• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

Ploid 3.0

Fov fix. Steam pics.

IPt.jpg

KPt.jpg

LPt.jpg

MPt.jpg

It doesn't help that the game is super unpolished even compared to SR3.

It really is, just a bit into the game I experienced really wonky physics and clipping in a cutscene. And some of the cutscenes are super low budget.
Zinyak is talking to his Wardens
in a pitch black nothingness? I guess they had to cut some corners and patch some shit together since this was originally just DLC. Loving the game, but come on. Some camera work/positioning and animation transitions are really wonky, and not in an expected "lol open world game" acceptable way.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Game crashed towards the end of a story mission and I don't even know if I want to do that again. Game is a horrible disappointment so far. It feels like they figured they wouldn't have to try so hard on missions being fun since they went so crazy with the mechanics.

I just got done with a 5 hour co op marathon with a buddy of mine, and we progressed past the point where I had been in my single player game. We completed a particular activity
The first rift and meeting the AI who wants a physical body
and the mission involved with it, and after we were finished, the npcs around the area were horribly mutated in horrifying but hilarious ways.

I managed to get some nice screen caps of these horrifying creature hummens.

DON'T CLICK AS IT MAY CONTAIN AN INKLING OF SPOILERS DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU CONSIDER SPOILERS OR NOT. Just bein cautious as to not spoil anything for anyone.

http://imgur.com/a/7zTRp

Gvaz

Banned
I tried a kill mission and the person i tried to kill had glitched through a wall and you couldn't touch her. she eventually moved up into the corner of the building and i had to quit out to do anything quest related. ah well.

Kazzy

I've been skimming the thread trying to find an acceptable answer, but haven't really found anything to substantiate it either way. I wanted to ask about the performance of this game, specifically on the consoles.

I would have opted for the PC version, but sadly, it's no longer an option. That said, I'm now reliant on my PS3, but am more than a little worried about what I've been hearing about this game. Is it actually playable on consoles? Or does the performance actually impact it as much as I've been hearing from the likes of Giantbomb?

njean777

So how's the performance on the PS3?

Should I even bother? My PC is made of sticks and rocks so I can't do that.

I've been skimming the thread trying to find an acceptable answer, but haven't really found anything to substantiate it either way. I wanted to ask about the performance of this game, specifically on the consoles.

I would have opted for the PC version, but sadly, it's no longer an option. That said, I'm now reliant on my PS3, but am more than a little worried about what I've been hearing about this game. Is it actually playable on consoles? Or does the performance actually impact it as much as I've been hearing from the likes of Giantbomb?

For anybody concerned the ps3 version runs pretty decent, not as good as pc of course, but it is very playable. I had a little trouble with audio and had to re-download the day one patch and re-install, but after I did that everything worked. The resolution is crappy, but coming from 7 year old tech I am actually surprised it runs as well as it does. Tearing can be a bit bad at times, but I really am not bothered to much by it.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I just got done with a 5 hour co op marathon with a buddy of mine, and we progressed past the point where I had been in my single player game. We completed a particular activity
The first rift and meeting the AI who wants a physical body
and the mission involved with it, and after we were finished, the npcs around the area were horribly mutated in horrifying but hilarious ways.

I managed to get some nice screen caps of these horrifying creature hummens.

DON'T CLICK AS IT MAY CONTAIN AN INKLING OF SPOILERS DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU CONSIDER SPOILERS OR NOT. Just bein cautious as to not spoil anything for anyone.

http://imgur.com/a/7zTRp

I've seen that but only when a person was near a rift. I thought it was intentional lol. Punching them out of the rift area changed them back.

Ploid 3.0

Yeah those pictures were near a rift spot, and there are things outside of the rift that could spawn glitched characters intentionally. Like in SR3 when mascots would show up to fight you, glitched can be used as enemy types.

Darmik

Does anyone else have an issue with USB ports in this game? I have to disable all of my USB ports other than the ones I'm using otherwise the game won't recognize my PS3 controller as an Xbox 360 controller. I had the same problem with the Inauguration Station. It's odd though as I don't have the problem with any other game.

I might uninstall and reinstall all of my USB drivers. I'm guessing it might be an issue from when I was trying to get the WiiU Pro Controller to work on my PC and the drivers might be getting confused with each other. Can't seem to get that working with Saints Row 3 or 4 either.

Other than that, the game runs great for me. I'm really enjoying it so far. Playing as President Taylor Swift. Makes for a weird image.

Ceebs

Does anyone else have an issue with USB ports in this game? I have to disable all of my USB ports other than the ones I'm using otherwise the game won't recognize my PS3 controller as an Xbox 360 controller. I had the same problem with the Inauguration Station. It's odd though as I don't have the problem with any other game.

I might uninstall and reinstall all of my USB drivers. I'm guessing it might be an issue from when I was trying to get the WiiU Pro Controller to work on my PC and the drivers might be getting confused with each other. Can't seem to get that working with Saints Row 3 or 4 either.

Other than that, the game runs great for me. I'm really enjoying it so far. Playing as President Taylor Swift. Makes for a weird image.

I have not managed to get my game to pick up my PS3 controller yet, wired or through bluetooth.

