• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sally Yates testifies before Senate subcmte re: Flynn/Russ today 2:30EST (livestream)

AndyD

aka andydumi
Yates says she can’t answer if she has evidence of collusion between Trump campaign and Russian gov bc it’s classified

No idea everyone freaks about everything here.

Yep. Graham is pushing at the disconnect between CIA and FBI stances on collusion.

Yates standing firm that cannot answer and it means neither yes nor no.

Also Graham on substantiation of the "dossier". CIA says they could not verify it.

Buckle

Nothing will come of this.
1R4P0YS.jpg

Uhh

Why are people freaking out?? I'm watching and I don't get it...
Nothing to get excited about yet for sure. If they investigated if there was a pink bunny in my pants, and they were asked...they would have to say classified, even if they already had concluded the answer was no (or yes).

Boke1879

If anyone thinks any accusation will be made right here y'all are delusional. Investigations are still going on and a lot of info is classified.

Graham is starting to look and sound physical sick.

Voice startign to crack.

Ya, graham is worried. Yates got em. with that, I cannot comment on that as that would be classified

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Sally Yates says she two in-person meetings and a phone call with Trump White House Counsel Don McGahn about Mike Flynn

Uhh

Why are people freaking out?? I'm watching and I don't get it...
Because there is nothing to get, nothing happened yet, people are reacting the same way they have been reacting for months. When something big happens you'll get a million alerts on your phone from news organizations.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Yates says she informed the WH counsel's office that Flynn had been interviewed by FBI. WH Counsel asked how he did.

Buckle

I'm just being a realist :/
I get it. I was just being cheeky with you.

I generally try to expect the worst (seems almost a given in anything politic related in the next four years) to protect myself so I can be surprisingly relieved when things turn out alright but just gotta be careful not to fall deep down that hole of expected disappointment so much that you start to become a defeatist.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Yates: "The Russians also knew what Gen. Flynn and done, and the Russians also knew that Gen. Flynn had misled..."
Yates: "And that had created a compromise situation"

Yates: McGahn asked me if Flynn should be fired. I said it wasn't our call. We were giving WH info so they could take action.

Yates states that Flynn could have been blackmailed by the Russians.

E: I just want to punch Graham in the face so fucking bad right now

AndyD

aka andydumi
Graham on "incidental collection of info on any candidate."

Answers: Nothing from CIA, will not answer by Yates.

Top Bottom