• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samsung Galaxy S4 (new flagship Android phone from Samsung)

Menelaus

Banned
Just pulled my Elago off to check for those scratches everyone is so scared about, nothing to report. I really like the slimness of it.

RangersFan

Elago Slim Case ($8) or Spigen Neo Hybrid ($30) seam to be two of the favorites around here.

Both can be found on Amazon

how are they cut on the bottom by the micro usb port? I am using a Spigen slim ultra fit $10, which is nice because virtually the holy bottom is cutout to allow for various docks and plugs to fit no problem. since I use the samsung media dock and ibolt car dock I found some cases won't work because of how it's cut on the bottom and/or how thick the case is.

The Spigen slim is working just fine for me I just find it rather bland looking, and kind of hard/cold touch. The other cases seem to offer a little more cushion and are more aesthetically pleasing, but I'll probably stick with the silm anyways since it fits all my docks.

Something that doesn't actually protect the body of the phone, while simultaneously making it harder to access and completely hindering the volume keys?

SWEET HALLELUJAH, FINALLY!
unless its somehow thicker in that area than the normal flip cover, you can still press the volume buttons thru the case.

Dakota47

When it comes to cases I can highly recommend NoReve. They aren't cheap, but the quality is worth it. I went for this one and I am really happy with it. Pics:

agfA4XE.jpg

XnZDoOC.jpg

Is there a way to show a picture in the gallery full screen?

Mine always shows the rest of the gallery on the bottom and it prevents the whole image from taking the whole screen.

Is there a way to show a picture in the gallery full screen?

Mine always shows the rest of the gallery on the bottom and it prevents the whole image from taking the whole screen.

Just tap the middle of the screen and it will go away. It will also go away by itself after like 5 seconds if you don't touch it I think.

Kambing

First time android user here, just migrated over from iOS. God damn, where have you been my whole life android?! Sooooogood.gif

Regardless, could someone help me out with one thing? I can't for the life of me figure out how to scroll back to the top of a page in Chrome. Like on the iPhone, you just tap the top of the screen and the browser jumps to the top of the page. Is there something similar for the S4? Would make my browsing life much better.

First time android user here, just migrated over from iOS. God damn, where have you been my whole life android?! Sooooogood.gif

Regardless, could someone help me out with one thing? I can't for the life of me figure out how to scroll back to the top of a page in Chrome. Like on the iPhone, you just tap the top of the screen and the browser jumps to the top of the page. Is there something similar for the S4? Would make my browsing life much better.

Nope.

Scrolling is faster on this phone so a few swipes will get you to the top.

Or you can use Dolphin browser which has shortcuts to gestures that will return you to the top of the page.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
How come this is going for $150 for Sprint on amazon now? It was released a month ago and for $250 with a contract renewal.

^ Or any browser other than Chrome. It's sleek and lovely looking, but lacks features and is terrible with Gifs. My favorite browser is xScope, but it limits the amount of open tabs which can be a bummer.

Kambing

Nope.

Scrolling is faster on this phone so a few swipes will get you to the top.

Or you can use Dolphin browser which has shortcuts to gestures that will return you to the top of the page.

Ah okay, will try and adjust accordingly then.

^ Or any browser other than Chrome. It's sleek and lovely looking, but lacks features and is terrible with Gifs. My favorite browser is xScope, but it limits the amount of open tabs which can be a bummer.

That is really too bad about Gifs. I think i will try it out for a week before changing browsers because the majority of my browsing does occur on GAF lol. And with E3 coming, the Gifs will cometh. I just love being able to sync my passwords and browser between PC and phone.

I'm looking for a sleeve holder for my new S4. I have a Neo Hybrid case for everyday use, but I want something I can slide the phone into for travel. If it can also hold a couple license/credit cards, I'd love that. Has anyone seen anything that's slick and what I'm looking for?

Got mine in today. This screen, my God!

I'm getting a weird purple ghosting effect when I scroll through settings though. Anyone else getting it? I can't use the dark GAF theme either.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
How come this is going for $150 for Sprint on amazon now? It was released a month ago and for $250 with a contract renewal.
Sprint were offering it for $150 with a new contract. Amazon in general I believe passes on the seller incentive to the customer, but if you cancel early you owe more money to them. At least that is how it used to work.

I'm looking for a sleeve holder for my new S4. I have a Neo Hybrid case for everyday use, but I want something I can slide the phone into for travel. If it can also hold a couple license/credit cards, I'd love that. Has anyone seen anything that's slick and what I'm looking for?

Something like this?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BBD0A82/?tag=neogaf0e-20

or

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BT9KSQ2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Seem to have good enough reviews and good prices.

A couple annoyances:

-The clock needing a half-second to update after turning the screen on. Minor, but oh soooo irritating.

-The Bluetooth fails the "just works" test. I use my phone for music and calls in the phone, and it'll randomly connect only to music or calls, rarely both. Requires fiddling every time I enter the car.

Reading up on this, these may be problems common to the S3, but a shame they're still around.

Top Bottom