• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

Ploid 3.0

Has anyone made a Nathan Drake character I can download?

I made this one in the character creator demo thread. I could activate it if you think it's close enough. This is the second one, the first one I made looked closer to him I thought, but the demo crashed on me.

6pt.jpg

Linking might not work, but in case it do
http://www.saintsrow.com/community/characters/details/126189321730458511

Most likely it will give you a 404 page I bet. Search "Nathan Drake" if it does.

Actually just searching Nathan Drake shows some good ones with a better arms rolled up shirt and face on the community site. que it up and download it in game.

Whoever does the voice for Female 1 is the only way to play as far as I am concerned.

Yeah, I played The Third as her just because I wanted to try a female character for once and really enjoyed it. She kinda feels like if Renegade FemShep was more wacky and less hardass.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Christ this game is fun. I may never even get the main game. I'm just going to jump around and pick up clusters. Those things are addictive.

Quantum

I was semi media blackout - these clusters are so freaking awesome.

its like someone dropped crackdown into saints row.

I'm freakin giddy.

JWong

Banned
I made this one in the character creator demo thread. I could activate it if you think it's close enough. This is the second one, the first one I made looked closer to him I thought, but the demo crashed on me.

Linking might not work, but in case it do
http://www.saintsrow.com/community/characters/details/126189321730458511

Most likely it will give you a 404 page I bet. Search "Nathan Drake" if it does.

Actually just searching Nathan Drake shows some good ones with a better arms rolled up shirt and face on the community site. que it up and download it in game.

His hair... lol I guess that's all there is for Nate.

Kukuk

Banned
Has anyone else had issues with controls not working while customizing vehicles? It happens from time to time, and switching between controller and M+KB doesn't fix it. The game isn't locked up, it's just the controls not working. Kind of annoying, since the only way to fix it is to alt+F4 out.

Ploid 3.0

I can't get past the closing doors in The Real World. I've tried like 20 times What am I missing?

What closing doors? First mission thing or something?

-----

This game is so freeing. It feels like every dream where I'm flying, but really I'm gliding, I would need speed and a big jump got get the glide action going. This game.

fleck0

Was on the fence but I'm glad I picked this up. The world traversal is super fun, the most fun I've had zooming around a city since Spiderman 2 or City of heroes. I haven't played Infamous but I think it controls a more naturally than the Prototype games, fun trying to land on the collectibles

I can't get past the closing doors in The Real World. I've tried like 20 times What am I missing?

Not sure, to be honest--I got through first try, assuming you mean the flying bit. The game's really bad at telling you when your flight path will make you hit stuff, so just try to center the ship as much as possible; you'll bounce off the walls a little bit but you should survive just fine.

I doubt it actually helps but you could also try taking Kinzie's and Keith David's advice and
do a barrel roll

For everyone playing on PC, do you get unfortunate white fringing around character models occasionally? I'm running an ATI 6950 and especially in the early missions it was quite noticeable. Turning off the ambient occlusion helped slightly but didn't eliminate it. Any ideas? Once I hit Steelport I didn't notice it nearly as much so no biggie if no one knows.

Is there any good video review for this anywhere?
Also how is performance for people with specs similar to this?
hd6870
phenom II x4

Same engine as SR3 so I don't trust it at all.

I was confused as to what the reward was for finishing all the Keith David quests. And then I found out...
a fucking Rowdy Roddy Piper outfit
?! Seriously?! AMAZING

Kukuk

Banned
Is there any good video review for this anywhere?
Also how is performance for people with specs similar to this?
hd6870
phenom II x4

Same engine as SR3 so I don't trust it at all.

On an Athlon II X4 and GTX650Ti I run it mostly maxed out, with 8xAA and at 2162x1350.

njean777

For anybody concerned the ps3 version runs pretty decent, not as good as pc of course, but it is very playable. I had a little trouble with audio and had to re-download the day one patch and re-install, but after I did that everything worked. The resolution is crappy, but coming from 7 year old tech I am actually surprised it runs as well as it does.

White Man

Did you move up and down and dodge the closing gates or anything? I've been at this for near an hour and I'm close to just giving up and probably never touching the game again. Urge to kill rising.

Kolgar

Kudos to the team behind this game. Sheer, brilliant lunacy, and I love it.

Is this the best game soundtrack in an awfully long time? I think so.

