• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Community Thread: She Blinded Me With Science!

Well I asked that in the sense I was wondering if you meant "Ultimate Ninja Storm engine" was a good or bad thing. Sorry about the miscommunication there.

Reading that original post back it does come off a bit snarky though without any other context.

Nobody wants to see a fighting game based on the franchise more than me though. Those games hit their stride with S & SuperS even with Queen Haruka and all her shenanigans. The UNS engine would suffice for something simple for everybody to be able to get into and just play though.

However. when I really think about it is at this point the series would benefit a whole lot more by doing a character action game instead of a fighting game. Kamiya-san X Sailor Moon...DEW EET!!!

cj_iwakura

Didn't even know about the sweater uniform, wow. I love the casual designs. Hopefully they still have a knack for designing their day to day fashion.

Kino Makoto = Matoi Ryuuko

ibvHGKEnlD3IT6.png

Source.

MikeMyers

tumblr_inline_mwa976nB501qji4sh.gif

Reading that original post back it does come off a bit snarky though without any other context.

Speaking of Naruto, apparently the Shippuden composer is composing the new anime.

Didn't even know about the sweater uniform, wow. I love the casual designs. Hopefully they still have a knack for designing their day to day fashion.

Yeah, love the fashion style in the original anime, although Mamoru definitely had some goofy outfits.

MikeMyers

Sailor Moon R 60
tumblr_mdcivsHB7w1ro8ba4o1_500.png

Looks like we found someone dumber than Usagi! Although, to be fair, Anime-Usagi at least seems smarter than PGSM-Usagi. Speaking of Usagis, this was in fact Chibiusa's debut episode. I thought this episode introduced the break-up, but I was wrong. That's probably the next episode then.

Precure 5
Kagura Hosshiwa strikes! The villains are really fun so far, hope we learn more about them as it goes through. The various forms the girls have are quite amusing (Lolipop Hipop!). I wonder if they are in the show so Toei can sell a bunch of different action figures of the same character?

Watched the first half of Sailor Moon S - Usagi: Path to Becoming a Warrior of Love tonight

Kaolinte is kinda wonderfully flamboyant. The Death Busters make a nice chorus. Usagi and Mamoru's duet on the love ride is pretty nice.

Haha, an "I have a feeling a lot of people are watching" audience joke. Love those.

Luna-P as a balloon!

Usagi's reactions in Chibi-Usa's song and then their arguments afterwards are classic

SbWpoR4.gif

Uuranus and Neptune join the stage with a WORLD SHAKING, a DEEP SUBMERGE and a swinging duet. They're really cool when they come back on later too.

The inner guardians get a joint song about their dreams after an intro solo from Ami. Mako's skirt really bells out as they twirl.

Rz0JUxr.gif

Would love to watch the rest tonight but it's getting towards bed time.

Is that real? Why would Toei print a pamphlet in english?

26 episodes would be a good length for the Dark kingdom arc, I'lm just not happy about it being a bi weekly series.

It's apparently some pamphlet for MIPTV (Marché International des Programmes de Télévision), which Toei have attended before.

I guess they're trying to shop it around? I don't know for certain, though, of course.

Here's a better picture.

On a flip note KDash which Ranma OVA set should I get? There's a yellow tin one and a blue tin one and I'm not sure what the differences are.

These?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CCZRBI/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/6305813027/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I think that the yellow one was the original release by Viz in association with Pioneer sometime around 2000, and the blue one is a re-release directly from Viz from sometime around 2006/2007. I have no idea if there are any differences, though. Sorry. :(

Pluto

Isn't the Dark Kingdom 13 chapters long? So each chapter would get two episodes? Sounds good to me.
What makes you think they're planning to stick close to the manga? Wasn't that just something fans made up? In my opinion 26 episodes makes it obvious they're putting their own spin on the story, those are too many episodes for the manga story without expanding on it.

It's apparently some pamphlet for MIPTV (Marché International des Programmes de Télévision), which Toei have attended before.

I guess they're trying to shop it around? I don't know for certain, though, of course.

Here's a better picture.
That's interesting, so they're not just streaming it? It' awesome that they're apparently shopping it around already, I hoped they'd do it evetually but I wasn't sure.

Pluto

I'm....honestly not sure at this point.
Neither am I, that's why I'm asking. The last information I have is someone saying in an interview that Crystal wouldn't be a remake of the first anime but a new adaptation of the manga (which says nothing about how close it will be following it).
Maybe I missed a follow up interview, it's hard to keep track of what's a rumour and what's not.

duckroll

Neither am I, that's why I'm asking. The last information I have is someone saying in an interview that Crystal wouldn't be a remake of the first anime but a new adaptation of the manga (which says nothing about how close it will be following it).
Maybe I missed a follow up interview, it's hard to keep track of what's a rumour and what's not.

So far what we know about the new anime is that the objective is to return to the roots of the original manga. It's not a remake of the original anime. It's based on the manga. They want to bring out the original flavor of the manga for the current generation. The designs are sticking much more closely to the manga art.

Apparently the author is involved in the production process as well. Articles online about the talk event where they revealed the new details and cast over the weekend state that her approval of the "Crystal" title out of a hundred or so titles they were deciding between put it on top, and I was told they also mentioned that she approved the anime designs too. I didn't watch the actual stream though, so it's second hand info.

That's about all we know right now, but the signs definitely suggest they're looking to do a more faithful adaptation of the manga.

Pluto

That's about all we know right now, but the signs definitely suggest they're looking to do a more faithful adaptation of the manga.
That's good to hear, I'd like a more faithful adaptation as far as the plot is concerned but I still want character focus like in the old anime.

