGSM is my favourite since it's the most character-driven one in my opinion. At first I thought I didn't care to see it because it looked silly, even for something based on a manga. A friend of mine begged me to watch it, and boy did I enjoy it.

Heh, that's an interesting way to put it. You know I always found it so weird that Trunks doesn't seem to have a strong connection to the younger Gohan given how close they were in the original timeline. I liked Kid Gohan's character arc too, but it kind of seems to repeat itself in the Cell Arc. The Saiyan battle had him overcoming his doubts and fighting to protect his friends even though he doesn't like it, and then that kind of repeats at the Cell Games. He doesn't really seem to have that problem on Namek, so it comes across as regression for me when it happens at the Cell Games. This is made worse by those filler scenes where Gohan is training in the Time Chamber and aggressively harps on about how much he wishes to take down Cell, making it look especially awkward when Gohan refuses to fight Cell. Ironically, I felt the Saiyan Saga filler helped flesh out Gohan's character arc more. Saiyaman is best though.

Yeah, his stuff with Gohan is a bit understated, but that's kind of the fun part of it. It comes across in the sideways glances and the way he speaks to him that he has a certain sort of reverence for the character that becomes his mentor in the broken future.

In terms of Gohan in the Cell arc, I think it works because it's not so much about an unwillingness to fight as his doubt in his own power. He's still like nine years old and his father that always saves the world is right there. What can he as a young kid contribute? He still sees himself as below being the hero. Plus I really like Cyborg 16 a lot so his death being given that kind of impact is good to me and Spirit vs Spirit is a super cool song so I just generally like the SSj2 transformation.

Saiyaman is definitely best Gohan though. It shows his having lapsed in the time of peace but still wanting to help and protect people.

I've always enjoyed Haruka's Voice Actor (WORLD SHAKING!), I remember checking out the Toei Yu-Gi-Oh! and Yu Yu Hakusho episodes just to hear that voice even though I'm not really big on those series.

PGSM is my favourite since it's the most character-driven one in my opinion. At first I thought I didn't care to see it because it looked silly, even for something based on a manga. A friend of mine begged me to watch it, and boy did I enjoy it.

That's a cool WORLD SHAKING.

I'm really looking forward to both revisiting the cartoon and finally watching PGSM. As much as I've enjoyed reading the comic (and I've enjoyed it a lot and found myself compelled to keep reading when I might have otherwise just put it down mid volume) it really is just pushing forward the whole time. There's no room for characters to breath, and the adaptations seem like they give more of that.

MikeMyers

Just in case some people are getting bothered the off topic discussions I decided to tag this so post so people can easily skip those.

ON-TOPIC
PGSM has its charms, but it wrecks Minako a bit too much for my tastes.

Yeah the variation of personalities for the characters regarding certain adaptations is always something that sparks a strong reaction out of people. Personally, I enjoyed Minako's persona there and I felt like her relationship with Rei made her more of a conflicted character. In fact, that's a big reason why I like that version, as the characters feel more conflicted thus interesting there.

That's a cool WORLD SHAKING.

I'm really looking forward to both revisiting the cartoon and finally watching PGSM. As much as I've enjoyed reading the comic (and I've enjoyed it a lot and found myself compelled to keep reading when I might have otherwise just put it down mid volume) it really is just pushing forward the whole time. There's no room for characters to breath, and the adaptations seem like they give more of that.

Yeah, the anime and the manga feel like polar opposites. The former seems more character-driven while the latter is more plot-driven. PGSM seems to be a combination of both, but maybe that is my inner fanboy talking at this point.
lol.gif

OFF-TOPIC
In terms of Gohan in the Cell arc, I think it works because it's not so much about an unwillingness to fight as his doubt in his own power. He's still like nine years old and his father that always saves the world is right there. What can he as a young kid contribute? He still sees himself as below being the hero. Plus I really like Cyborg 16 a lot so his death being given that kind of impact is good to me and Spirit vs Spirit is a super cool song so I just generally like the SSj2 transformation.

Hmm, I can buy into that interpretation, but that whole Cell Games fight was just bland to me. It didn't really feel like a real fight until the Kamehameha duel. Gah, honestly I just dislike that whole arc the instant Cell wins against Future Trunks. Cell goes from being smart and calculating to being arrogant and self-sabotaging. I know Toriyama wanted to more with Semi-Perfect Cell, and I kind of like that. He was more interesting when he was a creepy horror-ques villain wanted to be be complete, rather than just being an evil egotistical bastard who is evil just because the plot demands it.

Saiyaman is definitely best Gohan though. It shows his having lapsed in the time of peace but still wanting to help and protect people.

Yeah, that is the only time he seems to have a personality beyond that of milquetoast. but even that seems brushed away by the time the Babidi stuff starts.

