• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sailor Moon Community Thread: She Blinded Me With Science!

Pluto

Aww, you guys are too nice! She really enjoys that Tamashii Nations wand I got her.
How old is she btw? I hope she doesn't swallow a hand or something, I'm a little bit paranoid about things like that, my cousin used to put everything into his mouth.

And it's not mine to give away but I too would support giving one of the Sailor Moons to eastx's daughter, it's nice to make the next generation of Sailor Moon fans happy.

Ayumi, you're a very generous person.

Ayumi

Yeah, the hands are pretty small.. The package says 15 years or above, IIRC. But I think it would be fine if she's at least 7.

MikeMyers

10346370_10152925133633552_4918793092405873295_n.jpg

Watch a Makoto episode in her honor!

How old is she btw? I hope she doesn't swallow a hand or something, I'm a little bit paranoid about things like that, my cousin used to put everything into his mouth.
Same, mainly because I knew a guy who almost choked on a marble when we were young.

cj_iwakura

Sailor Moon S 119
i8WMD1OCO4UCA.gif

The cast learns more about the Messiah of Silence and Sailor Saturn. Decent episode, certainly helps build up for the climax. Also I like how Tuxedo Mask ended up being so useless he made the battle even worse in this episode.

Amazing those little badass touches you miss out on.

MikeMyers

Sailor Moon S 120
tumblr_mlfkx1bwru1ro8ba4o1_400.gif

We learn more about the Tomoe family and
Mimete gets killed
in the most hilarious way possible. Been really enjoying these recent episodes of S since they fix most of my complaints (Usagi's regressed personality, too much Outer Senshi obsession, and shafting of the Inners). Getting near the climax!

Conan-san

Sailor Moon S 120
tumblr_mlfkx1bwru1ro8ba4o1_400.gif

We learn more about the Tomoe family and
Mimete gets killed
in the most hilarious way possible. Been really enjoying these recent episodes of S since they fix most of my complaints (Usagi's regressed personality, too much Outer Senshi obsession, and shafting of the Inners). Getting near the climax!
Oh Mimete, you dumb sod. You
Won't be missed

MikeMyers

Sailor Moon R: The Movie
tumblr_inline_mx45l1pdv01r6uc34.gif

Mamoru's old childhood friend returns to befriend him and views Sailor Moon as a threat to their friendship. I believe this is the only film that Ikuhara actually worked on, and for a guy who gets criticized a lot for shafting Mamoru, he did make the most Mamoru-driven entry in the entire 90s anime with this film. overall I enjoyed this film for its themes and character moments. Worth it for "Moon Revenge" alone.

MikeMyers

Sailor Moon S 121
tumblr_mlj3cfkF4y1ro8ba4o1_400.gif

Telulu of the Witches 5 uses plants as a way to target people, and Setsuna catches onto her plan. Decent episode, and yeah, this arc really is when the Inner Senshi got sideswept they have barely been in involved here. Heck, I was surprised Mamoru was in this and even more surprisingly,
managed to defeat the Telulu by having her own plant eat her and Usagi didn't even give a shit despite usually caring
. Kind of a shame that this season doesn't balance out the screentime of the antagonists, since Mimete got a lot of screentime and she's my least favorite one. Pacing issues of this season aside, I can't think of much I disliked about this episode in particular. Kind of nice to see Setsuna be given screentime without being grouped with Haruka or Michiru.

MikeMyers

Which frustrates me, since I'm a villains fan.

Black Moon's rogue gallery ranks as my favorites, but Dark Kingdom and the Amazon Trio are up there too.

Ayumi

I feel bad for not posting here much anymore.. or at all. But I don't know what to write as I'm currently not reading/watching any Sailor Moon.

Still lurking/reading though. :3

Ayumi

Since you guys are doing SM and SMC, maybe I could just do PGSM. It's been a looooong time since I watched it and I never actually completed it.

But I remember you review watched it a while back so might not be much of a point? Maybe I could do the manga~

MikeMyers

B4Vg-RACUAEZK9s.jpg

Happy Birthday!

Since you guys are doing SM and SMC, maybe I could just do PGSM. It's been a looooong time since I watched it and I never actually completed it.

But I remember you review watched it a while back so might not be much of a point? Maybe I could do the manga~
Nah you could watch PGSM and blog about it here. We all have different opinions so I'm sure it'd be fun to hear you talk about PGSM.

Ayumi

Nah you could watch PGSM and blog about it here. We all have different opinions so I'm sure it'd be fun to hear you talk about PGSM.

Alright, I will do so! But not sure how often I will watch.

That cake looks so yummy! She's really lucky getting Usagi on her cake.

Sailor Moon R 15

That didn't last long...

So Mamoru sees the future somehow, Chibi-Usa has learnt some tricks from The Penguin and there's a really pushy make-up salesperson (not unlike real-life then :p).

