• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

I tried a kill mission and the person i tried to kill had glitched through a wall and you couldn't touch her. she eventually moved up into the corner of the building and i had to quit out to do anything quest related. ah well.

That happen to me as well. But luckily I pulled out the Tentacle sword and was able to kill the target inside the wall.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I've been having this issue, too. The mix doesn't have very much punch at all; it's just really flat.

I'm getting by and loving it, though.

This mix is absolutely awful, just like SR3. Is it a PC problem? I complained about it a lot when playing SR3, but people playing the console version said it sounded excellent.

I've never touched a SR game, but seeing the commercials for IV has me intrigued. Should I play The Third first to get a cheaper taste of gameplay?

DangerStepp

This mix is absolutely awful, just like SR3. Is it a PC problem? I complained about it a lot when playing SR3, but people playing the console version said it sounded excellent.
I recently played through SR3 on PC a few months ago and don't remember it being a problem.

I'm not sure what the deal is here.

No Love

Banned

Yep, it's bad. I can barely even hear the cars. They sound like Camrys lol. Mix is awful. :(

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I've been having this issue, too. The mix doesn't have very much punch at all; it's just really flat.

I'm getting by and loving it, though.

I switched off voice chat and the sound mix turned normal for me.

f0MgXOM.jpg

Look at this amusing glitch. So funnay.

AkuMifune

Banned
Made it through the work day, and now have to suffer through a few hours of excruciatingly painful family fakery before I can get down to the serious nonsense of SR4.

Man, this game.

Just when I thought it had run out of clever surprises I ran into
Rowdy Roddy Piper fighting Keith David
and I was howling

Is the console frame rate as terrible as Gerstmann describes?
Yeah. I'm playing on the 360 and it's pretty rough. The entire game really does hitch up for a couple seconds when the game autosaves, I think some other times too. It's not a framerate drop, for all practical purposes it's like the whole game pauses.

I'm very generous about technical issues so I'll play the game and deal with it, but if you're sensitive about stuff like that I wouldn't recommend the game.

Dresden

Man, this is so good. The superpowers and how incredibly varied some of the main story missions are puts it way over the top.

Hmmm. Don't customize cars, it's glitchy. Got stuck and could'nt do anything. Also you really need to level the character before taking on some of the side missions.
But I am enjoying it. Looks good too (PC).

Chris R

I had real issues yesterday trying to gold the tank and mayhem missions so I stuck to just getting a silver on them :(

The time trial missions though, it's like I'm playing a good sonic game! Sooooo much fun.

epmode

Sometimes I wish I can change the pad controls to jump on a shoulder/trigger so I can jump and move the camera at the same time. I'm pretty sure I did this in Crackdown!

My kingdom for controller mapping! Even if it's just in the PC version!

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Man this thread... Godammit EU and your delays and the dodgy ass pc release of this game in the UK. I thought this game was out!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I really hope there's a SR5, solely so I can see how they do the intro mission to that one. They've been getting more and more awesomely ridiculous in each iteration.

All in all, I liked SR3 a lot, but felt the dialogue in the context of the situations always felt off and made each character one dimensional.

Setting it in virtual reality really helps masks how one dimensional each character is (even though that's kind of The Boss' entire arc in SR4).

Ploid 3.0

The hacking mini-game is kinda fun. heheh

Need it on my phone. I like it in small doses. It's a bit easy to do in the square area, but for a phone/pad game they can have traps, and other little gameplay things in it to make it more interesting. Maybe have each lock different. A lock that don't list how many shapes you have to use, as a example maybe.

Mononoke

Banned
Is there a way to break that glitch? I've just been saving and reloading. It's annoying.

Just keep floating around until a car hits you. It might take a couple of tries (you need the car going fast) - then it will kick you into the fall animation and you will be out of it. Had this happen to me once.

Another glitch right now is if you alt tab out of the game, then the menus will no longer be responsive. It doesn't always happen if you alt tab out, but seems to happen if you alt tab out multiple times. Only way to get around this is to save your game, then just close it out entirely and re-boot it up.

(This is if you are in full screen mode of course).

Top Bottom