MikeMyers

You know what the new anime needs more than anything? Better fashion for Mamo-chan.

Like what is that? The top makes his head look like it's not even on properly, but at least he is representing his status as the Prince of Earth.

Now you could argue that the girls had bad fashion too early on, but I felt like it had improved later on.

From a SuperS episode, stylish! Biggest winner here in Blue Beret Ami.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The most impressive thing about that is that Sailor Moon has wardrobe management. The people making the show kept track of who has what outfits and then picks from that selection. If a character gets a new outfit, then they remember it. There's even a point where Usagi re-uses the moth eaten swimsuit.

Also, that bag is of Goldfish Warning, the staff's prior work. Wapiko can also be seen in cameos elsewhere.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
That pink-haired girl in the background is Wapiko.

U5ujz0j.jpg

...and the main character of Goldfish Warning looks rather familiar...

O42Aaip.jpg

MikeMyers

Oh, so that's where Sailor V went of to!

So what's the deal with Episode #67 (Chibiusa befriends a dinosaur)? Apparently Takeuchi hated it so much it's not even included in DVD releases or something? Honestly I enjoyed it.

kingkitty

I don't know if I'm the first person to say this, but Sailor Moon is a lot better than DBZ. It's a shame that DBZ got all the fame and glory. Reminds me of the Nikola Tesla and Thomas Edison feud.

I don't know if I'm the first person to say this, but Sailor Moon is a lot better than DBZ. It's a shame that DBZ got all the fame and glory. Reminds me of the Nikola Tesla and Thomas Edison feud.

Apples and Oranges. DBZ has more World Wide recognizition, but even SM still has quite the international presence.

I love both shows for what they are, two of my first, and will always have a special place for them in my heart always.

It's great to see both these revived with this new Sailor Moon, and the new DBZ Movies we're getting.

Wowwowow just read volumes 11 and 12. Talk about going out with a bang. Completely blows the lid off the scope of things (the
Amazoness Quartet
showed that there are other guardians out there sure, but this is taken to a whole other level) and it wastes no time getting down to business
indiscriminately killing people left, right and center
. The concept of "star seeds" and the galactic cauldron is all really cool, interesting stuff.

Ending on
Mamo-chan and Usa's wedding
is perfect, too.

MikeMyers

That Sailor Saturn Figuarts is very badass.

The only action figure I own is a Buffy Summers one.

Wowwowow just read volumes 11 and 12. Talk about going out with a bang. Completely blows the lid off the scope of things (the
Amazoness Quartet
showed that there are other guardians out there sure, but this is taken to a whole other level) and it wastes no time getting down to business
indiscriminately killing people left, right and center
. The concept of "star seeds" and the galactic cauldron is all really cool, interesting stuff.

Ending on
Mamo-chan and Usa's wedding
is perfect, too.

Well done! Are you going to read Sailor V and the Short Stories too?

Well done! Are you going to read Sailor V and the Short Stories too?

I read Sailor V before starting on this run of SM and had read it before about a decade ago but yeah, I'll be reading the short stories soon.

I'd love an adaptation of it either in terms of like a Codename Sailor V OVA or even just being incorporated into Crystal as flashback episodes or whatever.

MikeMyers

You've just gained so many cool points from me.

I have (had?) a Buffy figure, too...but my friends accidentally broke her legs off. :(

Yeah, Buffy is one of my favourite shows ever. In fact, I was considering making a Community Thread for that but decided to do this instead since there was a new anime coming out and thus more to talk about. My cousin bought me that figure as a Xmas Present in 2010. Haven't unopened it either.

Willow is my favourite character; my best friend in High School was her cousin but I still haven't met her yet.

It looks like volumes 11 and 12 of the new manga release in Japan are apparently confirmed to be Codename: Sailor V, as expected. They should be out in late May.

The Sailor Jupiter S.H. Figuarts figure is up for pre-order on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JGW4S10/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It also looks like the Sailor Saturn S.H. Figuarts figure will be out in the U.S. in September: https://www.facebook.com/Tamashii.U...407754.63448.155435907808916/760125540673280/

Bluefin Tamashii Nations USA said:
It’s official, S.H.Figuarts Sailor Saturn is making her way to stores this August (Sept U.S.)!!

http://sailormoon.tamashii.jp/

Two months after the unveiling of the prototype at Wonder Festival 2014 [Winter] in Japan, the first full color images are being released.

Sailor Saturn is the 6th addition, and first Outer Sailor Senshi, to join the S.H.Figuarts Sailor Moon line-up!

As a member of the high-quality S.H.Figuarts brand, Sailor Saturn is beautifully detailed and comes with her elegantly fearsome weapon, Silence Glaive. Additional facial expression parts and a display stand are also included in set. Pose Sailor Saturn along with the other Sailor Senshi and recreate dynamic scenes from the anime!

