• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row 2 |OT|

raYne

Whoever's playing that Katana vid has no idea how to chain combos/finishers. Still, Katana action on a motorcycle? Catching people with wrestling moves? Great. :D (Needs more ninja fighting style usage, however).

I laughed when the cop tazed him and busted him while he was twitching on the floor.

fake edit:
AgentOtaku said:
I'll see your Awesome Katana Action and raise you a pleasant Airplane ride
:lol @ the name of the plane... Snipes 57. I see what you did there, Volition.

FF_VIII said:
Did he use the Rock Bottom? :lol
I think I heard JR yelling in the background.

"Rock Bottom! Rock Bottom! Rock Bottom!"

Manp

atomico said:
only played the demo of the first game (and skipped GTAIV altogether). Might end up buying this one, looks like it could be a ton of fun

first one is dirty cheap (got it for 10€ a couple of weeks ago) and still a good game with some funny moments.

you should try to get it and play it before SR2

:)

Wiggum2007

Have most of the technical issues from the first game been fixed? My main problem with SR1 was all the streaming problems with the road and cars around you disappearing if you got going to fast, or cars disappearing the moment they left your screen, etc.

Brashnir

Wiggum2007 said:
Have most of the technical issues from the first game been fixed? My main problem with SR1 was all the streaming problems with the road and cars around you disappearing if you got going to fast, or cars disappearing the moment they left your screen, etc.

When did you play the first game? It always had some of those issues, but a lot of the streaming problems were made worse by the dashboard update that hit a few months after the game came out. They were fixed in the next dash update ~6 months later, but the game was actually unfinishable for a while due to the update. My old roommate got to a mission where it would crash every time due to streaming problems, on 2 different 360s. Once the (I think) Spring 07 update hit, he was able to finish the mission (and the game) on both 360s.

As for whether or not SR2 will be better than SR1 when it was running "right," we can only hope.

Man this game is a blast :lol Just finished the Brotherhood missions today and boy, the storyline is good and pretty funny too!

Things I love so far:

- Being able to paint every single car
- Riding on bikes
- The Humor
-
Johnny motherfuckin Gat
- The voices you can give your character. You can be a male with a female voice! :lol

raYne

Banzaiaap said:
You can unlock more. Ninja's
Even then, it's not really the same.

I mentioned the same thing earlier. With the insane amount of customization you can do with vehicles and yourself, crib and gang customization is pretty limited in comparison. I was hoping you could do individual parts instead of just picking the style.

TheKurgan

Liked the first game so definately picking this one up day 1. How did people get hold of copies early - was the street date broken?

MMaRsu

raYne said:
Even then, it's not really the same.

I mentioned the same thing earlier. With the insane amount of customization you can do with vehicles and yourself, crib and gang customization is pretty limited in comparison. I was hoping you could do individual parts instead of just picking the style.

Possible DLC?

You know what I love in games like this, in a different save just to fuck around?

A BIG ASS LIST OF CHEATS BABY

( dial this shit in your phone )

