• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy S III (new flagship Android phone from Samsung)

IMO HTC won best hardware this go-round between manufacturers (so far).

Of course this will shit on it in terms of sales because it's samsung, but yeah.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
http://www.samsungtomorrow.com/2637

177E33454FA2B1101C85F4

1214EB404FA2B8B0330F19

112220454FA2B110025E68

134CB8404FA2B8B00FC04E

ill get this one instead

The screen is a 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED display. The bad news? The lack of a "Plus" in that name means it's PenTile, which means that pixelation is still visible despite the 306 ppi density, due to the sharing of sub-pixels.

meh

wait for Iphone 5 or Galaxy S IV

Sagitario

I don't like the roundness (I prefer the squared form of the SII)... but I will probably get. I am liking the colors. YAY for physical button!

Edit: PenTile... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :(

Cipherr

The phone houses a removable 2,100mAh battery, with a wireless charging option already in the works. Next to the battery and space for a micro-SIM, you'll find an increasingly rare microSD slot, whose absence was one of the main criticisms leveled at the Google Nexus, not to mention the HTC One X. This expandability sits alongside 16GB, 32GB or 64GB of internal storage, depending on which variant you buy.

Removable battery and MicroSD haters cry. Seriously. Very happy they went this way. 96GB of storage max. Fuck yeah.

artist

Banned
Samsung's love with Pentile shat this phone down, dont know why they dont ditch it?

Galaxy Nexus and HTC One still the best.

Is there anything about 720p that makes non-pentile difficult?
no idea but the one x screen looks amazing

am I the only one that thinks making a 4.8 inch phone as your flagship is kind of pushing it? I don't mind big phones made for that segment of people that like that, but you'd think you'd make your flagship accessible to as many people as possible. Or maybe they genuinely think it's a perfectly fine size for everyone to use.

Just odd. Maybe I'm alone. Not surprised they did this given their recent history, just find it weird in general.

Top Bottom