Sober

Super powered insurance fraud is the best thing ever. So ridiculous LOL
Yeah I didn't really hate insurance fraud in SR3 (my first SR) but never looked forward to doing it to get completion. But in SR4? Holy fucking shit is this shit fun or what.

Did something like this ever occur to any of you?

Literally, this game is too crazy I cant tell if this is intentional or accidental. All the AI were bugged out in different ways, and so were the cars.
Totally intentional given the "simulation" thing SR4 was going for.

I totally fucking laughed myself to death during the first rescue mission
the console command window and then the even more elaborate text adventure

jediyoshi

About 9ish hours in, still pleased by the minor appearances of turret sequences

Bugginess starting to show its head a bit more though

Darmik

I have not managed to get my game to pick up my PS3 controller yet, wired or through bluetooth.

I managed to get it working with MotionJoy. I know the program sucks but I guess I'll stick with it. Weirdly enough I had the problem when nothing was plugged in as well so it's not related to MotionJoy at least.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
How's the game on 360? I want it on the PC but since my friend who I've played every SR game with is still on 360 I'm probably going to stick to that.

Striker

Haven't done a whole lot of quests/missions yet but I love the game so far. The craziness level is really rampant once your jump and speed upgrades are increased.

Ploid 3.0

I use DS3, but I dropped motionjoy for a long time. I forgot what the new thing is but I don't have to boot up a exe or anything to use the DS3 anymore. I found the solution in a gaf thread that had a "don't use motionjoy" theme.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I just did a virus injection mission and just had really weird stuff happen. So the enemies showed up and they were mascot type characters for the most part. Some of the enemies were just standing still and floating with unconnected bats. Then the glitches started happening. This is stuff out of a lovecraftian nightmare. A guy wearing a hot dog suit morphed in the freakiest way and moved like it. If only I had a video capture of it. Also a lady was walking around with both legs stretched to the side.

I'm beginning to think these are intentional parts of the game since the setting is a glitchey simulation. Holy shit though.

Dead

well not really...yet
lol

When you start getting attacked by all the mutated people and mascots, shit gets wierd, REALLY fucking fast. Freaking noodle people, giant heads, peeps upside down, etc. Shit is just too funny and wiered

Ploid 3.0

I just did a virus injection mission and just had really weird stuff happen. So the enemies showed up and they were mascot type characters for the most part. Some of the enemies were just standing still and floating with unconnected bats. Then the glitches started happening. This is stuff out of a lovecraftian nightmare. A guy wearing a hot dog suit morphed in the freakiest way and moved like it. If only I had a video capture of it. Also a lady was walking around with both legs stretched to the side.

I'm beginning to think these are intentional parts of the game since the setting is a glitches simulation. Holy shit though.

lol I wonder if some people will actually think their game is messed up. There is even a mod out that can make the whole district glitched if a rift is on it, there's another setting to just make the rift area much much larger. The modder felt that the glitch area of the rifts were too small. Glitchers show up for other reasons than the rift though, like Mascot npcs.

That I don't know, I guess the only thing is to play through the first few main missions and it should pop up.

Once you get access to your gateway (homebase) it should pop up

fleck0

Things got really crashy tonight, about 3 hard locks all during cutscenes. The latest one forcing me to replay the Asha mission....

Ploid 3.0

I haven't been doing many missions as well. I've just been jumping around like a crazy person.

7Qt.jpg

I'm very early in the missions, very very early. I'm taking my time.

Ceebs

The best thing about this game is how it keeps me grinning like a fucking maniac every second.

Matt's Rescue mission totally needed
Light trails after the bike

I don't have the game but I was watching someone stream it and I just gotta say GOTDAMN at the soundtrack! Awesome songs in this game! I don't know what radio station it was but they had some great 90's tracks that took me back.

I really regret not preordering this game on amazon when I had the chance.

Row

Banned
"Wow, I feel like such a badass with these powers, I'm unstoppable!"
*activates assignation mission and gets destroyed by a fucking question mark*

I deserve it

DocSeuss

This is the most exuberant gameplay experience I have had in a while.

The way it travels through the complete history of Saints Row (and video gaming as a whole--the jabs at a certain crappy stealth franchise were amazing) is fantastic.

It's an unapologetic apology for people who loved Saints Row 2.

The shooting still sucks, though. Enemies are too bullet spongey. You're just pointing at them and making health bars go down. I am actually laughing out loud at much of this experience.

I love this game so much you don't even know.

Ploid 3.0

"Wow, I feel like such a badass with these powers, I'm unstoppable!"
*activates assignation mission and gets destroyed by a fucking question mark*

I deserve it

I got beat down over and over by a toilet. Need more stuff like this, I hope there's more, it makes me use my abilities wisely. I like it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That Matt Miller loyalty mission is the best one so far.

OH MY GOD NYTE BLADE IS ON HIS WAY

which also bums me out for them getting rid of the radio commercials though. the fake Nyte Blade ones were so good.

The game definitely has a lot of bugs. In the opening mission during the Cyrus fight he completely disappeared and it looked like my character was fighting nothing. None the less I'm having an absolute blast and have barely played any actual missions.

Top Bottom