• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy S III (new flagship Android phone from Samsung)

gcubed

There's a feature where it see's your eyes and turns on the display when you're looking at it. I'm assuming that the camera's are on all the time but I'm sure you can turn this feature off anyway.

i dont think it turns itself on when you are looking at it does it? It won't turn itself off

Toki767

When do they announce release, carriers, and price?

At the start they already said US/Japan and some other place by summer. Though it was the Samsung President saying it and to me it sounded like he said by December, but I think he meant summer.

rabhw

This is a really shitty press conference in terms of presentation...it feels like everything was written by a marketing team in Korea and then translated to English using Google translate. None of the text reads nicely, or sounds natural when spoken by a presenter.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
This is a really shitty press conference in terms of presentation...it feels like everything was written by a marketing team in Korea and then translated to English using Google translate. None of the text reads nicely, or sounds natural when spoken by a presenter.

Are you saying "MADE FOR HUMANS" Is somehow cold and alienating?

longdi

Banned
ksp_video1.png

sorry samsung, best android ics phone this gen.
the blacks on the super lcd is very good too!
maybe the exynos mali gpu is very very fast..

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
the one x does look better and has a better screen, but the battery, and screen size of the s3 is tempting.

it all comes down to the cpu

Cipherr

sorta, but then it uses wifi direct to transfer files, which is actually pretty smart, and something i wish Google would steal

Yeah they definitely need to put that in JB or an upcoming mini update. Transferring a 1GB file from one phone to another in a couple of minutes is fucking awesome.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Some of these features sound good, some sound stupid. I'm assuming you can disable some of them.

kinggroin

Banned
ksp_video1.png

sorry samsung, best android ics phone this gen.
the blacks on the super lcd is very good too!
maybe the exynos mali gpu is very very fast..

Even if it is, point of diminishing returns.

What are we going to need a quad exynos and Mali combo for that can't br handled just as well by the s4/tegra 3?

123rl

Rip off Airplay: check
Rip off Siri: check
Reused Pentile screen: check
Reused Camera: check

The camera is good so that's not a problem. Airplay-similar features are a good addition as long as it works properly. I love Airplay. The only inexcusable thing is the screen. No excuse for cheaping out on a crappy screen. But as long as the marketing blurb will say 720p people will ignore (or not understand) the reason why it looks so poor

Biff

lol @ all the PenTile comments.

How many of you have eyes that actually detect the difference? Or are you just on the hater bandwagon? I've had my i9000 for 2 years now; played with countless other phones, don't see any difference at all.

Cipherr

Some of these features sound good, some sound stupid. I'm assuming you can disable some of them.

Probably but Im just watching for fun now. Im going to go with Sprints variant of the OneX. I am interested in knowing whether or not they get an Exynos Quad on the US variants, but Im assuming they wont. That would be the only thing that could change my mind, but I dont see that happening so I think I have chosen my next phone.

Craaaaaaaaaazy how high the competition is though, HTC really hit a home run and got on Samsungs level this year. So awesome.

Top Bottom