• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV |OT| One Nation, One Crew

Xevren

Having fun with the game but getting hit with some bugs that are driving me nuts. Sometimes when I start up I just fall through the world until I reload. Now, any time I go to a store to buy anything the camera will never follow me again...so yeah =/

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Running around and collecting orbs is as awesome as I remember the good parts of Crackdown being, but having every side mission that's not a loyalty mission be an amalgamation of various side activities, EDIT: some of which don't involve powers, is kind of depressing. Loyalty missions and Main quests have been much better this time around, though. 55% and running around jumping for orbs hasn't gotten dull yet.

They're at least introducing the new side events well rather than just signing them off as main quests a la SR3, (i.e. aligning their intro with new powers and such), but it's the same core problem that SR3 had, with repetition of the same tasks 6/9 times, and speaking for myself, I don't quite understand why you have to do Tank Mayhem 3 times if my high score the first time around was high enough to qualify for Gold on the hard difficulty.

It also seems like some of SR3's bugs via suddenly empty streets and such have made a reappearance as well. Have also had 3 hard locks on 360, one of which set me back 2 main missions, My fault for not saving, which is now fixed by me saving after every side/main mission, lol.

Still, overall a waaaay better experience than SR3 thus far.

This game is kinda weirding me out. It feels like two games mashed into one.

You can really tell which missions were Enter the Dominatrix and which were made for Saints Row 4.

Enjay

Banned
I can't believe it's 2013 and you can still run into game breaking glitches like back in the NES days hashtaggladIborrowedfirst

KorrZ

Keith David has some great dialogue in this game

"I was 12 hours into Dead Island when the Zen attacked, now I'll never get to finish it. I'll never forgive them for that"
:lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
While I don't much care for a lot of the main story, the loyalty missions are some of the funniest they've come up with.

This time we have two guards and two lights
Too tough for me. I'm turning back.

also 6 times now that it's soft crashed on me

Tek

The audio mix in this game is horrible...I can barely hear people when they talk, I had to turn on subtitles. When I turned up the volume, the rest of the audio over powers any speech...even if I adjust the sliders to turn everything else down.

I can't believe it's 2013 and you can still run into game breaking glitches like back in the NES days hashtaggladIborrowedfirst

Yeah man it's like games are still programmed by human beings that are capable of mistakes, and that games are leagues bigger than they were in the NES games. Shit's crazy.

love moving around, not really digging combat.

Not being able to shoot while sprinting or jumping really limits combat... melee is still pretty janky, which sucks because knocking people a mile away is great (you gotta chase after them for the health though).

what are y'all's combat strategy? Which guns y'all using?

Alec

love moving around, not really digging combat.

Not being able to shoot while sprinting or jumping really limits combat... melee is still pretty janky, which sucks because knocking people a mile away is great (you gotta chase after them for the health though).

what are y'all's combat strategy? Which guns y'all using?

A fully upgraded heavy pistol. I freeze people and then dash through them\headshot them to shatter them.

Gurrry

Been loving the game. Its one massive troll mixed with an open world super hero theme. The first 15-20 minutes of the game are just amazing. Simply amazing.

I ran into a bug where it kept freezing on the quest with the
tron tanks (matt miller quest).
I fixed it by going into windowed mode. If youre having any issues, try playing through that part in windowed mode.

NIN90

Keith David has some great dialogue in this game

"I was 12 hours into Dead Island when the Zen attacked, now I'll never get to finish it. I'll never forgive them for that"
:lol

He should be thankful. Everything after the resort is whack.

A fully upgraded heavy pistol. I freeze people and then dash through them\headshot them to shatter them.

thats what i used in 3. it doesn't seem that effective against warden's and the monster closet spawning thing though... hmmmm...

might needa max it first though, always ended up wasting my money on other things lol. forget to upgrade guns lol.

