• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy Note II (new flagship Android phone from Samsung)

LatinosPost recently received a tip that pre-orders for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2 were going to start tomorrow, October 25. The tipster had spoken to a Verizon representative through a live chat and had sent us a screenshot of the conversation.

This writer followed up on the lead and chatted up with a representative, and finally have some news for you from a Verizon representative: pre-orders will indeed begin October 25 at 12:01 a.m. EDT.

The representative also confirmed that the Galaxy Note 2 would arrive "within 1 month" and cost $299.99.
Read more at http://www.latinospost.com/articles...ung-galaxy-note-2-pre.htm#4Asry0CSkLMp1Z6l.99

this cant be true can it? A month?? They are making me want to go to Sprint!!

2real4tv

Nice review but I dont like that he has put on a custom launcher or ROM. Should be out of the box stock for a proper review.

There are plenty of those to choose from. I like what he has done with the UI. I want to wait until the price comes down but vids like that make it harder to wait.

SHIP BY NOVEMBER 27TH?!?!

Kornheiser_Why.jpg

Also, I'm only seeing 16 GB option at that link. Where is 32 GB option?

As anyone living in Phoenix while having Sprint as a phone carrier will tell you, it sucks not having 4g. It's especially painful if you have a 4g phone, so your paying an extra 10 bucks a month for a service you can't even use in state!

But after speaking with an customer service manager Sprint credited my account 100 bucks and pushed my upgrade date to tomorrow. So I can use that 100 credit towards an Note 2 or pay 50 bucks to get out of my current contract and get a S3 though T-Mobile.

Decisions, Decisions....

As anyone living in Phoenix while having Sprint as a phone carrier will tell you, it sucks not having 4g. It's especially painful if you have a 4g phone, so your paying an extra 10 bucks a month for a service you can't even use in state!

But after speaking with an customer service manager Sprint credited my account 100 bucks and pushed my upgrade date to tomorrow. So I can use that 100 credit towards an Note 2 or pay 50 bucks to get out of my current contract and get a S3 though T-Mobile.

Decisions, Decisions....

So you're complaining about not having 4G on Sprint, and then thinking about going to another carrier which doesn't have 4G? T-Mobile is the only company which hasn't even started launching an LTE network and may not for some time, depending on what is going to happen with MetroPCS.

You should consider getting a Verizon(TM) Galaxy Note II, which comes with the amazing Verizon(TM) button on the bottom and also Verizon(TM)'s 4G LTE network which already covers 75% of the US population and over 450 markets, including Phoenix.

So you're complaining about not having 4G on Sprint, and then thinking about going to another carrier which doesn't have 4G? T-Mobile is the only company which hasn't even started launching an LTE network and may not for some time, depending on what is going to happen with MetroPCS.

You should consider getting a Verizon(TM) Galaxy Note II, which comes with the amazing Verizon(TM) button on the bottom and also Verizon(TM)'s 4G LTE network which already covers 75% of the US population and over 450 markets, including Phoenix.

T-Mobile has 4g out here in Phoenix from what I've been told. And Verizon will never get a fucking dime of my money ever again. Besides they have no unlimited data plans.

T-Mobile has 4g out here in Phoenix from what I've been told. And Verizon will never get a fucking dime of my money ever again. Besides they have no unlimited data plans.

T-Mobile operates a 3G+HSPA network. Both T-Mobile and AT&T like to pretend that HSPA is 4G, but it's not. 4G is LTE. I'm not going to knock a fully-specced HSPA network as it can be very fast but I don't know how fast TMo is in Phoenix specifically. You should check Speedtest.net to see what other people have gotten on Tmo there.

chrislowe

I pay $66 a month and then i get free calls, unlimited data, and unlimited sms and the phone is included in that price.

Which is the same price as for an iphone 4s here.

Decisions, Decisions....

the $10 premium data addon is for all modern smartphones, not 4G phones.

KillGore

T-mobile here in Puerto Rico has the Note II for $270, pretty tempting. Sprint is the only carrier that doesn't have 4G on the island, but it's much cheaper (I guess that's why??), although T-mobile's monthly charge isn't a lot, $65 for unlimited everything( text, 3G, 4G, minutes). If I get a second phone it would be $110 for both (unlimited as well), so $55. I don't know what to do.

Edit: So it seems Sprint is the only carrier that does not have a branding on the phone, yay!

I live in Arizona and have Sprint. It sucks that we don't have 4g yet. I really want this phone. I might spring for it and kick it with my wicked slow speeds.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Just ordered this for Tmobile from Wirefly.

I will give my S3 to my wife. Hopefully it gets Paranoid Android eventually. I read that Samsung agreed to release the source code for the Exynos stuff, so hopefully that will cause CM to officially support it.

Well, I guess I got a consolation prize for waiting a month for Verizon to ship me a Verizon Galaxy Note II. I drove home from the Verizon store and looked at my Verizon Galaxy Nexus like I do every night and for the first time ever, it said 4G instead of 3G next to the signal bars indicator. Finally, Verizon 4G LTE has come to my little town!

Verizon

outsida

Got my unlocked international version yesterday. I love it. My iPhone 4s just seemed entirely too small. This is pretty much pertfect for my hands if not a tad on the long side. Now I just need to get used to android as this is my first phone with the other side.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Am I the only one who doesn't care about the Verizon logo on the home button? It's not like I can use it on another network anyway.

Cipherr

Am I the only one who doesn't care about the Verizon logo on the home button? It's not like I can use it on another network anyway.

Not really, It wouldnt deter a purchase from me at all. But it is funny to make fun of. Im literally just waiting for someone who has bought it to enter a GAF thread and ask how to pull up the multitask menu on their brand new Note II, so I can respond with:

"Oh, just hold down your '✔ Verizon' button!"

Then I will laugh at my own joke for a solid 3 minutes.

They are accepting preorders over the phone for the Note II today.
They wouldn't say anything about when I'd get it though, nothing about the 27th or 29th.

No I just want the phone, I don't give a shit about that logo thing. Who cares.

Top Bottom