• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Samurai Jack Season 5 |OT| But Yeah, I’m Thinking I’m Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusHD

Banned
Maybe if it was made in Japan

0DzhW.gif

Tsunamo

Great episode. I loved how it took some lighthearted Jack stuff and did a few nods to how he acts around other people usually. (mentioning accupuncture, him dressing up like the episode with the rave beats) and visually it was really nice with all the different backgrounds.

I can't wait until the blu-rays for these comeout, it's gonna look amazing in that quality.

Next episode preview got me even more hyped!

As much as I love Rick and Morty it makes me sad to think we would've probably got it this weekend if not for the April Fools stunt :(

cntr

Banned
Mostly baseless prediction: Jack's not going to try and teach Ashi about the world. He's gonna go off alone to find the sword, and leave her with...the Scotsman.

Tsunamo

Next Ep Preview spoilers:
On the topic of the Scotsman I hope something doesn't happen to him. The way that preview seemed to go implied he was the leader or was part of the resistance, which while awesome and fitting makes me worry he'll get captured by Aku or something.
Aku ordered extra thicc and the High Priestess delivered ��
I love the internet sometimes.

I turned this whole thread into shipping lmao.

Chill guys I wasn't actually advocating for it although it just wouldn't surprise me if it happened.

zeemumu

Aha, so I was right. Two did survive the fall but one died from her injuries shortly after.

Also brings new meaning to a murder of crows.

I don't think her brainwashing should wear off all the way because of the ladybug but it's cool that the facade put up by their leader is cracking. I wonder if she'll have to step in herself.

Crap DVR didn't record it because it thought this episode aired last week :/

Same. Clicked on it and it was the Rick and Morty episode from last week.

Xe4

Banned
Aha, so I was right. Two did survive the fall but one died from her injuries shortly after.

Also brings new meaning to a murder of crows.

I don't think her brainwashing should wear off all the way because of the ladybug but it's cool that the facade put up by their leader is cracking. I wonder if she'll have to step in herself.

Same. Clicked on it and it was the Rick and Morty episode from last week.

Ideally, just as with Jack, her mental problems are going to be a recurring theme. I don't think that suddenly one ladybug is suddenly going to make her better, and would be sorely disappointed if that was the case.

Also, one is likely dead, and another is missing. I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if one of the two (or both) ended up coming back and being an enemy of Ashi.

I feel as if I have a better inkling of where the show is headed than I did last episode, but there's still a bunch of places it could end up. Genndy said by next episode we'll have an idea of the show's direction.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I turned this whole thread into shipping lmao.

Chill guys I wasn't actually advocating for it although it just wouldn't surprise me if it happened.

too late scooby, you've unleashed an unspeakable evil.

NEO0MJ

I liked how more reasonable inner Jack was this episode. The form he manifests in, the way he talks, and what he says are all linked to the situation and Jack's state of mind.

Are you telling me the female character in a skintight catsuit who spent the majority of the episode chained, with a few shots of her butt in the air, has lewd fanart?

Why I never.

Well this thread turne into an anime thread rather quickly

Groundbreaking animated show that between its art direction, writing and sound design puts to shame not only the efforts of every other animator on TV, but most of them in Hollywood, week after week, and one girl in a catsuit shows up and boom the conversation becomes dominated by shipping and catsuits and 'thicc' and...

And we wonder why animation gets looked down on as for kids and good storytelling gets sold short at awards time.

Groundbreaking animated show that between its art direction, writing and sound design puts to shame not only the efforts of every other animator on TV, but most of them in Hollywood, week after week, and one girl in a catsuit shows up and boom the conversation becomes dominated by shipping and catsuits and 'thicc' and...

And we wonder why animation gets looked down on as for kids and good storytelling gets sold short at awards time.
Oh what fucking ever lmaaaaaao gtfo with this shit let people have fun on a fun episode.

No fun allowed. It's not like this was episode 2 and everybody was talking about the skin tight suit girls instead of discussing how masterful it was

Because that totally happened in episodes 2 and 3 right?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Oh what fucking ever lmaaaaaao gtfo with this shit let people have fun on a fun episode.

No fun allowed. It's not like this was episode 2 and everybody was talking about the skin tight suit girls instead of discussing how masterful it was

Because that totally happened in episodes 2 and 3 right?

It took 4 episodes for Senpai Jack to notice TsundAshi

Jocund

We don't gotta be in serious critics mode all the time, bruh. Loosen up.

Show's a masterclass and the ass was fat. We can have both.

Tizoc

I wonder if Jack sees Ashi in himself; her misguided path that not even she knows that she is on is reflective of his aimless journey throughout the land.

Great episode still.

NEO0MJ

I wonder if Jack sees Ashi in himself; her misguided path that not even she knows that she is on is reflective of his aimless journey throughout the land.

Great episode still.

The only thing Jack sees in Ashi is his dick.

Fuck it, the conversation is a lost cause. Might as well have some fun.

I'm pretty sure people talk like this about any show, not just animation.

Yup. Things we can joke about can just take up more time to talk about. Quite a few people expressed their wonder at the sheer excellence of this episode and the season overall, but when we've all seen the episode and feel the same way about it, there isn't much left to vocally discuss.

So it turns to shitposting.

Jocund

I'm sure we'll all be very dour and serious-minded come the end of next week's episode.

This was the lightest episode yet, tonally; It had some of the first laughs of the season. So naturally the conversation's gonna look a little different.

Roll wit it, y'all. C'mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom