• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row 2 |OT|

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Is the Ultor Corp. in Saints Row 2 the same Ultor Corp. in Red Faction? Since both games come from the same developer, it would be awesomesauce if true. :D

Hootie

YESSSS.

If only GTA IV offered all of the crazy shit that will be in this game.

Zombie Uprising mode = So awesome.

X26

Banned
twinturbo2 said:
Is the Ultor Corp. in Saints Row 2 the same Ultor Corp. in Red Faction? Since both games come from the same developer, it would be awesomesauce if true. :D

yep

Treo360

raYne said:
Well, we still don't know the full soundtrack list, so who knows.

Plus, if it comes right down to it, you can also just set up your in-game playlist and add/remove whatever you want OR the usual 360 custom soundtrack feature and play your own mp3s or whatever. <3

If I had the time I would write down the whole track list for you. Needless to say I miss my talk show station. Although I will say that the classical channel is awesome.

MMaRsu

Treo360 said:
If I had the time I would write down the whole track list for you. Needless to say I miss my talk show station. Although I will say that the classical channel is awesome.

Wtf no more talk show...damnit I loved that bit in the last one where they talked about eskimo's and swedes invading US with tennisracket shoes and fish stuck in their beards :lol

Treo360 said:

Well if you can tell me the songs that are on the hiphop station it would be greatly appreciated by me! <3

You don't have to though :).

sullytao

Treo360 said:

Dont suppose you know if Chopin is still on the classical station do you?

raYne

Treo360 said:
Do it! (Nah, don't care all that much :lol)

Other than what you can see in the current radio lists to make your in-game soundtrack, there are still the unlockables from finding the CDs scattered around the world and whatever you can buy in Scratch That.

So we still won't know the full soundtrack. For a while anyway.

Pimpbaa

As much as I hated the first game, I am still tempted to get this. Mainly because you can create a female character this time and because of all the crazy shit in this game. Anyone know where I can find a story summary of the first game?
I stopped playing after that asian chick that was working with you got killed

MMaRsu

Here are a few pics some guy from this forum took :

1z2hxtx.jpg

1figdf.jpg

2vx1w7m.jpg

33xftyx.jpg

Gowans

I can't wait! The Zombie mode looks awesome too.

Should really try to those last few hours on GTA but Saints Rows over the top action and the co-op should be epic.

MMaRsu if your looking for a co-op partner let me know, can't wait to play.

MMaRsu

SuperEnemyCrab said:
Is the whole "gang bonus" clothing thing still in? Like when you finish a mission or whatever?

I'm not sure. But you do get extra bonus respect by doing crazy shit. Like throwing people, making headshots, setting them on fire etc...

Gowans007 said:
I can't wait! The Zombie mode looks awesome too.

Should really try to those last few hours on GTA but Saints Rows over the top action and the co-op should be epic.

MMaRsu if your looking for a co-op partner let me know, can't wait to play.

Sure thing man we'll play some missions for sure :D I'll probably go through the story multiple times with different characters just for coop anyway :D

Loudninja

Only thing I don't like is the mission box never leaves being on the screen during a mission.Other than that it looks great cannot wait :D

Treo360

MMaRsu said:
Wtf no more talk show...damnit I loved that bit in the last one where they talked about eskimo's and swedes invading US with tennisracket shoes and fish stuck in their beards :lol

Well if you can tell me the songs that are on the hiphop station it would be greatly appreciated by me! <3

You don't have to though :).

Just called my brother, here's the list of the hip hop songs that he "bought at Scratch That."

Hip Hop:

Good Girl
Hands up
I luv it
Me and U
New York state of mind
Ridin In the Black Joint
Suckers MC
Tell Me about it
trick me
Twinz
What a Thug about
So Sick (of love songs)
One Thing
Gangsta Bitch
Fandango

Oh and no Chopin

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
SuperEnemyCrab said:
Is the whole "gang bonus" clothing thing still in? Like when you finish a mission or whatever?

There are style points for what you wear/own/upgrade, but you don't have to constantly dress in purple anymore to get the bonus. It just applies automatically.

MMaRsu

Treo360 said:
Just called my brother, here's the list of the hip hop songs that he "bought at Scratch That."

Hip Hop:

Good Girl
Hands up
I luv it
Me and U
New York state of mind
Ridin In the Black Joint
Suckers MC
Tell Me about it
trick me
Twinz
What a Thug about
So Sick (of love songs)
One Thing
Gangsta Bitch
Fandango

Oh and no Chopin

Hm okay thanks man not a whole lotta use without the artist names as I only recognize a few song names.. the ones I know are cool but eh :p.

If you can update later would be cool if not no biggie :)

-edit-

used youtube to check out some songs some are cool some are as bad as you'd expect. LLoyd Banks, Young Jeezy fuck outta here..

But they do have Nas..so :p.

Treo360

MMaRsu said:
Hm okay thanks man not a whole lotta use without the artist names as I only recognize a few song names.. the ones I know are cool but eh :p.