Sailor Saturn will be carried by stores around the globe- please check our agents list for local release info (http://tamashii.jp/special/global/)
and stay-tuned for pre-order announcements!

Product Information:
Product: S.H.Figuarts Sailor Saturn
Expected Sale Date: August, 2014 (Sept 2014 U.S.)
MSRP:4500yen +tax (U.S. price coming soon)
Figure Height: 13 cm
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, Buffy is one of my favourite shows ever. In fact, I was considering making a Community Thread for that but decided to do this instead since there was a new anime coming out and thus more to talk about.

Buffy is one of my favorite shows, too! I have the entire series on DVD (along with the movie and all but the last season of Angel), and I've watched it all twice. I've been thinking for a good long while about doing a third watch through soon, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I also have both of the Xbox games, and I also have a nice wallscroll in my room.

It'd be cool to have a community thread, but I guess there's not that much new to talk about, unless you read the comics. My older brother has them, but I haven't read them all yet.

Willow is my favourite character; my best friend in High School was her cousin but I still haven't met her yet

I'm not sure if I have a favorite...I like everyone. That last part is pretty crazy, though!

My cousin bought me that figure as a Xmas Present in 2010. Haven't unopened it either.

It's cool. I'm pretty sure that's impossible, anyway, unless you have time controlling powers or something like that. :p

MikeMyers

-Bought Sailor Saturn T-Shirt
-Came in wrong size
-Return it and get new order
-Order cancelled due to lack to stock

The universe does not want me to have a Sailor Saturn T-Shirt.

Buffy is one of my favorite shows, too! I have the entire series on DVD (along with the movie and all but the last season of Angel), and I've watched it all twice. I've been thinking for a good long while about doing a third watch through soon, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I also have both of the Xbox games, and I also have a nice wallscroll in my room.

Yeah. Buffy's like in my top 5 TV shows ever. In fact besides Inuyasha and both PGSM/Sailor Moon anime, I'd add Buffy and Courage the Cowardly Dog to make a top 5. Guess I just like thing with horror element.

It'd be cool to have a community thread, but I guess there's not that much new to talk about, unless you read the comics. My older brother has them, but I haven't read them all yet.
I wasn't really a fan of Buffy Season 6 and 7 (they have their moments though), so I didn't really bother to look into the comics. Angel never actually appealed to me either as I mostly got into Buffy for the School aspect, but I should probably watch it one day.

I'm not sure if I have a favorite...I like everyone. That last part is pretty crazy, though!
Willow is adorable! She's the gangs Sailor Mercury, sweet but no pushover. I guess if want to get meta here: Usagi is Buffy, Luna is Giles, Rei is Cordelia, Mamoru is Angel, and Minako is Faith. No idea for Makoto, I guess Xander?

It's cool. I'm pretty sure that's impossible, anyway, unless you have time controlling powers or something like that. :p

Whoops, brain fart right there. I meant I hadn't opened it yet either.

Hey there. Long time lurker of this thread.

I finally got access to proper internet, so here's some more pictures:

And, yeah, the store was there for only a week. It's gone now.

RIP in Peace Sailor Moon store :(

Place looked amazing. The TV with Serenity and Mamo picture looked so good.

MikeMyers

Man, I'm jealous of you that you got to see all that.

What's everyone's favourite song that somehow relates to the series? This is mine, Furuya has some pretty good pipes.

Oh, and by the way, I bought the new Ranma 1/2 Blu-Ray and Manga!

cj_iwakura

I had a crazy idea for an SM podcast. Could that be a thing?

And as said, my favorite track will always be La Soldier.

Perfect final battle music. Way better than anything in any season.

I have trouble remembering anything besides the opening theme songs. I'm not really a big fan of anime music...though, I do have Moonlight Densetsu and a few different versions of the English theme song (including dance mixes!) on my playlist, though. Hah.
My playlist is mostly rock music (Foo Fighters, Beatles, Metallica, Soundgarden, Offspring, Agent Orange, etcetera), though, with a hint of Sega video game music. No anime stuff besides Sailor Moon.

The universe does not want me to have a Sailor Saturn T-Shirt.

It's probably scared of Saturn's planet destroying power.

Yeah. Buffy's like in my top 5 TV shows ever. In fact besides Inuyasha and both PGSM/Sailor Moon anime, I'd add Buffy and Courage the Cowardly Dog to make a top 5. Guess I just like thing with horror element.

I don't think I could make a top 5 list at all. I love way too many TV shows...but if I could make one, Buffy and Sailor Moon would probably be pretty high up, along with stuff like Angel, Supernatural, 24, Arrow, Community, The Office, Parks and Recreation, Married... With Children, and...well, I could keep going at this all day. Hah. I haven't even gotten to the animated stuff yet!

