• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

B-b-but I only have a 360.
grQwy6T.png

I'm ready to embrace the potential jank.

watch their quicklook on their site. there videos are encoded well enough to give you a good idea at how janky/or not a game is.

Dawg

Received a press pc copy, but it's retail and locked till release.

Well, I'm glad I at least received it. I think my PS3 review copy got lost in the mail :p

Xyrmellon

Giantbomb also bitched a lot about the 360 version of Far Cry 3 but that was far from unplayable, so I'm guessing SR IV won't be too bad.

Yes!!! I have found proof of both a preload and an unlock time of 12AM EST from someone asking one of the Deep Silver employees that has been heavily involved with promoting and marketing the game:

npou1tn.png

Holy shit a game is unlocking at Midnight EST instead of PST?! That's amazing (too bad I preordered the retail PC version from amazon...)

Ploid 3.0

Giantbomb also bitched a lot about the 360 version of Far Cry 3 but that was far from unplayable, so I'm guessing SR IV won't be too bad.

I should pop in my old PS3 open world games to see how I'd feel about them now. I haven't played one on console for years since I got my PC. The last game I played on console was TLoU and I wasn't that impressed, PC messes you up on graphics. I've been playing stuff like Skyrim with a ton of mods and crap on pc, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit PC was annoying to me because it kept going to 50-60 fps, the same for Need for Speed Most Wanted PC (racing games with random framerates man).

And I'm downloading the SR4 preload, it's so stinking close.

Don't know. Far Cry 3 had the same effect on me. Felt borderline unplayable. Playable, sure, but enough to detract from the experience.

njean777

Don't know. Far Cry 3 had the same effect on me. Felt borderline unplayable. Playable, sure, but enough to detract from the experience.

I played FC 3 on ps3 and it was very playable, not the best, but it was more then playable. So I assume that SR4 will be more than fine.

Ploid 3.0

XBOX 360 stream for anyone interested, so far it runs very well, no real fps issue or graphical problems ( looks very good graphically)

http://www.twitch.tv/gameonllc

This stream pretty much cemented this game being day 1 for me.

Having the radio while you're going around the city, and fighting is a nice touch. Wow

"The Boys Are Back In Town" while you're killing bad guys.

Blur – “Song 2″

So many good songs.

Just a friend just came on hah.

sunnz

Having the radio while you're going around the city, and fighting is a nice touch. Wow

"The Boys Are Back In Town" while you're killing bad guys.

Blur – “Song 2″

So many good songs.

Just a friend just came on hah.

Yep, really good pick for songs, so far all have been awesome!
Actually surprised its this good.

Kinda glad I wasn't so hyped for this game until now, only have to wait 3 days XD

So I downloaded the demo for this from Steam, and the screen goes black after the Volition splash and then the whole thing freezes and I have to end it in the Task Manager. My computer runs SR3 just fine. Has this happened to anyone else?

Cru

So I downloaded the demo for this from Steam, and the screen goes black after the Volition splash and then the whole thing freezes and I have to end it in the Task Manager. My computer runs SR3 just fine. Has this happened to anyone else?

Are you running Nvidia Experiance?

eshwaaz

XBOX 360 stream for anyone interested, so far it runs very well, no real fps issue or graphical problems ( looks very good graphically)

http://www.twitch.tv/gameonllc

This stream pretty much cemented this game being day 1 for me.
Thanks for this. The pop-in looks pretty bad, but the framerate seems surprisingly decent, especially considering the speed and heights involved. Makes me feel much better about purchasing the 360 version.

Cru

Nope, uninstalled that shit yesterday when I found out it was fucking up controller support in Big Picture Mode. That app is some AMD-level garbage.

I've run into some problems launching games here recently and sometimes unplugging my controller gets it to run. I still don't know for sure if its Nvidias bullshit or something else.

Yuripaw

Banned
Sorry to ask an obvious question, and I'm sure if I looked harder, I could find the answer on my own, but are there any good deals on the PC version anywhere out there that I might not be aware of besides the $5 off by preordering on steam?

jediyoshi

Sorry to ask an obvious question, and I'm sure if I looked harder, I could find the answer on my own, but are there any good deals on the PC version anywhere out there that I might not be aware of besides the $5 off by preordering on steam?

It's down to $40 on green man gaming.
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/saints-row-4/
GMG20-4B9NY-L4FEN

Though if you preorder anywhere other than Steam, it won't include the tf2 weapon skins, not a huge loss.

If you're comfortable off buying from a brazilian site, it's around $31 through here. Haven't used it myself but other gaffers have recommended it
http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1284-saints-row-iv

I've run into some problems launching games here recently and sometimes unplugging my controller gets it to run. I still don't know for sure if its Nvidias bullshit or something else.
It's GeForce Experience, people in the Steam Big Picture Forum confirmed it.

