• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

I think they just said something about what the DLC will be. I heard something about mission packs, but my stream was cutting out. Did anyone catch that?

WatTsu

Tuesday can't come soon enough.

Has anyone had a chance to get their hands on the CE stuff? I have the SDWW version preordered (and I'm not likely to change it) but I'm curious as to whether the dubstep gun/etc. are worth the upsell.

(Again, it's not likely to change my purchase or anything.)

Anyone know if this game has an Online Pass. I have a friend who isn't really interested in many games (I pretty much have to force her to rent games just so we can try them out together), and I'd be really interested in playing Saints Row IV with her in Co-Op mode (and hopefully make her a fan of the series). If this game has an Online Pass, it'd kind of ruin the chances I have with her renting and playing the game with me :p

Xyrmellon

I know review copies have been out for a while, but why does it seem like everyone is playing this already but me? Is a retaier selling them early? I wanna play. ...

An-Det

I got PC something something edition on amazon for $39.99. Amazon is good at matching prices.

Is that a price match from the $40 GMG + discount code? If they would match that that seems the best deal to me if it also still comes with the $10 promo.

GamerSoul

Since I have no way of easing my hype for this game other than working this weekend...I'm going to reminisce and post some random pictures of SR3 in my gallery :3

The in-game camera is a great feature and I can't wait to try in SRIV. It can be pretty relaxing lol.

I spent about an hour in SR3/inauguration station trying to recreate myself perfectly. It didn't happen. I suck. I'm going to try again later... don't know why it bothers me so much for Saint's Row, I looked nothing like myself in Mass Effect.

Ploid 3.0

Is that a price match from the $40 GMG + discount code? If they would match that that seems the best deal to me if it also still comes with the $10 promo.

It's a PC digital game so they don't come with the $10 promo codes for preordering like console games.

The Giant Bomb crew created characters looks great. I want someone to make a highly accurate Big Boss but I don't think the game has a eyepatch.

Dev Diary 4 was great. It's good to see the people working on the game and the voice actors. Terry is a clown, funny dude. He better sing in the car.

terry-crews-click.gif

Last time I checked, it seemed like the game would unlock at 3 AM EST on the 20th. Pre-load, please?!

Oh shit :( I didn't think about this. I guess the preloads don't take into account your local time? I was gonna have my Saints Row buddy come over so we could play it at midnight, but I might just have to wait until Tuesday afternoon :(

It's a PC digital game so they don't come with the $10 promo codes for preordering like console games.

The Giant Bomb crew created characters looks great. I want someone to make a highly accurate Big Boss but I don't think the game has a eyepatch.

Dev Diary 4 was great. It's good to see the people working on the game and the voice actors. Terry is a clown, funny dude. He better sing in the car.

terry-crews-click.gif

Where's dev diary 4? Can't find it.

sunnz

Terry Crew?

Didn't know he was in it ( awesome guy)

Glad to hear they acknowledged that there were many who loved SR2 and tried to make SRIV a bit more for them too.

Kinda wish they changed up the games art style too a little ( environments are fine, just the faces)
This may just end up being day 1.

sunnz

Btw is it possible to listen to music in game without being in a car? Like mp3 style?

With these new powers I probably wont use the vehicles much ( plus other reasons) but the game seems to have a pretty good list of music too.

Last time I checked, it seemed like the game would unlock at 3 AM EST on the 20th. Pre-load, please?!

Yes!!! I have found proof of both a preload and an unlock time of 12AM EST from someone asking one of the Deep Silver employees that has been heavily involved with promoting and marketing the game:

npou1tn.png

Ploid 3.0

Word from reviewers, Giantbomb especially, is to avoid the 360 version. PC is the preferred platform. No word on PS3 yet, but most likely just as bad as the 360 version.

Any game that don't cap PC (Darksouls for example) should be played on PC at all costs. I'm happy when a game doesn't skimp on the PC, sure it makes the console version look weak but it's a PC. I dropped Oblivion, Fallotu, Fallout NV when I got a PC and bought versions for PC. Bayonetta was said to be unplayable on PS3 but I didn't know it until people told me, and I never played the 360 version.

39VKxCG.jpg

I'm not allowed to give my dog human foods because he won't eat his healthy food. I avoid console games like the plague if there is a PC version. "That way goes the game."

Top Bottom