#1 - Full Health
#2 - Car Mass Increased
#3 - Milk Bones
#4 - Add Police Notoriety
#5 - Player Pratfalls
#6 - Inf Sprint
#7 - Super Explosions
#8 - Super Saints
#9 - Unlimited Clip
#11 - Inf Ammo
#12 - Heaven Bound
#15 - Drunk Pedestrians
#16 - Evil Cars
#18 - Low Gravity
#19 - Pedestrian War
#20 - Raining Pedestrians
#35 - Add Gang Notoriety
#36 - Never Die
#50 - No Cop Notoriety
#51 - No Gang Notoriety
#666 - Lighting Strikes
#sunny - Clear sky
#cashmoneyz - $1000
#200 - Giant
#201 - Itty Bitty
#202 - Everybody is shrunk
#711 - Get Horizon
#712 - Get Snipes 57(Airplane)
#713 - Get Tornado
#714 - Get Wolverine
#825- hurricane(boat)
#826- miami(boat)
#827- python(boat)
#828- shark(boat)
#829- skipper(boat)
#920 - 12 Gauge
#921 - .44Cal
#922 - AR-200
#923 - AR-50
#924 - AR-50 with Grenade launcher
#925 - AS14 Hammer
#926 - Baseball Bat
#927 - Chainsaw
#928 - Fire Extinguisher
#929 - Flame thrower
#930 - Flashbang
#931 - GAL 43
#932 - GDHC
#933 - Grenade
#934 - Kobra
#935 - KC
#936 - Knife
#937 - Machete
#938 - McManus 2010
#939 - Mini-Gun
#940 - Moltov
#941 - Nightstick
#942 - NR4
#943 - Pepper spray
#944 - Pimpcane
#945 - Pipe bomb
#946 - R.P.G.
#947 - Annihilator RPG
#948 - Samurai Sword
#949 - Satchel charge
#950 - Shock Paddles
#951 - SKR-9
#952 - Sledgehammer
#953 - Stungun
#954 - TK3
#955 - Crowbar
#956 - Tombstone
#957 - Vice 9
#958 - XS-2 Ultimax
#969 - Pimpslap

Also one of the mods answered my question on the official forums on why there is no talk station on the radio :

Honestly, it came down to time.

Our line count was twice as high.

We have more varied commercials.

and I'm pretty sure we have more DJ lines (but im not sure off the top of my head)

It was planned to do talk radio, but we just couldn't fit it in the schedule

Loudninja

Just order the game from Buy.com, cannot wait! :D

Banzaiaap said:
Man this game is a blast :lol Just finished the Brotherhood missions today and boy, the storyline is good and pretty funny too!

Things I love so far:

- Being able to paint every single car
- Riding on bikes
- The Humor
-
Johnny motherfuckin Gat
- The voices you can give your character. You can be a male with a female voice! :lol

How long did that take you?

Linkhero1

MMaRsu said:
Possible DLC?

You know what I love in games like this, in a different save just to fuck around?

If you want to earn achievements don't do this until after you get them. You can't get achievements if you do cheats and save.

FF_VIII said:
Did he use the Rock Bottom? :lol
:lol :lol

Loudninja said:
Just order the game from Buy.com, cannot wait! :D

How long did that take you?
Over 9 hours of gametime so far, which includes tons of screwing around and playing on the easiest difficulty. :)
MMaRsu said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmkXZ5scLdk

Pretty funny character customization vid :p
Afaik not if you use them on another save. That wasn´t a problem in the first game either if I remember correctly.
Yeah, I did that in the original Saints' too. Great times. :lol

Linkhero1

MMaRsu said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmkXZ5scLdk

Pretty funny character customization vid :p
Afaik not if you use them on another save. That wasn´t a problem in the first game either if I remember correctly.
Yeah I believe that's how it works. I was just warning people not to make that mistake. :p

Oh shit

saintsrow2_bonuslg529.jpg

:D

Hootie

MMaRsu said:
#3 - Milk Bones
#7 - Super Explosions
#11 - Inf Ammo
#15 - Drunk Pedestrians
#16 - Evil Cars
#18 - Low Gravity
#19 - Pedestrian War
#20 - Raining Pedestrians
#36 - Never Die
#666 - Lighting Strikes
#200 - Giant
#201 - Itty Bitty
#202 - Everybody is shrunk

YES YES YES FUCK YES. Why the HELL couldn't Rockstar have put anything like these in GTAIV? This shit is what will add another 40 hours of gameplay for me.

Oh man Pedestrian War with super explosions and low gravity is going to be EPIC. I'm going be flying around in a ufo with Raining Peds on, too. :lol

Movement

When is the Toys 'R Us Buy 2 get 1 free sale? Becuase I would like to get Fallout/LBP and this but not sure if its good on the 28th. Or maybe could I order them online and get the discount still?

Loudninja

Banzaiaap said:
Over 9 hours of gametime so far, which includes tons of screwing around and playing on the easiest difficulty. :)

Yeah, I did that in the original Saints' too. Great times. :lol

Cool thanks.

raYne

MMaRsu said:
Possible DLC?