26 episodes for all five story arcs. Each story arc gets 5 episodes. Episode 26 will be a clip show.
If they condense the manga story and don't introduce every character sperately that could actually work, 5 episodes would be 2 1/2 hours, that's a lot of time to tell the relatively straight forward stories of the manga. I wouldn't be what I want but it would definitely be a different approach.

MikeMyers

Sailor Moon R 61
tumblr_mdcwlyjZ4h1ro8ba4o3_500.png

Mamoru wants to break-up with Usagi, dramatic music plays, and now a upbeat eyecatch to ruin the mood of the scene! Other than that, a pretty powerful scene. Don't worry Usagi, Tuxedo Mask still loves ya. It's just that damn Chiba Mamoru who doesn't.

Sailor Moon R 62
Had to watch another episode, needed some Cheerilee after the last episode. This is the infamous episode where Ami almost moves to Germany, which apparently is a scenario that has been remade in the musicals a lot. Is there any truth to that?

Happiness Precure 6
PANCAKES! Good job on focusing on Hime and Ribbon's relationship as that hasn't been a focus before. The cooking scenario was really good too, even I've never thought about cooking being a sign of caring despite how obvious it is. The Hulu dance was a bit too much, though.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sailor Moon R 61
Mamoru wants to break-up with Usagi, dramatic music plays, and now a upbeat eyecatch to ruin the mood of the scene! Other than that, a pretty powerful scene. Don't worry Usagi, Tuxedo Mask still loves ya. It's just that damn Chiba Mamoru who doesn't.
That whole sequence was wonderfully done, especially when you could see Usagi crumbling inside and then later sobbing in the phone booth.

Based Ikuhara.

MikeMyers

Sailor Moon R 63
tumblr_mdg4yxFnpu1ro8ba4o1_400.gif

Pretty cool to see them in all Miko outfits! In this episode, Rei's grandad tries to get more girls to come to the shrine and Koan (one of the new villains) takes advantage of that. Rei's fight with Koan was cool and I loved the intensity of when the Fire Soul and Koan's attack clashed. Actually, the action scenes are what I remember standing out the most in comparison to the other seasons.

Happiness Charge Precure 7
Hime celebrates the 100th day celebration of her friendship? Ha, never heard of that one before. I wonder if she actually just kept tracked day-by-day or if she just marked it on a calender? Her personality makes me believe it's the former.

In semi-related news, Cardcaptor Sakura will be coming to Blu-Ray in North America, which may appeal to a lot of people here.

Conan-san

26 episodes, huh?

The Suspect eye of Sauron is upon this, if it was 56 then I could have bought it (It'd be an ep an chapter with time to fill out stuff) but this means it's going to be awful cramped to get everything in.

And god help them if this is only yet another fucking Dark Kingdom retred.

SCIENCE CAN NOT BE DENIED!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The Dark Kingdom arc of the manga is 13 chapters and about 600 pages. Unless you're going to be playing it as loose as the 90's anime then 50 anything would be WAY too much.

Conan-san

The Dark Kingdom arc of the manga is 13 chapters and about 600 pages. Unless you're going to be playing it as loose as the 90's anime then 50 anything would be WAY too much.
52 would have been 1 chapter per episode with a few minutes extra to make the scenes less...comicy for lack of a better team.

26 means they need to hotfuz it though at least two chapters an episode if they want to make it to the end, less that than because you know chapter 1 is going to have an episode to itself.

And, again, this isn't assuming they're going to arse off and only give us Dark Kingdom again.

I mean, christ, how annoying would it be if every Dragonball product kept starting at the Sayian arc and never went anywhere else?

MikeMyers

I have to admit, Dark Kingdom is the storyline that I don't really care to see again. Not that I dislike it, but the other storyline have had less adaptions so I'd rather see them.

If there is one story I want to see them do again, it's SuperS. Can't go wrong with Queen Nehelenia for me.

I mean, christ, how annoying would it be if every Dragonball product kept starting at the Sayian arc and never went anywhere else?

Most of the DVD releases do that!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Whine whine whine. Please send your waterworks elsewhere.

For fuck's sake, when was it ever said there was no possibility for continuation? Just look at Jojo, which now has a new anime covering its part 3 after the success of the series that covered its parts 1 and 2. So many people have been bawling their eyes out for no good reason and it's annoying as hell.

MikeMyers

Overall for a new Dark Kingdom arc I'd keep the story the same but add in some "padding" to flesh out the action and character interaction more.

Really curious to see how the Four Devas will be handled, as well as the personality traits for the Senshi.

Don't get cute. You damn well know what I meant.

Heh, I was mainly poking fun out of back in the day Cartoon Network would get up to Goku beating Recoome and then go all the way back to Raditz, which has been repeated on a few home video releases.

Funny thing is, I thought that the show had been cancelled at that point. That assumption made sense to me. Goku's arrival on Namek was so similar to his arrival on Earth to fight Nappa that the show had obviously been cancelled for running out of original ideas!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Overall for a new Dark Kingdom arc I'd keep the story the same but add in some "padding" to flesh out the action and character interaction more.
That's actually what it's looking like, and it might even be an improvement on the source material!

Plenty of reason to look forward to this.

Conan-san

That's actually what it's looking like, and it might even be an improvement on the source material!

Plenty of reason to look forward to this.

Not really, I had my fill of Dark Kingdom with BS and PG. The reason JoJo's season 1 got away with being Phamtom Blood and Battle Tendency is because those two chapters had not been adapted (In any meaningful way).

What I'm saying is that there's better things after Beryl, much better things.

And you talk of a continuation, I say look to the two years we had to trudge though to get to this point and then tell me we'll get another shot at this.

Top Bottom