• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy Note II (new flagship Android phone from Samsung)

KillGore

Went to Sprint the day it came out and it was sold out. What colors are your Galaxy Notes? Gray or White? I'm not sure what color to choose, so hard.

I just ordered these today. This coupon code gives you 50% off everything (Accessories) on the Samsung store.

rE155266e

How long till the coupon expires?

Went to Sprint the day it came out and it was sold out. What colors are your Galaxy Notes? Gray or White? I'm not sure what color to choose, so hard.

My last phone was black so bought the white this time. Looks great.

No idea when the code expires, sorry.

tigerin

i went with white because it usually has more resale value and from the look of the flip covers, it seems to goes well with most of the colors.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The first Verizon Galaxy Note 2 accessory you'll want to buy http://www.androidcentral.com/first...-ll-want-buy?utm_source=ac&utm_medium=twitter

NdZMv.jpg

antispin

I wanted to go white but the colour looks cheap alongside the silver bezel. Then I asked the grey to be opened and it was awesome, great colour. The official flip cover makes it even better

Apex and Nova are the most recommended. I got Nova prime cheap and get notification badges for messaging and emails which is nice.

Apex always seems to have an ever so slightly perceptible lag when switching screens that I don't notice in Nova. Nova is just smooth. Functionality wise they seemed pretty similar. Try both and see.

It looks awesome. everywhere you use your phone people look at it, and some people ask what phone it is :)

I was surprised at how many people noticed. I've had my bank teller, stranger at Kroger and clients at meetings ask what phone it was and which carrier it was available on. It looks like there is still a market for phones with a stylus. (I use the stylus quite a bit to take notes in meetings.)

CoilShot

I was surprised at how many people noticed. I've had my bank teller, stranger at Kroger and clients at meetings ask what phone it was and which carrier it was available on. It looks like there is still a market for phones with a stylus. (I use the stylus quite a bit to take notes in meetings.)

I've had this happen also which is kinda funny cause no one ever noticed my iPhone 4S like this.

Any websites selling the official accessories yet? Samsung's website that someone posted earlier with the fifty percent off code has two of the flip covers, but both are backordered, and are relatively boring colors. I was considering a green one, but I'm not sure ;)

KillGore

Any websites selling the official accessories yet? Samsung's website that someone posted earlier with the fifty percent off code has two of the flip covers, but both are backordered, and are relatively boring colors. I was considering a green one, but I'm not sure ;)

I don't think the colored flip covers have been released yet?

Oxn

So I got the iphone 5 on release date.

It was my first smartphone. Wasnt as thrilled as I thought I would be.

So today I was playing with my brother in laws Galaxy Note II, and OMFG, I was sooo envious.

Despite lower ppi, The Note II screen looks noticibly better, and everything about it was sooo freaking great. I think I made the wrong choice guys.

A 5.5inch screen phone is like the perfect size. Never thought I would like it.

tino

Banned

So today I was playing with my brother in laws Galaxy Note II, and OMFG, I was sooo envious.

Despite lower ppi, The Note II screen looks noticibly better, and everything about it was sooo freaking great. I think I made the wrong choice guys.

Wait for Note 3. Samsung will put a 1080p screen on it. The spec should last longer than a 720p screen.

Or wait half a year and sell your iPhone and then buy a Note 2, since the Note will depreciate faster than an iPhone.

Apple products have a good resale value. You could sell the iP5 and join the Galaxy Note Master Race.

Is there any way to get flash to work on my Note2? I was able to get flash to work on my Note 10.1 but not on this.

edit: Also what browser is everyone using? Opera mobile seem so much better then the stock one.

odhiex

I got mine. yesterday... the grey one. It took a lot of money from my savings :( but definitely worth it. Awesome so far... Now S Voice vs. Google Voice Search?? I found a bit of hit and miss between the two.

SVoice has sexier voice, but slower loading. Google voice is fast, but lack of humor scenes.

Oxn

Wait for Note 3. Samsung will put a 1080p screen on it. The spec should last longer than a 720p screen.

Or wait half a year and sell your iPhone and then buy a Note 2, since the Note will depreciate faster than an iPhone.

Apple products have a good resale value. You could sell the iP5 and join the Galaxy Note Master Race.

I considered both options.

Wait for the Note III or just get the Note II now (Im on a family plan where my other lines have their free upgrades, so i could use it and just sell my Ip5)

Ill see.

KillGore

Yay, got the phone today, my god it's amazing. First thing I did was watch HD videos of DBZ on youtube lol 3G also seems faster than my HTC Evo 4G, maybe it's a better antenna or the processor? idk. The screen is amazing and everything runs buttery smooth. Bought a 64gb microSD card so I can't wait to put my movies and shows in there :D

Edit: Got the White version, sexy as fuck!

Edit 2: Question, GAF has a thread for Vita wallpaper and for iPhone wallpaper, is there a similar place (thread or site) where it collects wallpapers for the Note 2? I'm assuming since the phone isn't that popular, there isn't.

Yay, got the phone today, my god it's amazing. First thing I did was watch HD videos of DBZ on youtube lol 3G also seems faster than my HTC Evo 4G, maybe it's a better antenna or the processor? idk. The screen is amazing and everything runs buttery smooth. Bought a 64gb microSD card so I can't wait to put my movies and shows in there :D

Edit: Got the White version, sexy as fuck!

Edit 2: Question, GAF has a thread for Vita wallpaper and for iPhone wallpaper, is there a similar place (thread or site) where it collects wallpapers for the Note 2? I'm assuming since the phone isn't that popular, there isn't.

I am stuck in Sprints slow area myself, how does the 3g feel overall? Is it something that stiffles the phone or is it not that bothersome?

Isn't it a pretty standard resolution of 720x1280? Maybe you can look in Google images and set exact size as a search parameter?

KillGore

I am stuck in Sprints slow area myself, how does the 3g feel overall? Is it something that stiffles the phone or is it not that bothersome?

With my HTC Evo 4G I would usually get around 150-200kbps lol it seems now I'm getting more than twice that amount. I'm not sure if it's temporary or what but so far it's been good. Obviously it doesn't compare with ATT, TMO or Verizon but at least it doesn't suck as much as it did before. I heard Sprint will be turning on 4G where I live (Puerto Rico) in the following weeks, so we'll see what happens.

Isn't it a pretty standard resolution of 720x1280? Maybe you can look in Google images and set exact size as a search parameter?

You're right, I'm just being lazy lol I just wanted a place where I could find all sorts of cool wallpaper that I never thought of searching for, like I've seen on threads here on GAF. Especially wallpapers with patterns and such, which I don't know how to exactly look for it.

bede-x

I'm seriously close to buying the Note II. I have the HTC Titan and while I like the OS, I'm both tired of the lack of applications and have been wanting a bigger phone for quite a while. The specs on the Note II look amazing, battery time good and the OS fluid, the only real caveat is the brightness of the screen. It seems a little dark in comparison to a lot of other phones and Anandtech confirmed that in their review:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6386/samsung-galaxy-note-2-review-t-mobile-/8

Those of you who have it, how do you feel about it? Does it do alright in normal usage and what about outdoors?

Super AMOLED will always be darker than LCD but unless you only use your phone under the tropical noonday sun, it probably won't be a big deal for you.

Top Bottom