Uninstall it.

Mononoke

Banned
Holy shit a game is unlocking at Midnight EST instead of PST?! That's amazing (too bad I preordered the retail PC version from amazon...)

Yeah, I ordered mine from Green Man Gaming when it was (I guess it still is) $40. They however, won't give me my serial code until the release date. So I can't plug it into Steam and get it pre-loaded once that goes up. =/

The_Dude

Steam is now saying this will be available in Australia on September 20th. So a month late, $20 extra and a mission missing. What a deal!

Darmik

Steam is now saying this will be available in Australia on September 20th. So a month late, $20 extra and a mission missing. What a deal!

Yeah I saw this, I have a purchased a US key but I cant even preload it or play it until then :/ is there an easy way to get past this? It's pretty ridiculous.

The_Dude

Yeah I saw this, I have a purchased a US key but I cant even preload it or play it until then :/ is there an easy way to get past this? It's pretty ridiculous.
Damn, I was going to buy a US key. I saw EB Games have it listed for August 30 so maybe it's a mistake on Steam (or the other way around :( ). Where did you get your key from?

It's GeForce Experience, people in the Steam Big Picture Forum confirmed it.

Uninstall it.

Valve just pushed a Steam update tonight that fixes the Big Picture glitch with GeForce Experience. Hopefully everyone will now be good to go.

mollipen

Word from reviewers, Giantbomb especially, is to avoid the 360 version. PC is the preferred platform. No word on PS3 yet, but most likely just as bad as the 360 version.

I played and reviewed the 360 version. It's fine. Nothing that ever happened, save two quick moments of slowdown, made me feel as if I was suffering in any way.

They thought Far Cry 3 360 sucked? Wow that makes me feel a load better, ran absolutely fine for me. I guess if you compare it to PC the obvious will happen.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I played and reviewed the 360 version. It's fine. Nothing that ever happened, save two quick moments of slowdown, made me feel as if I was suffering in any way.
Did you review it after playing through it on a high end PC? The switch can be pretty jarring.

Herla

Saints Row 3 Season Pass: 2 costumes, 2 vehicles, 3 mission packs -> 13,99€
Saints Row 4 Season Pass: 1 weapon, 2 mission packs -> 9,99€

Nope.

Darmik

Damn, I was going to buy a US key. I saw EB Games have it listed for August 30 so maybe it's a mistake on Steam (or the other way around :( ). Where did you get your key from?

I grabbed it from Amazon. You just need to change your billing address to the US. I'm thinking the date must be a mistake. Seems odd to delay it exactly one month after everyone else. If it's a delay to August 30 I can deal with that.

Ploid 3.0

Same can be said for the myriad of other games then.

I wonder what they expect, every game company to hold the PC version way back, putting it at parity or below parity of the old hardware console versions? Even PS4 and Xbox one will be outclassed by the average gaming pc in no time. If it really is not that bad they need to wake up. So a game was punished for making a good PC version. That set a bad precedent for devs that don't "Dark Souls" their games for PC.

My SR4 is ready for launch now.

I kinda of excited for this game - I haven't played any of the previous, I have 3 sitting there, and I've played a little bit, but this just appeals to me more. I just saw the posts about steam having a release date for Sep 20 and I hope that's not the case. I got my US version gifted and I'm hoping to play on normal release date - although in saying that, I have a tonne of games to play :/

Sober

Saints Row 3 Season Pass: 2 costumes, 2 vehicles, 3 mission packs -> 13,99€
Saints Row 4 Season Pass: 1 weapon, 2 mission packs -> 9,99€

Nope.
Meh, I'll probably wait to see if Deep Silver wants to pull a THQ and release a buttload of micro-DLC before jumping in. Base game should be enough. Isn't the PC getting Steam Workshop? Either way there are actual mod tools/support for the PC versions so it seems like the definitive version anyway.

sevanig

Banned
How is the game on PS3

Just played a few hrs of it, not bad, pretty much the same as the other saints row games, with more post processing and pixilation, and being played at night time... I still haven't received any super powers yet. But I really want it to be like crackdown in that respect...
ATM it's just more of the same, until I get those damn super powers!
The game did make me LOL a few times tho :)

Just played a few hrs of it, not bad, pretty much the same as the other saints row games, with more post processing and pixilation, and being played at night time... I still haven't received any super powers yet. But I really want it to be like crackdown in that respect...
ATM it's just more of the same, until I get those damn super powers!
The game did make me LOL a few times tho :)

I'm wishing the performance is much better than 360.

Top Bottom