• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy Note II (new flagship Android phone from Samsung)

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Just gave it a try - the full version definitely supports pressure sensitivity on the S-pen, whereas SketchBook Mobile Express does not. I'm not sure to what degree it's supported - the Note 2 has more levels than the Note 1 as I understand it.

(edit) Below - samples of the same brushes being applied with different pressures. Quoted for size.

Thanks for this! Note 2 now really has my attention. Price will be the determining factor now methinks. :)

So would this MicroSD work on the phone? is it good quality? I know nothing of microSD cards

Couple of things to note.
Buy directly from a reputable dealer (Amazon, newegg, etc). (I would recommend against third party sellers on Amazon).
There seem to be bad reviews for the 32 GB version of the same card.
SDXC cards seem to formatted as exFAT by default and I don't believe Android supports that? You will have to format it to FAT32 by some means. I am not certain about this though, I haven't looked into it in much detail. I went with a 32GB card.

KillGore

Yes it will work, and yes it is good quality.

Buy directly from a reputable dealer (Amazon, newegg, etc). (I would recommend against third party sellers on Amazon).
SDXC cards seem to formatted as exFAT by default and I don't believe Android supports that? You will have to format it to FAT32 by some means. I am not certain about this though, I haven't looked into it in much detail. I went with a 32GB card.

Thanks guys!!

Samsung Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II support exFAT out of the box.

kmfdmpig

Samsung Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II support exFAT out of the box.

I researched the same sd card today and found a great site that explains how it can be used in various devices. Unfortunately it's not something I can find again, but you're right that Galaxy 3 and Note 2 worked flawlessly with no need for specific formats, unlike many other phones. The speeds were also better because of it. Based on what I read I bought the same card and am now looking forward to the Note 2's release.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
samsung-galaxy-note-ii-t-mobile-price-leak.jpg

While we're just a heartbeat away from Samsung's American launch event for the Galaxy Note II, that hasn't stopped the leaks and rumors from flowing around the release. What appears to be an internal T-Mobile page leaked to TmoNews has the 5.5-inch giant costing $300 on the carrier's Value plan -- on par with Sprint's up-front price, if you're not including the long-term device payments. Classic plan adopters would supposedly pay $420 before dutifully mailing in for a $50 rebate, and it would take a hefty $700 for an outright purchase. Nothing's definite until T-Mobile gives the green light, and we haven't seen the prices that every other carrier will offer, but the price if real could establish a common narrative where Samsung's biggest phone this year includes an equally large price tag.

KillGore

You guys think I should wait till the 29th to see what the Google conference has to offer?? Rumors also speak about android 4.2, I wonder if the Note II will get it soon.

The rumors are that T-Mobile stores already took delivery of their GNIIs and are ready to sell them promptly in 2 days. If you're actually on TMo and know people at your local store, you might mosey on in and ask them if they've got some waiting for you already in the back. ;)

At this point I'm going to be waiting until the 29th anyways to see what exactly Google announces in terms of LG Nexus carrier availability and storage capacity options. After I finally get the official word that I won't get what I want, I'll look into picking up a Verizon GNII then.

Medalion

Banned
This thing is coming out to my provider of Telus next Tuesday

I am not in the upgrade period, but may buy one just outright

I want one, bad

T-Mobile's website has it right now for $370 with contract. Ouch. Best Buy's website has a listing for the T-Mobile version (one for each color), but it just currently says sold out online. I want this off contract, so I'm really hoping the $799 off contract price is just a placeholder, ouch

I have never upgraded my phone while in the middle of a contract. I am on an unlimited plan with Verizon for my Droid X2 but this has me very interested as I just bought a couple of samsung smart tvs for the house and allshare works pretty well.

Am I going to get screwed trying to upgrade? What is the process and what price point do I pay?

Emily Chu

Banned
Nearly shit myself when I saw that post. Whew. That's no phone... it's a space station

I think thats where we're headed....
>Galaxy Note III
>7.9" and UP
>1920x1200
>8GB RAM
>8 Cores CPU

phones are getting bigger
tablets are getting smaller

they will eventually meet up in the middle and it will be come one device class of 7-9" mobile devices with Data LTE etc

2014 phones will be MONSTERS

Titanium Gray. I'm hoping Best Buy has it available today, as that's the only place I can feasibly pick it up from because of the 18 months w/no interest Best Buy credit card. Online it's still listed as sold out, and I called my local store and they didn't know anything about it, though that's not exactly surprising

KillGore

So reading the endadget review of the US version of the phone I saw this picture

dsc02510-1350970336.jpg

and noticed the T mobile version has their logo on it. What about other carriers? do they have the logos on the phone, where? I'm thinking about buying the Sprint version but usually Sprint puts their logo on the front of their phone (from what I've seen, and AT&T too), but I prefer not having their logo. It's a stupid nitpick but would prefer it not having it. Anyone know?

Edit: I also read this

T-Mobile's version of the Note II, also known as the T889, is the only one of the US bunch to exclude support for LTE (for obvious reasons) and add the standard AWS radio and DC-HSPA+ 42 Mbps to the mix.

I'm confused, will the T mobile version not have 4G LTE??
I don't know what AWS radio and DC-HSPA is, help?

Edit 2: Still reading the review and saw this

While none of the US models will have Multi-Window upon launch, there are still plenty of other features on the phone that make as much use of all four cores as possible.

so we won't get multi-window?? will we ever get it? Also, why wouldn't we have it, it's the same exact phone with the same software.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So reading the endadget review of the US version of the phone I saw this picture

dsc02510-1350970336.jpg

and noticed the T mobile version has their logo on it. What about other carriers? do they have the logos on the phone, where? I'm thinking about buying the Sprint version but usually Sprint puts their logo on the front of their phone (from what I've seen, and AT&T too), but I prefer not having their logo. It's a stupid nitpick but would prefer it not having it. Anyone know?

Edit: I also read this

I'm confused, will the T mobile version not have 4G LTE??
I don't know what AWS radio and DC-HSPA is, help?

Tmobile doesn't do LTE, so no, it won't have LTE.

Top Bottom