I wasn't really a fan of Buffy Season 6 and 7 (they have their moments though), so I didn't really bother to look into the comics. Angel never actually appealed to me either as I mostly got into Buffy for the School aspect, but I should probably watch it one day.

GO WATCH ANGEL RIGHT NOW.

Hah. I really love that show.

Willow is adorable! She's the gangs Sailor Mercury, sweet but no pushover. I guess if want to get meta here: Usagi is Buffy, Luna is Giles, Rei is Cordelia, Mamoru is Angel, and Minako is Faith. No idea for Makoto, I guess Xander?

Well, yeah, I never said that Willow wasn't adorable. :p

Yeah, she'd definitely fall under the Sailor Mercury role. I guess some of the rest is pretty good. Not sure about Minako as Faith, though...she's too crazy and violent. I don't think anyone fits Makoto at all. At least not off the top of my head, anyway. Maybe Wesley would be Artemis? Not sure.

Anyway, I remember seeing an article comparing Sailor Moon and Buffy. I don't remember where, though...but I remember some of the choices being similar.

Also, I hope this page ends soon. Getting tired of seeing that statue at the top of the page every time someone posts. Hah.

Bladenic

There's no way Minako is Faith. Like what? If anything she's Anya. Makoto could be Angel/Spike, ie. the team's muscle. Actually Makoto could be Faith since she was very physically tough and tomboy-ish.

Anyway I just started watching Sailor Moon Abridged today, I've laughed so much.

I think this is the article I mentioned: http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/sailor-m...is-the-slayer-the-sailor-moonbuffy-connection

I basically did a Google search for "Sailor Moon Buffy", and that was the top result. Hah. I think that's probably how I found it last time, too. I'm not entirely sure why I had searched that before, though.

Anyway, that article also compares Faith to Jupiter. I don't remember what it said, though. I'm too lazy to read that all again now. Hah.

What's everyone's favourite song that somehow relates to the series? This is mine, Furuya has some pretty good pipes.

Not familiar with any of the Japanese insert songs but I loved Carry On as a kid.

Sailor War! from the musicals is really cool.

I do have Moonlight Densetsu and a few different versions of the English theme song (including dance mixes!) on my playlist, though. Hah.
My playlist is mostly rock music

Got the Animetal Lady version and Animetal USA's Shojou Medley that has Moonlight Densetsu in it?

MikeMyers

Sailor Moon Convention News!

Animazement will feature Tohru Furuya (Tuxedo Mask), Keiko Han (Queen Beryl, Luna), and Toshio Furukawa (Hawk's Eye)!

Also, we finally learn the truth behind Usagi's mother.

1619620_745127145538408_3863603115578681958_n.jpg

And last of all, Hitokage showed me this for the 10 year PGSM reunion, well I think that is what it was.

BlHgCyxCAAA0u5w.jpg

I had a crazy idea for an SM podcast. Could that be a thing?

Way down to join you if you do that.

I have trouble remembering anything besides the opening theme songs. I'm not really a big fan of anime music...though, I do have Moonlight Densetsu and a few different versions of the English theme song (including dance mixes!) on my playlist, though. Hah.
My playlist is mostly rock music (Foo Fighters, Beatles, Metallica, Soundgarden, Offspring, Agent Orange, etcetera), though, with a hint of Sega video game music. No anime stuff besides Sailor Moon.
I'm mostly into R&B, but Stevie Wonder is my favourite singer. The Sailor Moon image songs are fun too, I give them a listen to on youtube every now and then.

I don't think I could make a top 5 list at all. I love way too many TV shows...but if I could make one, Buffy and Sailor Moon would probably be pretty high up, along with stuff like Angel, Supernatural, 24, Arrow, Community, The Office, Parks and Recreation, Married... With Children, and...well, I could keep going at this all day. Hah. I haven't even gotten to the animated stuff yet! GO WATCH ANGEL RIGHT NOW.

But Angel has no Willow! I'll watch it one day, some great shows you listed. I'm more of a Film guy though.

There's no way Minako is Faith. Like what? If anything she's Anya. Makoto could be Angel/Spike, ie. the team's muscle. Actually Makoto could be Faith since she was very physically tough and tomboy-ish.

Anyway I just started watching Sailor Moon Abridged today, I've laughed so much.

Ooh, yeah that works better. Even I was thinking to myself that Faith as Minako is weird.

Abridged? Heh, I generally like those, but hate when people only care for Abridged. Like I can't talk about DBZ without it being all about Abridged now.

Sailor War! from the musicals is really cool.

Love that one too! Never seen the musicals in full, should change that.

Top Bottom