Alec

thats what i used in 3. it doesn't seem that effective against warden's and the monster closet spawning thing though... hmmmm...

might needa max it first though, always ended up wasting my money on other things lol. forget to upgrade guns lol.

For the Portals, I use the Alien Rocket Launcher. The pistol will also take it out in about 10 shots from max range.

For Wardens, the standard Alien Laser Rifle has served me well.

And why exactly do you have the expectation that something more complex would be less buggy? I can't believe it's 2013 and someone just made that post.

DJ_Lae

My copy finally arrived today.

The only question is...do I open this as tempting as it is, or do I sell it locally and buy the superior PC version?

iboFutlvUtucf5.jpg

I also didn't realize how goddamn big the box was going to be. The shipping box was huge, and when I opened it the game box itself was as snug as could be inside, no packing materials whatsoever.

Zeth

Anyone else playing with KB+M? I think I prefer it for aiming etc, vehicles used to bother me in SR3 but they seem less common in 4 with the powers and everything.

Largo

Does anyone have a (spoiler-free) list of things you shouldn't buy for power upgrades that get unlocked from side quests, or are they completely separate? I knew from a few pages back that you got the unlimited sprint from Keith David's missions, as an example. I'd hate to waste my orbs.

WARNING, ENDING SPOILERS:
Was anyone else slightly disappointed by the ending? I loved the dancing though. When they mentioned time travel I thought for sure the boss was going to set everything back to how it was before the invasion and prevent Zinyak's blowing up of Earth. I suppose I'm just stunned that the Earth is really gone. The secret ending (after the loyalty missions are all complete) slightly confused me. So there are a bunch of people from history that Zinyak has captured? How many people are there that survived then? I hope a future DLC touches on this.

birdman

Yeah man it's like games are still programmed by human beings that are capable of mistakes, and that games are leagues bigger than they were in the NES games. Shit's crazy.

Quoted because not enough people understand this. Also, time constraints and not being able to test every single scenario.

dont know, still not really digging most of these side stuff. I usually just do it if the questline has a neat reward... keith david giving me more time for hacking? no interest :/

unlimited sprint is good though!

Do you ever get to fly in this?

dont know, still not really digging most of these side stuff. I usually just do it if the questline has a neat reward... keith david giving me more time for hacking? no interest :/

unlimited sprint is good though!

Do you ever get to fly in this?

There's like 3-4 different tiers of rewards for doing the side quests. You might not really like the first but that that's because it's technically the easiest one then it gets to a variety of other stuff which is really better and helpful. Plus, doing the side quests means doing the activities which completes challenges which unlocks even more stuff.

Basically, do side quests or you'll be locked out of all the cool stuff.

Althane

I am so bad at Insurance Fraud missions, it's blocking from advancing on the side quests...

Any tips?

(I've just done the AI mission, so I have decent powers... just don't know how to play Insurance Fraud)

iiicon

I am so bad at Insurance Fraud missions, it's blocking from advancing on the side quests...

Any tips?

(I've just done the AI mission, so I have decent powers... just don't know how to play Insurance Fraud)
Find a highway, charged up your super jump, then ragdoll in the air as you're hurtling down the road hitting any car in sight. It's the only diversion I can easily get golds on.

There's like 3-4 different tiers of rewards for doing the side quests. You might not really like the first but that that's because it's technically the easiest one then it gets to a variety of other stuff which is really better and helpful. Plus, doing the side quests means doing the activities which completes challenges which unlocks even more stuff.

Basically, do side quests or you'll be locked out of all the cool stuff.

k. luckily you only need bronze for the quests.

only got gold a few times out of luck lol.

jediyoshi

Just checked my end game cluster count. Only got 404/1255. Also somehow never destroyed any zinyak statues or got any text adventure pieces.

Otherwise total playtime, 18 hours for 100% simulation complete

really wish there were stuff you can do while super running/jumping outside of elemental powers.

Kinda wish there were something running melee moves that can do multiple enemies.

Top Bottom