• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

I have to say that I love the superpowers in this game. I don't even use a car anymore since getting all the superpowers up to a point where it's not even worth driving when I can sprint and jump across the city in a matter of seconds.

Great game? Yes. Probably my favorite SR to date and definitely putting this one in the number one spot ahead of Sleeping Dogs.

Mononoke

Banned
So even with the PS3 version being kind of a mess framerate wise and the roughness off the game mechanics really showing, I'm having a blast.

I was just leaping and gliding around the city collecting data clusters as Thin Lizzy's The Boys are back in Town played in my characters head. So stupid, so great.

No Love

Banned
My only issue so far is the textures seem more muddy than they should be. Haven't had any issues with my Nvidia cards though. So far the game is running really smoothly.

I noticed that too. I saw a ground texture and it looked straight out of a PS2 game at one point. Wondering why, considering this game is around 10GB. :|

Dead

well not really...yet
Man the sense of pure fun just leaping and flying and running through the city causing chaos while listening to mad descent radio...

...its...its beautiful

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
:lol, Keith David said "I was 12 hours into Dead Island when the Aliens attacked. I'll never forgive them for that"

And Kenzie's Romance Option... :D

MechDX

Damn game still hasn't show up from Amazon! Two UPS trucks were parked on my street earlier and still it hasn't arrived.

jediyoshi

Been rocking the deckers outfit for a while now, so spiffy

5uxkQo5.jpg

Ever since I got the patch yesterday the game has been acting..... strange.

I no longer have option to buy weapons and serious texture issues. Three freezes as well. Is there any others having these issues?

The frame rate on the 360 isn't as bad as I thought it would be, it's pretty much in par with the Third. Otherwise the game is incredible so far!

I will also add that the intro was killer haha.

Not enjoying the in-game radio nearly as much as I thought I would.
I swear to god, if I have to hear that "AAAWW SHIIIIIIT" song one more time...

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The opening scene of this game was great! I lol'd at the mic not working for the main character. The
Aerosmith
part was hilarious.

I instantly knew the
spaceship hub
was making fun of Mass Effect. The
romance
option was even more obvious. Where the hell is Kinzie
on the ship
though?

The game is kind of weird since you don't rely on cars to get around anymore. You don't have cribs or territories to buy. I was using a vehicle at one point and the radio was still playing after I got out of the car. Is that supposed to happen? Is there an option to listen to the radio without being in the car? I'd like more music for sure in the game, most of the time there is just no sound at all. The
spaceship
hub just sounds barren. I miss the Adult Swim station.

The opening scene of this game was great! I lol'd at the mic not working for the main character.

I instantly knew the
spaceship hub
was making fun of Mass Effect. The
romance
option was even more obvious. Where the hell is Kinzie
on the ship
though?

The game is kind of weird since you don't rely on cars to get around anymore. You don't have cribs or territories to buy. I was using a vehicle at one point and the radio was still playing after I got out of the car. Is that supposed to happen? Is there an option to listen to the radio without being in the car? I'd like more music for sure in the game, most of the time there is just no sound at all. The
spaceship
hub just sounds barren. I miss the Adult Swim station.

Yes, you have on foot radio.

Trigger

I'm loving the game. Super leaping may never get old.

Not enjoying the in-game radio nearly as much as I thought I would.
I swear to god, if I have to hear that "AAAWW SHIIIIIIT" song one more time...

The selection is a bit blah. I like the electronic station enough, but I may just use the mixtape function soon.

Aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwww shiiiiiiiiiit

njr

I'm enjoying every minute of this. I came into the previous version so confused about the changes but came prepared for this iteration. Listening to What is Love while stone cold stunnering hobos is a defining moment for me lol.

Put about 3 hours into this so far. I've only done 3 main missions because the rest of the time I've been collecting data clusters. Scratches a Crackdown urge I didn't even realize I still had after Crackdown 2 was sort of a let down, the difference being this game has much more personality. With the whole alien/superhero tone, the sci-fi and fantasy outfits fit the world so much more than they did before and I'm kinda disappointed they didn't add more. How have I not seen a cape, or Wonder Woman-esque parody outfits yet?

Haven't even unlocked any offensive superpowers, and I ran into one side mission that I obviously shouldn't have been in right now-
The ones where you have to hunt people down, and I ended up fighting a superpowered toilet that kicked my ass
- but it's fun so far. Remains to be seen where the story goes, but the powers have already justified themselves because leaping, gliding, and super sprint are fun. The super sprint into melee attacks is top notch.

Oh, I'm on PS3 btw, and aside from the screen tearing, it feels about on par with The Third; inconsistent framerate and pop-in, but totally playable up till now.

Ceebs

Whoever does the voice for Female 1 is the only way to play as far as I am concerned.

Also awaiting 100 Haters Gonna Hate GIFs from the A Pleasant Day Mission.

Chris R

Making a sandwich right now, can't wait to play this!

Going to power through it though, just a rental for PS3 for now to get the story (lol) out of the way. I'll grab the game on PC at some point later this year or early next for the kick ass DLC.

edit: oh man, SR3 on PC totally spoiled me :( these textures/resolution/frame rate :(

Superpowers turns some of the old activities into pure madness. I got 1.2 million in one faint in insurance fraud. Wish I capped it, I was just too amped to remember to. Big ups to the homie Keith David for allowing me to sprint without limits.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
PC is too dated to bother getting that version.

How awful is the Xbox game though? I'm kinda finishing up SR3 currently, and is it any worse? SR3 definitely chugs, but if SR4 is on par I can deal. The GB QL definitely did not seem good though, but over stream it is difficult to tell, the crew were really dogging it though.

Dead

well not really...yet
XBOX version had a pretty nasty issue where autosaving would stall the game a second every time I picked up a cluster, but after today's patch, its been fine.

Ive only noticed massive slowdown in one instance. Turned on Vsync and there is pretty much no screen tearing.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Whoever does the voice for Female 1 is the only way to play as far as I am concerned.

Also awaiting 100 Haters Gonna Hate GIFs from the A Pleasant Day Mission.

Been playing SR3 with the Russian female. Kinda dig it, though not quite as witty as I had hoped. Might try Fem 1 when I get around to SR4.

Ploid 3.0

Wow I am a giant baby, had to turn combat difficulty back to normal. I must've died like 5 times trying to do the diversion/flush system side mission I got. Holy fuck those toilets are tough as hell.

Those target missions kick my butt. I want more of those things roaming around the city random spawns. It turns the fighting into something I can only explain as Zone of The Enders super human type battles. I use speed and jump to dodge out of the way just like ZoE.

If Modders start adding armor, models, and such into the game Skyrim style I hope they make a ZoE robot or something. Think about it, for running speed you just do the ZoE boost, for guns you use Zoe mech weapons, it would be a huge huge project that is probably not possible.

Volition your next game is a mech game with a ton of destruction, and the ability to break EVERYTHING Red Faction style.

Top Bottom