• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy S III (new flagship Android phone from Samsung)

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Haven't some of the leaks shown a glowing edge around the home button? Conceivably that could be used as a notification light.

Ashhong

I thought it was today for some reason. OP says 2pm May 3.

Yea, that's tomorrow

I don't understand all of the praise for the One phones. How are those considered amazing design? I mean really, from the front it looks like their past phones. And the back is just one smooth piece. I'm not feeling the WOW from that or the S3.

gwarm01

Sorry to bump but I'm hyped as hell for this event. I hope the phone comes out in multiple colors and blows away our expectations. No longer will I be tether to this chunky and fat Epic 4G. I hope they pull a Sega Saturn and have the thing available for order tomorrow.

Sorry to bump but I'm hyped as hell for this event. I hope the phone comes out in multiple colors and blows away our expectations. No longer will I be tether to this chunky and fat Epic 4G. I hope they pull a Sega Saturn and have the thing available for order tomorrow.

<3 my Epic 4G

gwarm01

<3 my Epic 4G

I just missed a funny cat pic because the Epic was just a little too slow.

Lately I keep realizing that the Epic is still a great phone. It's fast, has a great screen, and has about the same crappy battery as every other phone. I just can't resist my technophile urges when I see these sleek new phones. I will miss the QWERTY keyboard however..

I just missed a funny cat pic because the Epic was just a little too slow.

Lately I keep realizing that the Epic is still a great phone. It's fast, has a great screen, and has about the same crappy battery as every other phone. I just can't resist my technophile urges when I see these sleek new phones. I will miss the QWERTY keyboard however..

yeah, new KB or not, i've gotta move on to a Galaxy S3 or Samsung Nexus 3 or Galaxy Note 2... a KB would make me jump at the chance though!

Red

Yea, that's tomorrow

I don't understand all of the praise for the One phones. How are those considered amazing design? I mean really, from the front it looks like their past phones. And the back is just one smooth piece. I'm not feeling the WOW from that or the S3.
The One X is sexy as hell. I wish it was on Verizon. Such a beautiful device.

My last favorite looking Droid was the Incredible. I think HTC makes the nicest looking cell phones this side of Apple.

There are sleek devices like the new Xperia, but they have no personality compared.

I'm hoping the S3 is a looker. If the white/blue rumors are true, I'm hoping for a ceramic body or at least a brushed texture as in those blobby Meet the New Galaxy ads.

Ashhong

The One X is sexy as hell. I wish it was on Verizon. Such a beautiful device.

My last favorite looking Droid was the Incredible. I think HTC makes the nicest looking cell phones this side of Apple.

There are sleek devices like the new Xperia, but they have no personality compared.

I'm hoping the S3 is a looker. If the white/blue rumors are true, I'm hoping for a ceramic body or at least a brushed texture as in those blobby Meet the New Galaxy ads.

What is it that makes it sexy to you? Just wondering. Doesn't the front still look pretty damn similar to all of their phones from the last year? It looks pretty similar to this Inspire, except with less bezel and a more curved screen, much more refined you could say.

htc-inspire-group-500px.jpg

HTC%20One%20X.jpg

I'm not saying it doesn't look good. But I don't see it as a huge step up from their past phones as everyone does. People are quick to jump on Samsung for not revolutionizing their design from the S2 or Nexus, but praise HTC for doing (IMO) the same thing.

Zeppu

I was scared shitless I wouldn't have anyone to complain to when Sammy announces an underwhelming GS3.

Luckily GAF's back.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
What is it that makes it sexy to you? Just wondering. Doesn't the front still look pretty damn similar to all of their phones from the last year? It looks pretty similar to this Inspire, except with less bezel and a more curved screen, much more refined you could say.

HTC%20One%20X.jpg

I'm not saying it doesn't look good. But I don't see it as a huge step up from their past phones as everyone does. People are quick to jump on Samsung for not revolutionizing their design from the S2 or Nexus, but praise HTC for doing (IMO) the same thing.

The material the OneX is made out of is one of the best in the business. It's similar to the Lumina phones Nokia makes and puts the material they used in the old phones like the Inspire to shame. Plus its got less seam lines and a far superior screen and those are always sexy.

Cipherr

I was scared shitless I wouldn't have anyone to complain to when Sammy announces an underwhelming GS3.

Luckily GAF's back.

Meh, we already know the specs pretty much. This is all about carrier availability, how the different colors look, when its going to hit whatever country we are in, and whether the screen is AMOLED or AMOLED+. We pretty much know everything else.

The material the OneX is made out of is one of the best in the business. It's similar to the Lumina phones Nokia makes and puts the material they used in the old phones like the Inspire to shame. Plus its got less seam lines and a far superior screen and those are always sexy.

Yep, its also thin, light, all the speaker grills are machined, and the white one is breathtaking. Not to mention the magnificent screen and great black levels etc. Its flat out gorgeous.

d[-_-]b

Banned
Hopefully this is the phone to make me jump from my Galaxy S (Vibrant)... Since i'm due for an upgrade this year...

effzee

d[-_-]b;37526588 said:
Hopefully this is the phone to make me jump from my Galaxy S (Vibrant)... Since i'm due for an upgrade this year...

Same here and hopefully its on TMOBILE.

Vibrant has served me well.

antispin

Meh, we already know the specs pretty much. This is all about carrier availability, how the different colors look, when its going to hit whatever country we are in, and whether the screen is AMOLED or AMOLED+. We pretty much know everything else.

Yep, its also thin, light, all the speaker grills are machined, and the white one is breathtaking. Not to mention the magnificent screen and great black levels etc. Its flat out gorgeous.

I tried a couple of units in person. The white is indeed beautiful. But the screen has a tendency to squish into those rainbow streaks around the lower right hand corner. Build quality seems to be an issue, ironically: from what I have read online and from the aforementioned squishy experience.

Zeppu

I'm still hoping it's not ugly. Just like I kept hoping the GNex is curved.

Hilti92

Is there any problems with the S2 I should be watching out for? So far the only thing that I notice is that sometimes when I pull the screen, it kind of looks like the colors glitch for a second.

Red

HTC%20One%20X.jpg

Hold the white one in your hand and try to not get hard.

Zeppu

The GNex is curved. just no where near some of the renders people were popping out

Yes, yes, you know what I'm talking about. The whole ( thing. We knew it wasn't really that curved from all the pic leaks but we were all still hoping till the unveiling.

gcubed

Yes, yes, you know what I'm talking about. The whole ( thing. We knew it wasn't really that curved from all the pic leaks but we were all still hoping till the unveiling.

yes, i did hope it was a bit more curved then it is

Top Bottom