-snip-
:O

The game has content and replayability of ridiculous levels. And this is before any possible DLC.

Volition. *bow*

Eltacoman said:
When is the Toys 'R Us Buy 2 get 1 free sale? Becuase I would like to get Fallout/LBP and this but not sure if its good on the 28th. Or maybe could I order them online and get the discount still?
Ends the 18th.. So no dice.

You could try to pick up two other games in the meantime and try to exchange them unopened. The problem with that is, from what I've read in the dedicated thread, TRU got wise to that method and will only exchage for games that were out before the end of the sale. So that method's not looking all that good either.

You might luck out and find a stupid employee, but I personally wouldn't risk it.

Linkhero1

raYne said:
:O

The game has content and replayability of ridiculous levels. And this is before any possible DLC.

Volition. *bow*
I know I may seem obsessed with the UFO :lol , but won't that be DLC a few weeks after launch?

Is the street date for this game 10/14 or will it ship and be available on 10/15, really hoping the earlier because I got tests Thursday and Friday, bah

bathala said:
LOL Awesome Rock Bottom and Fisherman's carry (its not FU)

Death Valley Driver

EC DUB!
EC DUB!
EC DUB!
EC DUB!

mebbe they read about bish's hate and thought "Hey lets throw in some wrasslin moves, that'll convert him" :D

MMaRsu

Some impressions from the official forums I believe

First of all it is a great game I would compair it more to GTA San Andreas that GTA 4. I did all the story missions and barely touched the activities. Although I did complete 2 or 3 activities.

I will post some stats(story complete):

Time played: 21:49:00
Total Respect: 479,528
Total cash earned 864,428.96
arrested: 0
Hospital bills: $5,000
Cash spent on customizing cars: $1895.00
Achievement points: 225 so far
Number of shots fired:38829:
RPG hit percentage 85.93%
Gang Kills: 2326
# of brotherhood killed: 666 lol

Here is some things I loved about the game. You can melee people while riding a bike. My fav. of course the Katana. The garage system is 10x better than the one in GTA I had close to 50 vehicles planes/cars/boats/helos in my garage. There is so much stuff to do I barely did most of the activities and there are tons of them. Cars are a blast to drive and Upgrade. When you upgrade your wheels spikes come out of the wheels that pop other peoples tires. Story is funny as ***.

Some things I didn't like: Screen tearing, NPC's suck at driving.

MMaRsu

painey said:
I heard that the guy who voices Roman Bellic in GTA4 is in Saints Row 2 playing the same character :lol

Oh boy :lol where did you hear that?

In one of the youtube vids when customizing the voice of the player, I heard him say "That mute shit was getting old"
:lol

MMaRsu

I am so damn hyped for this game...

What kind of character are you guys making and what do you want to do first?

Also there is a new dev blog up on the SR site, which is about the atmosphere, creating the day/night shifts, weather system etc.. written by the main artist.

Also there are 3 new Uncle Gary videos up

http://community.saintsrow.com/blogs/?p=262

raYne

Sandman42 said:
Don't worry guys, the exclusive Gamestop pre-order vehicles can be accessed by anyone.

Dial these codes on your phone:

#4976 - Gyro-Daddy
#728237 - UFO
#7266837 - PeeWee Bike

here is a video of them in action
Yes! :D

In your face Gamestop.

Himuro said:
:lol :lol :lol

Is that a dude with tits and in drag? :lol
Pretty much.

Since you can create men with female voices and vice versa, this was bound to happen. :lol

edit:
..and expected by the devs.

In Closing

Saints Row 2 is full of variety, so much so that the player can shape their own experience. Play the game as a serious hardened criminal, or play as an obese transsexual mime on a pocket bike, the choice is yours. We wanted the game world to be as varied and dynamic as the game play itself. I’m very proud of what we accomplished and can’t wait for fans to get a hold of the game in the next couple weeks.

- Chris Claflin
:lol

Top Bottom