Seriously, the only other game that might get some attention from me in the near future is Saints Row the Third, as I still have some DLC missions to do and, what the heck, I may just play the whole thing again.

Amazing series.

Did you move up and down and dodge the closing gates or anything? I've been at this for near an hour and I'm close to just giving up and probably never touching the game again. Urge to kill rising.

Check your PM

A couple hours in, and while I find it fun it really is just a glorified SR3 expansion pack

I thought we were past this. :p

Kudos to the team behind this game. Sheer, brilliant lunacy, and I love it.

Is this the best game soundtrack in an awfully long time? I think so.

Seriously, the only other game that might get some attention from me in the near future is Saints Row the Third, as I still have some DLC missions to do and, what the heck, I may just play the whole thing again.

Amazing series.

Thanks to you and everyone here for the support.

skullwolfgp

Neo Member
kind of surprised that I haven't seen anyone on the internet mention the probably intentional similarities to
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream, what with each of the supporting crew being trapped in an endless computer-controlled personal hell

Does anybody else have trouble using advanced flight for helicopters/planes? It always resets to normal flight even when I choose advanced.

Picked this up tonight. Was kinda wary after seeing some previews, thought it might be too similar to 3. However it's great so far. It's too similar in the right ways, if that makes sense lol.

Ceebs

So how I do lose my notoriety now? It does not seem to drop and I keep getting pulled out of the shop menus by cops.

So, I'm having an issue with this on PC that is identical to a problem I had with Saints Row 3. Effectively every time I enter a new area, my frame rate goes in the shitter for a significant period of time, then loosens up the longer I stay in that "area". Now - this seems to have almost nothing to do with graphics settings. It does it on High, Medium, and Low. It's slightly less noticeable on the lower settings, but there's clearly something else going on here. I could manage it in 3, but due to this one's super-sprint nature of the travel - I'm encountering frame drops almost constantly as I rush across the city. Not sure if there's an actual fix for this, or if I'm just running into a limitation of my hardware. I'm running a 6600M series Radeon on my laptop, with 8 gigs RAM. I'm usually able to run most modern games on Medium/High settings at a comfortable 30fps - but something about this engine doesn't want to cooperate.

george_us

Does the story ever get good? Opening was amazing and has been shit ever since.
Yeah I'm feeling the same way. I just
broke out of the simulation
and it feels like the writers play it too straight. It doesn't help that the game is super unpolished even compared to SR3.

Nowise10

Did something like this ever occur to any of you?

Literally, this game is too crazy I cant tell if this is intentional or accidental. All the AI were bugged out in different ways, and so were the cars.

An-Det

Loving the game so far. I tend to get addicted to tracking down and getting all the collectibles in games like these (where they upgrade you), so hunting down the 1255 clusters is so much fun so far (does the 'show all collectibles' upgrade show these on the map?). Traversal is great, simply flying around the city just feels right. Everything is so absurd and insane and I love it.

So how I do lose my notoriety now? It does not seem to drop and I keep getting pulled out of the shop menus by cops.

That threw me off too, since I'm so used to walking into places that I own to remove the wanted levels. From what I've seen so far
there are a few upgrades to make it decrease faster, but it does take some time to finally start going down. Also, if you catch the golden snitch (which spawns during a battle), it'll remove all your notoriety.

Yuripaw

Banned
So...I really wanna love this game, but my old PC is really starting to show it's age with this SR engine. SR3 ran like crap in the open world, and SR4 still does too. I know my computer is old, and not top of the line, but a lot of games like even Sleeping Dogs run much better than this for me.

If I was to build a new PC, what do you think is the lowest I could spend to get good performance out of these games? I already have a 560 ti GPU that I'm thinking about reusing for now if I rebuild a PC, but I do need a new MB, CPU, and RAM, because I've had this thing for at least 5 years now, and it's time to get something new.

Lain

Sorry if this has already been posted, but it looks like the international keys from Nuuvem won't be available till next Friday:

Damn.
I just received a Saints Row 4 email saying the game is out and I'm all "WTF, the game is out? But I didn't get my key from Nuuvem yet!". I'm sad.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
This game has even lazier missions than SR3 did. Such a disappointment,

Oh, sure I will help CID. Oh, do a shitty side activity? What brilliant design, thank you CID.

Top Bottom