• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row The Third |OT| Oscar Worthy Gameplay

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He's back
wabbitz38p7.jpg

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
How are you guys viewing the larger images? I'm only seeing small thumbnails. Do I need to try in a different browser?

Milly79

How are you guys viewing the larger images? I'm only seeing small thumbnails. Do I need to try in a different browser?

Those are probably just print screens from the PC version.

I really don't think consoles can look at full-screens yet. Hopefully they are still doing upgrades to it...

Okay, I got my Laptop jet engine noise under control and will be sticking with Steam version. Basically turned off SSAO and dropped Post processing to low (no DX10) and shadows to medium. Funny enough, this runs better in DX10 than DX9. I am using DXtory though and limiting to 30fps.

...now my laptop is quiet again after playing this for 3 hours straight!

HOLY SHIT

I'M IN FUCKING LOOOOOOOVE

Seriously, if this keeps up it's charm and EXCELLENT gameplay, this could very well be my game of the year.
Devastating that more people aren't playing/talking about it. It's such a gem!

Gravijah

can you fully re-edit your character? clothes look dumb as hell on my character because of his build.

also, using the character download thing, can i just make a new character and download it in?

Anyone found a fix for performance in game turning to shit over time? Any time I go near the STAG building my FPS gets cut down from 60 to 25 until I restart the game.
can you fully re-edit your character? clothes look dumb as hell on my character because of his build.

also, using the character download thing, can i just make a new character and download it in?

yes

ctrayne

Question for the UK guys - since the game is not on UK Steam, does that mean you don't have to register it on Steam, or is it still Steamworks but you have to buy in-store?

I like seeing how little of the game I've actually played so far when checking my stats.

Looks like if you go to the Community tab, you can click on My Map and see My Screenshots.

Edit: beaten horribly.

Here's one of my golden girl at sea:

NNOw3.png

Jamie OD

Just had a mental half hour of gaming on the mission Convoy Decoy that was heavily affected by a bug and my attempts to get around it.

For some reason, I could not destroy some of the buildings in the second STAG base while I was flying in the jet. I spent a long time just destroying the STAG tanks and jets while trying to blow up the base but it just wouldn't happen. I eventually had to evacuate it and it was only when I was on foot that I was able to attack it. Unfortunately I destroyed the spare jets while in the air and with heavy gunfire, fled into the river and swam to the other side of the nearby bridge. From there I drove back to the Penthouse to protect Oleg from the tanks. Without the jet, I hijacked one of the STAG tanks and destroyed the rest. In order to continue, I needed blow up the stolen tank but I had nothing powerful enough. So I just drove over to the nearest gun store and threw grenades at it over and over. Sure, I could have gotten more powerful weapons but I was having fun with the grenades. I couldn't complete the rest of the mission because I had no jet to fly after the plane so I just drove around waiting for the clock to run out. No way I was going to waste the amount of respect and destroyed vehicles I achieved from attacking the bases.

I don't know why I wasn't able to pass the early part of the mission but it was just crazy to try and fight through it.

Milly79

My attempt at Dexter Morgan. I think it looks like him a lot from the side, but straight on it's hard to really see it (to me, anyway). I messed around with it quite a bit, but I couldn't pull it off.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My attempt at Dexter Morgan. I think it looks like him a lot from the side, but straight on it's hard to really see it (to me, anyway). I messed around with it quite a bit, but I couldn't pull it off.

Well the theme song starting playing in my head so you did something right I suppose.

GrayFoxPL

So this is the latest, and last, tweak to my Ron Perlman Character. I think its as close as I can get.
Its weird I can pick Biker gang outfits that are really close to SOA for gang members but I can't buy the same biker leather vest for my Character..so I'm stuck with the 50's style leather Coat for Clay.
Game is like Crack tho just love doing stuff.
aNzVD.jpg

Awesome Ron Perlman!

When I get the game I want to make Jason Statham.

Detox

Question for the UK guys - since the game is not on UK Steam, does that mean you don't have to register it on Steam, or is it still Steamworks but you have to buy in-store?

Any UK gaffers know about this, pretty close to buying a key but don't want to find out I can't register it on steam for awhile.

It is still Steamworks if you buy it in-store. The key you get in the box will register it on
steam.

I'm not having any problems on AMD 6850, did you guys get the CAP profiles released a few days ago?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Screenshots! And yes, I gave the dude the cockney accent.

Posing for the camera in front of everyone's favorite clothing store:

Eg2A2.jpg

Another pose shot:

dAxcJ.jpg

Random cruising around the city shots:

Dgn8G.jpg

IW4hn.jpg

putYf.jpg

I ended up rear-ending this STAG carrier at high speed, but didn't get any police heat for it oddly enough.

V9WWS.jpg

Running away from the coast guard!