Sailor Moon R 16

Guess they will have to do without a brain.

Ami wants to follow her dream and go to Germany to study, but luckily Chibi-Usa stops her. There's new equipment as well, and it's a bit weird that Sailor Mars didn't try to use her fire powers against the ice monster, but ok.

MikeMyers

Alright, I will do so! But not sure how often I will watch.

That cake looks so yummy! She's really lucky getting Usagi on her cake.
Take your time. Took me several months to watch PGSM. I should give it a proper watch next year, the last one was all over the place.

So Mamoru sees the future somehow, Chibi-Usa has learnt some tricks from The Penguin and there's a really pushy make-up salesperson (not unlike real-life then :p).
I like that someone in the show is fighting against the oppressive sense of fate that drives the entire thing.

it's a bit weird that Sailor Mars didn't try to use her fire powers against the ice monster, but ok.
Kind of like how she didn't use it in the episode where her and Usagi were in that snow mountain.

MikeMyers

It's always funny to see them use their powers for situations outside of battle. Like that scene in PGSM where they try to get Ami to turn into Sailor Mercury because they need water.

Christ I miss PGSM already. :/

Bladenic

The break up is straight up retarded. Mainly because:

1. They dated for one episode.

2. Mamoru is a huge dick.

3. There's literally no point to it

I get it's for dramatic effect or something but it's still dumb and useless just like Mamoru

MikeMyers

The point was to see
wherever Mamoru actually loved Usagi even without the fate aspect
, but I guess out-of-universe it was because they probably thought the couple being in perma-happy mode would be dull.

Awakened

I was watching this week's Hulu episodes and noticed a certain scene with Ami and Chibiusa eating ice cream and realized "OMG, I have that card!". So I thought I'd share pictures here:
mooncards172un3.jpg

mooncards2m9uzj.jpg

I remembered getting them from a vending machine in a Toys R Us. After googling CardZillion I learned they were only available there. Those are the only two I have. After digging them out they're in better condition than I expected, but obviously not mint or anything :p. Nice little nostalgic treasures though.

MikeMyers

Sailor Moon Symphony: SERASYMPHONY LIVE!

I was watching this week's Hulu episodes and noticed a certain scene with Ami and Chibiusa eating ice cream and realized "OMG, I have that card!". So I thought I'd share pictures here:
I remembered getting them from a vending machine in a Toys R Us. After googling CardZillion I learned they were only available there. Those are the only two I have. After digging them out they're in better condition than I expected, but obviously not mint or anything :p. Nice little nostalgic treasures though.
Aha that's pretty cool. Never noticed that Ami and Rini rhyme, but I guess that is because I always referred to her as Chibiusa.

Cool.

MikeMyers

Sailor Moon S 123
tumblr_mlu9zyBiSI1ro8ba4o1_400.gif

Kaolinite targets Chibiusa, while the remaining fodder Witches 5 battle the Senshi. The battle with the Witches 5 was really good, and while I can buy into the idea of Chibiusa going to Hotaru's house by herself, it does come across as odd that Mamoru and Setsuna enabled it to happen. Also, seeing how much the latter two are put in Chibiusa's babysitter position in this arc, I can see why so many people on tumblr theorize that Setsuna is Chibiusa's real mother LOL. In all seriousness, I did enjoy this episode, and am ready for the climax.

MikeMyers

Sailor Moon S 124
tumblr_mlxp0o98GA1ro8ba4o3_400.gif

Mistress 9 has arrived, and usually I complain that the plot point of
good guys turning bad
is overused here, there was significant build-up to this and the execution was different, so I can forgive it. What did catch me off-guard, was Pluto breaking the ultimate taboo. I've also been re-reading the manga alongside this watch, and since she did it in another arc there, I forgot it showed up in the anime here. Anyway, to get to the actual episode, I really enjoyed it. They did a great job of making an apocalyptic vibe to this. Looking forward to tomorrow's episode, but in the meanwhile:

tumblr_n40zt7xiDs1r657odo1_1280.jpg

The PGSM cast reunites for the 10 Year Anniversary.

Pluto

tumblr_n40zt7xiDs1r657odo1_1280.jpg

The PGSM cast reunites for the 10 Year Anniversary.
I'm not sure I recognize the guys, the one on the right looks like Zoisite and next to him Mamoru, the one on the left is Nephrite and next to him Motoki??? ... maybe?
But who's the guy in the middle? I can't even guess who that is, he makes such a weird face.

Pluto

If that's Nephrite, who's on the left, I don't think it's Kunzite or Jadeite.

I'm pretty sure about mamoru and Zoisite on the right but the others ... it's weird, I immediately recognized the girls but I have trouble with the boys.

Top Bottom