• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

MjFrancis

Nice OP and I can't wait to participate in the insanity that is Saint's Row: The Third. The San Andreas sequel Rockstar never made. Sure, the next GTA is set in the city, but the spirit will be from IV, not SA.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Al_Bundy_excited.gif

Ron Perlman is ready for the ROW
9lc315.jpg

Eusis

3chopl0x said:
Heh, there's going to be a 'Season Pass' on Steam, wonder how much it will be.
$20, but I wonder how much it'll be in a Christmas or other sale. If this were on consoles I'd definitely just go with THQ for something like that.

Is anyone else thinking this is what GTA should have been but instead got the crapfest that was the last one on consoles? I can't believe im hyped for a saints row game.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
EvilDick34 said:
Is anyone else thinking this is what GTA should have been but instead got the crapfest that was the last one on consoles? I can't believe im hyped for a saints row game.
That's what a lot of us who preferred SR2 to GTA4 have been saying for years.

LuchaShaq

Banned
EvilDick34 said:

No GTA4 is one of my favorite games of all time. I'm glad they took out all the jet/tanks and toned down the crazy.

That said I also LOVED Saints Row 2 and am glad Saints Row 3 is upping the craziness.

There is room for BOTH, when Rockstar tried to do both at once in San Andreas it came out half assed on the story and half assed on the crazy.

If Rockstar gets back to the crazy in GTA5 or if Volition tried to get serious in Saints row 3/4 I'd be PISSED.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I wouldn't mind a demo of this that isn't the character creator. Like a 30 minute jet/plane and driving area demo a la Just Cause 2. The demo of JC2 is what got me to buy it, so it isn't like it's some farfetched thing for Violition to do.

The character creator is pretty good. I made a decent suited gangster in it. But I'm not sure why "package size" is so damn important that it needs an option in the creator. :lol

Ploid 3.0

TheSeks said:
I wouldn't mind a demo of this that isn't the character creator. Like a 30 minute jet/plane and driving area demo a la Just Cause 2. The demo of JC2 is what got me to buy it, so it isn't like it's some farfetched thing for Violition to do.

The character creator is pretty good. I made a decent suited gangster in it. But I'm not sure why "package size" is so damn important that it needs an option in the creator. :lol

It just adds to the crazyness, one of many things showing that it doesn't take itself seriously. It's part of the awesome group of features (avoided saying package).

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I hope the game can continue to be crazy past the seemingly insane over the top intro I watched.

SR2 turned me off because of the shoddy PC port. Hope things this time are much better.

InertiaXr

Hazaro said:
I hope the game can continue to be crazy past the seemingly insane over the top intro I watched.

SR2 turned me off because of the shoddy PC port. Hope things this time are much better.

SR2 PC was sent to some out of Volition place, and SR3 is being developed/ported in-house. I've heard the last Red Faction on PC (the shit underground one, not Guerrilla) was also in-house and was a fine port technically, game quality aside.

Im putting off buying Skyrim for SR3, so I really hope it'll be good.
The game is really expensive here in Australia too. It'll cost me $110 (with pre-order bonus).
MW3 only cost me $78.
Im also hoping SR3's DLC will be good value for money. As much as I love SR2, the DLC for that game was pretty over-priced IIRC.

cacophony

I'm loving all the upgrades and weapon customization I've seen a little of in videos. It seems like when you max everything out you are basically invincible (no damage from gun fire,etc)

Ploid 3.0

Why shoot with bullets when you have lasers? I think higher up things use explosives and lasers probably, making the bullet thing only good against low level resistance. The Syndicate use lasers and other goodies.

Ploid 3.0

DonMigs85 said:
Is this a game I wouldn't want to play with mother around?

I played the gta's around family back in the day. You can be a saint when they're around (no hookers in cars to get HP), then turn evil when the aren't looking.

The_Hitcher89 said:
This is the only game I can think of where they are actually selling cheats as DLC, but I'm sure there are others. Any ideas?

I don't think that was ever confirmed, as seen in the giant bomb quick look video you can buy invulnerability against bullets in game if you are a high enough level and have cash, if they are selling it, it could be more like early unlocks or something to that nature.

CrazedArabMan said:
I don't think that was ever confirmed, as seen in the giant bomb quick look video you can buy invulnerability against bullets in game if you a high enough level and have cash, if they are selling it, it could be more like early unlocks or something to that nature.

Ah right, makes sense.You can definitely buy them on the UK PSN though, unless I misread.

This game is lacking GAF hype right now which is unfortunate as it is going to be some of the most over the top fun I have had since I picked up Saints Row 2 last year. Plus the co-op in this game is so much fun, really can't play the game any other way.

Two days to complete TT? Two weeks to complete SR2? O_O

I find that very hard to believe. He also seems pretty pissed about the fact that there's DLC coming, blaming that for the game's apparent short length.

cackhyena

Yeah, seemed like it might have hurt them to even give it that score. They kinda say the shooting is garbage. Looks fun to me, though. We'll see.

Top Bottom