16qlk.jpg

With the crew in front of a Friendly Fire:

PcG5n.jpg

Mugging the camera with the crew before the chaos begins. Tits & Grits is the best diner name ever.

1Faop.jpg

cvIEY.jpg

9GXcQ.jpg

The aforementioned chaos!

BcuiV.jpg

HeMfZ.jpg

QGAGS.jpg

Booty poppin with a different crew:

SsEom.jpg

Living it up in front of one of the cribs:

d9AuF.jpg

zfunI.jpg

I spotted this photo op flying around in the VTOL and figured, what the hell there should be enough room on that pier to land.

ZGNp0.jpg

Unfortunately the dude didn't want the VTOL to be in the backdrop for his picture...

d6wpn.jpg

...so I tossed his ass into the water!

LnMEA.jpg

Sometime later I spotted another collectible and landed nearby to snag it. Unfortunately, this cement truck ended up hitting it and blowing it up:

jwDQm.jpg

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
just saw my stats from SR site, wow I've been killing a lot of gang members

Gang Kills
Total Kills 17,464

The Average 352
Percentile 94%

▲4859%

Echoplx

Am I the only one who doesn't like the whole choose a reward for finishing a mission a certain way thing? It just seems so stupid in a game that's about unlocking everything

Why the hell would I spare killbane after all the shit he's done? For doing the 'correct' thing I get the shitty reward

OneLetter

Am I the only one who doesn't like the whole choose a reward for finishing a mission a certain way thing? It just seems so stupid in a game that's about unlocking everything

Why the hell would I spare killbane after all the shit he's done? For doing the 'correct' thing I get the shitty reward

You just haven't discovered the secret of Killbane's mask yet. Maybe you should wear it out in the town and go compliment the first awesome person you see in the city of Steelport.

**EDIT** Oh hey, I got an awesome new user title now. Thanks whomever added that. :D

obonicus

You just haven't discovered the secret of Killbane's mask yet. Maybe you should wear it out in the town and go compliment the first awesome person you see in the city of Steelport.

**EDIT** Oh hey, I got an awesome new user title now. Thanks whomever added that. :D

Just tried it out. Kinda cool, but the apocofist is better.

And just started playing with the cheats, some of these are amazing.

Dead Man

I am having a problem with the collectibles, no story spoilers, but I'll still tag it just in case.
I can't find the last sex doll collectable, when I look on the map, it says 79/80, but each area has the full count found when I check. I got the money on the guard base, but I cannot find this last doll.
Any help would be massively appreciated.

jgminto

Oh my. :D
Xs6PMl.jpg

dr77xl.jpg

I am having a problem with the collectibles, no story spoilers, but I'll still tag it just in case.
I can't find the last sex doll collectable, when I look on the map, it says 79/80, but each area has the full count found when I check. I got the money on the guard base, but I cannot find this last doll.
Any help would be massively appreciated.
Have you bought the collectible map from the Upgrade Store? It shows the location of all the collectibles.

Dead Man

Have you bought the collectible map from the Upgrade Store? It shows the location of all the collectibles.
Holy shit I am a moron! I didn't realise they showed on the actual map, I didn't see them there when I had selected ALL icons, so I thought they only showed on the small map in the HUD. Problem solved, thanks!

I was pretty upset by
the death of Johnny Gat.

Not so much when it happened though. When it happened, I thought he was still alive. Like, the plane went down and he was captured and is being experimented on somewhere by Morningstar like Oleg or something. I didn't think he was really dead.
I'm only midway through the game and I got online to try to figure out when he would be back, expecting a reunion mission where he has to be rescued, and then find out his death is permanent and the VA wants to dedicate his self to Hawaii 5-0.

So disappointed...
I'll miss ya, buddy.

Wow, what the fuck. Fuck that guy.

jgminto

Wow, what the fuck. Fuck that guy.

That's a bit irrational don't you think?
He couldn't play the character any more because he is working on other projects. Volition could have replaced him with a different VA if they wanted to but instead they decided to kill him off.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Finally getti into the game now that my copy arrived. Am about 4 hours in and only about 4 missions. So easy to get sidetracked. Also, by far the best use of Kanye in a game. :)

saunderez

That's a bit irrational don't you think?
He couldn't play the character any more because he is working on other projects. Volition could have replaced him with a different VA if they wanted to but instead they decided to kill him off.

It was fine to change
Shaundi's VA but not Johnny's? I don't get it. It's not like Daniel Dae Kim played the character in a way that can't be at least imitated. Or they could just break the mould entirely like they did with Shaundi, her new VA is nothing alike

jgminto

It was fine to change
Shaundi's VA but not Johnny's? I don't get it. It's not like Daniel Dae Kim played the character in a way that can't be at least imitated. Or they could just break the mould entirely like they did with Shaundi, her new VA is nothing alike

Sure but I don't see how that's the actor's fault.

Top Bottom