If you can update later would be cool if not no biggie :)

Good Girl: Chrisette Michelle

Hands up: Lloyd Banks

I luv it: Young Jeezy

Me and U: Cassie

New York state of mind: Nas

Ridin In the Black Joint: Wale

Suckers MC: Do you really need the name on this one? :p Run dmc

Tell Me about it: Joss Stone

trick me: Kelis

Twinz: Big Punisher f. fat Joe

What a Thug about: Beanie Sigel

So Sick (of love songs): Ney Yo

One Thing: Amerie

Gangsta Bitch: Apache

Fandango: DJ Quik F. B Real

MMaRsu

Treo360 said:
Good Girl: Chrisette Michelle

Hands up: Lloyd Banks

I luv it: Young Jeezy

Me and U: Cassie

New York state of mind: Nas

Ridin In the Black Joint: Wale

Suckers MC: Do you really need the name on this one? :p Run dmc

Tell Me about it: Joss Stone

trick me: Kelis

Twinz: Big Punisher f. fat Joe

What a Thug about: Beanie Sigel

So Sick (of love songs): Ney Yo

One Thing: Amerie

Gangsta Bitch: Apache

Fandango: DJ Quik F. B Real

Allright thx man like I said in my previous posts some good songs some really bad. I can't take that Young Jeezy fake as gangsta shit. But that's just me. I like that Apache song though, never heard that before.

Imo a little too much R&B but it's not as bad as I had anticipated.

Thanks man :)

MattKeil said:
There are style points for what you wear/own/upgrade, but you don't have to constantly dress in purple anymore to get the bonus. It just applies automatically.

That is exactly what I wanted to hear, thanks!

raYne

SolidSnakex said:
IGN just posted the full soundtrack and it's extremely impressive.

http://music.ign.com/articles/916/916679p1.html
Nice.. Though Unlockables/Scattered CDs still missing of course.

One thing I noticed is that the station "The World (APM)" is listed here and it states that there are, "no less than 11 radio stations this time around". While the in-game list only has 10 stations and The World wasn't one of them.

Stations vary based on the pasrt of the city you're in? One was scrapped altogether? Hmmm.

Pimpbaa

SolidSnakex said:
IGN just posted the full soundtrack and it's extremely impressive.

http://music.ign.com/articles/916/916679p1.html

Whoa, the 80's station rocks.

# The Mix

# "Down Under" - Men At Work
# "Karma Chameleon" - Culture Club
# "Pretty In Pink" - Psychedelic Furs
# "Take On Me" - A-Ha
# "The Reflex" - Duran Duran
# "Don't You (Forget About Me)" - Simple Minds
# "Out of Touch" - Hall & Oats
# "Sister Christian" - Night Ranger
# "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" - Tears For Fears
# "Everybody's Working For The Weekend" - Loverboy
# "The Final Countdown" - Europe

Treo360

raYne said:
Nice.. Though Unlockables/Scattered CDs still missing of course.

One thing I noticed is that the station "The World (APM)" is listed here and it states that there are, "no less than 11 radio stations this time around". While the in-game list only has 10 stations and The World wasn't one of them.

Stations vary based on the pasrt of the city you're in? One was scrapped altogether? Hmmm.

Dunno about the location part, but the 11th station is your station (I think it's 88.5) and it's called "My Station." Basically it's your playlist that you make by purchasing the above (ign link) songs at the CD music stores.

The lack of any talk shows really suck. I loved them in the first one, and the lack of them in this one is, well, missed.

raYne

Treo360 said:
Dunno about the location part, but the 11th station is your station (I think it's 88.5) and it's called "My Station." Basically it's your playlist that you make by purchasing the above (ign link) songs at the CD music stores.

The lack of any talk shows really suck. I loved them in the first one, and the lack of them in this one is, well, missed.
Yeah, I know about that, but it still doesn't explain "The World".

Alec

Anyone able to find the 11th crib? I imagine it might have something to do with extra completion aside from the main game, so if you reply, pls use spoiler tags.

WTFing

Banned
Nice OP.
I hope that SR2 is more entertaining and polished than GTAIV 'aka I want my money back'.
Fuck yeah 2!

Linkhero1

Don't forget about the fully functional UFO that comes with Gamestop/EB Games Pre-orders. Maybe it'll be DLC later on.

Pimpbaa

Bugnology said:
Nice OP.
I hope that SR2 is more entertaining and polished than GTAIV 'aka I want my money back'.
Fuck yeah 2!

I wouldn't count on SR2 being more polished. Considering SR1.

Manp

watched the videos from the other thread and did this:

2lwrxig.gif

well... it quite suck but i wanted to try :p

:)

ps: sorry for the size, if it's too much i'll edit it out

atomico

only played the demo of the first game (and skipped GTAIV altogether). Might end up buying this one, looks like it could be a ton of fun

Top Bottom